Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

guys I just cannot overstate how hype the Bloodborne All Bosses run is going to be. Please watch it. It will completely remove the stench of that dumb rear end in a top hat who was bad at the game a couple years ago who did any% by cheating his stats all the way up and facehugged all the bosses. sigh.

"All Bosses" is an insanely hype route and it includes the DLC bosses and the routing is super fun. Bloodborne is also a masterpiece and this is the run it deserves .....

Just have fun and post! Good posting power comes from the heart, not the memes my friend. It is an honor to have you join us on our ship.

i have never played or seen bloodborne but i love souls games and have 100%ed them all (including demon's souls :gonk: )

1. will the run make sense?
2. will the run spoil things in the event i ever play bloodborne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

eonwe posted:

yall i wont be here for the finale im going to a stars game with a friend but ill be with you in spirit

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I usually can never watch the finale anyway due to it being like 6 AM on a monday morning. But I'm with everyone in spirit as well.

e: Although this year I will probably be awake when it's time to end

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axeil posted:

i have never played or seen bloodborne but i love souls games and have 100%ed them all (including demon's souls :gonk: )

It's going to essentially show off the whole game so yes of course it will spoil things

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

It's going to essentially show off the whole game so yes of course it will spoil things

but it's also a souls game so it's not like you're gonna understand anything that's going on :yeah:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

was it sgdq17 that had all the audio issues?

It's probably an AGDQ. They get Power Up to do the SGDQs and they are top notch. (Power Up can't do AGDQ cause of schedule)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

i meant more in terms of "will they be revealing how to beat the bosses/areas the way a normal pleb like me can use or can i still play and bumble around like a moron for 2/3rds of the game until i figure out how to play it correctly"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

axeil posted:

it'll spoil things that you probably don't really care too much about being spoiled about, and the stuff you do will be so fast that you are honestly not going to catch it

you are gonna see a bunch of bosses and how they fight, but it probably will do you zero good when you play it as they are going to crush you until you learn it yourself anyway

and the run will make sense in the sense that you are just watching him be a badass and kill monsters who could wreck him easily

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

axeil posted:

Hello wawa/philly friend (let's go all the way eagles!)

The run will make sense in that he's gonna be running around owning poo poo like a b adass epic hunter, iirc there are only a couple oob moments in the run that'll not make sense but you will appreciate the menuing, routing and boss kills. Like any souls game there aren't much in the vein of cutscenes and dialogue so all that will be spoiled, if it matters to you, are locations and bosses.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

axeil posted:

i meant more in terms of "will they be revealing how to beat the bosses/areas the way a normal pleb like me can use or can i still play and bumble around like a moron for 2/3rds of the game until i figure out how to play it correctly"

I think you should watch it! Bloodborne is a masterpiece and the run will prob only make you more pumped to play it, in this humble's poster's opinion

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axeil posted:

Oh well I dunno. I know what I personally would be most concerned about is just seeing the cool bosses.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

I know I’m the only person in either thread but I’m excited to watch FE8 and pokemon B/W 2

i'm always excited for pokemon speedruns, even though b/w2 are the only main series games i haven't played myself

also i'm reasonably excited for crash bandicoot 3 kicking off the event, used to love that game

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Hello wawa/philly friend (let's go all the way eagles!)

The run will make sense in that he's gonna be running around owning poo poo like a b adass epic hunter, iirc there are only a couple oob moments in the run that'll not make sense but you will appreciate the menuing, routing and boss kills. Like any souls game there aren't much in the vein of cutscenes and dialogue so all that will be spoiled, if it matters to you, are locations and bosses.

i believe in big dick nick. bit sad that the eagles' playoff game is during the saturday of gdq though :smith:

also my girlfriend got wawa coffee for christmas and its so loving good and i'm so excited they're opening one in dc

beep by grandpa posted:

I think you should watch it! Bloodborne is a masterpiece and the run will prob only make you more pumped to play it, in this humble's poster's opinion

okay, cool i will!

oh and that might and magic run is uh...:stare: wow. space aliens in a fantasy game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Consider there's also like 22 bosses in this category so tbh I know I wouldn't remember any of them after the fact if I was watching it all for the fisrt time. I think he should watch it :)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Happy Speedmas one and all

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

tyblazitar posted:

i'm always excited for pokemon speedruns, even though b/w2 are the only main series games i haven't played myself

also i'm reasonably excited for crash bandicoot 3 kicking off the event, used to love that game

You're missing out, b/w2 are the best games in the series (imo)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hell yes gimme that ristar

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

What's up you spicy boys. I've got a pain in the rear end Bloodborne boss under my belt, laundry going, and I'm all showered up, which I bet is more than what most of the attendees can claim.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I will tell you that I watched dark souls runs before I played dark souls, and it definitely did not help me know how to beat the bosses. lmao

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I tried to get livestreamer to work, then I realized I had no idea how to program anything and am confused by everything. Help would be appreciated cause Twitch chats tend to be toxic cesspools of no fun.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm back from the store. What good runs did I miss in the past 40 minutes?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

sunday roast is in the oven and i am ready for spamming memes in the chat

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i made this thing last year for my own use, to mark/highlight tuff on the gdq schedule page, osmeone might get some use out of it

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/31092-gdq-schedule-highlighter

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I tried to get livestreamer to work, then I realized I had no idea how to program anything and am confused by everything. Help would be appreciated cause Twitch chats tend to be toxic cesspools of no fun.

Streamlink Twitch GUI for you also.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

you could just watch it on Twitch with the chat turned off, that's what i do

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Apparently Twitch chat will be sub mode all week long

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Golden Sun is a good game

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

jimmydalad posted:

Use streamlink and the streamlink twitch gui instead
https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/releases/tag/0.9.0
https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui/wiki/Installation

Livestreamer hasnt been updated in a few years and parts of it are broken

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Long time donator, first time watcher. Save the Germany. Money goes to kill the runner.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

I would start here:

https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui/wiki/Installation

tyblazitar posted:

you could just watch it on Twitch with the chat turned off, that's what i do

Knowing it's there bothers me. :( I'm a goon.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I dont know what to expect this year except 'watch Envirobear' and I hope the RE3 race is a double KO in the basement.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Are we doing Bingo again this year?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Had to kill during this run. Put my money towards kill the viewer. Lets kick viewer's butt!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Saint Freak posted:

Long time donator, first time watcher. Save the Germany. Money goes to kill the runner.

Greetings from cancer

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I post about it every year but I still don't understand why anyone reads twitch chat! I'm not even the type that gets offended at anything but there is just zero value in it and it's literally unreadable cause of the speed and it's a race to the bottom as far as trying to be obnoxious so why bother! Hang in here with us instead! :)

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Corek posted:

Apparently Twitch chat will be sub mode all week long

It's about time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jimmydalad posted:

I just download the Twitch5 firefox/chrome extension. Works as well as livestreamer, 0 ads, and you can just maximize it. No twittch chat

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SoftNum posted:

Knowing it's there bothers me. :( I'm a goon.

I too worry about the existence of twitch chat. but like, in general.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Stream is spying on this thread, just started playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7_tcwsj4E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As I understand chat during a twitch stream, we're supposed to constantly spam pictures of a dog, right?

• Locked thread