Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm so happy I drew Terra USB/BSB on the current banner. She is such a standout mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I wish I had good terra relics

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

djfooboo posted:

I'm so happy I drew Terra USB/BSB on the current banner. She is such a standout mage.

i've been sitting on her usb for a while, i got her BSB on this banner too and I'm stoked. it was really cruel of DENA to put this right before the onion knight banner!

and, gently caress, there's a dungeon update coming too. lucky banners! gently caress!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Honestly if you've been playing awhile Lucky Draws are absolutely skippable now, most of them are full of garbage. Ask yourself if you'd pay 50 mythril for a guaranteed 2/11 on a banner that was like 70% outdated SSBs.

There are a few realms I'd still pull on if I really needed synergy / the relic pool was relatively shallow (like XV or Type-0) but most of them are bloated as hell by this point. I can't remember the last time I was really excited by my lucky draw results.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

There are a few realms I'd still pull on if I really needed synergy / the relic pool was relatively shallow (like XV or Type-0) but most of them are bloated as hell by this point. I can't remember the last time I was really excited by my lucky draw results.

The only exception to this are the highly curated luckies, like the recent 6* or medica luckies (where a third of the relics were USBs). I agree realm luckies are mostly a trap option.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I finally scrounged up my first legit mage team, and got sub 30 on Bismarck! :woop: Golem is the last one I need now.

Onion Knight: BSB > Wrath > Entrust Shantotto > Hydra > Wrath > Entrust Garnet
Garnet: USB > Valigarmanda spam > USB when available
Shantotto: RW Wall > Chain Thundaga x2 > USB > Sudden Thunder spam
Rosa: Shellga > Wrath x2 > USB > repeat
Desch: Mana's Paean > Wrath x2-3 > BSB > CMD2 > CMD1 spam

Magicite: Hydra
RW: Fabula Guardian

Boostgas: +30% ATK/MAG (Onion Knight BSB) | +30% MAG/MND (Garnet USB) | +15% MAG (Mana's Paean)

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216102799

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The monthly luckies for me have always been partially about scratching an itch so I don't do any stupid pulls, but now that I have pretty decent realm synergy in everything and the big SSB pool I might just start skipping them.

I'm considering this one just for XI synergy and a slim chamce at Aphmau USB, Ramza LMR, Rikku USB and Marche USB. Also looking at the opening of the Type-0 and XV realms too since I'm currently weak in those, but it's still 3/4 months off.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh hey nightmare dungeons costs are halved i should probably clear some of those ouzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Cowcaster posted:

oh hey nightmare dungeons costs are halved i should probably clear some of those ouzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Everything's reduced from 1 stamina down to 1.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

After racking my brain for way longer than I should have, I finally figured out how to sub-30 golem: literally just entrust bots and a wind OSB.

I had to legend dive Shelke and Fujin to make it work, but I'd say it was worth it.

Fenrir is the only one I have left to sub-30.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Curious what you guys did for rebirth Ultima Weapon.

I can't seem to crank out enough damage to beat his timer. I've tried to go full offensive but he just straight up nukes me to death with bolt ball, so I have to break him, which means I'm bringing characters that aren't as great offensively.

I don't have magicites yet or anything like that either.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

People have done a lot of statistics on the daily orb dungeons, but has anyone done calculations on the sunday Orb Meadows + stage and how it compares? I would assume better major orb rate with the tradeoff of not getting to pick the element, but I'm not sure if I just got lucky last week.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I probably shouldn't even bother with those half off nightmare dungeons without at least a max level party, right?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Combo posted:

Curious what you guys did for rebirth Ultima Weapon.

I can't seem to crank out enough damage to beat his timer. I've tried to go full offensive but he just straight up nukes me to death with bolt ball, so I have to break him, which means I'm bringing characters that aren't as great offensively.

I don't have magicites yet or anything like that either.

What does your party look like? If racing him is not an option you could try mblinking his nuke or using last stand to just ignore it. It doesn't look like he has a lot of physical attacks and some magic attacks ignore res so you could try dropping protectga or even wall for more offensive power but how well it will work depends on the team composition.

For damage since it's an ominresistant boss powerful NE damage wielders will do great against it:
-Thieves with Mug Bloodlust and Thief's Revenge
-Monks with Lifebane (and Meteor Crush if the buff is needed)
-Combat / Celerity users with Powerchain & Fullcharge or Barrage / Omega Drive / Dervish
-Spellblades with Flare Strike especially if you've dived someone for dualcast spellblades
-Casters with Flare / Neo Bahamut

With elemental Soul Breaks and Burst commands make sure they have a non elemental component in the description (ie ...deals Fire and non-elemental damage...) so they will use the NE component and not have their damage reduced by 50% from his omniresist. Imperil strategies won't work against him. Abilities that deal elemental damage are pretty much useless so equip everyone with wraths and lifesiphons if there aren't better options.

But yeah it depends on what you have available. I'm pretty sure I threw a Vaan at him myself because his BSB breaks MAG/DEF and then he can do the thief MB/TR thing taking away the enemy's damage while increasing the party's damage and being a top DPS while doing it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Avalerion posted:

I probably shouldn't even bother with those half off nightmare dungeons without at least a max level party, right?

Most of the nightmare dungeons were released before you could break the level 80 cap, and when a lot of characters were still stuck at 65. So no, you definitely don't need a max level party.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

And the 1-stamina endcap bosses are more puzzle aspects. I've had to hone abilities for them but a lot of the time I've gotten through with under level folks.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The most retarded one is the one with Evare or whatever it was called, one of the white magic ones.
What a shitload of gently caress

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Shoenin posted:

The most retarded one is the one with Evare or whatever it was called, one of the white magic ones.
What a shitload of gently caress

Thankfully with the deluge of white mage attack BSBs and Holy being actually usable now its a lot less unpleasant.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

fridge corn posted:

I wish I had good terra relics

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The whole slew of new SB's, namely the shitload of buffing SB's mostly Trivialize or at least relieve a lot of the pain. Rikku's Mighty Guard is a middle finger to pretty much all of em.

But then you got ones like Tonberry King which are loving spongey drags for no reason. There's also ones that got a lot of people honewise like the Summon ones. fortunately since im a Rydiafag I was well prepared for those.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 7, 2018

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
All right, let's take a look at the second FF6 banner hitting later tonight. The first banner featuring Terra was reviewed by NZT here.

Sabin USB, Avenger
- 10xST Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, Enfire, self ATK/RES +30%, Quickcast 1 and Phoenix Fist

Sabin starts off the banner with his USB, which is very good. When using Fire skills, Phoenix Fist will trigger a chase that hits 3 to 6 times, depending on Sabin's attack. The required Atk numbers are very similar to Lifebane, so having about 1050 ATK after all buffs will guarantee a 6-hit chase after every fire skill. And since the entry comes with a +30 ATK/RES buff, hitting that ATK threshold shouldn't be too hard with good gear. Give Sabin Fires Within, and he'll do great fire damage. Verdict: Simple, excellent.

Strago OSB, Strago's Guise
- 1xST Overflow Water/Earth magic dmg, higher multiplier when Weak/Imperiled
- +Water% Armor

I will reiterate my general dislike of OSB relics in general, but... This one is fine. Magical water and earth can both be a bit hard to get, and the damage increase is easy to trigger. If you also get Strago's BSB, this'll do a fine job hitting for high damage. But arguably the more important thing is that the armor itself offers a +Water damage increase, which is relatively hard to get. So even if you might not use Strago himself for much, the armor is still very valuable. Verdict: OK, but the relic might be better than the SB on it.

Locke CSB, Zwill Crossblade
- 11xST Fire physical dmg, enemy DEF/RES -50%, activate Fire Chain

Though the Chainfest might be fresh in everyone's memory, this is worth repeating: Chains are goddamn amazing at enabling elemental teams, and every single one is a top tier relic. A quick tl;dr is that a Fire Chain is a short period of time with increased fire damage, where every additional fire hit further increases the buff. Locke himself has access to fire Sharphooter skills to build his own chain, and will in the future have access to fire Thief skills too. The only bad thing about this relic is that the -50% DEF/RES is probably one of the worst additional chain effects. This is simply because it's almost entirely useless in Magicite content, where chains are at their best. But even then, this easily the best item on the banner. Verdict: Chains are still amazing.

Strago BSB, Strago's Cloak
- 7xAoE Water/Wind/Earth magic dmg, EnWater, Burst Mode
- +Water% Armor

Strago's burst is a surprisingly strong one. It covers three fairly rare elements, while boosting Strago with EnWater. Since he has access to Chain Waterga and Ogopogo, this will always be valuable for buffing those skills. But the commands themselves are relatively interesting too. The first one offers a 4-hit Water/Earth attack that applies Magic Blink 1 to one ally, making it decent mitigation. The second command is a Res-piercing 2-hit Water/Wind attack. Although it'll forever be stuck at a 20k damage cap, you can pretty easily guarantee that you're getting damage done, no matter what the enemy is. And finally, as with his OSB, this is another valuable +Water% boosting armor! Verdict: Good.

Sabin BSB, Godhand
- 7 to 10xST Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, no. of hits scales with ATK, EnFire, Burst Mode

First real dud of the banner, Sabin BSB is just considerable worse than his USB. It has a gimmick where the entry increases in damage based on Sabin's attack, but you need a massive 1700 attack to cap it. The first command does provide a stacking +ATK/DEF buff based on uses, but it does pretty low damage. (Fires Within is over twice as strong!) Meanwhile the second command is just a very unremarkable 2-hit AoE attack. This is still a fine relic when you're new and can't afford honing 5* skills yet, but as soon as you get Fires Within going, this is just a glorified EnFire entry. Verdict: Unimpressive source of EnFire.

Relm BSB, Magical Brush
- 3xAoE Holy/Non-ele white magic dmg, Medica(h55), party Last Stand, Burst Mode

Back to good relics, Relm shows up with her healing burst. The commands are an Instant Single Target heal, and an AoE heal, with no other extras. But the entry is what makes this a good medica to have. Combining Last Stand (survive killing blow at 1 health once) with an otherwise normal healer burst is very nice, as you get access to both proactive defense, and sustained healing. Verdict: Good

Umaro BSB, Bone Club
- 7xAoE Ice/Non-ele physical dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode

Much like Umaro himself, this BSB is a strange beast. Although it comes with damage and an EnIce, it's not really an attacking burst. The main draw of the burst is the first command, which heals a party member by 40% of their max health, and gives them a single instant action. So ideally you probably want to use this burst just to supercharge someone with a steady stream of instant actions. Question is if it's worth it to basically bench one party slot just for that? Meanwhile the second command is a very unremarkable 3-hit attack with an attached +ATK/-RES buff. Verdict: Pontetially strong, if you can find a use for it.

Strago LMR, Faith Rod
- 25% chance to dualcast Water skills

Dualcast Legend Materia are strong, and Strago has plenty of solid targets for this one. You get either single target damage with Chain Waterga, AoE with Ogogpogo, or utility with his BSB commands. Verdict: Great.

Relm LMR, Relm's Hat
- 25% chance of adding Magic Blink 1 when using single target white magic healing skills

This one is ok, if a little situational. It's probably not quite as good as the dualcasts for white mages are, but this can still help mitigate a good chunk of damage in a magic heavy fight. It also slightly helps that Relm's normal dive is pretty horrendous, so this might give you an actually relevant Legend Materia for her. Verdict: Good.

Sabin LMR, Vishnu's Vest
- Increase ATK by +2% for each Monk hit, up to +34%

I'm just not a huge fan of these sorts of incremental boosts. They're slow to ramp up, and hitting softcaps for ATK or MAG is currently fairly easy. But if you're still new or just have bad Monk weapons in general, this isn't the worst. Verdict: Meh.

Strago SSB, Whale Whisker
- Party Protect, Shell and RES +100%

Not the worst suite of buffs. Having Proshellga in one SB can be very handy, and +100% RES is a pretty huge chunk of magical defense. Only problem is that using Strago for just this might be a tad awkward, since he's otherwise more focused around offensive casting. But if you can spare him the Mako Might or Dr. Mog's, this a decent Proshellga. Verdict: It's ok.

Umaro SSB, Snow Scarf
- Self DEF -50% / ATK +150%, enter Green Cherry Mode for 3 turns

This relic is terrible, terrible, terrible. You look at that +150% ATK and think that maybe this isn't so bad. But Green Cherry mode ruins everything. During it, Umaro will randomly select attacks from a pool of four weak attacks, ranging from slightly better Attack command, to somewhat decent multi-hit attacks. But losing control over a character, or the ability to use your actually strong skills? Not worth the attack buff, and certainly not worth to bring Umaro for. Verdict: Absolutely garbage.

Overall thoughts: Don't pull on this. We've had a ton of powerful Fest banners recently, a better FF6 banner right before, and Onion Knight looming in the near future. You either shouldn't have the mythril, or shouldn't be spending saved mythril on this. While it does have some great relics like Sabin USB and Locke Chain, the banners overall quality is very uneven. Sabin really only gets that one good item, and rest of Locke's toys are Locked away on the other, much better VI banner. Strago is potentially good, but not really worth chasing after. And Umaro just ranges from weird to terrible. The banner lacks focus, and isn't terribly strong overall.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 7, 2018

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Why is this guy reviewing banners that are a month away? Because we're about to face a problem. A positive problem but a problem nevertheless. There are very few "easy skip" events and some of the upcoming banners are incredibly strong which makes a bit of planning to pay off dividends.

Relic data is (and has been earlier too) ripped from this reddit post by the way so credits to this guy for pulling out the data from Enlir's for us to view. I did check and correct some things since the initial datamines can be wrong but most of the heavy lifting being already done is very nice.

Alternatives:
BraBra
VI-1
VI-2 (Attestant)(Or just scroll up!)
Dungeon Update 40 Lucky Draw (FFX, FFXI, FFT)
OK God Banner
Dressed to the Nines
Type 0 banner 1
Type 0 banner 2
FFI (this thing right here)
FFI-2 (2chainz)
FFXIV (a good banner)
FFXIV-2 (a good banner)
FFT (The Godly Excalibur banner which I reviewed in the old thread but CBA to look up)
FFT-2
FFVIII (another top banner)
FFVIII-2
FFIX (top banner)
FFIX-2 (top banner)
FFV (top banner)
FFV-2
etc

Final Fantasy I banner 1

Rebellion Garland USB: Root of Hatred 10x 71% Dark/Non physical (710%) grants Attach Dark, Darkness Quick Cycle and Chaos Follow-Up to the user (chase Darkness abilities with Chaos (2x 91% Dark/Non physical (182%) with Drain@20%) (Dark Boost)

First thing to note is the 6* +dark sword. For the actual SB we have a quickcycle for darkness school abilities which means that the first ability you cast will not have be quickcasted yet but every time you use Darkness abilities you gain quickcast 1. To compensate we have a two hit chase that drains.

So what good is a drain except lowering the pressure on your healer? Darkness happens to have this thing: Crimson Cross - Four single Dark attacks (1,10 each), damages the user for 25% max HP. So a monstrous multiplier with the drawback being killing yourself in the process. However with the chase after using CC you'll hurt yourself and then heal back up with your chase.

Top tier physical dark relic.

Sage's Staff Sarah USB: Warrior's Song Party ATK/MAG+30%, Shell, Haste, and HP Stock 2000

Drop this on turn 1 and have her bard up more buffs for your party. People seem to love RikkUSB so let's compare. Protectga vs HP Stock 2000. One of those things can come from a 4* ability, the other can't (you can give the bard Protectga clone to Sara and proc the LMR party heal while casting it!). The more important part is what happens after the button is pressed since Rikku becomes a literal dead weight in magicites while Sara can either heal or support with Bard 6.

Top tier party support tool

Power Vest Master USB: Unarmed Champion 10x 72% Non physical (720%) with self ATK/RES+30%, Crit Damage=200%, and chase critical hits with Rush (4x 54% Non physical (216%)) for 15 seconds

Master has an excellent RD+LD so let's see if he gets help from his relics to punch things with Lifebane.

I like the self buff but hi crit and chase that activates only after critting is a problem. Unless we get him to crit this is a SSB. Since Master is a NE damage dealer I don't accept the "Rush" abilities as options. So we'd like to stack this with his BSB or a completely external crit=50% source like Eiko BSB or OK Ninja USB.

Assuming we get the crit fix done this is quite a beating but I'm reducing some points for not being a standalone USB. For example Refia's USB gave hi-crit too but the other component fire quickcycle wasn't reliant on critting.

Excellent.

Earthbreaker Garland OSB: Discord Incarnate 1x 1125/1275% Dark/Non physical (higher multiplier against weakness) (RS Dark Boost)

It's on OSB of the bigger multiplier vs weakness type. It's a good finisher.

Good.

Claymore Garland BSB2: Dark Class Change 8x 83% Dark/Non physical (664%) with self En-Dark (Dark Boost)
~ ~ CM1: Chain Cast 2x 40% Dark/Non physical (80%) with self Circle of Power (up to 3)
~ ~ CM2: Twist Drill 4/5/6/7x 54/89/105/125% Dark/Non physical (216/445/630/875%) (increased hits, multiplier, and critical chance per Circle of Power stack)

This is a Squall BSB2 copy. Using CMD1 makes CMD2 stronger and unlike Kefka's version this is an exact copy with the increased crit chance too. While Squall ramps up the CMD1 stacks faster with his 35% doublecast (and god forbid double casts a full stack CMD2) Garland has no access to double cast so we're relying on his LMR quickcast to speed things along.

So once again we have the darkness school to compete against which is really annoying because the multipliers on that stuff is bonkers. Though "luckily" physical darkness abilities are bit awkward since the self buff doom enabler for Reaping Scythe (4.0 multiplier, 4 hits) often collides with your physical team party buff and the other abilities hurt you. There's Dread Weapon too but the multiplier on that is only 3. So yeah no Dark Zone here to ruin your day (Dark Zone is stupid by the way).

It's kind of weird to say that this is Garland's third best relic but that's how things go sometimes when you have a chain and a strong USB too.

Excellent.

Light Robe Sarah BSB: Age-Old Hymn Party Cura and Magic Blink 1, and self MND/RES+30% (Holy Boost)
~ ~ CM1: Prayer of Purity Instant Curaga and High Regen
~ ~ CM2: Humble Wish Party Cure

The entry has one extra effect when compared to the competition like Porom and Yuna BSB and boy what an extra effect it is. A free party Magic Blink. Excellent commands. This is one of the best healer buff relics in game and the entry buff stacks with her USB. On top of that the relic gives +holy damage as a bonus so you can shove your Orlando in a dress or something.

Top tier healer/buffer relic.

Steel Gloves Master BSB: Show of Courage 10x 78% Non physical (780%) with self Last Stand and Crit=50%
~ ~ CM1: Storm and Strife 4x 40% Non physical (160%), 8x 40% Non physical (320%) with Unbound Fury
~ ~ CM2: Bitter Blow 4x 60% Non physical (240%) with self Unbound Fury (Short Charge and unique DEF/RES-40% for 25 seconds)

Now here's the crit fix BSB and a self guts on top. CMD2 gives him quickcast and after doing it once CMD1 is an eight hit monstrosity. Of course the commands are Monk school so his LD bonuses such as the 35% doublecast get applied here. The reduced defenses is a thing too but it's very worth it to make it work.

Excellent.

Oh and if you assemble the BSB USB combo:

One of the best NE damage dealers in game. Possibly even the best. Super top tier.

Angel Bell Echo BSB2: Echo's Mischief 6x 232% AoE Holy/Non magical (1392%) with Pentabreak-30%
~ ~ CM1: Tight Break 1x 490% Holy/Non magical with ATK-40% for 15 seconds
~ ~ CM2: Magic Letdown 1x 490% Holy/Non magical with MAG-50% for 15 seconds

AoE Pentabreak on a BSB is a good start but the commands are weak. Just use Multibreak and either of the 5* twinbreaks instead, while they would all stack there's not enough time to keep all of these up. Obviously stone useless for break resist fights.

Decent.

Monk Gear Wol BSB: Shinjin Spiral 7x 108% random Non physical (756%) with Full Break-40%
~ ~ CM1: Trick Attack 4x 65% Non physical (260%) with Stun
~ ~ CM2: Break Killer 2x 120% AoE Non physical (240%) with ATK/DEF-20% for 15 seconds

That's not Warrior of Light WoL but that.. other... guy called Wol. Full Break entry, unimpressive. CMD1 is just bad since stun is useless and multiplier is weak. CMD2 is actually decent with a stacking buff and it's an AoE too with a decent multiplier. There's not many reasons to use this but I guess the somewhat functional CMD2 pushes this beyond Acceptable tier.

E: Nathan made a good point on Discord that Echo's break relic is much better than this one so let's make drop this down a bit.

Acceptable for CMs.

Princess Tiara Sarah LMR: Song for Those Who Fight 25% chance to chase Bard abilities with a party Cure (Dark Resist)

Sara has bard6 and makes an excellent buffer/offhealer and this helps her with that.

Excellent.

Captain Costume Echo LMR: Whimsical Gift 25% chance to chase Dancer abilities with a party 30% max HP heal

Unfortunately unlike bards dancers aren't as desirable in the current meta. And unlike Sara Echo isn't good. Still if you're up against content that breaks are usable and you really don't have a better character than Echo it's can do some work. The effect is strong.

That BSB's commands aren't dancer type in case you were wondering.

Good.

Demon's Mail Garland LMR: Frenzied Veteran Fully heal self and gain Shortcharge when hitting critical HP for the first time per battle

25 second quickcast? Sign me up. While it stacks with the USB quickcast the better use is with the BSB2.

Excellent.

Kenpo Gi Master LMR: Moment of Mastery 25% chance to give atk 35% for one turn when using Monk abilities

Master's both own LMs are stronger than this so we'll have to play the "what if I saved motes and didn't dive Master despite having his USB/BSB/SSB" card in which case this is okay. The effect of +35% attack depends on multiple factors but if you're not hitting the damage cap you'll get an effect.

Decent.

Survival Vest Master SSB: Moment of Clarity 8x 97% physical (776%) with self ATK/DEF+35% and Noncharge 2

Not a bad super at all. Stacking self buff and two self instant casts.

Decent.

Maybe I should pull here and finally grab a FFI relic. Hm. Hmmm.

Nah. Never pull.

Neutral Zone Trap fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 7, 2018

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Thanks for all the banner reviews, always helpful.

Finally cleared out the Rebirth dungeons. I’ve been enjoying them as a chance to test out the new toys I’ve picked up over the various fests.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just want to say Relm's Hat and BSB are amazing combos. When I got those learned on Relm she overtook Yshtola as my primary healer on magic heavy bosses.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Bruceski posted:

People have done a lot of statistics on the daily orb dungeons, but has anyone done calculations on the sunday Orb Meadows + stage and how it compares? I would assume better major orb rate with the tradeoff of not getting to pick the element, but I'm not sure if I just got lucky last week.
mersenne asked about it in discord so here's the quote I found on reddit about Orb Meadow+:

quote:

Normal dailies give Greater Orbs from most enemies. Orb Meadow+ gives mostly 3x normal Orbs.
Pots in normal dailies give two Majors; Orb Meadow+ Pots give only one.

Avoid it

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Do Orb Meadowns once for the completion rewards, though. Especially the sunday one for 80 stamina, which rewards a pile of Major Orbs.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

What does your party look like? If racing him is not an option you could try mblinking his nuke or using last stand to just ignore it. It doesn't look like he has a lot of physical attacks and some magic attacks ignore res so you could try dropping protectga or even wall for more offensive power but how well it will work depends on the team composition.

For damage since it's an ominresistant boss powerful NE damage wielders will do great against it:
-Thieves with Mug Bloodlust and Thief's Revenge
-Monks with Lifebane (and Meteor Crush if the buff is needed)
-Combat / Celerity users with Powerchain & Fullcharge or Barrage / Omega Drive / Dervish
-Spellblades with Flare Strike especially if you've dived someone for dualcast spellblades
-Casters with Flare / Neo Bahamut

With elemental Soul Breaks and Burst commands make sure they have a non elemental component in the description (ie ...deals Fire and non-elemental damage...) so they will use the NE component and not have their damage reduced by 50% from his omniresist. Imperil strategies won't work against him. Abilities that deal elemental damage are pretty much useless so equip everyone with wraths and lifesiphons if there aren't better options.

But yeah it depends on what you have available. I'm pretty sure I threw a Vaan at him myself because his BSB breaks MAG/DEF and then he can do the thief MB/TR thing taking away the enemy's damage while increasing the party's damage and being a top DPS while doing it.

Ended up downing it this morning. I went with a magic lightning team and that worked.

Yuna bsb2, marach bsb, Edward usb, shantotto chain, desch ssb(also had bsb but didn't use it).

That worked better than my holy imperil melee team for some reason. Ramza shout, Edward bsb, yshtola bsb, agrias bsb, Orlandu bsb and osb.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When is the next time Magicite dungeons are discounted?

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
This was mentioned last time the FFT torment was around, but Pecil's old BSB was great for taking out the minions on the 300. Cast the BSB for the EnHoly, use Cloud USB RW, use BSB two more times and everyone's dead. Then you still have another Cloud RW ready to go on another party member for the damage race when Belias gets low on health, because he's a big boy with too much HP.

In other news I finally got around to doing the FF1 torment because I've been so sidetracked by spending stamina on all these rad dailies and mote dungeons. I figured they'd make Astos weak because people don't have much FF1 synergy, but gosh he really did melt faster than I expected...

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

bilperkins2 posted:

I got Terra USB and already had her OSB and BSB1, is it an automatic full dive for her, even if I already sub-30 the relevant Magicite?

With Terra USB+OSB all the magicites become relevant though.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
There's a bug with Madeen right now; If you try to mimic it (With the Mime Burst Commands) you use attack instead.

And I wanted to wreck Belias with 3 Madeens a turn, too.

On a side note, how do you report bugs?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Who do I look for to friend for a good water or wind attack so I can get this Oprah house dinosaur cleared? Using a shadow ally doesn't cut it.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

I feel like they deffinately messed up with the mote allocation. I apparently have around 1600 more 3 star dexterity motes than it takes to dive everyone released to date in JP... not if I just had the other mote types you need at the same time...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pro: dollar draw five star

Con:

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Avalerion posted:

Uh, those Nightmare dungeons have been powercreeped to hell and back, so, unless you've been playing for like a week, this is a really good time to try them out. They're a lot more puzzle-centered than actual power checks, and were balanced taking the power level of the game a year ago at the absolute -best- - which, in a lot of cases, means you can straight up bruteforce them rather than playing with the puzzle games in a lot of cases. Most Nightmares can be handled by BSB RWs relevant to the dungeon in hand, to give you an idea. They were intimidating nearly two years ago - not really nowadays.

Parasol Waddle Dee fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 8, 2018

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Washout posted:

Who do I look for to friend for a good water or wind attack so I can get this Oprah house dinosaur cleared? Using a shadow ally doesn't cut it.

Bartz's OSB might work out!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

On Chardanook JSB I just had my first trance/USB Vivi coincide with my first use of Meltdown after crafting it.

:stare: :getin:

This'll do.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Pander posted:

Pro: dollar draw five star

Con:

Thats why I mostly dont do dollar draws anymore. Very unlikely that when I do get something it will even be of use.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Today I got Cid (VII) and Faris to level 99 for their RMs. I could have maybe fit in a third but I'm not motivated enough for that. I don't even know what super RMs I still need out of the whole group that I don't have yet. Support Damage was a big one for me because I was always at a loss on what to put on Ramza for Jump Starts, and now he can spam Affliction Break with impunity.

I have school damage for Spellblade, Summoning, Dragoon, Support, Knight, Thief, and Sharpshooter.

I have element damage for Fire, Wind, Ice, and Holy.

I have weapon damage for Swords, Spears, Daggers, Bows, Guns, and Thrown.

Some utilities I've picked up are the obvious TG Mode, and others like Jump damage, Weakness damage, Protect+Shell+Haste at start, and the strongest auto-attack heal.

Is there anything super obvious that I'm missing? I think that next week I want to get Katana damage and Lightning damage, but other than that I think that I have everything I'll possibly need. But I'll take suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I use Rinoa's +blk damage and Matoya's +blk damage with staffs all the time. They scale significantly slightly better with elemental legend dives than +element RMs.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 8, 2018

• Locked thread