Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He will probably be backing his team tomorrow when hey represent the NFC South as champions of division.

That the NFL had to gift wrap for your with poo poo calls because you whined so much after losing in Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

-28-3

-. I mixed up falcons niners games from that year, the pick 6 was in week 16.

-I'm sorry it's a sore subject, honestly you are on my "acceptable teams to win a super bowl" list this year

Taylor Gabriel and Alex Mack deserve rings.

Yeah the bowman pick six was the last game in candlestick in 2013 when the Falcons were FIRMLY in their slide to obscurity.

Shout out to whoever that center was who's name I'm blessed to not currently remember.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Like... when I come in this thread and trash talk Shula, it's mostly to high give the Panthers bros.

at least Sark has an excuse, Shula just has poo brain

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Yeah that's the fat piece of poo poo who has a 4-2 record against the Falcons and two more rings than they have. Did I miss the point?

E: poo poo he was probably fired before the 4th win.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

That the NFL had to gift wrap for your with poo poo calls because you whined so much after losing in Atlanta.

Lol, I’m trying to be happy for the Falcons fans in this thread because y’all are generally alright, but y’all make it really hard by alternately crowing about one thing and then whining about another.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

at least Sark has an excuse, Shula just has poo brain

:lol:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

Yeah that's the fat piece of poo poo who has a 4-2 record against the Falcons and two more rings than they have. Did I miss the point?

E: poo poo he was probably fired before the 4th win.

You had the good fortune of the Falcons being ~trash~ during his tenure. If I recall correctly... didn't the Falcons manage to snap Drew's touchdown streak in that stretch? nevermind that was 2012.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lol, I’m trying to be happy for the Falcons fans in this thread because y’all are generally alright, but y’all make it really hard by alternately crowing about one thing and then whining about another.

Come on, son, ya'll started this poo poo tonight.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
sarkeesian's text tone is dilly dilly

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

MJBuddy posted:

Sure loving did. Kiss the ring.

Your team cheated in the most loathesome scandal in NFL history and you’re gloating about it.

For shame Saints fans

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tomorrow the panthers will lose

there is no end to the shula nightmare

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

sarkeesian's text tone is dilly dilly

ugh

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Can we not just appreciate that this weekend is most likely gonna end in complete southern* dominance?

*I mean strictly in terms of football, not, y'know... the other stuff.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

tomorrow the panthers will lose

there is no end to the shula nightmare

We might lose. Divisional games are weird.

I’d be bummed, but not too badly. We were supposed to be looking for a new coach at the end of this year and instead we won 11 games, won the division, and had an excellent draft. It’s been a good year.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

We might lose. Divisional games are weird.

I’d be bummed, but not too badly. We were supposed to be looking for a new coach at the end of this year and instead we won 11 games, won the division, and had an excellent draft. It’s been a good year.

This is the most pessimistic I've entered a season since like 2008, so I'm real pleased.

E: Firing all the assistants looks like it was a pretty good decision. I know it was mostly Sean trying to protect himself and buy himself another year, but obviously worked a bit. Or it didn't. We had a great defense in 2013 and the same personnel fell to absolute poo poo a year later so maybe that'll happen again.

sponges posted:

Your team cheated in the most loathesome scandal in NFL history and you’re gloating about it.

For shame Saints fans

Charges didn't stick. Can't prove poo poo.

Chilichimp posted:

You had the good fortune of the Falcons being ~trash~ during his tenure. If I recall correctly... didn't the Falcons manage to snap Drew's touchdown streak in that stretch? nevermind that was 2012.

So it happened to not be the three years in the last two decades your team was good enough to get your rear end stomped in the playoffs?

Chilichimp posted:

Come on, son, ya'll started this poo poo tonight.

"Good game by the Falcons tonight. Things broke really well for them and they were able to get over a better team by outcoaching them in the 2nd half and exploiting their weaknesses"

"LOOK AT THIS SALTY BITCH"

gently caress off with that poo poo. (I thought your trash fire joke was funny)

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 7, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

:words:

"LOOK AT THIS SALTY BITCH"

gently caress off with that poo poo. (I thought your trash fire joke was funny)

:respek:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im up in this thread like

https://twitter.com/D_Sims37/status/949668858692071424

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

I think that poo poo is still costing us hosting Superbowls. Guess they'll have to settle for more WRESTLEMANIAS.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

MJBuddy posted:

Charges didn't stick. Can't prove poo poo.

Your overrated coach got suspended for a year and spent his time off coaching some sixth graders. Sean Payton also has the distinction of being the only NFL coach suspended for any reason.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sponges posted:

Your overrated coach got suspended for a year and spent his time off coaching some sixth graders. Sean Payton also has the distinction of being the only NFL coach suspended for any reason.

He also has the distinction of being a Super Bowl winning head coach. It’s not quite a group of one, but it’s pretty select!

Also, fun fact about that year, the Falcons went unbeaten for 9 straight games before losing to the head coachless Saints.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 7, 2018

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

sponges posted:

Its true, the NFL unfairly targeted the saints with a bunch of trumped up nonsense to sabotage a season

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He also has the distinction of being a Super Bowl winning head coach.

...by cheating.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sponges posted:

...by cheating.

Never proven. Goodell sucks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sponges posted:

...by cheating.

So you’re saying he’s in even more rare company, that of Bill Belichick? I don’t think Payton is that good, but if you say so.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

So you’re saying he’s in even more rare company, that of Bill Belichick? I don’t think Payton is that good, but if you say so.

Do you think deflating some footballs and recording an opposing teams practices is akin to intentially injuring opposing players?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

sponges posted:

Do you think deflating some footballs and recording an opposing teams practices is akin to intentially injuring opposing players?

The rear end in a top hat that ran that program is still working :smith:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sponges posted:

I think intentionally injuring opposing players is something that has been around for about as long as football has existed.

There is also an in game remedy for it, the personal foul, which curiously the Saints did not get an unduly high percentage of that year.

Also, Brett Favre was a drug addicted sexual predator and deserved what he got.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think intentionally opposing players is something that has been around for about as long as football has existed.

There is also an in game remedy for it, the personal foul, which curiously the Saints did not get an unduly high percentage of that year.

Also, Brett Favre was a drug addicted sexual predator and deserved what he got.

It’s generally not encouraged and financially rewarded but if you want to delude yourself into thinking your SB wasn’t fraudlant no one can stop you.

But the rest of us know the truth

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sponges posted:

It’s generally not encouraged and financially rewarded but if you want to delude yourself into thinking your SB wasn’t fraudlant no one can stop you.

But the rest of us know the truth

Actually I watched them win the super bowl with a bunch of friends, so I’ve got witnesses who can attest that it actually happened, and was extremely cool.

I also still see it listed on the NFL page, so I guess it counts!

Also, do you REALLY think that for the vast majority of football history including, very likely this very day, it hasn’t been encouraged to try and knock opposing players out of the game?

You think Dan Quinn is out there like “now if you get a chance to hit Goff you’d best go easy on him, just give him a tap, no rough stuff bub!”

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
God this thread turned so fast. You Saints fans who immediatley have to poo poo on the Falcons bringing up poo poo from years ago because they won are just sad and pathetic. Get a life. Like lol. Imagine identifying yourself more with the hatred of another franchise over the fandom of your own. loving lol.

Go buy some more billboards, banners to fly behind planes, organize more drumlines and make more unoriginal jokes about a game you watched from home. As I said...Saints are full of class!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Also Go Panthers!

(most of you Saints goons Im good with and I enjoy your posting but some of this poo poo is like fresh off team forums)

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
while i root for the saints and hope they win a superbowl and find 28-3 really funny the problem with it is that it brings joy to patriots fans and tbh i can't be a part of that, sorry and also really every team should be able to experience the simple pleasures of watching their team win a title imo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

God this thread turned so fast. You Saints fans who immediatley have to poo poo on the Falcons bringing up poo poo from years ago because they won are just sad and pathetic. Get a life. Like lol. Imagine identifying yourself more with the hatred of another franchise over the fandom of your own. loving lol.

Go buy some more billboards, banners to fly behind planes, organize more drumlines and make more unoriginal jokes about a game you watched from home. As I said...Saints are full of class!

It mostly started cause some random dude said some poo poo about the Saints being terrible for decades in a thread that was otherwise about the Falcons game, so blame that guy maybe?

Also, it’s just a game man. None of us are out there playing. Ribbing your rivals is a way to up the stakes and make the fan experience more fun for some
people. Why should a sport where we watch kids give each other brain damage fighting over a ball be classy? It’s not the PGA.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Also, man, asking New Orleanians to not poke fun at something is a fools errand. I went to the Marigny for Halloween like two months after Katrina and half the costumes ranged from mildly to incredibly insensitive Katrina related jokes.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It mostly started cause some random dude said some poo poo about the Saints being terrible for decades in a thread that was otherwise about the Falcons game, so blame that guy maybe?

Also, it’s just a game man. None of us are out there playing. Ribbing your rivals is a way to up the stakes and make the fan experience more fun for some
people. Why should a sport where we watch kids give each other brain damage fighting over a ball be classy? It’s not the PGA.

I dont mind ribbing. A lot of what was said was like straight out of high school levels of troll attempts and personal digs that just sound forced and weak that leave the other person feeling like uhhhhh...o...k...?

Whatever, game is over, Falcons advance, Saints or Panthers go home tomorrow, for another week life is good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress all yall panthers gonna run the table bitches.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Woke up to find we've one and this thread has gone weirdly toxic.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Serotonin posted:

Woke up to find we've one and this thread has gone weirdly toxic.

does anything define the NFC South better than barely disguised hostility

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Alaois posted:

does anything define the NFC South better than barely disguised hostility

Good point.
Im a newbie so forgive me, I lose the historical context at times.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sponges posted:

For shame Saints fans

Kiss the ring.

Also 82 posts in this thread when I woke up, geez dudes its like Saints bros shittalking ATL was never a thing until yesterday and people are getting mad. Ya'll just upset a team in the playoffs, be happy. We're gonna always say ATL sucks until they blow up the superdome and move the team even if the Falcons had a dozen rings we'd still do it, it's just how it goes. Personally I like the posters in here though and I think most people recognize the jabs are all part of the fun, just as fun to get good ones in return (I'm a personal fan of the Sean Payton vicodin jokes). For me I like to talk poo poo until we hit 7-9 then just disappear like Yoda until next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
God, I love this thread. :D

Well, so much for the argument about 3rd/4th seed and trying to angle to play Philly instead of Minnesota. Now I believe Atlanta has a very real shot at making the NFCCG.

It's going to be wild today. Go Saints!

• Locked thread