Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Why did they play the sick STREETS OF RAGE song for like 2 seconds to replace it with a loving SONIC 3D BLAST SONG

WHTA

THE

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK

Just for you, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, Arkham Asylum run coming up soon! That's the only Batman game I've ever beaten. Hells yeah

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Has any Kickstarted game actually ended up good

Hollow Knight is my GOTY 2017.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

pumpinglemma posted:

Undertale was GOTY 2015.

HUG THAT GOAT

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

The intermission music has been on point. It'd be more on point if they didn't keep skipping the Streets of Rage music though. :argh:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Soup du Jour posted:

why does the saturn sonic 3D blast music never get any love

:yeah: I prefer the Saturn soundtrack over the Genesis one.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Wait

where was Jontron?

:haw:

Didn't Nier Automata get run within months of coming out?

JonTron was kept in A Hat In Time, more proof that that game is better because oh boy did Yooka Laylee make a big unnecessary shitstorm thrusting itself into that bullshit. A Hat In Time didn't do poo poo, didn't say poo poo and no one gave a poo poo. surprise (before someone gets up my rear end in a top hat jontron's is a stupid god drat idiot but makes good videos)

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

why does the saturn sonic 3D blast music never get any love

It's pretty good too but I think the Genesis version has more recognizable punch. At least it's not as bad as the jump from Genesis to Sega CD Ecco the Dolphin OSTs.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

CharlestonJew posted:

turns out reddit was right gdq sucks now

i mena i think its still good im just not really interested in anything till like wednesday with awful games. ive either seen all the games being played at every agdq/sgdq for like 5 years now or the games just dont interest me or are just way way too long

so yea it does kinda suck now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i kickstarted nier automata with the power of believing

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Barudak posted:

That run almost made Yooka-Laylee look like a fun game but then all the bits like standing around waiting for energy to recharge during the 4th phase of a boss or unskippable trivia sections rear up for why it is a bad game.

Yooka-Laylee is actually a pretty fun game and the quizzes take up maybe 2 minutes total of a ~14-hour game if you're going for 100% completion. Energy isn't ever really an issue because you're getting upgrades when playing casually.

edit: I played the PC version that the devs made, not the console ports with poo poo frame rates

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Mo_Steel posted:

HUG THAT GOAT

Undertale Done Quick.

That was such a good marathon ender. :unsmith:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
stream died again

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
the stream seems uh, not great this year

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Pants Donkey posted:

The deadline for submissions was after BotW was released. For AGDQ I think the cutoff was September or early October, right before Mario released.

True, fair, I just don't think it's unreasonable for them to throw in a surprise run of it on the last day. I'm 100% certain there are some of the better Odyssey runners at the event who could do it.

If not, my guess is like a longer category will close out SGDQ this year.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

JonTron was kept in A Hat In Time, more proof that that game is better because oh boy did Yooka Laylee make a big unnecessary shitstorm thrusting itself into that bullshit. A Hat In Time didn't do poo poo, didn't say poo poo and no one gave a poo poo. surprise (before someone gets up my rear end in a top hat jontron's is a stupid god drat idiot but makes good videos)

your bad opinion killed agdq

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

man the stream keeps barfing. I don't remember this being an issue in years past

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Can I get undertail on the Switch please

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dias posted:

:getin:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

Yooka-Laylee is actually a pretty fun game and the quizzes take up maybe 2 minutes total of a ~14-hour game if you're going for 100% completion. Energy isn't ever really an issue because you're getting upgrades when playing casually.

edit: I played the PC version that the devs made, not the console ports with poo poo frame rates

I played a launch version and hooooooooboy no.

I know they unfucked the camera tremendously since I played it but there are just so many little annoyances in it I'd be surprised if they got them all. They might have though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SoftNum posted:

man the stream keeps barfing. I don't remember this being an issue in years past

that's a medical condition

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
gdq was wiped off the face of the map by playtonic

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Did someone switch off the power strip again?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ThePagey posted:

True, fair, I just don't think it's unreasonable for them to throw in a surprise run of it on the last day. I'm 100% certain there are some of the better Odyssey runners at the event who could do it.

If not, my guess is like a longer category will close out SGDQ this year.
I have no idea what the logistics are like for a marathon, but I imagine they're pretty strict on the deadline. But they do have some impromptu runs added via incentives.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Stream still hosed I see.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I think I'll make a peanut butter and honey sandwich.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I'm surprised with how big GDQ is getting that there's no consistent lineup made with who runs tech and audio and all that. I guess since it's still mainly volunteer that makes it less concrete but man.

Also first days tend to be okay-ish in game quality most of the time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So, stream's dead again, eh.

I just had a Klondike bar. Was pretty good.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't it ironic that UA is supposed to be on the couch for the run that the stream dies for?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i can't believe ua tripped over the power lines in his excitement to see blaster master being played

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
92 pages already.. you're all a bunch of Megaman shrinky dinks.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
While we wait for the stream to come back up, watch this video of a funny bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU71BPG3MYY

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

the devs do not like jontron or his opinions but didnt want the game to get controversy like y-l did so they kept him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

jontron's videos aren't good lol

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I made chicken stew for several days. It needs more salt.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

raditts posted:

I just had a Klondike bar. Was pretty good.

Nice

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

beep by grandpa posted:

The hat in time creator is a doxxing, plagiarizing piece of garbage. No poo poo he left JonTron in the game.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

i am paul newman posted:

92 pages already.. you're all a bunch of Megaman shrinky dinks.

We just like having fun posting with friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

I have no idea what the logistics are like for a marathon, but I imagine they're pretty strict on the deadline. But they do have some impromptu runs added via incentives.

They have a couple of set-up blocks to deal with stream issues and game overruns, its why they can sometimes squeeze extra games in near the end, so who knows.

That said an Odyssey 100% run would be rawest of agony.

• Locked thread