Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Killed By Death posted:

GT Final Bout as a Fisticuffs, and not a Scrublords? What? That game is trash!

They didn't want to make two custom DBZ-themed intros I imagine, because they all admit this may be the worst game they've played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Matt thinks SS4 is cool.

Matt was never good.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

SS4 is still the coolest DBZ thing what is wrong with you

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mandrel posted:

:psyduck:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mandrel posted:

I want to put you on blast for having bad taste, but I'm a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken x10 fan so not sure I'm the one to deliver that message.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nothing good came out of GT

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
SS4 was cool as hell, nerds, and it 100% was better than blue

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the best saiyan transformation is [GOLDEN APE]

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mandrel posted:

sexpig by night posted:

:chloe:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SS4 had a good concept with bringing the monkey theme back around but it looked like absolute dogshit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

SS4 had a good concept with bringing the monkey theme back around but it looked like absolute dogshit

gt.txt

Interesting ideas but all of it turned out to be garbage

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

100% wrong.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

every day we stray further from god’s light smh

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dbz was never good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm personally shocked that using every bit of ki in their blasts wasn't how DBZ ended up in Super. I thought people'd be firing golden Kamehamehas-or equivalent- because they went from Super Saiyan to base form.

Or that people aren't fusing on top of fusing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Dbz was never good

dbz was always good

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
As if to placate you dorks and your semi-ironic championing of your favourite transformations, Plague has just put up another DB vid.

This time it’s about time travel.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Andrast posted:

dbz was always good

Let's Go DBZ

Nilbop posted:

As if to placate you dorks and your semi-ironic championing of your favourite transformations, Plague has just put up another DB vid.

This time it’s about time travel.

Oh god yes, hook it up to my veins.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Sanguinia posted:

Oh god yes, hook it up to my veins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irdyFeo9AH4

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ssj4 is the worst cause it's ugly as gently caress and goes back to weird Saiyin genetic superiority granting power over personal development and the improvement of the self which is Goku's one true virtue.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dragon Ball Super rules. Kefla for FighterZ.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/950205326464188417

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Honestly, lost interest in Dragon Ball after Super. On the other hand,My Hero Academia (or Boku no Hero Academia if you're a weeb) is loving sweet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Honestly, lost interest in Dragon Ball after Super. On the other hand,My Hero Academia (or Boku no Hero Academia if you're a weeb) is loving sweet.

The previous arc in MHA was pretty poo poo

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Andrast posted:

The previous arc in MHA was pretty poo poo

Still better than Super by a country mile.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Super has been pretty good after they got done with the dumb rehashes of the two movies

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

And now they're on a boring tournament arc. On the other hand, MHA had a really good tournament arc. Edit: I will admit, I didn't mind the Zamas/Goku Black arc. But after that I lost interest when it devolved into tournaments.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 8, 2018

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

VolticSurge posted:

Besides pure nostalgia, explain how Dragonball kept your attention through all the stupid poo poo in the Buu saga, plus GT, yet Super is where you lose interest. Super has a lot of problems, but they're all the same problems Z had in the first place. It's also had some genuinely good trends, like de-emphasizing power levels and Beerus and Whis being generally great.

Andrast posted:

Super has been pretty good after they got done with the dumb rehashes of the two movies

Animation wise yes, but Black and the current Tournament both have poor pacing (nothing compared to Z but still). I'm also still mad Buu didn't get put in the tournament; they hyped it up so much, plus it's a ring-out style tournament, so Buu's invincibility isn't as much of a writing hurdle as usual. But no, we get jobber-rear end Tien because gently caress me I guess.

I still do like it overall.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 8, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

And now they're on a boring tournament arc. On the other hand, MHA had a really good tournament arc.

The tournament arc has had some rad poo poo in it

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

The tournament arc has had some rad poo poo in it

Ribrianne for DB Fighterz, unironically.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Besides pure nostalgia, explain how Dragonball kept your attention through all the stupid poo poo in the Buu saga, plus GT, yet Super is where you lose interest. Super has a lot of problems, but they're all the same problems Z had in the first place. It's also had some genuinely good trends, like de-emphasizing power levels and Beerus and Whis being generally great.

Stopped watching Z after the Cell Saga ended, that felt like a good stopping point for me. Never watched GT.So the personal attack was unwarranted. Then I found out about Super and I thought "this looks cool". Then I watched it and I was bored out of my skull. A while later I was able to sit through the Zamas arc before losing my interest.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Stopped watching Z after the Cell Saga ended, that felt like a good stopping point for me. Never watched GT.So the personal attack was unwarranted. Then I found out about Super and I thought "this looks cool". Then I watched it and I was bored out of my skull. A while later I was able to sit through the Zamas arc before losing my interest.

So you skipped the best arc of Z for no reason?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Andrast posted:

So you skipped the best arc of Z for no reason?
I'd heard...unflattering things about that arc from my friends. In other words:

hoobajoo posted:

all the stupid poo poo in the Buu saga

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dragon ball is at its best when it's gloriously dumb

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

VolticSurge posted:

So the Cell saga is where you lost interest, not Super. Also, never personally attacked you, I just said the Buu saga has dumb poo poo in it. Which it does; I like the Buu saga, to be clear, but it has plenty of undeniably stupid poo poo in it all the same. Which is why I couldn't fathom someone going through that and getting suddenly turned off by Super. If you watched the Cell saga ages ago then joined us in the modern day, I can see that.

Andrast posted:

Dragon ball is at its best when it's gloriously dumb

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

So the Cell saga is where you lost interest, not Super. Also, never personally attacked you, I just said the Buu saga has dumb poo poo in it. Which it does; I like the Buu saga, to be clear, but it has plenty of undeniably stupid poo poo in it all the same. Which is why I couldn't fathom someone going through that and getting suddenly turned off by Super. If you watched the Cell saga ages ago then joined us in the modern day, I can see that.

That is pretty much what happened,yeah. I hadn't paid ANY attention to the series after the Cell Saga was over. One day, a friend of mine was like "hey here's this cool new Dragonball series" and I was like "Neat". Then I watched it. And yes, I did hear about GT( mostly because I mistakenly assumed that was the "cool new series"), but I got as far as the opening before going "Nope" and backing the gently caress out. Sounds like I made the right call.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 8, 2018

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

VolticSurge posted:

That is pretty much what happened,yeah. I hadn't paid ANY attention to the series after the Cell Saga was over. One day, a friend of mine was like "hey here's this cool new Dragonball series" and I was like "Neat". Then I watched it.

I stopped watching DB after Buu first aired ages ago; I didn't care about the movies and actively hated GT. I went to check out Super once I heard the phrase "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" on the podcast, and I had the opposite reaction, funny enough. Super is all the dumb stuff I like in DB (light tone, absurd scale, Goku being a dumbass) with the dumb stuff I don't like taken out or dialed back (giant muscles, power level numbers, mediocre melodrama).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

I stopped watching DB after Buu first aired ages ago; I didn't care about the movies and actively hated GT. I went to check out Super once I heard the phrase "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" on the podcast, and I had the opposite reaction, funny enough. Super is all the dumb stuff I like in DB (light tone, absurd scale, Goku being a dumbass) with the dumb stuff I don't like taken out or dialed back (giant muscles, power level numbers, mediocre melodrama).

I mostly got burned out because the movie arcs loving dragged then there was some filler (from what I remember). Then the Zamas arc happened, but by then, well, I was kinda too bored to continue past that. Perhaps if I'd jumped in on a later date I'd have enjoyed it more.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The best way to watch Super is to skip the beginning by just watching the movies and continuing from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Andrast posted:

The best way to watch Super is to skip the beginning by just watching the movies and continuing from there

Probably should have, in hindsight. Edit: But I still don't regret getting into My Hero Academia at all. I've been loving Season 1 so far.