Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually its still poo poo because it doesn't include the Chalice dun- sorry I can't even joke about that.

I wonder if there's any speedrun category for BB that does include the Chalices.

please do not ever joke about this,

my hand is quick, friend, and I nearly drew my blade 6 words into your post...

*sheaths hatori hanzo steel*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm happy how little walls always matter in these sorts of games.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I like the energy of the couch + runner.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Ramos posted:

I'm happy how little walls always matter in these sorts of games.

Walls are suggestions, not obstacles.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

THIS GUY FOX

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I'm really curious about that Bloodborne run because the first one was such a poo poo fest on an unpatched version with the worst load times in video game history

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is a real GDQ run right here

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ganson posted:

I just realized there's no cuphead, mind blown. Would be great to see that game getting destroyed in the 1.0 version with the weapon swap glitch.

It just came out a few months ago so it was far less likely to get into this AGDQ. If it's gonna get into a GDQ, I'd expect it in this year's SGDQ.

Of course, Sonic Mania came out in August and it's in this marathon so what do I know?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Memory manipulation is always a mindfuck

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:
that one sound effect is louder than anything in the game, it owns

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The first time it was in a marathon, it was a pretty humorous twist that changed things up and gave some variety so it wasn't just like "every other marathon". But it's been done multiple times now and frankly, I think the joke has gotten old by this point.

Especially nowadays there's so many speedrunners that have great runs to offer, and we are putting them aside to put in this running gag that I feel like most people honestly don't care to watch anymore. The AwGDQ last year took up 6 hours of timeslots. That's quite a lot for what it is, you could fit an entire game block or two with that much time, and I am sure they would be more entertaining and bring in more donations.

I really dislike seeing this go on and not really hearing anyone say anything about it, if AwDGQ does happen this year, please make it the last time, or at the least please shorten how long it is.

Or if you want to keep that time block of "something different", let people run their lesser known games that I know people would want to watch (Billy Hatcher is a good example). You could call it "Obscure Games Done Quick" or something idk.

Awful Games Done Quick just doesn't seem fair to either the people interested in going to the marathon or to the viewers and supporters for the marathon. Thanks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TeaJay posted:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

He tricked the final boss into not existing

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
killing the final boss before starting the game, that's a new one

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
At least these "fly over everything" bits are nowhere near as long as Okami

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

The first time it was in a marathon, it was a pretty humorous twist that changed things up and gave some variety so it wasn't just like "every other marathon". But it's been done multiple times now and frankly, I think the joke has gotten old by this point.

Especially nowadays there's so many speedrunners that have great runs to offer, and we are putting them aside to put in this running gag that I feel like most people honestly don't care to watch anymore. The AwGDQ last year took up 6 hours of timeslots. That's quite a lot for what it is, you could fit an entire game block or two with that much time, and I am sure they would be more entertaining and bring in more donations.

I really dislike seeing this go on and not really hearing anyone say anything about it, if AwDGQ does happen this year, please make it the last time, or at the least please shorten how long it is.

Or if you want to keep that time block of "something different", let people run their lesser known games that I know people would want to watch (Billy Hatcher is a good example). You could call it "Obscure Games Done Quick" or something idk.

Awful Games Done Quick just doesn't seem fair to either the people interested in going to the marathon or to the viewers and supporters for the marathon. Thanks.

lmao

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Your quotes

Please source them.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

TeaJay posted:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

They just said "Faux-rear end" on air holy poo poo.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Mega Man 3's soundtrack is as good as Mega Man 2's

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Your quotes

Please source them.

https://pastebin.com/GMv9TU3n

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Anyone who doesn't love Awful block has no soul.

Also, good game, great run.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

This seems like some spicy poo poo. I approve.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

all games are awful, to me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Despicable

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

lol

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

same to u

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

all games are awful, to me

the hottest take

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Awful Block rules, friend.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ah yes the game's over now I can see what my future earnings projection for the quarter looks like hmmm okay shield levels are optimal, fuel is full and the next jump to light speed will be once we get past the KLSX-22 hyper jump ring. I could use a little bit more staff to man the hyper guns and turrets. Oh, a new quest popped up, "SPLATTOON 2 DANCE PARTY". Probably can get lots of eXP from that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
thos games sure are SOMETHING AWFUL :iamafag:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Replace every >3 hour run with an Awful block.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

please do not ever joke about this,

my hand is quick, friend, and I nearly drew my blade 6 words into your post...

*sheaths hatori hanzo steel*

What is a chalice dungeon and why does it make you upset

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Chatting with you all while watching speedruns has enhanced this experience by like 100 times. You goons are all great.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Replace every >3 hour run with an Awful block.

but those are already awful

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i dunno what a splatoon dance party is and frankly i'm afraid to ask

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Chalice dungeons are hella sweet.... NOT hahahaha

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Will Splatoon 2 run be cool or kinda meh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
that run seriously ruled. hearing that little backstory - yeah, nbd, we've cut AN HOUR out of this run in the last few years - made it even better.

• Locked thread