Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Probably Magic posted:

It's Time To Give Joe Lieberman Another Shot

If anyone does this, make sure the syringe is filled with Drano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/status/949768604265758720

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Look at dat ratio

Edit: this is comparable to Alfonso Soriano's 2006 season, where he hit .277/46/95

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 7, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm against the wall purely for environmental reasons, and it's annoying to me that people are more racist than care about migration paths of endangered species.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Probably Magic posted:

It's Time To Give Joe Lieberman Another Shot

Joe Lieberman deserves the same shot Dick Cheney gave his own attorney.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Wanna know a secret?

The wall already exists pretty much everywhere you can have wall (so not on like, cliffs and stuff).

It also has hosed up border communities. In this episode of Majority 54 Jason Kander talks to a Republican rancher who lives on the border and why the wall is such a terrible, terrible idea.

https://crooked.com/podcast/the-border-wall/

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The "Party of Reagan" being so fond of walls in Israel and America is, uh, it's sure something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

Wanna know a secret?

The wall already exists pretty much everywhere you can have wall (so not on like, cliffs and stuff).

It also has hosed up border communities. In this episode of Majority 54 Jason Kander talks to a Republican rancher who lives on the border and why the wall is such a terrible, terrible idea.

https://crooked.com/podcast/the-border-wall/

Yeah, most of it was built after the Secure Fence Act was passed in 2006.

“The bill before us will certainly do some good,” Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He praised the legislation, saying it would provide “better fences and better security along our borders” and would “help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.”

Also supported by Hillray, Biden, and Schumer among like 20 other dem senators.

Great job assholes.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Great job assholes.

The story of America

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
^^^ That should be the title of an American retrospective or the subtitle to "The Rise and Fall of the American Empire"

Probably Magic posted:

The "Party of Reagan" being so fond of walls in Israel and America is, uh, it's sure something.

Of all of America's many sins the most unassuming and treacherous is it's total and complete lack of self reflection.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

^^^ That should be the title of an American retrospective or the subtitle to "The Rise and Fall of the American Empire"

Of all of America's many sins the most unassuming and treacherous is it's total and complete lack of self reflection.

"blame america first" is the most insidious response to any attempt at understanding our mistakes because it implies that even admitting you've ever made a mistake at all is treasonously unpatriotic.

It's a sign of our pathological national insecurity

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

If anyone does this, make sure the syringe is filled with Drano.

He gets one shot, while against a wall and blindfolded, cigarette in his mouth and a beloved Canadian character actor in a Generalissimo outfit in charge of the proceedings.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Nah, that's "Thanks, Obama".

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

"blame america first" is the most insidious response to any attempt at understanding our mistakes because it implies that even admitting you've ever made a mistake at all is treasonously unpatriotic.

It's a sign of our pathological national insecurity

We are a country that thinks we're the rebel alliance but are actually the glactic empire.

The sooner we admit it to ourselves the better things will be.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Even if the Eagles win the Superbowl I'm gonna dunk your head in the toilet

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shangri-Law School posted:

I have Feingold outspending Johnson last year. What exactly did the Democrats do to not help him?

https://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary?cycle=2016&id=WIS2

He voted against immigration reform in 2007 and sucks on gun control. I think Warren is the best, but Gillibrand is probably the smartest.

Their ground game was dogshit especially in Milwaukee which also was a major contributing factor to Hillary losing the state.

ETA also Dems didn't try outside of Milwaukee and Dane county at all

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 7, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, yeah, I was supposed to post that I saw the Star Wars movie.

It sure could've used way less apocalypse nonsense happening constantly

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Giving money to Trump for his stupid "wall" (not 18 loving billion of course,but say 500 million)which will just involve reinforcing stuff thats already there in exchange for ensuring that 800,000 people dont get deported is actually a good thing but ok.

And yes I would bet anything that Trump would settle at 500 million because he is desperate for a victory and might be the worlds worst negotiator.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Giving money to Trump for his stupid "wall" (not 18 loving billion of course,but say 500 million)which will just involve reinforcing stuff thats already there in exchange for ensuring that 800,000 people dont get deported is actually a good thing but ok.

And yes I would bet anything that Trump would settle at 500 million because he is desperate for a victory and might be the worlds worst negotiator.

Is Trump actually offering that or is that some twitter dudes wet dream.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Twitter Dudes play is to build the wall to own the CHUDs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CharlestheHammer posted:

Dumb twitter dream, Trump would reneg on that deal in .00000001 seconds after declaring victory

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I thought Mexico was going to pay for it. A single American dollar towards the wall is a failure and broken campaign promise.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have no idea. I doubt Trump has thought about it at all because he has zero capability of foresight. But its worth a shot by Pelosi and Schumer IMO. Like I said Trump is an atrocious negotiator and is also desperate. If the Dems decide that they would be willing to appropriate 1 billion dollars to reinforce some fences they could start the negotiations at $500 million and Trump would walk out smug that he "bullied" them up to $750.

Trump and the Republicans are holding the Dreamers hostage. The Dems have to decide whether to try and give a little or else shutdown the government in which case a poo poo ton of people are going to suffer as well. It's despicable and evil but thats the situation until we vote the fuckers out. It's ironic that no matter what a bunch of sadbrains are going to poo poo on the Dems. If they make a deal with Trump its a freakout over dealing with the devil and legitimizing him. If they do nothing then they abandoned the Dreamers. Just today some people in US Pol flipped out because Doug Jones voted to confirm some random office assistant to Secretary Mattis.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 7, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

I thought Mexico was going to pay for it. A single American dollar towards the wall is a failure and broken campaign promise.

Well you see we make it back because of the economy or some imaginary money or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Dumb twitter dream, Trump would reneg on that deal in .00000001 seconds after declaring victory

Yeah amnesty for the Dreamers kind of makes the point of the wall pointless.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally saw The Last Jedi. Liked it but I thought it was a little too long. Also on the drive home my wife said Kylo Ren looked like "a sobbing duck".

Time to go read 20 pages of spoilers in the last chat thread!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

C-Euro posted:

Finally saw The Last Jedi. Liked it but I thought it was a little too long. Also on the drive home my wife said Kylo Ren looked like "a sobbing duck".

I'm sad I didn't get to participate at the time cuz I have things to say!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I thought the Cruiser thing would be the ending, but nope, it just kept on trucking for another half hour.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm sad I didn't get to participate at the time cuz I have things to say!

Then say them, anyone that will care about spoilers should have seen it by now.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

Their ground game was dogshit especially in Milwaukee which also was a major contributing factor to Hillary losing the state.

ETA also Dems didn't try outside of Milwaukee and Dane county at all

Well that sucks. I hope that next time they do better. Maybe you can help them!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/RobynElyse/status/949301698232750080

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump and the Republicans are holding the Dreamers hostage. The Dems have to decide whether to try and give a little or else shutdown the government in which case a poo poo ton of people are going to suffer as well

I'm already hosed because there ain't poo poo on USA Jobs right now so I say drat the torpedos, full speed ahead.

The one below it is also hosed up but might have a happy ending long after the baby is born and the family suffers for months or possibly years???

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 7, 2018

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I told my wife to choose the Netflix movie tonight, and she picked Marie Antoinette. I’m not sure how to describe it, is there a word that encompasses feeling simultaneously crushingly bored and filled with boiling rage?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm already hosed because there ain't poo poo on USA Jobs right now so I say drat the torpedos, full speed ahead.

The one below it is also hosed up but might have a happy ending long after the baby is born and the family suffers for months or possibly years???

Hey I had that 2nd one (a company laying off someone just after they inform the company they are expecting) happen to a good friend of mine.

gently caress those companies.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I told my wife to choose the Netflix movie tonight, and she picked Marie Antoinette. I’m not sure how to describe it, is there a word that encompasses feeling simultaneously crushingly bored and filled with boiling rage?

Yeah, it's called a Ravens' offensive drive.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I, Tonya was cool and good.

Sebastian stan does a killer job. He must be on all kinds of roids to be in marvel shape. I almost didn't recognise him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, it's called a Ravens' offensive drive.

I'll have you know the Ravens have secured James Urban, the Bengals WR coach, as our QB coach for 2018. This guy coached up bums like AJ Green into respectable #1s. So you know, problem solved.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

OxySnake posted:

Hey I had that 2nd one (a company laying off someone just after they inform the company they are expecting) happen to a good friend of mine.

gently caress those companies.

Are they in a "Right to fire anyone at any time as long as they find a good excuse" state?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

yeah. "Sophia Coppola Movie."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Had a guy at my new job tell me unironically he only watches hentai. He said it out loud in front of people. He was wearing one of those small bill hats that's a dead giveaway usually.

I should have asked him if he's a goon I think

I've been glued to my phone reading trump meltdowns and cspam and I think my eyesight is going because of it