Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fool_of_sound posted:

Who's the smoking brain supposed to be?

I'd presume it's meant to be Trump's. Like Bannon, it's something he isn't using any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cat Mattress posted:

Prez, VP, House boss, Senate boss, then each of the Secretaries by chronological order of the creation of their department (so in order State, Treasury, Defense, Justice, Interior, and so on). If you reach past the Secretary of Homeland Security because all these guys are ineligible for some reason or other, I think you'll get a severe crisis and no choice but to hold new elections.
And also this has to happen before anyone takes the office and appoints new Secretaries.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Is Garrison having a Darth Vader moment here?

Actually, if no-one has used Bannon as the Emperor as a joke yet, that's suprising because that seems like a really easy pop culture reference to make.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Ben Garrison's Top 10 Cartoons of 2017.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jesus you can see how shallow and vapid he is. No wonder Trump is his hero.

"I made this cartoon to humiliate them [the NFL], so I did that." Breathtaking commentary.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don't think you understood my post: I wasn't trying to say "Heeb" isn't a slur (you're right it absolutely is) I'm trying to say that the Texas based grocery store chain H-E-B is not pronounced the same as "Heeb"

The original post mentioned that "Heeb" is a slur and a grocery store chain in Texas, but this is incorrect as H-E-B is said exactly the way it looks (you say "H", then "E", then "B").

Edit:

Huh, must very from place to place. In over 20 years and I've only ever heard it said the way it's spelled.

I must've lost the thread of that conversation somewhere then. Let me go see if I can find it.

Like this mental image doesn't have you jackin' it while hoping they freeze to death, you disingenuous piece of poo poo.

loquacius posted:

The funniest thing about the Republican treatment of the tax bill is probably how much they have made of the Democrats wanting to give everyone "free stuff" for the last ten years

Well, the Democrats want to give it to negroes and poors instead of JOB CREATORS, so,....

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has “trampled the will of the voters.” At least that’s the way Republican senator Cory Gardner of Colorado sees it.

Gardner’s state has a thriving pot industry. It’s legal under Colorado law. But, it’s illegal under the federal marijuana tax act of 1937. And Sessions says it’s his job to enforce federal law.

On the other hand weed was kind of legalized during the Obama administration. Deputy A.G. James Cole wrote a memo directing prosecutors to ignore pot stores in states that authorize them.

Senator Gardner says Sessions promised him he would submit to the Cole memo. And now Gardner says he’ll hold up “every single nomination from the Department of Justice” until Sessions sticks to his word.

A WSJ editorial says Sessions is being cast as the “uncool parent” who’s forcing a debate on the rule of law that Congress should settle.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

is the stubby, malformed hand meant to be trump or kim jong-un?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Gardner, please hold every nomination until the GOP loses the White House.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

HEB just stands for Howard Edward Butt, who took over the store opened by his mother. In the marketing it's retconned to the phrase "Here everything's better". The wikipedia bio implies he was Christian.

Butt.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Preen Dog posted:

HEB just stands for Howard Edward Butt, who took over the store opened by his mother. In the marketing it's retconned to the phrase "Here everything's better". The wikipedia bio implies he was Christian.

Butt.

Heh. Butt.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

This took way too long for an obvious joke.

edit: fixed my shame

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 7, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ryonguy posted:

This took way too long for an obvious joke.
Is "Fire and Ury" part of the joke?

edit: also I just noticed that there's an outlet on the wall but the button is plugged into...something, somewhere else?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Hi I'm Bruce Tinsley and I'm just disgusted by discrimination and prejudice *draws a billion cartoons about how """sharks""" and """"""dinosaurs"""""" only want to kill and should not be afforded the slightest kindness or compassion*

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Not that prison overcrowding is a good thing but to be fair there was a spike in certain crimes after the releases.

Not really:

http://www.ppic.org/publication/crime-trends-in-california/

AB109, which was the biggest anti-overcrowding measure took effect in November 2010. This actually didn't have any early releases, despite the media reporting otherwise. It just kept people from being sent to prison. This is the one that the law enforcement groups talk about the most.
The most recent Prop 36, which changed 3 strikes, was 2012. It did lead to the possibility of early release.
Prop 47 made simple drug possession a misdemeanor in 2014. While this probably lead to so early releases, due to AB109 and the older P36 (2000), this was likely a small population.
Prop 57 will lead to early releases, but hasn't really taken full effect. Most of the regulations were put in place by August 1, 2017, and none before April 1, 2017, so it isn't going to show up on stats. Particularly because it gives credits fro course competitions and the like, so people will have to work for a few years to really see huge decreases in sentences.

You wouldn't know that violence crime rate increased only modestly, but still is at amazingly low rates, and that property crime was on the decline based on most reporting. "A crime didn't happen" doesn't make for a great news story.

Please also note that an increase in "robberies" was likely a large contributor to the increase in violent crime. California has what is called an "Estes Robbery" which is shoplifting except that you push a security guard or the like. Because AB109 made theft under $950 a misdemeanor, DAs are more likely to make robbery charges on estes shoplifts. I don't know if this is the case everywhere (and it would be hard to run stats on), but we definitely saw in increase in estes robbery charges after ab109 when I was a public defender.

nm fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 7, 2018

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

[Internally Screaming]

Then stop supporting politicians who lack empathy so much they're actively malicious.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Ularg posted:

Then stop supporting politicians who lack empathy so much they're actively malicious.

"But... Voting DEMOCRAT?! I'll just stay home, and encourage everyone else to do so, thus fostering voter apathy, thus leading to more Republican wins, thus leading to more awful people in charge, so that I can keep up this 'getting paid to draw hand-wringing comics until I croak' gravy train."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Page late, but

Trogdos! posted:

Speaking of Garrison's depiction of Bannon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtTH30Dc1g

Meanwhile this just made me think of "fired forever because of Obamacare."

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I feel conflicted about kitten face Bannon.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The living dead Conservative party - Chris Riddell on train fares, the NHS crisis, clearing the homeless and Toby Young"

Sunday Telegraph:

We must invest in Armed Forces to be 'force for good', says minister

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

This is fake news that brain is not smooth enough to be Trump’s

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Well gently caress that poo poo. The last time we tried to be a force for good with our army we ended up following Tony Blair in his quest to be America's favorite lapdog and helped to destroy whatever hope for stability the Middle East could have in our lifetime with the invasion of Iraq.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is "Fire and Ury" part of the joke?

Yes and not an obvious mistake I missed and only noticed an hour after I posted it.:saddowns:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

ryonguy posted:

Yes and not an obvious mistake I missed and only noticed an hour after I posted it.:saddowns:

The pisstape lives!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Erenthal posted:

The pisstape lives!

If I was hard charging I would have put fox ears and a tail on trump and changed it to "Furry".

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Hunt11 posted:

Well gently caress that poo poo. The last time we tried to be a force for good with our army we ended up following Tony Blair in his quest to be America's favorite lapdog and helped to destroy whatever hope for stability the Middle East could have in our lifetime with the invasion of Iraq.

How about restoring the royal navy? That thing could be a force of good with like logistical support for disaster areas.

On topic:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Zelda owns and people who get butthurt over these posts are lame

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Katt posted:

On topic:

It still fascinates me that with 10 minutes of hearing the details regarding Uranium One anyone can see it’s virtually impossible for it to have been any kind of scandal.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I predict that non-whites will continue to face College Admissions discrimination, and that Tinsley will continue to only pretend to care about the Asians.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LOL at these Principled, Independent Conservative Cartoonists lining up to fluff Trump's balls like we knew they would.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Katt posted:

How about restoring the royal navy? That thing could be a force of good with like logistical support for disaster areas.

That I would be fine with.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

#HatchetJob

Stiglich posted:

Another job President Trump has saved.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Famously angry white man Steven Colbert.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Observer:

"The living dead Conservative party - Chris Riddell on train fares, the NHS crisis, clearing the homeless and Toby Young"

I have grown used to grotesque caricatures in the British toons, but was unprepared for an Undertale reference

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OhDearGodNo posted:

It still fascinates me that with 10 minutes of hearing the details regarding Uranium One anyone can see it’s virtually impossible for it to have been any kind of scandal.
Um excuse me but don't you find the lack of any evidence of wrongdoing to be just a tiny bit suspicious? *sensible chuckle* Ah you sheeple."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wonder if Stiglich is one of those people who's mad at Colbert for "switching sides" because they thought the Colbert Report wasn't satire.