Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Grey Fox posted:

that's probably one of the strongest Awful Games Blocks; I thought I was losing my mind watching it live

rip NACHO KID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

raditts posted:

rip NACHO KID

Are you MAD? SI.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

I can never quite keep up posting in these threads, but I'll say this: SGDQ and AGDQ are highlights of my year without fail, and in no small part is part of that experience hanging in these here threads with y'all, even if I mostly lurk. Greetings from germanysweden.

WONDERSHOT! (Hug all the goats)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I think PJ's Lagoon run is probably one of the best, if not THE best GDQ run I've seen. It's got everything you want, PJ, a hilarious, broken game and a great couch & commentary.

Also wish more people were around to see Might & Magic VI live from last SGDQ, since it was run early morning EU time. It's also where the various

reaction shots are from. If you didn't, you still have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6p6Pni6U0

Greetings from Finland.

The Lobster posted:

Btw, serious for a minute, my friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer and loves getting cards from all around the world. This is the only time I will post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

Please post this again or put it in the OP so I still remember this on a weekday.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 7, 2018

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

The Lobster posted:

Btw, serious for a minute, my friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer and loves getting cards from all around the world. This is the only time I will post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

I lost a friend to that poo poo a couple years ago. Does Eli want any cool toys, or just cards? Because I would totally be down for getting him a drone or a model kit or whatever. I’ve got cash, and I hate cancer.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

Please post this again or put it in the OP so I still remember this on a weekday.

I'm going to post it again but I have no power to put it in the OP. I have the edit that he would appreciate poop emojis drawn on the cards.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thursday Next posted:

I lost a friend to that poo poo a couple years ago. Does Eli want any cool toys, or just cards? Because I would totally be down for getting him a drone or a model kit or whatever. I’ve got cash, and I hate cancer.

If you wanted to send an object (which you really don't have to do), he's really into the poop emoji. But honestly his thing is cards, and he's literally received tens of thousands at this point from all over and read every single one.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Lobster posted:

I'm going to post it again but I have no power to put it in the OP. I have the edit that he would appreciate poop emojis drawn on the cards.

I am over 30 and also I do not know what a poop emoji is but I will do everything in my power to find out.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

I am over 30 and also I do not know what a poop emoji is but I will do everything in my power to find out.

Edit: I need to get to bed if I'm going to wake up in time for the start of the marathon.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 7, 2018

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

TheMadMilkman posted:

The failed menuing in SotN blindfolded is one of my favorite things ever.

Also anytime anyone says "Hey, Brossentia."

I giggle like a schoolgirl when I hear “Hey, Brosentia?!” Like preemptively laughing at whatever terrible pun is coming.

My favorite moments:

* Sega bass fishing. I could not possibly be less interested in the game but the runner owned so hard. Just a dude laughing his butt off at fish. I still rewatch that every few months.
* bawkbasoup’s incredible chill run of some resident evil thing overnight. I still mutter “let’s-a gooo” under my breath before I do something difficult.
* witwix and his commentary. He’s just a funny guy.
* big jon not dying.
* super panga world was the best speedrun ever completed on stream. The runner, the commentary, the couch, the room... amazing.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

TeaJay posted:

I think PJ's Lagoon run is probably one of the best, if not THE best GDQ run I've seen. It's got everything you want, PJ, a hilarious, broken game and a great couch & commentary.

Also wish more people were around to see Might & Magic VI live from last SGDQ, since it was run early morning EU time. It's also where the various

Greetings from Finland.

That run was so good.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Yetee shirt page is up, get it while it's hot

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

It still amazes me they consistently have such good designs every year. I only ever nab the event tee, but dang the other designs always look nice.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Grey Fox posted:

that's probably one of the strongest Awful Games Blocks; I thought I was losing my mind watching it live

the one-two punch of time cop and then cool world right after almost killed me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

also dog's life is the hypest run of this marathon although i dunno if they are gonna let the ending cutscene play out in all its...glory(?)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
writing in goku

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

Vaah posted:

It still amazes me they consistently have such good designs every year. I only ever nab the event tee, but dang the other designs always look nice.

I really like how there are usually at least a couple of designs that look really cool even if you have no idea it's a game reference.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

bought the bobcat and pile up shirts :whatup:

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I have no money to buy cool shirts but if I did I totally would

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

Also this year we'll get a chance to learn how many people just add 'save/kill the animals' to their donations without realising there's a purpose to it

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Fuuuuuck that Good RNG Coin tempts me so much.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hi

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

The Lobster posted:

If you wanted to send an object (which you really don't have to do), he's really into the poop emoji. But honestly his thing is cards, and he's literally received tens of thousands at this point from all over and read every single one.

Sent Eli a thing from Amazon, with gift card attached.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TeaJay posted:

That run was insanely good. Might be just a personal thing on where sometimes I'm just more into some glitches than others, but loading the game blue for some reason, allowing you to glitch into being 1 pixel high with a one pixel hitbox and then going to dragondeath island to load up on endgame gear was cool as gently caress and that was just he beginning.

I think my overall favorite chat moment that I would relive if I could was being in the chat thread for Batman Forever, calling out the insane names of each enemy as they appeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDMRdy56ek

If someone has the gifs from that from the last thread, please share.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Long time watcher, first time donator here,

just had to donate during the run of my favorite game. Seeing all these games from my childhood just utterly destroyed by those talented runners is so much fun! My whole family got wiped out by Super Cancer, so this event is very personal to me. Let's kick cancer's butt! Can I get the announcer to read this in her cute voice:
:gary: HOOOOIIIIIIP :yarg:

Greetings from Germany

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

im the donation message talking about finding a cure for cancer during the prevent cancer foundation event

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Take a shot every time a donation talks about curing cancer. You won't make it past the first day.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Dunban posted:

Take a shot every time a donation talks about curing cancer. You won't make it past the first hour.

Fixed that

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

Greetings from Finland.

Might and Magic VI was probably my favourite run from last SGDQ, it was utterly fantastic.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I posted this last year but if you liked that Might and Magic run you should totally follow CapnClever on Twitch. I don't think he runs that M&M game anymore, but his streams are pretty chill, usually either casualling random old PC games or speedrunning the entire Commander Keen series in one shot.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Can I get some help deciphering this photo? It looks like the phone and thumb are seen by reflection in a mirror, but the lamp is attached to the mirror, so that mirror would have to be in the ceiling, and none of this is making logical spatial sense in my mind.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I Greyhound posted:

Can I get some help deciphering this photo? It looks like the phone and thumb are seen by reflection in a mirror, but the lamp is attached to the mirror, so that mirror would have to be in the ceiling, and none of this is making logical spatial sense in my mind.
It's taken looking down into a lampshade.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

last night i told my cat to wake me up in time to catch AGDQ

the monkey's paw curled and she started waking me up as early as 5AM but hey, at least i won't miss any GDQ!!

god i'm tired

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Xenothral posted:

That run was so good.

My friends, I come bearing a gift: https://imgur.com/a/0TRUk/layout/grid

Edit: Grid mode is annoying here's the old album style: https://imgur.com/a/0TRUk/layout/horizontal

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 7, 2018

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

The Kins posted:

It's taken looking down into a lampshade.

I think I have it now. Thank you.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TeaJay posted:

I found it amusing how many people reacted to them because we found those faces hilarious back when M&M6 was new...

Also, bought my bobcat shirt because everyone must know that was I was dumb enough to buy and play Bubsy.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

Dunban posted:

Take a shot every time a donation talks about curing cancer. You won't make it past the first day.

Tbf they're still better than the donations about cancer at SGDQ

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

So none of the runs day 1 are really grabbing me, anyone have one they want to sell me on?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Oh hey, they actually have the announcers on the schedule now as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It looks like a slow evening for me as well (begin time is 18.30), the first run I know will probably be fun is Skyrim, and I'd really want to see Hollow Knight, but it's really late already. If you didn't see Hollow Knight last summer, definitely check it out. I don't really follow speedruns outside of these events so I have no idea if there's much new but it's a beautiful game with lots of precise platforming.

Dunban posted:

Oh hey, they actually have the announcers on the schedule now as well

And they have added the game platforms too!

• Locked thread