Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

hey everyone. i just finished the main story and got to 20, what should i do now? this is the first console game i've played in years and i've been having a lot of fun :)

Don’t shard any purple guns unless you have a duplicate. There is enough vault space to keep most of then without worry, and it can be tricky to tell what is garbage and what is a rare gem (Antiope, Manannan, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
awesome, thanks you guys! my xbox username is Sparrowface. i’m in europe so i’m not sure how it works with adding people and everything - can you just play with anyone?

also man, this game reminds me a lot of phantasy star online. i think that’s why i’ve been digging it so much.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Platform locked, sadly. But yeah, the milestones should guide you to stuff to do. Note there's some blue flags on each world map for optional adventures that kind of unlock a bunch of weapons, IIRC. And are you know, stuff to do.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lovechop posted:

hey everyone. i just finished the main story and got to 20, what should i do now? this is the first console game i've played in years and i've been having a lot of fun :)

1. Horde blue scout rifles, you'll need 5 per character to disassemble for one of the exotic quests
2. Save the exotic quests and weekly milestones (the blue adventures on the minimap) for when your light hits the pre-mod wall (was 280 but is now probably 300)
3. Do not visit the subreddit.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lovechop posted:

awesome, thanks you guys! my xbox username is Sparrowface. i’m in europe so i’m not sure how it works with adding people and everything - can you just play with anyone?

also man, this game reminds me a lot of phantasy star online. i think that’s why i’ve been digging it so much.

Apply to Bone Krew via the Bungie app. One day the Self appointed slack admin-King will eventually get off his self important rear end and add you to the com channel, but you should be able to quickly get into the clan itself via the app and see people online.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I would also ignore the negativity the game is very fun till you hit the point where theres nothing new. That point comes faster than expected for some but if this is truly the first console game in years than all the reintroduced D1 content will still be new too so just have fun and crank out the milestones you want.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
As Destiny doesn't need a sub, I am a lot more forgiving of it running out of poo poo to do. OTOH CoO felt a bit thin for it's price point.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Hi I'm the bitch rear end self-appointed admin-king and if you apply to the clan I'll approve it. We recently had a spot open up in the slack too if you're interested

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
hey the big dog store is running clearance sales do you need anything

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ZeusCannon posted:

I would also ignore the negativity the game is very fun till you hit the point where theres nothing new. That point comes faster than expected for some but if this is truly the first console game in years than all the reintroduced D1 content will still be new too so just have fun and crank out the milestones you want.

Yeah, this. At some point the game will stop prompting you to do new things and at that point feel free to put it down if you can't think of a specific activity you want to do for random loot drops or for its own sake. But until you hit that point, the shooting is really drat good

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Hi I'm the bitch rear end self-appointed admin-king and if you apply to the clan I'll approve it. We recently had a spot open up in the slack too if you're interested

new destiny expansion: rise of the bitch king

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

wintrrmute posted:

new destiny expansion: rise of the bitch king

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Des2ny: echoes of slack

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I will help you shoot mans.

Gunshow_Poophole

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Gunshow_Poophole

Username/username combo

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
The Colony is a silly silly gun.
https://i.imgur.com/GBwNKrB.gifv

Also from this weekend, this amazing grenade toss by BettySpaghetti giving us that win. :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/aeYlqSp.gifv

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 8, 2018

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

quote:

The current trails/crucible system that matches based on location is easily exploitable using a VPN. 

Basically, by sharing a VPN, clan members are able to consistently match with their own if their group is big enough. I know because my own clan members invited me to join them to cheese flawless wins (also why I'm using a smurf account). 

https://imgur.com/a/7YqYk

What does this do? Do they end up in a lobby by themselves and autowin or do they get so laggy that they're invincible?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

QuasiQuack posted:

What does this do? Do they end up in a lobby by themselves and autowin or do they get so laggy that they're invincible?

They match their mates who are on throw away accounts. They win one round (otherwise it doesn't count) and then thwir mates leave. Giving them the win.

But who cares they are duds. They lose every game they don't match their mates haha.

Still funny though

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That sounds like a lot of effort for very little gain lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

QuasiQuack posted:

That sounds like a lot of effort for very little gain lol

Yeah i don't know why anyone would do this unless you're complete poo poo and want to get 7 wins for the loot?

:shrug:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Only 133k accounts played trials this week.

13k of them were on PC :lol:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Yeah this game is pretty much dead. Only a single dude in my 60+ strong clan logs in with any regularity and all he does is bitch about Bungie's poo poo design decisions and rage when he dies to "bullshit" in PvP.

I'm playing Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. A much better (topdown turnbased) shooting game, with more unique looking loot, tons of hidden collectibles, a better story and more likable characters than d2.

(I'm only half joking)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I want this weapon in d2

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CheeseFactory posted:

Only 133k accounts played trials this week.

13k of them were on PC :lol:

trials is toxic poo poo.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

QuasiQuack posted:

I want this weapon in d2

That owns

But also yeah I'd love a bunch of weapons that were explicitly designed to be fun in a videogame that remembers that fun is the ultimate goal of videogames, but instead we got the D2 spreadsheet meta

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SlimGoodbody posted:

That owns

But also yeah I'd love a bunch of weapons that were explicitly designed to be fun in a videogame that remembers that fun is the ultimate goal of videogames, but instead we got the D2 spreadsheet meta

The ultimate goal of D2 isn’t fun it’s spending money in an addictive fashion to gamble on loot boxes.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The ultimate goal of D2 isn’t fun it’s spending money in an addictive fashion to gamble on loot boxes.

God that's depressing. I hadn't thought of it that way, but it really is. And to think this all began with horse armor DLC in an Elder Scrolls game.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Nancy “Blowjob Queen of Hollywood” Reagan Voice] Just Say No

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

Solution: be a liquid playboy with self control.

At least once a page, somebody details how the game suffers from the existence of eververse. It's not just the gamer suffering the loss of tenbux

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SlimGoodbody posted:

That owns

This is precisely why I hate the warlock glitch and shadow hunters in mayhem.

Stop killing the fun of a fun game mode.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wazzit posted:

The Colony is a silly silly gun.
https://i.imgur.com/GBwNKrB.gifv

What scout rifle is that?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

looks like trials

also, yeah, the colony is dope

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

At least once a page, somebody details how the game suffers from the existence of eververse. It's not just the gamer suffering the loss of tenbux

No you see it’s super easy for everyone to just ignore the microtransaction shop, which is why almost every AAA title has one and why entire sectors of mobile gaming are dressed up slot machines that don’t pay out real money.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I maintain lack of an endgame is everything wrong with Eververse. I'm seeing now there's deeper issues with microtransaction implementation in cases, for sure, but a Destiny 2 that played like Destiny 1 wouldn't be getting this heat. Few would care. Not to say it would be good for the game, I just don't see how this exact iteration of Eververse would be a problem in any way if D2 played the way everyone wanted on release.

I don't know enough on the topic, I'm not very knowledgeable about gaming today, I admit, but for now I remain the advocate of this devil.

E: Also I am retarded, full disclosure.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Inspector_666 posted:

Purpose the season 2 Trials Scout. It's very good, it's like a Nameless Midnight with a slightly higher rate of fire.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think in the ideal world, they would have branded The Red War as another expansion disc like they did with The Taken King. But they used Destiny 2 to try and back themselves out of a number of the corners they painted themselves into with Destiny 1 and instead went way too far trying to "open" the playing field.

My most major complaint is that they couldn't even be bothered to update the title screen for Curse of Osiris.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wazzit posted:

Purpose the season 2 Trials Scout. It's very good, it's like a Nameless Midnight with a slightly higher rate of fire.

Oh, does it require a trip to the lighthouse or whatever it's called now?

poo poo, is Trials going now? I don't even know.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

^burtle posted:

My most major complaint is that they couldn't even be bothered to update the title screen for Curse of Osiris.

This, and icon on the home screen. Like, Bungie. Hey, guys. Maybe the giant as gently caress 2 over the burning ruins of everything we fought for in D1 is bad branding and you should get away from it. Maybe? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's been awhile but didn't Bungie only ever update D1's icon for the yearly expansions and at the very end for Age of Triumph?