Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

"It doesn't seem like much of one, but it is a time skip." Hoooooo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Brother Entropy posted:

were they at least like, real good doctors or

One of those doctors was your girlfriend (if you went to save the girlfriend as they had switched her with a random girl), so apparently not real doctors.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Did the runner say why the game's run in Italian yet?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

Also no goddamn help from that couch.

This is always the sad part about slow runs, too many of them have a completely silent couch.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

wait we have to watch this poo poo over and over again?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Im probably gonna take a break becayse Infamous never interestes me but i hope she does ok. Seems like a huge case of nerves.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

JethroMcB posted:

The best thing was when you were given the choice between saving your girlfriend...or...SIX DOCTORS

And prioritizing someone you know and love over strangers was seen as the literally-worse-than-12-Hitlers choice.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

One of those doctors was your girlfriend, so apparently not real doctors.

No, one of the doctors was only your girlfriend if you chose to save your girlfriend, who was a fake.

If you saved the doctors, all of the doctors were real, and the girlfriend that died was your real girlfriend.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
why did they put this run at this time slot on the first day

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh no i kinda want that skyrim switch

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Sage Grimm posted:

Eh, this sounds more like it's her first time with a large crowd and added nervousness to a rare random event messing up pacing.

Also no goddamn help from that couch.

I feel like if you are on the couch, contribute or gtfo.

She's clearly nervous and needs some backup.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zeikier posted:

Did the runner say why the game's run in Italian yet?

so far it saved 2 or 3 seconds when waiting for dialog to end so she could open a door, wouldn't be surprised if that happens a few other times during the run

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Hellioning posted:

No, one of the doctors was only your girlfriend if you chose to save your girlfriend, who was a fake.

If you saved the doctors, all of the doctors were real, and the girlfriend that died was your real girlfriend.

Yeah, I went back and editted this for greater clarity in the middle of your post. Gotta love Schrodinger's Choice!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hellioning posted:

so continuity literally changes in order to gently caress you over no matter what you pick?

that's hilariously stupid game design

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Brother Entropy posted:

were they at least like, real good doctors or

Doctorate in Communications

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Brother Entropy posted:

so continuity literally changes in order to gently caress you over no matter what you pick?

Infamous came hot on the heels of the "Moral Choices In Videogames" trend.

It was, perhaps, not the best executor of that trend.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

Conduits! :argh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Yeah, the choice was set up so that your girlfriend always died, which is one of those weird video-game exclusive things to narratively make you feel like an rear end in a top hat no matter what you chose

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010

SoftNum posted:

Have they said how much faster italian is? because it can't be that much faster.

Italian is the fastest language

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Huh. The Infamous games are always dull as dirt but I thought the speedrun might at least have something of interest. I guess not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is incredibly boring

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

OSTAGGIO IN ARRIVO!!!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Granted, it's very..neon.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lmao what ever happened to them

He's still around. The ROI of scripted and edited videos does not compare to just streaming on twitch and occasionally posting highlights. So he still posts some stuff but not the original high-effort poo poo.

Recently he was banned from Twitter for being, like, alt-right-adjacent-adjacent.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Think I'm just gonna play Skyrim during this and the Skyrim run (lol)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

It's called a magician's choice and it's been around forever. It is pretty lazy in video game narratives, though, since if you want a narrative outcome then just force it instead of jerking the player around.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why is the title "inFAMOUS" instead of "Infamous"

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Twelve and a half minutes in, the couch remembers they exist.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
LMAO, just introducing them and they don't say anything besides their names. What a garbage couch.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I feel bad for Emeraldaly cause it doesn't seem like the couch is doing much to help her out and I can't imagine how scary it is speedrunning a game in front of a crowd and the twitch chat. I'd hate to see what it'd be like if the sub barrier wasn't up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also the twist at the end of the first game was almost violently stupid and the payoff in the sequel was even better too because a) it didn't pay off and b) the main character looked like a completely different human being which is sort of important to the whole plot of the first game

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

Italian is the fastest language

Haven't you folks ever noticed that cars with Italian names go really fast?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Mo_Steel posted:

Billion dollar Vinyl confirmed

A bit late, but I collect VGM vinyl and the Splatoon 2 picture disc is actually pretty goddamned rare. I've been searching high and low for it since I saw a pic last summer and I'd estimate there to be less than ten total copies--it would realistically sell for between $1,000-2,000. Generally, pressings start at about 100 units but there were two VGM picture discs (Splatoon 2 and Agents of Mayhem) that each had less than 20 units pressed total because Nintendo and Koch have too much money apparently. AoM bombed and that disc can be bought for about $300, but no one has publicly sold the S2 vinyl yet.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Barudak posted:

Yeah, the choice was set up so that your girlfriend always died, which is one of those weird video-game exclusive things to narratively make you feel like an rear end in a top hat no matter what you chose

It's poo poo like this that I begun to hate story focused games. Fortunately DOOM exists so I can enjoy killing demons and the game doesn't judge me for trying to enjoy myself :)

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So why is cosplaying banned.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Corek posted:

If I remember correctly, this is a series that started back when games were trying to make a big thing about MORAL CHOICES. The game basically had you resolve every problem in one of two ways. One way made you a hero, the other a villain (or anti-hero whatever). The idea is that you will be either famous or infamous, hence the stupid title.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Think I'm just gonna play Skyrim during this and the Skyrim run (lol)

the skyrim run will probably rule, basically all the elder scrolls runs have been hilarious bug exploits

Corek posted:

because depending on your moral choices you can either be famous or infamous :downs:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Corek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b6_i_eSgR8

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Didn't know Andy Richter signed up for a run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

jimmydalad posted:

I feel bad for Emeraldaly cause it doesn't seem like the couch is doing much to help her out and I can't imagine how scary it is speedrunning a game in front of a crowd and the twitch chat. I'd hate to see what it'd be like if the sub barrier wasn't up.

I mean, yeah, I don't wanna downplay what she's doing and how awesome she is at the game but there's really not THAT many people sitting back there and it's not like they have a live viewer count and twitch chat up for the runners (I don't think?) so it shouldn't be THAT much of a bother. Easier said than done I realize, but it's not like she's got a packed hall behind her

• Locked thread