Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
The second you get a 7 Star character, you could start getting Raid Han or possibly GK shards. At 65 you can start tickling Territory Battles to get some rewards there. I would join a goon guild as close to 65 as you can after getting someone to 7. Before then you’re better off in a lowbie guild doing easy Rancors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, spots open up in QGJ all the time, and we take people at pretty much all levels. But you should wait until you can do high level raids. Not for us or anything, we don't care if a few people can't contribute. But so you can get our sweet sweet rewards. When you're there, hit us up again.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks, i put a zeta on IBAT! Like number crunch, it doesn't seem obviously useful but i will trust you know what you are talking about!

Raid Han is at G10 now, getting to G11 looks really painful with 2 stun guns, 2 yellow things and 2 other big components. At least he will be 7* in 2 Rancors.

My current arena team is CLS, Leia, Thrawn, R2 and Ezra. Ezra worked a lot better than Old Ben. Should i swap Ezra out for Raid Han once i get him to 7*? Or should i take Leia out instead. Occationally she does jack but she also has a tendency to outright erase enemy heroes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks, i put a zeta on IBAT! Like number crunch, it doesn't seem obviously useful but i will trust you know what you are talking about!

Raid Han is at G10 now, getting to G11 looks really painful with 2 stun guns, 2 yellow things and 2 other big components. At least he will be 7* in 2 Rancors.

My current arena team is CLS, Leia, Thrawn, R2 and Ezra. Ezra worked a lot better than Old Ben. Should i swap Ezra out for Raid Han once i get him to 7*? Or should i take Leia out instead. Occationally she does jack but she also has a tendency to outright erase enemy heroes.

Either or. Try both and get a feel for what you prefer. Eventually you’ll replace the other one with GK.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Sneeing Emu posted:

Just hit lvl 22, so I added my name to the goon guild spreadsheet. Do I just need to wait for an invite now? I don't really have a preference on which guild.

Nobody told you to get in discord yet, so I will.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So what's the how's it work with the HAAT raids? 24 HR hold?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Canemacar posted:

So what's the how's it work with the HAAT raids? 24 HR hold?

First 3 stages are a free for all, though try not to waste squads on the first stage. If we get to stage 4 before 24 hours, wait until that 24 hour mark to continue on to stage 4.

edit: I should say this is for QGJ. I don’t know how the other guilds do it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
SM went through at least 4 different iterations of HAAT raid rules as we got better at it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yay, I'm one of the 5 goons in QGJ whose name is listed as beating the CLS TB challenge.

I helped. :downs:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Yay, I'm one of the 5 goons in QGJ whose name is listed as beating the CLS TB challenge.

I helped. :downs:

Same. :hfive:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to follow instructions, but when I see the raid at 1.5 bars left, I will do my battles in it. I've missed too many times

I purged my friends list of almost everyone as most of them had not logged in for weeks if months or even years, so I need more, active allies.
958-318-655

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Normally I don't ally with anyone using a Hera lead but you're in Goonlance so I'll make an exception

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I don't ally with anyone except goons. I don't have time for some scrub rear end DN lead. :kamina:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Defiance Industries posted:

Normally I don't ally with anyone using a Hera lead but you're in Goonlance so I'll make an exception

She's just my strongest character. Honestly!

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
So I stopped playing before clans and starships were a thing. Worth it to join a goon squad and start playing? It was so drat grindy then.

Here's the top page.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 7, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

So I stopped playing before clans and starships were a thing. Worth it to join a goon squad and start playing? It was so drat grindy then.

Here's the top page.

Definitely worth it to just start over so you aren't ages behind on your arena shard.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Definitely worth it to just start over so you aren't ages behind on your arena shard.

Wow really? I'm that far behind? That would take months to be where I am now...

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Munkaboo posted:

You should read the OP, but I can summarize it for you: you're level 71. That should take maybe 2 months to get there if you play on a daily basis. If you aren't willing to start over don't bother playing, because you won't catch up to anyone on your shard.

EDIT: it's also still really grindy, except they've added a whole bunch more stuff to grind.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Munkaboo posted:

It's really just a question of how far behind you're willing to be in both arenas. If you can handle not being competitive in the upper brackets and getting all those arena creds, then you don't -have- to blow up your account. It'd just be the optimal thing to do for the long term.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm probably considered far behind in my arena and I don't really care, I earn my credits and hover around the 300-400 range.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

SilverMike posted:

It's really just a question of how far behind you're willing to be in both arenas. If you can handle not being competitive in the upper brackets and getting all those arena creds, then you don't -have- to blow up your account. It'd just be the optimal thing to do for the long term.

Yeah I don't really care about competing in the meta. I guess I'll see how much I play over the next week

Edit: Screw it, I'll restart. I got wrecked in my first arena match and I was like rank 2,000

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 8, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

Nothing you have now is worth a drat in the current meta field is the problem.

I can tell you played pretty close after launch because you've got sidious and Geo Soldier, but these toons aren't worth much these days.

You can continue on with your old account, obviously, but arena shards are static so the people who rolled up with you ~2 years ago are all maxed out, shitloads of mods, and have great, exclusive toons. You'll be on the outside looking in of your shard for probably a year or more, making next to no crystal income.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Well restarted and got Lando with my first and only chromium pack. Guess that's a sign.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Munkaboo posted:

Well restarted and got Lando with my first and only chromium pack. Guess that's a sign.

Beeline to Wiggs and start wrecking poo poo.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I am really sick of farming FO Stormtrooper. I hate this MF more than any character in the game at this point.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Wiggs is good but I got a ton of mileage out of Lando, he counts as a scoundrel for credit heist too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I want to follow instructions, but when I see the raid at 1.5 bars left, I will do my battles in it. I've missed too many times

I purged my friends list of almost everyone as most of them had not logged in for weeks if months or even years, so I need more, active allies.
958-318-655

Invite sent.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

Wiggs is good but I got a ton of mileage out of Lando, he counts as a scoundrel for credit heist too.

I think OP was saying that, with Lando, getting Wiggs as well will make a kick rear end team. At least, I’m assuming that’s what they meant. Because it will.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I think OP was saying that, with Lando, getting Wiggs as well will make a kick rear end team. At least, I’m assuming that’s what they meant. Because it will.

Oh duh, I missed that. But yeah Wiggs and Lando will really power you through the beginning.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Canemacar posted:

I am really sick of farming FO Stormtrooper. I hate this MF more than any character in the game at this point.

This is the truth...he was one of the speed-bumps that stopped me from going full whale for BB8/JT Rey, so I can at least thank him for that though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea. At least FO is slow, but you know how long its going to take you. I've had days in a row i don't get a single shard for FO ST.

If choosing Wampa over Hermit Yoda is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Canemacar posted:

Really? That was a surprisingly quick farm. I barely had shards of him the first time BB8 rolled around and i had FOST at 7* well before BB8 appeared the second time.

I did refresh daily attempts when the FO nodes were 2x drop both times though.

My nemesis hard farm is Baze. Since i got FOST at 7* i started using Baze for my daily 5 hards and i have gotten only 20 shards for him since then, in what 150 or so hard battles?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

I guess the guild thread is dead but I added my name to it: 654-198-269

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Munkaboo posted:

Hop in discord my man

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

fishtobaskets posted:

Hop in discord my man

I don't see a link in the main page.

edit: Found it in the spreadsheet sorry.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 8, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

Munkaboo posted:

That's a loving great first pull, added you

I'm putting wedge and darth maul in for my leaders so newbs can AoE 3* low-end content.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 8, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

That's a loving great first pull, added you

I'm putting wedge and darth maul in for my leaders so newbs can AoE 3* low-end content.

With maul you don’t want him to AoE you just want him to single target and get free turns and kill everything single target.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

You can't really start farming Wedge until level 60+, but Biggs and Lando are both attainable well before that. However, at this point, I'd lean towards farming Phoenix before Wiggs.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Got some bad news and have to deal with a family health issue (seems to be going around). Boot me from QJG if you need space but I probably won't be able to focus on the game for a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

Got some bad news and have to deal with a family health issue (seems to be going around). Boot me from QJG if you need space but I probably won't be able to focus on the game for a little bit.

I posted this in the discord leave channel so QGJ's mod is aware.