Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The irony is that you can’t sell a house without your spouse’s signature (even if you purchased it solo), but you can buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm not saying its a good idea.

Turns out neither of them like the HRV that came around the last time it happened.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Anybody notice the NHTSA "Is today your day you get a DUI?" ads change the date to match the day they're broadcast?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Solkanar512 posted:

Also, every smug luxury car brand where the person is always looking out the window for a new SUV/Crossover/Minivan since for Xmas. Because if you have enough money* to get a new luxury SUV for Xmas you have have enough money to be put up against the wall when the revolution comes.

:chloe:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

So what boring SUV did you go with?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Happy Honda Days, y’all!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Beastie posted:

Happy Honda Days, y’all!

Holiday rooooooaaaaaaadddddddddd

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Fox is really pushing their new show LA to Vegas; so much that I want it to fail.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Fox is really pushing their new show LA to Vegas; so much that I want it to fail.

They did this with The Orville and it turned out being good

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElCct7U34bM

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That ad is forever linked to Christmas season along with the "He does exist" M&M Ad, Jingle bell Kiss ad, and formerly aired Flintstone ad.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

vyst posted:

They did this with The Orville and it turned out being good

Lightning will not strike twice.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Subway way where the guy tries to sing about the reuben over that awesome mo-town song is annoying. The guys voice is annoying, his purposeful mistiming is annoying, and who would get a reuben from Subway is dumb to being with.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Carvana, your commercial does indeed suck.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

As a born Floridian, this ad speaks to my Christmas experience much more than most.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

WampaLord posted:

And yes, it's loving terrible and it's everything I hate about the Protestant Work Ethic bullshit this country loves to fetishize.

"Some days, my back pain was so excruciating my boss had to send me home from work..."

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Carvana, your commercial does indeed suck.

Which one? I actually kinda like the one where the wacky waving inflatable guy goes home and buys a car online, then taunts his old boss with it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

DizzyBum posted:

Which one? I actually kinda like the one where the wacky waving inflatable guy goes home and buys a car online, then taunts his old boss with it.

Maybe that one? If they cut the horrendous auto tuning, it'd be passible.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There's a new Delta ad that's come up on the Comcast app implying people who take early flights are the best people in the world.

A) this is insulting to someone who can't take a 5am flight
B) the words they're using implies that only people who take early flights are good
C) why the gently caress are you using the "hi-ho- it's time to work we go" song while someones pulling a bag at an airport followed by videos you showing happy families hanging out coincide? Yes the majority of 5am customers are probably business people but you really shouldn't be alienating anyone else. I take 5 am flights cause I don't like lines and like to be places early, and in the way they're saying it, it sounds like they are just ignoring those types of customers.
D)people who already take 5am flights have already been doing so
E)you're not going to convince someone to take a 5am flight with this garbage commercial.

And also this is during a "life in prison show." Very appropriate.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 28, 2017

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The point of the ad isn't to get people to take early morning flights it's to make the business people who do feel good and have positive associations with the airline.

I think you're reading too much into this one but haven't seen it in a little while.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 28, 2017

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah, you're not really going to sell anyone a flight with that ad, to do that you show cheap rear end prices to pretty beaches. That ad is to make the slaves to capitalism that are already stuck waking up at 2 am to catch a flight think "hmm maybe I will hate my life slightly less if I take Delta; they value me" as they cram themselves into a child-sized seat sealed into an ill-maintained flimsy aluminum tube filled with other people's recycled farts hurtling through the air at 500 miles per hour.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah I think if one of your complaints is that the commercial isn’t going to convince you to take a 5am flight, then the commercial wasn’t for you. The point is to convince those that already fly at 5am to fly with Delta and not with another airline, because Delta thinks you’re awesome for flying at 5am Mr. Hardworking Business Traveller Man/Woman.

Rest assured that if you’re not a business traveler, any commercial like that isn’t for you. In fact, the only airline commercial that is for you is the Southwest “bags fly free” commercials. They’re trying to lure the leisure travelers that are probably on a budget. But Delta or whoever likely knows that most people don’t really give a poo poo and will just buy the cheapest fare. Business travel is their bread and butter.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
One point for Delta in the “truth in advertising” area is that their claim that the distances between Seattle and Tokyo (4779 miles) and Seattle and London (4781 miles) being the same is actually pretty drat close.

It was part of a campaign about making Seattle their international hub.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Benicio del Toros maniacal laugh at the end of the Heineken commerical weirds me out every time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zerilan posted:

The worst holiday car commercials are the GMC ones with the guy smugly one-upping his neighbor's holiday shopping.

I find it helps that BoJack Horseman is the announcer, and we all should know just how much he probably hates GMC a bit more than he hates himself

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZUBwcamSXU

gently caress you, gently caress Salvation Army

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This Sears commercial shows up on Roku free channels a lot, and it's generally okay, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lodz94hTQYA

Who is this woman? Why is she staring at us and making freaky hand gestures? Is this some weird dramatization of the company's ongoing collapse?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
dilly dilly

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Polygynous posted:

dilly dilly

I loving hate those ads so much. Stop trying to force a meme, Budweiser.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It’s working though! I hear that poo poo all the time.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I loving hate those ads so much. Stop trying to force a meme, Budweiser.

It is a meme now sorry dawg

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lavender Blue is something like 300 years old, so I don't think Bud gets credit for this one.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

StormDrain posted:

vyst posted:

It is a meme now sorry dawg

Well, at least I'm extremely glad the people I know have not started doing it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Oh no Jimmy from Zyppah has made his way to my area. I'd only ever had to hear that poo poo while traveling before now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

StormDrain posted:

when someone makes a christmas light display based around it yeah it kind of is working

Dilly Dilly

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What kind of prion disease do you need to have to start spouting catchphrases from commercials? It's a level of basicness that I can't even comprehend.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Henchman of Santa posted:

What kind of prion disease do you need to have to start spouting catchphrases from commercials? It's a level of basicness that I can't even comprehend.

I think it goes hand in hand with making dad jokes unironically

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauYnVE6ykU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bud

Weis

Er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There’s this ad for Microsoft 360 (PowerPoint, some3D thing)—it’s about seeing how amazing Microsoft is, using some company that makes pop-up cards ie birthday cards, and initially I was like, hey, Microsoft is pretty cool and innovating now. Then I noticed that they were using an Apple laptop with the logo covered over. Granted Microsoft itself doesn’t make computers, but hahahahahahaha.

E: I have to be vague but there’s a commercial for the company I work for that’s terrible and I know I could make a better, more public-influencing ad due to my art degree, but I have no way to contact the marketing department so the company is stuck with stupid garbage ads.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 8, 2018