Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know I'm just saying the pedestal placements and the caricaturizations are just two symptoms of the same problem and it's not all that strange if you look at it in that from that angle

site fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Sure, I guess I just don't get hate boners in a general sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nipponophile posted:

Netflix's Bright, of course, being the most recent example of the Tolkeinization of minorities.

You're my new best friend.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The most frustrating thing about Monica: depends on how much of this story is true, but it's the fact that Roger Stern put a lot of work into making her a cool character from her introduction in a Spider-Man annual through putting her into the Avengers as the rookie then letting her prove her mettle, earn the respect and admiration of her fellow heroes and become the team's leader, then when Stern left, the instructions to the next writer were supposedly not just to put Cap back in charge of the team, but to explicitly show that Monica wasn't cut out to lead them and have her internally monologue about how Cap is a much better leader. :(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

Frank Miller, is that you?

The most infuriating thing about said regressive shitheads is how sure they are of Marvel's comic sales floundering because of :byodood:EssJayDoubleY00s:byodood:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 6, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think it’s because they do things like turn Captain America into a Nazi and then poo poo the bed and halfass it so you end up with the worst of two worlds.

:colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Race Realists posted:

The most infuriating thing about said regressive shitheads is how sure they are of Marvel's comic sales floundering because of :byodood:EssJayDoubleY00s:byodood:

Yeah the unsaid flip side to that idea is always that even if the "sjw" books have low sales they aren't buying the "good" comics. It's just bigots trolling

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah all my "SJW" books (3 out of the 4 I get) are getting cancelled due to low sales so I guess it is I who will have to die mad about it.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

then when Stern left, the instructions to the next writer were supposedly not just to put Cap back in charge of the team, but to explicitly show that Monica wasn't cut out to lead them and have her internally monologue about how Cap is a much better leader. :(

That's not "when Stern left", that's why Stern left. He's been claiming on the internet for 20 years that he got fired off the book by his editor Mark Gruenwald (writer of Cap's book at the time and a guy from small-town Wisconsin, which as a biggest-town Wisconsin person myself leads me to have some suspicions about his feelings about "those people" from the inner city of Milwaukee) because he was the one originally given those instructions, which as Monica's creator he obviously refused to do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Todd MacFarlane has announced some news about his Spawn movie and he states that Spawn does not talk the entire movie.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Todd MacFarlane has announced some news about his Spawn movie and he states that Spawn does not talk the entire movie.

Aw man, but dialogue is Todd's strong suit!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wish it were Seth MacFarlane's Spawn

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Todd McFarlane has been saying that about his new Spawn movie for twenty years now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I wish it were Seth MacFarlane's Spawn

"Remember when people liked Spawn?"

Flashback to the 90s.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Spawn was OK. The HBO series I remember being quite good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Retardog posted:

Todd McFarlane has been saying that about his new Spawn movie for twenty years now

Except now somebody is actually paying him for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is he sti claiming Jamie Foxx is starring?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BiggerBoat posted:

Spawn was OK. The HBO series I remember being quite good.

The comics were poo poo unless it was a guest writer. The HBO series is a miraculous adaptation that mostly relies on keith david and great animation more than anything else.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
https://twitter.com/itzmoe/status/949749109803515904

Nice little day out for the CD crew, bless.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Those guys better watch out for the Disney assassins.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Wheat Loaf posted:

Those guys better watch out for the Disney assassins.

That's just good advice in general.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Of loving course someone was dressed as Jason Todd.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's just good advice in general.

I saw this in another thread:

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/949361746493374464

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah let's pretend some random troll (and a drat good one that's loving hilarious) represents a fan base

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah let's pretend some random troll (and a drat good one that's loving hilarious) represents a fan base

He isnt your voice?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I can't imagine watching Justice League and being so upset over how it isn't depressing that you ask for a Snyder cut. Wasn't it a little nice to see a DC Universe that isn't dire?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Al Borland Corp. posted:

lol of course you're on their side

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Look, I know you're just saying that to keep the Disney Viper Assassination Squad off your back.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

Wasn't it a little nice to see a DC Universe that isn't dire?

Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were pretty good, yeah.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah thank good they cut all of Cyborg's scenes out to make room for a Russian family peeking outta windows

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol look at these losers enjoying things and respectfully asking for things

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Phylodox posted:

Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were pretty good, yeah.

I'm lookin at a tearful Superman snap Zod's neck and Pa Kent getting sucked into a tornado and the Jesus stuff and I'm not sure you and I think of "dire" in the same way. Wonder Woman was cool though. A superhero movie that decided it might try its hand at being uplifting.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How is our Lord and savior dire?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Lol look at these losers enjoying things and respectfully asking for things

Which loser are you?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This forum has the weirdest grudge lol

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You can't respectfully demand something. "Release the Snyder cut" isn't a question.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How is our Lord and savior dire?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yet you turn around and complain he doesn't smile enough

• Locked thread