Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

F. Lobot posted:

Fuckin' Reddit man. The entire front page of /r/speedrun is universally complaining about sub only mode, banned emotes, no fun, etc. It's as though anyone who doesn't care or disagrees with that stuff being a problem has left to find a more positive community. This poo poo's not even being downvoted anymore. Anyone who naively hops into the subreddit hoping for some quick info/discussion on AGDQ is going to be bombarded by outrage and probably influenced by it too.

i think (hope) most people are smart enough not to take reddit seriously about anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

F. Lobot posted:

Fuckin' Reddit man. The entire front page of /r/speedrun is universally complaining about sub only mode, banned emotes, no fun, etc. It's as though anyone who doesn't care or disagrees with that stuff being a problem has left to find a more positive community. This poo poo's not even being downvoted anymore. Anyone who naively hops into the subreddit hoping for some quick info/discussion on AGDQ is going to be bombarded by outrage and probably influenced by it too.

Reddit gets angry about 'censorship'?

No way.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

F. Lobot posted:

reddit, much like twitch chat, was always garbage

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

eonwe posted:

i think (hope) most people are smart enough not to take reddit seriously about anything

hahaha

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Barudak posted:

This franchise died after this, right? This was 4 years ago, now.

Video game franchises rarely die. They just go into hibernation until a new console release.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barudak posted:

Oh poo poo. 2014 was four years ago. :psyduck:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

F. Lobot posted:

It's all arguing and circlejerking around the lack of crowd cam and non-sub chat. Goddamn reddit is awful.

also this run is not good

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Your Computer posted:

reddit, much like twitch chat, was always garbage

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

we spend a lot of time terrified to leave the house before/during transition and what better thing to spend your time doing than playing video games a bunch

Absolutely this. I made the stupid decision to look at twitch chat and it's a bunch of pleb-related memes and assholes calling the runner Mrs Doubtfire.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ganson posted:

Who lives in a city with enough neon that having eating neon as a super power would be viable?

I feel like you'd spend a lot of time hanging around whore houses and strip joints in this situation.

Hong Kong, and, uh, artists rendering of 1950s vegas?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Barudak posted:

I think they did pretty much did what they can with it , now they are working on some new samuraish game.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Lobster posted:

I played video games when I was little and I'm a girl but I've come to find out I had a VERY accepting social group and not just for West Virginia. But I have no interest in speedrunning them; my thing is collecting as many as I can like some kind of dragon with a hoard.

oh yeah obviously i'm not saying no little girls play/played video games, just that it's a factor to keep in mind as to why amab women might be more inclined to get into speedruns of super nintendo games

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

why is this now and prinny contra is at 1am

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

Video game franchises rarely die. They just go into hibernation until a new console release.

<looks longingly into Blinx's unmoving, dead eyes>

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

It's weird hearing everyone hating on inFamous so much; it's not world beating, but it's a perfectly fun video game.

As a speedgame, though, wow.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Innerguard posted:

Absolutely this. I made the stupid decision to look at twitch chat and it's a bunch of pleb-related memes and assholes calling the runner Mrs Doubtfire.

Well those people are assholes but to be fair she is a bit fashion deprived for someone who knew she was going on a stream that was about to be viewed by tens of thousands of people.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
this would be better if the couch would say ANYTHING

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Barudak posted:

<looks longingly into Blinx's unmoving, dead eyes>

Bubsy the Bobcat got a new game.

loving Bubsy.

For better or worse, anything is possible.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
I think the runner is doing a pretty good job of trying to keep it interesting at least. Sucks she picked a not-great game to run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, there are plenty of reasons to critique this run, it's not a very fun speedgame, runner is clearly nervous and the couch is dead as a dodo.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
The alt chat ( https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/c...m_name=speedrun ) for agdq is going exactly like you'd expect.

racist and transphobic as gently caress

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

loving the barren wasteland of <message deleted> in the Twitch chat as transphobic jokes are nuked from orbit

in conclusion they aren't charging enough to sub

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

The run is good it's just also unfortunately boring.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Wow I'm really surprised by how many people were lukewarm or straight didn't like the inFAMOUS games. I loving loved them.

This speedrun is still very slow, though. I can't imagine how much poo poo it must be getting on other sites.

ETA: After taking a moment to look at Twitch chat all I see are <message deleted>'s and people spamming poo poo about Spaghet so that seems like a fun place to be.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 7, 2018

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Xenothral posted:

Just got back from a fast grocery run after Splatoon. I take it I haven't missed out on much.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Webbeh posted:

this would be better if the couch would say ANYTHING

Seriously, the couch isn't a prime viewing spot, you are supposed to be involved in the run. Why won't they talk?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I'm sure the movement the runner is doing is really impressive and hard, but it's the sort of game where if you haven't played it yourself you can't really tell

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ThePagey posted:

Wow I'm really surprised by how many people were lukewarm or straight didn't like the inFAMOUS games. I loving loved them.

second son was kinda neat whenever i was just moving around in the city but anything involving combat with enemies was a tedious drat slog

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Xenothral posted:

Sounds like it isnt good, then.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

ThePagey posted:

This speedrun is still very slow, though. I can't imagine how much poo poo it must be getting on other sites.

There's a reason they're called lawnmower games. Not as bad as some of the Assassin Creeds but you can only do so much collectible and region clearing before you get sick of it.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Mainwaring posted:

I'm sure the movement the runner is doing is really impressive and hard, but it's the sort of game where if you haven't played it yourself you can't really tell

Yeah. Did the InFAMOUS games sell well? I mean I know they made four so there was obviously a market. I never played any but I think I got one for free once from Sony.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

Here, just imagine everything feels a little sloppy and landing on anything a bit too finicky because the game is made with the assumption you can just launch yourself back up there so why would anyone need percision and you've got it.

Also 4 games in the series and they couldn't make a human hand shooting elemental attacks look remotely cool

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Webbeh posted:

The alt chat ( https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/c...m_name=speedrun ) for agdq is going exactly like you'd expect.

racist and transphobic as gently caress

Big Jon hosts a PG chat that is pretty good. I'm sure other streamers have theirs too that are less PG but don't allow for that poo poo.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Is there no moral choice in this anymore?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SoftNum posted:

Is there no moral choice in this anymore?

The moral choice is turning it off.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Ramos posted:

Just got back from a fast grocery run after Splatoon. I take it I haven't missed out on much.

Just Reddit being bad (old news) and Twitch chat still being transphobic and bad (also old news)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Infamous story was really dumb but the second game really made up for it. Not to mention Zeke who is Cole's best friend, ends up being way better character in 2.

They just really suck at the combat part of the game though.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Brother Entropy posted:

oh yeah obviously i'm not saying no little girls play/played video games, just that it's a factor to keep in mind as to why amab women might be more inclined to get into speedruns of super nintendo games

Definitely. I just like to watch speedruns of super nintendo games. It doesn't feel like a community I want to participate in.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

OK, that's sweet that she tried to do her hair like the character in her game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The Lobster posted:

Yeah. Did the InFAMOUS games sell well? I mean I know they made four so there was obviously a market. I never played any but I think I got one for free once from Sony.

The first game and Second Son sold about 3 million, Infamous 2 sold just under 2 million, so they did pretty well.

• Locked thread