Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Counterpoint: Chinese resin is cheaper than plastic, 30k is a budget intro game.

I ordered the new book, and am sorting out my toxx. I moved my tech thrall hordes to the back-burner due to the 8th uncertainty, but this looks like the year it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

moths posted:

This looks like the year it happens.

:bisonyes:

Good man.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Tt's ban came through but not mine. I must be special.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Ban this sick filth.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

TKIY posted:

Ban this smug Canadian gently caress.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TKIY posted:

TKWG taking the fall for you again?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Pffft :colbert:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Still here peons.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TKIY posted:

Still here peons.

MODS!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
tkwg your administration is weak

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Ban this sick filth.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

TKIY posted:

Still here peons.

Ettin please ban this smug gently caress who failed his :toxx: and somehow dodged the ban he was owed.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

TTerrible posted:

tkwg your administration is weak

Make me admin

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Broken Record Talk posted:

Ettin please ban this smug gently caress who failed his :toxx: and somehow dodged the ban he was owed.

I filled out the field but forgot to press submit :ssh:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
The body count grows. :devil:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
gently caress y'all.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Ettin posted:

I filled out the field but forgot to press submit :ssh:

By surviving this purge, I have become like the one true hope of Toxx failers. Like some sort of Toxx Messiah.

You also may all refer to me as Jesus of the Toxxes. I bring you a message of peace and hope. Amen.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TKIY posted:

By surviving this purge, I have become like the one true hope of Toxx failers. Like some sort of Toxx Messiah.

You also may all refer to me as Jesus of the Toxxes. I bring you a message of peace and hope. Amen.

I DEMAND BLOOD

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 7, 2018

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TKIY posted:

Someone get a cross

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
And D3 nails.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm back bitches, and I took way less than three days.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I am a colossal imbecile who doesn't learn from his mistakes and :toxx: an allied detachment for 2018.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Mango Polo posted:

I am a colossal imbecile who doesn't learn from his mistakes and :toxx: an allied detachment for 2018.

Making a Questoris Allied Detachment? :v:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I'm going to :toxx: for 40k Death Guard, a playable army by the end of the year.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Broken Record Talk posted:

Making a Questoris Allied Detachment? :v:

You won't bait me. I will willfully remain unclear on which faction the detachment is from until it's done.

I do have enough knights though. I think.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
FAQ dropped for HH 1.0:
  • You can take knights as single LoW again
  • Sniper doesn't work on blasts or templates
  • Shell shocked removed from Frag Quads, finally ending a 6 year debate
  • Graviton Imploders are staying nerfed, but gained the 3D6 for armour penetration rule that the leviathan grav weapon has. So still really bad for the points
  • Combi Volkite and Grenades are multi-use by design
  • Vehicles can fire ordnance on the move, but if vehicle fires an ordinance weapon all other weapons are snap shots

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Let’s discuss snap shotting ordinance

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Let’s discuss snap shotting ordinance

Forbidden topics:
Tipping in restaurants
T*m Br*dy
Doob’s
Snap shooting ordinance

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

panascope posted:

Forbidden topics:
Tipping in restaurants
T*m Br*dy
Doob’s
Snap shooting ordinance
Semprini

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I spent my holiday break chilling and getting back into painting. I'm mostly focusing on upping my painting game and getting back to where I was before I converted poo poo for like 2 years straight. Painted up some new crows: each is a slightly different recipe. Leftmost is the oldest and the right most is the newest. What's your favorite?

Here's all my crows. Rightmost is the first time I really picked up a brush in years. Right most is after about a week of painting:

Along the way I also upped my basing game:

I finally took the time to learn how to paint leather:

The crows need tanks too, so I'm figuring out what that's going to look like. Still haven't finalized a recipe, but I think I'm close. Thoughts?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Thoughts: I'm embarrassed to post my stuff in the same thread as you. And I just ordered all 3 FW masterclass books in the hopes of upping my game.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ok :toxx: me in.

HQ: Magos Dominus
TR: 10x Adseculari
TR: 3x Thallax
FA: 3x Vorax

My "current 30k army" is a whopping 3x Thallax that I painted last year to see if I liked the figures - which, why yes, I love them very much. (...And some chainblade tech thralls I'm converting for an insane hundred-thrall meat pile.)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bulbasaur I think I like your first crow the most, but think you should subtly change up every crow you paint to make them look a bit more ragtag.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

I spent my holiday break chilling and getting back into painting. I'm mostly focusing on upping my painting game and getting back to where I was before I converted poo poo for like 2 years straight. Painted up some new crows: each is a slightly different recipe. Leftmost is the oldest and the right most is the newest. What's your favorite?

I think I like the rightmost (newest) in this line, but that might only be because the somewhat brighter greatcoat makes it contrast more strongly with the base. All of them look great and unique.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DrPop posted:

I think I like the rightmost (newest) in this line, but that might only be because the somewhat brighter greatcoat makes it contrast more strongly with the base. All of them look great and unique.

ijyt posted:

Bulbasaur I think I like your first crow the most, but think you should subtly change up every crow you paint to make them look a bit more ragtag.

Oh no yeah, the rightmost is the best.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:goose:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Bulba how many crows do you have painted now? 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

Bulba how many crows do you have painted now? 8?

I'm 2 away from my first legal troops choice! :stoked:

Learned a lot about macro photography too. I can type up a tutorial for you if you're looking for some tips