Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Wasn't he in 52 or Final Crisis or one of those? I remember his being able to teleport when he snapped his fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

Who is this snapper carr y'all are referencing

Snapper Carr was the original Justice League mascot. He was a young kid who snapped his fingers a lot and generally filled the role you'd expect. He continues to appear in various forms in a lot of media, usually as a reporter or something. He's shown up a LOT in various forms and has had everything from the superpower to teleport by snapping his fingers to being a supervillain named the Star-Tsar.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, Snapper gained teleportation powers back during the Invasion miniseries. Most recently they've had him working as an agent of Checkmate.

Basically, no one seems to know what to do with him, but DC doesn't want to get rid of him entirely because hey, he hung out with the original Justice League. So every so often a new writer will come along, try to make him interesting again, fail, and toss him back on the discarded character pile.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

Who is this snapper carr y'all are referencing

Someone who wasn't in nearly enough episodes of Supergirl.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Peter David had pretty good use for him as one of the League-appointed babysitters of Young Justice. Every time he showed up he'd be wearing a t-shirt version of some DC character like Blue Beetle or Ultra Boy. The apex was when he was talking on the phone with a Rick and just listing poo poo Rick had told him, which was naturally all the poo poo that happened to Rick Jones.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

howe_sam posted:

Is this guy a photographer? Because that's the only way a name like Snapper works for this guy. Or any guy, really.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rough Lobster posted:

Is this guy a photographer? Because that's the only way a name like Snapper works for this guy. Or any guy, really.

Or a fishing enthusiast. Or someone with a short temper. Or a guy who really likes Slim Jims.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Snapper being an idiot was a Judd Winnick joke that I guess nobody else remembers except me. PAD really did have the best use of him. A shame DC will never get collections of YJ out.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I remember liking his role in the android Hourman series too, but I haven't read that for years and don't know for sure how well it holds up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Snapper being an idiot was a Judd Winnick joke that I guess nobody else remembers except me. PAD really did have the best use of him. A shame DC will never get collections of YJ out.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1401271162/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=INWWTUDXY54YY&colid=J729E7AI7OYT&psc=0

?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They've been reprinting that trade for 15 years. Call me when they get something in the third year into a trade.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Rhyno posted:

They've been reprinting that trade for 15 years. Call me when they get something in the third year into a trade.

Okay, what Miracleman style pileup of rights is causing the issue here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cornwind Evil posted:

Okay, what Miracleman style pileup of rights is causing the issue here.

Supposedly Johns doesn't like the era.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

He still hasn't returned from that "sabbatical" he went on between seasons.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Still liking Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows

Latest issue:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rough Lobster posted:

He's an editor for the not-HuffPo website Supergirl works for, so it's plausible he was.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

In the benighted words of Jeff Foxworthy, "a 'snapper' is a pussy, y'all."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Supposedly Johns doesn't like the era.

If only there were 15 years of published evidence of his distaste for the era and their characters.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Knormal posted:

He's an editor for the not-HuffPo website Supergirl works for, so it's plausible he was.

He was the editor of CatCo Magazine, which apparently publishes publishes daily and is the paper of record for National City...I think...the show wasn't very clear about that from episode to episode.

And he got the nickname Snapper for being short-tempered. I actually really liked the character, he made for a good ersatz Perry White.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

And he got the nickname Snapper for being short-tempered. I actually really liked the character, he made for a good ersatz Perry White.

I was never entirely clear whether the show wanted us to think he was Kara's unreasonable pointy-headed boss or if we were supposed to recognise that he's right about the importance journalistic standards and that Kara can't keep handing in opinion pieces if she wants to be a serious news reporter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

If only there were 15 years of published evidence of his distaste for the era and their characters.

I have to preface anything with a "supposedly" these days, don't wanna irritate XO.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

howe_sam posted:

No, that's Lou Grant.

(Seriously, all last season, I was waiting for Snapper to tell Kara that she had spunk, and that he hated spunk.)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

1: I couldn't choose which of these horrors to post, but suffice it to say I have Cap's face from the first cover at the moment.

https://nmpositive.tumblr.com/post/169378062811/browsethestacks-marvel-mangaverse-2002

2: Not so much funny as just 'fun' :)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Who's the loser next to Logan?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Is it the bad version of Death's Head?

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Omega Red?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

mind the walrus posted:

Death’s Head II

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

Death’s Head II

The bad version of Death’s Head.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the Punisher.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

amigolupus posted:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

amigolupus posted:

:drat:

e: I thought UDON were supposed to be ok? Like, the UDON Taskmaster costume is still the best Taskmaster costume

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Who are the two flanking Ghost Rider?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

SonicRulez posted:

Who are the two flanking Ghost Rider?

Gamorra and Nomad?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phy posted:

:drat:

e: I thought UDON were supposed to be ok? Like, the UDON Taskmaster costume is still the best Taskmaster costume

If you're talking about Mangaverse Spider-man, it is indeed the only non-lovely thing to come out of the line.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Does an arcade machine's motorcycle count as a vehicle for Ghost Rider's hellfire? :iiam:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Gamorra and Nomad?

thats gamora and johnny blaze

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Spider-Man being at that angle with the background the way it is is the most 90's thing in an image that consists of only ridiculously 90's things.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Lurdiak posted:

If you're talking about Mangaverse Spider-man, it is indeed the only non-lovely thing to come out of the line.

Mangaverse Reed Richards stretching his brain to increase the number of connections (?) and become even smarter (!) doesn't make a lick of sense, but I still love it a lot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't that a plot point in UFF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
iirc it was even weirder and he like surgically mushed someone else's brain together with his