Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Spoderman posted:

The genji glove is sick

It's my favorite FF accessory. I have 3 of them, and 1 of them I got literally like 2 hours into the game, somehow? But it's sick. I am now playing as solo Celes feeding fish to Cid to keep him from dying I guess. it's tight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

rediscover posted:

It's my favorite FF accessory. I have 3 of them, and 1 of them I got literally like 2 hours into the game, somehow? But it's sick. I am now playing as solo Celes feeding fish to Cid to keep him from dying I guess. it's tight

Let him die imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Save Cid

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Let him die imo
Final Fantasy is about never giving into despair, even in the face of death.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol the fish catching part is hosed up. I was ashamed when I messed it up and let the man die

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Lol the fish catching part is hosed up. I was ashamed when I messed it up and let the man die
If you don't know the trick it's super easy to do.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i wanted let him die this run because i hadnt seen the scene since i was a kid, so i just grabbed th first fish i could find every time and i nearly cured him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've never let him die and if you have I loathe you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going away with work all next week, do I play ff6 (cosy, familiar, homely) or bravely default (New, exciting)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going away with work all next week, do I play ff6 (cosy, familiar, homely) or bravely default (New, exciting)
FF6 and Bravely if you beat it.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
People in Japan seem to generally love FF4 the most and hate FF6. Probably because FF4 is completely 100% railroaded and you can't even choose your party, while FF6 has a ton of characters to choose from and the whole World of Ruin thing so you can take on challenges in any order. Just from reading that FF6 sounds a lot more fun, right? Not to Japan.

Look, I live in Japan and am really big on Japanese everything, don't like Xbox and all that stuff. But I just can't even begin to understand this one.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

magikid posted:

People in Japan seem to generally love FF4 the most and hate FF6. Probably because FF4 is completely 100% railroaded and you can't even choose your party, while FF6 has a ton of characters to choose from and the whole World of Ruin thing so you can take on challenges in any order. Just from reading that FF6 sounds a lot more fun, right? Not to Japan.

Look, I live in Japan and am really big on Japanese everything, don't like Xbox and all that stuff. But I just can't even begin to understand this one.
A lot of characters were changed a lot in translation. Kefka is supposed to be a pretty basic villain in the Japanese version and the negative reception of him prompted the translation to change him drastically.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Cid lives.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never saved Cid I couldn't figure out how to. I would feed him fish and then he died.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you need to feed him bucketloads of them at breakneck speed

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
I remember reading that the slow-moving fish actually kill him faster, and you need the really fast ones that are a pain in the rear end to catch to actually heal him. Unless you get really emotional about fictional characters' lives just give him the slow fish because that scene is better anyway.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I've never saved Cid I couldn't figure out how to. I would feed him fish and then he died.

you can look at the description of the fish in the RARE section of your inventory and it tells you what kind of fish. When I had a choice I tried to only feed him Yummy Fish and Just a Fish because the other ones seemed to make him more sick. I think the faster they are in the water, the better they are for Cid

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

magikid posted:

Time for a third bomb.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

basically they think world of ruin is deviant western non-linear nonsense with no plot or story

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

basically they think world of ruin is deviant western non-linear nonsense with no plot or story

But I thought they liked Romancing SaGa? Unless that's a totally separate fanbase.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Not all heroes wear capes.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i didnt even know it was possible to save cid until like a few years ago. man always died

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

really enjoying this play thru of ffvi. I never finished the game as a kid and I'm determined to do it this time.

also reading about all the final Fantasy xv dlc and updates makes me want to play that again. I thought the base game was fun as heck

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

factsareuseless please namechange me to blackeroni, tia

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just carefully studied 12 different blitzball tutorials before the first game of the season only to spend the next thirty minutes of the game not playing blitzball

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Also one of the stadium announcers is Tom Kenny from Mr Show and it's insanely jarring to hear him saying RPG town name nonsense. This game owns.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Spoderman posted:

Also one of the stadium announcers is Tom Kenny from Mr Show and it's insanely jarring to hear him saying RPG town name nonsense. This game owns.

lol holy poo poo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

FF12 is cool. Like the political intrigue. Only 4 hours in though. lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Not all heroes wear capes.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU