Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

GDQ rub submissions typically end ~3 months before the event starts, incentive submissions end ~2 months. For this one it was September 20 of last year as the cutoff for game submissions, and October 27 for incentives. Odyssey could not have possibly gotten into AGDQ this year.

A BotW any% run managed to squeak into SGDQ last year solely because it was submitted as a donation incentive, I don't think it could have gotten in any other way. If a "recent" game gets into a GDQ it's usually a quick run that someone who was already going to be running something at the event could pull off; aside from being too recent to sneak in, Odyssey any% is still over an hour so even if there are people there who can run it optimally & consistently, it's not really something you can easily plug in-between some runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

Yooka-Laylee is actually a pretty fun game and the quizzes take up maybe 2 minutes total of a ~14-hour game if you're going for 100% completion. Energy isn't ever really an issue because you're getting upgrades when playing casually.

edit: I played the PC version that the devs made, not the console ports with poo poo frame rates

we've heard the conversation sound bytes I'd rather listen to hollow knight mushrooms going WAAH for 10 straight hours instead of the slide whistle

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Barudak posted:

I played a launch version and hooooooooboy no.

I know they unfucked the camera tremendously since I played it but there are just so many little annoyances in it I'd be surprised if they got them all. They might have though.

I played it in July so the major issues were probably patched. The only issue I ever had was that the physics sometimes looked weird at 60 FPS if playing the game at 100+ FPS. I don't remember having many issues with a crap camera, but it was also right after playing Sonic Adventure so everything is golden in comparison.

e: ^^ you can disable those in the audio options even though they aren't any more annoying than BK/BT/Animal Crossing/every other game that has fake speech

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Zivilyn Bane posted:

:yeah: I prefer the Saturn soundtrack over the Genesis one.

someone buy me a saturn so I can run this game at a GDQ and introduce the world to its insanely good special stage theme: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAaAlnSBVA

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I just ate some fish sticks. I like them like really crunchy. If you like fish sticks that bend you can gently caress off.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Pants Donkey posted:

The deadline for submissions was after BotW was released. For AGDQ I think the cutoff was September or early October, right before Mario released.
IIRC there was some weird pastebin drama about the BotW run, because the major runners had all agreed to wait until the run was a little more refined before trying to get it into a GDQ event, and the one runner who did it didn't get the memo (and also any% is not the greatest category anyway).

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i just ate a footlong subway ruben sandwich

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010
The plebs shall inherit the earth.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

she’s dead jim

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its dead

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
subway is gross

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
wasn't there some poo poo about the Hat in Time guy not paying artists or whatever? having jontron in your game is kinda lovely but not paying artists is way loving worse

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Zivilyn Bane posted:

While we wait for the stream to come back up, watch this video of a funny bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU71BPG3MYY

Is this the bird whose call is a ringtone?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Untrustable posted:

I just ate some fish sticks. I like them like really crunchy. If you like fish sticks that bend you can gently caress off.

If there's any moisture left in fish sticks after cooking you hosed up

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Zivilyn Bane posted:

While we wait for the stream to come back up, watch this video of a funny bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU71BPG3MYY

I watched this entire hosed up video!

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

The hat in time creator is a doxxing, plagiarizing piece of garbage. No poo poo he left JonTron in the game.

yo details man details

since the stream is dead

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

I played it in July so the major issues were probably patched. The only issue I ever had was that the physics sometimes looked weird at 60 FPS if playing the game at 100+ FPS. I don't remember having many issues with a crap camera, but it was also right after playing Sonic Adventure so everything is golden in comparison.

I'm going to blow your mind: at launch the camera was significantly worse than Sonic Adventure

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Xenothral posted:

If there's any moisture left in fish sticks after cooking you hosed up

That is the most correct thing I've seen in this thread.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

That said an Odyssey 100% run would be rawest of agony.

Currently world record is nearly 13 hours.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ElNarez posted:

wasn't there some poo poo about the Hat in Time guy not paying artists or whatever? having jontron in your game is kinda lovely but not paying artists is way loving worse

there was some wacky drama a long time ago but all the artists on the game have been paid.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

The hat in time creator is a doxxing, plagiarizing piece of garbage. No poo poo he left JonTron in the game.

Oh? Tell me more

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

i am paul newman posted:

92 pages already.. you're all a bunch of Megaman shrinky dinks.

Sir I will have you know I'm an expandy dink.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

the devs do not like jontron or his opinions but didnt want the game to get controversy like y-l did so they kept him

er who is jontron, why is he(?) in games and why do people care

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

subway is gross

subway is super gross, :agreed:

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Got a roast all set up for tomorrow but I'm gonna order a pizza and I can't decide what on it and from where :confused::confused::confused:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Musluk posted:

yo details man details

since the stream is dead

I was just wondering about that. I was like "oh cool AGDQ is on now" then "huh, guess not." :v:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

a.lo posted:

i just ate a footlong subway ruben sandwich

Are those any good? On the one hand ruben. On the other hand Subway.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I can't believe AGDQ 2018 only managed to raise a hundred k before it was shut down. Oh well, good stream everyone. Except for F-Zero.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh? Tell me more
i believe it involves TF2 maps and plagarism on hat in time guy's part

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ah, i see ua left the tech station to be on the couch and the stream instantly caught fire

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

The Lobster posted:

Is this the bird whose call is a ringtone?

Perhaps you are thinking of this birb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0vPzkkZag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eo-L_3OWAQ

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SoftNum posted:

Are those any good? On the one hand ruben. On the other hand Subway.

I had one the other day and yeah, it was fine. It was fine.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

subway is gross

It is, but I was looking at the Subway India menu last week and if American Subway had half that poo poo I'd eat there more than once every decade

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Subway isn't something I'd go out of my way to eat, but it's pretty inoffensive as far as fast food goes. maybe that's just locally. :shrug:

axeil posted:

er who is jontron, why is he(?) in games and why do people care

A youtube personality with Trump political beliefs.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Stream back!

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Stream's back!

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
I started a new game of Persona 5 during Capital B and I've already reached Sojiro in the time this blackout's been going

Oh hey, they're back

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Yea but when it comes down to it, I'd eat the subway sub

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

IT LIVES ONCE MORE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Twitch chat has apparently found a way to do something via free Prime trial so the jerkwads are back

• Locked thread