Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Mainwaring posted:

If you want to look into hell there's a restream with unlocked chat that someone posted on the agdq reddit

I'll use my imagination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mainwaring posted:

Mario Odyssey is happening yes? I looked through schedule the other day and didn't see it.

Sadly no, because most games get submitted early in the year and Mario Odyssey was late in 2017.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Barudak posted:

Dr. Mario ain't had poo poo since 1990. Hell Game and Watch was still being made when Dr. Mario released

You, uh, are aware that Dr. Mario is a Mario game, right? And that there has been more than one Mario game since 1990? Heck, you can play as Dr. Mario in Odyssey!

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Mainwaring posted:

If you want to look into hell there's a restream with unlocked chat that someone posted on the agdq reddit

Yeah I posted it earlier but it's nothing but, "flood the chat with racist/transphobic/etc etc because we're edgy atm." Not really the same thing.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Barudak posted:

After you get the next 106 Burns on Suikoden you'll change your mind.

This made me laugh

Also I want more 2d runs please. 3D gives me headaches

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

You, uh, are aware that Dr. Mario is a Mario game, right? And that there has been more than one Mario game since 1990? Heck, you can play as Dr. Mario in Odyssey!

Warning: Doctor Mario is NOT A REAL DOCTOR. Do not let him take off your pants :colbert:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

I understand, but I was reaching to find a game that was well liked, gets referenced a lot/included in other games, has a character in Smash, and has no new games in ages.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

hanales posted:

This made me laugh

3D runs can be good, but I only really get into em when there are hilarious amounts of broken glitches which Infamous doesn't really have.

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O
The best bit so far was the guy running splatoon declaring he wasn't a nerd.

Or the 100% Polyester blanket. You know it's good.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Ganson posted:

Warning: Doctor Mario is NOT A REAL DOCTOR. Do not let him take off your pants :colbert:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

hanales posted:

This made me laugh

Good news, Hollow Knight is coming up after this and Skyrim and that game is pretty fantastic. No idea about how it speedruns.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah wasn't the main character from infamous one of the six characters in Sony Smash Brothers Brawl?

Two actually, the moral and immoral spec'd Cole were two separate characters.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Hey, I liked Suikoden, I just meant that given Konami's current state, I'd rather it stay dormant.

:hfive: we are in agreement on that one.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why are some of you so fuckin obsessed with twitch chat, y'all sound like jilted exes imho

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Why are some of you so fuckin obsessed with twitch chat, y'all sound like jilted exes imho

no one asked

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Crackdown 3 will probably also be poo poo, which is an impressive feat given how drat good Crackdown 1 was and how incredibly, stupidly easy it would have been to make a great sequel.

crackdown 3 will probably be cancelled

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seriously, wouldn't Smash Brothers be so much better if instead of dealing damage you had to gather up special meter which when spent might let you kill an opponent and some characters can easily kill with a single bar of supers while others have to earn 3 bars for the same hope???

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

I just wish it wasn't bad and was good instead.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Xenothral posted:

3D runs can be good, but I only really get into em when there are hilarious amounts of broken glitches which Infamous doesn't really have.

Some are good but a lot of them tend to make my eyes cross. Probably why I also suck at FPS

Ramos posted:

Good news, Hollow Knight is coming up after this and Skyrim and that game is pretty fantastic. No idea about how it speedruns.

Super stoked for hollow knight those are great speedruns

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

beep by grandpa posted:

seriously this thread is the only chat experience you need tbh

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

F. Lobot posted:

Two actually, the moral and immoral spec'd Cole were two separate characters.

that's how you know allstars is a real fighter, there's a good and evil variation on the main guy

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Ganson posted:

Wario was playable in Dr. Mario 64.

Wario should not be handing out pills.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

that's how you know allstars is a real fighter, there's a good and evil variation on the main guy

But Wario is evil Mario?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Xenothral posted:

Not me, consider that I don't want a "good" non SA discussion taking away my precious posters from this thread. I want it funneled right here directly up my rear end (coincidentally where all of my posts come from)

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Xenothral posted:

Y’all could spin up a discord and have real time chat without the cancer

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

But Wario is evil Mario?

i never said smash wasn't a real fighter!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

a penus posted:

hell yeah, goons are cool and good

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I just realized TheMexicanRunner is doing Contra which is pretty cool, though I'll be more hyped to see him run Cuphead at sgdq.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hanales posted:

Y’all could spin up a discord and have real time chat without the cancer

*slamming fists on dinner table making it uncomfortable for everyone*

NO! Just post here!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

i never said smash wasn't a real fighter!

Do you kiss people with that mouth???

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

hanales posted:

Y'all could spin up a discord and have real time chat without the cancer
But we're here to prevent cancer? :confused:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

a penus posted:

This is correct.

beep by grandpa posted:

Not me, consider that I don't want a "good" non SA discussion taking away my precious posters from this thread. I want it funneled right here directly up my rear end (coincidentally where all of my posts come from)

I still wouldn't participate in Twitch chat even if it was good, I just want people that do participate in it to not be bad.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

NO! Just post here!!!

:yeah: :agreed: :justpost:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Shindragon posted:

Sadly no, because most games get submitted early in the year and Mario Odyssey was late in 2017.

I can't wait to see some 2P runs of that game.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

NO! Just post here!!!

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I've only just noticed the binary counter running behind the regular counter. That's really cool.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

Do you kiss people with that mouth???

not lately, unless you're offering

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

How is it that you can have any number of cool super powers and developers still make them into guns? Look at this sniper rifle crap.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What year was it where we kept making fun of the guy for asking "Can someone explain to me what's so great about TAS runs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Because sometimes you need to slap someone from long distance. Guns are easy to do that.

• Locked thread