Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah. Like, Res/Agr/Ind/Com plots are all normal and pop into a submenu with the basic plot, concrete, wood, interior, but Rec and Martial plots only have the interior 1x1 plot option.

Did you definitely update industrial revolution as well? I know it didn't actually update but cos they rolled the plots from it into the basic SS, it seems to have some weird conflicts with older versions regarding martial/recreational plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

OwlFancier posted:

E: can't you just pick up another companion and then just tab/esc out of the "send previous companion to...:" screen and it sends them back to their home location?

Only if you never send them anywhere, once you do that new settlement will become their default home (or until theyre moved again)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

OwlFancier posted:

Did you definitely update industrial revolution as well? I know it didn't actually update but cos they rolled the plots from it into the basic SS, it seems to have some weird conflicts with older versions regarding martial/recreational plots.

Yep. 3.0.0.

My save was only a few hours in so at this point I'm just saying loving it and nuking the entire install. :sigh:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Is anyone aware of a mod that causes NPCs to be alerted by opening loud containers or bumping into objects in the game world?

E: There are handful of mods that add items which, when thrown, alert enemies, but I want the flip side of that: accidentally alerting them when you make noise by opening a desk, or kicking a shopping cart, or similar.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 6, 2018

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Whatever was causing it is fixed after a total flatten, so welp.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone know if there is a mod that stops Protectrons from turning hostile any time a turret looks at you?

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Has anyone playing with horizon done the quest where you hold up that drug deal with the barman from diamond city? The mayor's son dropped 1200 caps and the crates had a poo poo ton of drugs. It seemed a little odd and I'm wondering if I've broken something.

I also came across a few bullet sponges, but I'm not sure if that's just that they were high level. I'm level 12 and one was a sergeant gutsy that was just ignoring point blank .45s from a suped-up pipe revolver.

Conversely the leader of the Forged went down in three point blank headshots from the same .45 revolver.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Has anyone playing with horizon done the quest where you hold up that drug deal with the barman from diamond city? The mayor's son dropped 1200 caps and the crates had a poo poo ton of drugs. It seemed a little odd and I'm wondering if I've broken something.

I also came across a few bullet sponges, but I'm not sure if that's just that they were high level. I'm level 12 and one was a sergeant gutsy that was just ignoring point blank .45s from a suped-up pipe revolver.

Conversely the leader of the Forged went down in three point blank headshots from the same .45 revolver.

There's a lot more emphasis on weak point hits in Horizon, so with something like the Gutsy it may be that it just has massive damage resistance on most of its body but will drop in a few shots with a hit on the right location (Where actually is the weak point on a Gutsy/Handy? The thruster?)

With the quest, I'd imagine that those items aren't spawned from levelled lists but are instead set manually, so Horizon's changes wouldn't have affected them unless they specifically went in and changed those exact containers/NPCs.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Last time I played Horizon (which was ages ago, admittedly) the enemies had all been overhauled to make weapon choice & taget location much more important. You had to use energy weapons on robots, and Gutsy/Handy bots were very well armored except for the thruster. Try using VATS from a distance to see which areas are vulnerable, and which weapons are the best.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Yeah I VATS hit the combat inhibitor, thruster and eye things, which are the weak points . But it was still at about 70% health after that. Maybe it's because I wasn't using pulse ammo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There's a lot more emphasis on weak point hits in Horizon, so with something like the Gutsy it may be that it just has massive damage resistance on most of its body but will drop in a few shots with a hit on the right location (Where actually is the weak point on a Gutsy/Handy? The thruster?)

With the quest, I'd imagine that those items aren't spawned from levelled lists but are instead set manually, so Horizon's changes wouldn't have affected them unless they specifically went in and changed those exact containers/NPCs.

Thruster is the biggest one but the combat inhibitor is also weak, the eyes take good damage, and the limbs can be easily destroyed. Really they're very flimsy everywhere except the main chassis, which is generally true of most robots in horizon. Protectrons have weak legs, assaultrons have weak arms, handies/gutsies have weak everything. Sentry bots have weak-ish arms and obviously the fusion cores.

The general idea is to try to make you blow their limbs off so that they try to self destruct on you.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is Natural and atmospheric commonwealth outdated? it crashes after a few minute every time even when running with no other mods

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Easiest way to kill robutts is to load API ammo. Then you can hit the combat inhibitor/thruster/fusion core easily in VATS.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

Is Natural and atmospheric commonwealth outdated? it crashes after a few minute every time even when running with no other mods

It's running fine for me, but I haven't seen a ton of the weather effects yet so maybe a specific one is crashing and you just had the bad luck to draw it?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ugh, I've not modded F4 in a while, I can't get AWKCR & Loads of ammo to work together, the ammo benche's only showing AWKCR recipes, not the other mod's.

is there some idiot step i'm forgetting ?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Awww, out of nowhere I'm getting crashes before the game even finishes loading, usvfs_x64.dll being the culprit. Hadn't changed anything in a while, either. (Starting a new game, even modded, does work, at least up until just after the Vault-Tec salesman comes by - that's where I quit back out.) Using LePresidente's fork of Mod Organizer 2, 2.0.8.1, which is where usvfs_x64.dll comes from.

If I take this opportunity to upgrade to the newest 2.1.1 release, is that going to force me to rebuild my modset etc.? Or can I just point it at the current MO2 directory and let it overwrite (after I make a backup, obviously)?

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 7, 2018

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Ygolonac posted:

Awww, out of nowhere I'm getting crashes before the game even finishes loading, usvfs_x64.dll being the culprit. Hadn't changed anything in a while, either. (Starting a new game, even modded, does work, at least up until just after the Vault-Tec salesman comes by - that's where I quit back out.) Using LePresidente's fork of Mod Organizer 2, 2.0.8.1, which is where usvfs_x64.dll comes from.

If I take this opportunity to upgrade to the newest 2.1.1 release, is that going to force me to rebuild my modset etc.? Or can I just point it at the current MO2 directory and let it overwrite (after I make a backup, obviously)?

Don't overwrite it, but yes, you can do a direct upgrade. Install the new MO2 version to a new directory, copy over your /mods/, /downloads/, and /profiles/

also of note, the profile system and custom directories for where your mods are now functions correctly!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

dragonshardz posted:

Don't overwrite it, but yes, you can do a direct upgrade. Install the new MO2 version to a new directory, copy over your /mods/, /downloads/, and /profiles/

also of note, the profile system and custom directories for where your mods are now functions correctly!

You shouldn’t need to do this manually. I just reinstalled MO2 over a backed up version of a previous installation and it simply performed a “repair” install, keeping the existing profiles, mods, and downloads in place.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I like the idea of bringing back the old hunting rifle but there is something really off about this model that I can't fully describe: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28851

It appears to have an exact copy of the 1911 pistol grip, and the receiver and charging handle seem really weird for a hunting rifle. The charging handle looks like it's from an open bolt submachinegun like a Thompson?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Seashell Salesman posted:

I like the idea of bringing back the old hunting rifle but there is something really off about this model that I can't fully describe: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28851

It appears to have an exact copy of the 1911 pistol grip, and the receiver and charging handle seem really weird for a hunting rifle. The charging handle looks like it's from an open bolt submachinegun like a Thompson?

It looks like an actual semiauto rifle, I can't recall the name but it was an off-brand of some sort, I want to say circa late-'60s/ear;y-to-mid-'70s, not very popular. The grip *panels* are 1911, the grip frame is... off.

Could be worse, though. Some modder might have only this to reference:

Edit: aaaaand magically FO4 started working again. Rolled back a few in-game hours and the saves loaded properly again, which they weren't doing last night at *all*.

To quote Todd: "It's just hosed!"

Is there a mod that helps the BoS actually fly Vertibirds? I forgot how bad they were... Brotherhood of Flaming Wreckage, belike. I know there's one that has varying levels of toughened Vertis, up to "may as well be invincible and hey skygod has Finger of Doom weapons too" level, but watching them corkscrew around into trees/buildings/etc. is painful to watch. (Originally, there was a fleet of fifty airships out of DC, but the rest lawndarted chasing individual mole rats and suchlike.)

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 8, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Does the current version of Mod Organizer found on the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194/) have any big issues I need to be aware of? I've heard the beta version linked in this thread's OP has tons of bugs that have to be worked around.

Also, regarding Survival. When I last played over a year ago, I loved the difficulty of the Survival mode but I hated how it only saved when I slept. Too often I'd run into a bug, or a crash, or other issues and I'd lose a ton of progress. I recall a mod that would autosave when entering/exiting a building AND at timed intervals while playing Survival, but I can't recall what it was named. Anyone know which one I may be thinking of?

Lastly, I remember having huge problems trying to build a fence around one of my settlements, did they ever make things like that snap together or is there a specific mod I should use for that? Do the various DLCs offer wider selection of fencing options because as I recall there weren't many choices when I last played and most looked like rear end.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Looks like sim settlements broke tenpines bluff somehow. Here's to hoping it fixed itself!

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Looks like sim settlements broke tenpines bluff somehow. Here's to hoping it fixed itself!

Is that the Taking Point quest location in your game?

https://simsettlements.com/site/index.php?threads/cant-complete-quest-taking-point-sunshine-tidings-co-op.2568/

I had this problem with that quest, too. The console command in this thread fixed it though.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

khy posted:

Also, regarding Survival. When I last played over a year ago, I loved the difficulty of the Survival mode but I hated how it only saved when I slept. Too often I'd run into a bug, or a crash, or other issues and I'd lose a ton of progress. I recall a mod that would autosave when entering/exiting a building AND at timed intervals while playing Survival, but I can't recall what it was named. Anyone know which one I may be thinking of?

Lastly, I remember having huge problems trying to build a fence around one of my settlements, did they ever make things like that snap together or is there a specific mod I should use for that? Do the various DLCs offer wider selection of fencing options because as I recall there weren't many choices when I last played and most looked like rear end.

You're probably thinking of Survival Options. It allows you to tweak a bunch of survival difficulty related options, including enabling autosave on load screens and incremental autosaves. If you're using MCM it will add a menu to that, if not you can get a holotape from a chem crafting station with the same options available.

Fences will snap together - I think they always did? Although it depends on the type of fence - they only snap on posts, so a fence like this =|= won't snap on the ends unless the fence piece you're trying to attach has a post on one of ITS ends. The vanilla options are still pretty limited but there are a ton of mods that add new snappable pieces - just search the Nexus for the word "snap".

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

khy posted:

Does the current version of Mod Organizer found on the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194/) have any big issues I need to be aware of? I've heard the beta version linked in this thread's OP has tons of bugs that have to be worked around.

You want Snappable Junk Fences, and there are a bunch of autosave / quicksave enablers on the Nexus, I can't recommend a specific one since I'm using Horizon and that has it built in. Just search the Nexus for "survival save" and see if one jogs your memory.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Nevets posted:

Is that the Taking Point quest location in your game?

https://simsettlements.com/site/index.php?threads/cant-complete-quest-taking-point-sunshine-tidings-co-op.2568/

I had this problem with that quest, too. The console command in this thread fixed it though.

I don't think it was, don't quite remember though. Is that particular bug one that crashes the game if you try to load the cell that the settlement is in? Because that's what I am getting. I am actually playing in VR, haven't tried to mess around with the console commands yet if you even can. Other than that, been so excited to mess around with this mod, definitely fills a spot that was missing in this game.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You're probably thinking of Survival Options. It allows you to tweak a bunch of survival difficulty related options, including enabling autosave on load screens and incremental autosaves. If you're using MCM it will add a menu to that, if not you can get a holotape from a chem crafting station with the same options available.

Pretty sure that's the one, and the Junk Fence mod that Nevets mentioned is the one I was thinking of.

So anyone got the verdict on Mod Organizer?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

khy posted:

Pretty sure that's the one, and the Junk Fence mod that Nevets mentioned is the one I was thinking of.

So anyone got the verdict on Mod Organizer?

The latest version of MO (2.1.1) is really stable (far more so than the beta version), haven't had issues with it. It's far more likely that a highly-modded FO4 will crash rather than MO, in my experience.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

khy posted:

No, and you should use that version on the Nexus. There's a lot of updates between the version linked in the OP and that one on the Nexus. The most recent version (2.1.1) fixes a boatload of the issues that the earlier 2.0.x releases had, including fixing the memory leak(s) introduced in 2.0.8.2 and making the profile/directory system actually functional.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Ygolonac posted:

To quote Todd: "It's just hosed!"

Back to crashing again, so I'm about ready to drop back into mod-picking again and restart. :smithicide: I'd be able to cleanly upgrade into the new Sim Settlements stuff, too. As well as add the rest of the weaoin/armor/PA/clothing mods I'd been considering - I'd kind of segued into "keep playing" mode from "keep testing mods". :v:

It's just... I'm *almost* level 100. I *almost* have Curie at max affection. I've *finally* gotten a second AK as a legendary drop. (Seriously, I've gotten multiple Harpoon Guns with the same legendary power as drops before the second Handmade Rifle ever appeared.)

:smithicide:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I wish I liked Fallout 4 as much as you do.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Hmmmm. I'd been noticing a "hitch" when looting Pre-War Money from containers - I was also getting the same delay on Legendary items, and the readable comic books from a mod I added - and found that trying to transfer the money to a container would lock the game up. (Well, $9k or so out of the $10.4k in inventory.) Went to an much earlier save, same issue. Same early save, buy from a merchant and pay in that same $9k-ish Federal buttwipe, there's a hitch... and the game continues. Seems the Legendary delay is gone as well.

Thing is, the only thing I'd done with the Pre-War Money was a retex mod that changed it into War Bonds - that shouldn't have hosed with the way the savegame was handling that item, right?

I'll keep screwing around off the last save I did after divesting my portfolio, see if it stays stable... ot's only a 39 meg savegame, that should be OK. :suicide:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ygolonac posted:

Hmmmm. I'd been noticing a "hitch" when looting Pre-War Money from containers - I was also getting the same delay on Legendary items, and the readable comic books from a mod I added - and found that trying to transfer the money to a container would lock the game up. (Well, $9k or so out of the $10.4k in inventory.) Went to an much earlier save, same issue. Same early save, buy from a merchant and pay in that same $9k-ish Federal buttwipe, there's a hitch... and the game continues. Seems the Legendary delay is gone as well.

Thing is, the only thing I'd done with the Pre-War Money was a retex mod that changed it into War Bonds - that shouldn't have hosed with the way the savegame was handling that item, right?

I'll keep screwing around off the last save I did after divesting my portfolio, see if it stays stable... ot's only a 39 meg savegame, that should be OK. :suicide:

If a script is running on every item, especially during a transfer, the scripting engine can get overloaded independent of the game. Have you done anything to increase the amount of resources allocated to Papyrus in your ini?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Is there a mod that just rips the crafting from Horizon and uses it for the base game?
I enjoy the crafting system, but the rest of it is pretty not my speed.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Post poste posted:

Is there a mod that just rips the crafting from Horizon and uses it for the base game?
I enjoy the crafting system, but the rest of it is pretty not my speed.

There shouldn't be any that literally carve it out of the mod, but there are plenty of mods that do versions of parts of what Horizon does so you should be able to cobble together some approximation. What part of the crafting specifically is it that appeals to you?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

What part of the crafting specifically is it that appeals to you?

Having to scrabble together gun parts to make a weapon better, so I have to pick up and recycle guns into better guns instead of just slapping a billion glue covered screws into them.

Having HP restores that aren't percentage based and vaguely hard to craft, because most of my FO4 runs end up with me having hundreds of stimpacks.

Having explicitly non-combat heals, like the bandages and trauma kits, which matches with not being able to eat 10 lbs of steaks to heal my wounds.

The ammo crafting system that doesn't devolve into "make the ultra best ammo" and is instead "pick the right ammo for the enemy" [e.g., explosive ammo being hilariously OP]

Gun turret and recruitment beacon setup kits so I don't have to manage what I haul as much.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

What part of Horizon do you not like?

Sounds like it may be easier to try and un-Horizon the parts you want to stay vanilla. There are some gameplay & difficulty customization mods that might make the combat closer to vanilla.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Nevets posted:

What part of Horizon do you not like?

Sounds like it may be easier to try and un-Horizon the parts you want to stay vanilla. There are some gameplay & difficulty customization mods that might make the combat closer to vanilla.

I don't like: Being ammo starved from the get go, respawning on death, and the settler and base building changes.
I'd rather just die, use sim settlements and be able to shoot the enemies that never run out of ammo.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Post poste posted:

Having to scrabble together gun parts to make a weapon better, so I have to pick up and recycle guns into better guns instead of just slapping a billion glue covered screws into them.

Having HP restores that aren't percentage based and vaguely hard to craft, because most of my FO4 runs end up with me having hundreds of stimpacks.

Having explicitly non-combat heals, like the bandages and trauma kits, which matches with not being able to eat 10 lbs of steaks to heal my wounds.

The ammo crafting system that doesn't devolve into "make the ultra best ammo" and is instead "pick the right ammo for the enemy" [e.g., explosive ammo being hilariously OP]

Gun turret and recruitment beacon setup kits so I don't have to manage what I haul as much.

Agony is a little more involved, but it might scratch your healing itch. I know there are a couple of ammo switching/crafting mods, but I haven't tried any of them so I can't comment on balance.

Post poste posted:

I don't like: Being ammo starved from the get go, respawning on death, and the settler and base building changes.
I'd rather just die, use sim settlements and be able to shoot the enemies that never run out of ammo.

I don't have an easy fix for ammo issues, but the death respawn can be disabled (there's a holotape) and you're under absolutely no obligation to interact with the settler stuff. Just go wild with Sims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

Agony is a little more involved, but it might scratch your healing itch. I know there are a couple of ammo switching/crafting mods, but I haven't tried any of them so I can't comment on balance.

I don't have an easy fix for ammo issues, but the death respawn can be disabled (there's a holotape) and you're under absolutely no obligation to interact with the settler stuff. Just go wild with Sims.

Thanks, that really helps me out. I'll check it out!