Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gently caress yeah! Bring on Philly!

This defense is impressive...3rd and long problems excluded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Our 3rd and long defense is sad. :smith:

I'm gonna need you to buck the gently caress up, CAMPER

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Defense wrecked em tonight. Good poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Defense wrecked em tonight. Good poo poo.

:hfive:

Chilichimp posted:

I'm gonna need you to buck the gently caress up, CAMPER

Nitpicky for sure but man...gotta get off the field on 3rd and long!

The best part is...now we can sit back and watch as one of our South brethren go home tomorrow :smug:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Gonna light a candle at church tomorrow for the health of Matt Bryant's leg.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man the fuckin Falcons

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys... did we lose a superbowl last year? I only ask because CHRIS COLLINSWORTH COULDN'T GET THROUGH A SINGLE loving SERIES WITHOUT BRINGING IT UP!!!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Hey guys... did we lose a superbowl last year? I only ask because CHRIS COLLINSWORTH COULDN'T GET THROUGH A SINGLE loving SERIES WITHOUT BRINGING IT UP!!!

it's only going to get worse hth

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Alaois posted:

man the fuckin Falcons

Reeeeally positive game script for the Falcons. Gifted a tiny lead when their offense did nothing, so they could lean on their rushing which is their only real strength, and use the clock to push the Rams one dimensional on offense (so that we all ignore that ATL got absolutely gashed by the run game, because it didn't matter).

Basically allowed them to cover up all their flaws and put a QB who needs his coach to walk him through progressions over his headset into a hurry up. This was always going to be how the Rams lost in the playoffs; just had to see which team was going to get them in that situation.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Obviously would've rather played the Eagles, but at least now we play in a fixed roof stadium instead of the snow if we win tomorrow.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Reeeeally positive game script for the Falcons. Gifted a tiny lead when their offense did nothing, so they could lean on their rushing which is their only real strength, and use the clock to push the Rams one dimensional on offense (so that we all ignore that ATL got absolutely gashed by the run game, because it didn't matter).

Basically allowed them to cover up all their flaws and put a QB who needs his coach to walk him through progressions over his headset into a hurry up. This was always going to be how the Rams lost in the playoffs; just had to see which team was going to get them in that situation.

lol I love it

You are such a salty bitch never change :allears:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Chilichimp posted:

It's fine. Let's talk about the time the Falcons lost to the Giants in the first round when they could only score a safety.

Or Matt Ryan throwing a pick six to GB to close out the first half in 2008 and then all the fans left and went home and didn't come back for the 3rd Quarter.

When I'm driving home after a bad day, this is where my mind goes. Not even to the Superbowl. I cut deep into the back catalogue B-side failures.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

MJBuddy posted:

yes gashed by the run game... they had like 2 nice runs all night.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Man I seriously hope Carolina wins tomorrow lol MJBitchy is going to have a Lloyd Christmas level melt down

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MJBuddy posted:

It's fine. Let's talk about the time the Falcons lost to the Giants in the first round when they could only score a safety.

Or Matt Ryan throwing a pick six to GB to close out the first half in 2008 and then all the fans left and went home and didn't come back for the 3rd Quarter.

When I'm driving home after a bad day, this is where my mind goes. Not even to the Superbowl. I cut deep into the back catalogue B-side failures.

What about when the niners came back in the 4th quarter to beat Atlanta in the NFC championship with a Bowman pick 6?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Flikken posted:

What about when the niners came back in the 4th quarter to beat Atlanta in the NFC championship with a Bowman pick 6?

That didn't happen lol, you got your games mixed up. Bowman got away with a hold in the NFCCG, he didn't get a pick 6.

Also why is a Browns fan razzing us? Go away, the adults are talking.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

MJBuddy posted:

Your team was a laughing stock for decades

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

sponges posted:

well 28-3 was only last year, give it time to grow and fester!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sponges posted:

And then got a HoF quarterback and won the Super Bowl, and also won the division this year.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

sexy tiger boobs posted:

yes gashed by the run game... they had like 2 nice runs all night.

Yeah man, that's my point. They averaged 7 yards a carry, but never could lean into volume because they were behind and almost immediately were down two scores with Atlanta having no trouble chewing clock in the 2nd half.

Flikken posted:

Look man I don't want to talk about the 49ers in the playoffs for...reasons (but that poo poo that game was awesome tho)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

lol, why are you so loving salty tonight?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

sponges posted:

And I cheered for them, and against the Falcons.

Difference is the Falcons are still a laughing stock.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

And then got a HoF quarterback and won the Super Bowl, and also won the division this year.

Operating a bounty on opposing players certainly helped.

Your scumfuck coach shoulda been kicked outta the league for life

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

Yeah man, that's my point. They averaged 7 yards a carry, but never could lean into volume because they were behind and almost immediately were down two scores with Atlanta having no trouble chewing clock in the 2nd half.

lol, shut the gently caress up, our lead was never big. They could have run the ball all night if they wanted to, it wasn't working so they stopped.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Because he is a bitch and like many Saint fans find more comfort in trashing the Falcons than backing anything their team does. He is pissed because THE TEAM HE HATES SO MUCH RARGH just won. How sad.

28-3!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

And I cheered for them, and against the Falcons.

Difference is the Falcons are still a laughing stock.

That means a lot coming from a guy who roots for a team who's games are lit by the trashfire that is their sideline because the goddamn electricity in their dome doesn't work.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sponges posted:

You’re very mad about the Saints having a ring and the Falcons not having a ring. Maybe if you were this animated at actual games they wouldn’t have to pump in crowd noise.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I'm in my happy place.

But seriously my first post wasn't even shitposting. It's exactly how the game went down. What did I say that's false? It was a solid strategy that starting working well in the 3rd quarter, and I think the Rams got outcoached in the second half because they couldn't control the tempo of the game like they have been all season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

i could talk about how your offensive coordinator is an alcoholic, would that be better

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

I'm in my happy place.

But seriously my first post wasn't even shitposting. It's exactly how the game went down. What did I say that's false? It was a solid strategy that starting working well in the 3rd quarter, and I think the Rams got outcoached in the second half because they couldn't control the tempo of the game like they have been all season.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You’re very mad about the Saints having a ring and the Falcons not having a ring. Maybe if you were this animated at actual games they wouldn’t have to pump in crowd noise.

I am not a fan of the Atlanta Falcons but the Saints fans in this thread are so pissy and your SB is fraudulent

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

i could talk about how your offensive coordinator is an alcoholic, would that be better

you have to go deeper because we also make fun of our alcoholic oc

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Because he is a bitch and like many Saint fans find more comfort in trashing the Falcons than backing anything their team does. He is pissed because THE TEAM HE HATES SO MUCH RARGH just won. How sad.

28-3!

He will probably be backing his team tomorrow when hey represent the NFC South as champions of division.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If your team wins a playoff game but it's too late/cold to go out and celebrate with a drink, does it even count?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sponges posted:

Fake news, no proof, kiss the ring

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

That didn't happen lol, you got your games mixed up. Bowman got away with a hold in the NFCCG, he didn't get a pick 6.

Also why is a Browns fan razzing us? Go away, the adults are talking.

-28-3

-. I mixed up falcons niners games from that year, the pick 6 was in week 16.

-I'm sorry it's a sore subject, honestly you are on my "acceptable teams to win a super bowl" list this year

Taylor Gabriel and Alex Mack deserve rings.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

lol, yes, trash talk the man who's most directly responsible for the regression of an historic offense.

That will of course cut me deep.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

sponges posted:

Sure loving did. Kiss the ring.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sponges posted:

I am not a fan of the Atlanta Falcons but the Saints fans in this thread are so pissy and your SB is fraudulent

Hrm, I just checked the webpage and it’s still listed. Have you notified the NFL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Like... when I come in this thread and trash talk Shula, it's mostly to high give the Panthers bros.

• Locked thread