Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Mods are asleep, post pictures of Tide PODS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6SY0YQhRtk

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

thatguy posted:

Mods are asleep, post pictures of Tide PODS.

Challenge accepted. My glowing cat :

Bankaï > Kayak

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Zzr posted:

Challenge accepted. My glowing cat :

Bankaï > Kayak

I'm not convinced, I may have to see additional pics of Bankaï and Kayak so that a fair assessment can be made. :colbert:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Man I should get some of that.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If the cops come knocking on my door tomorrow because one of you idiots nix yourself by shoving a can of air freshener up your rear end I'm going to be pissed.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Is he dead?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

thatguy posted:

Is he dead?

Depends, are you considered dead if your brain is obviously not working?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Is he dead?

No, he's running the most successful crowd-funded videogame company in history.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

At this point I've started thinking about it the way that sportscasters talk about season-wide stats:

"You know Jim, win or lose here, I think it's important to remember that only three teams in history have ever ended a season with a winning record after taking a lawsuit in the first three games."

"That's right, Bob, and ya know, two of those three were the Dolphins, in '73 and '74 - their powerhouse offense really pulled them out of that early season slump, and I'm just not sure Chris Roberts has the leadership or the skill to really put that ball downfield the rest of the season and put this lawsuit behind him."

I sincerely hope you were channeling Blood Bowl here.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ayn Marx posted:

That's him in the wheelchair! The Warlord yells, as he siccs Legal on yet another heretic

Primaris Librarian not in blue; clearly a divergent chapter. Purgation protocols initiated.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I sincerely hope you were channeling Blood Bowl here.

I was not, just several decades of listening to people explain why the Eagles will always lose despite whatever flavor-of-the-year thing we think is going to make us win this time.

Is Blood Bowl good? Followup, is it good for someone that doesn't give a poo poo about 40K?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

I was not, just several decades of listening to people explain why the Eagles will always lose despite whatever flavor-of-the-year thing we think is going to make us win this time.

Is Blood Bowl good? Followup, is it good for someone that doesn't give a poo poo about 40K?

Blood Bowl is good. It's fun and has nothing to do with 40K, which is also good now.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

chris roberts

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ramadu posted:

chris roberts

:pusheen:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Primaris Librarian not in blue; clearly a divergent chapter. Purgation protocols initiated.

Your chapter gets a bigmar, and your chapter gets a bigmar! Every chapter gets a bigmar!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Blood Bowl is good. It's fun and has nothing to do with 40K, which is also good now.

Blood Bowl is one of their more fun games they abandoned. Like Hero Quest.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ayn Marx posted:

That's him in the wheelchair! The Warlord yells, as he siccs Legal on yet another heretic

Nice chaos space marine

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

also please change thread title to Star Citizen: The Stimpire Writes Back (intentionally)

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

It seems to my hash softened mind that CIG/RSI may not have resolved all the CryTek complaints with their response. Am I missing something or should we expect additional responses from CIG before the 17th?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
It really doesn't look like Crytek has a case.

Best case scenario is that this goes to discovery.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ramadu posted:

chris roberts

whoa hey just relax man no need for that

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Licenses are restrictive, they set out what you cannot do. They set limits and boundaries. The word exclusive in the context of a license is excluding something and that something must be clearly defined.

Source - one year working with licensing for audio/music which isn't much but gives me a fair, basic understanding. I'm happy to be corrected but I'm just calling it as I see it, Star Citizen was to be a Cryengine exclusive title.

Oh, I totally get that. The question is what they are excluding, and they haven't made it clear.

Take the following sentences:
Xbox is exclusively releasing Halo
Bob is exclusively listening to pop music
I am exclusively shitposting to the internet

Each of those sentences have the same structure, but the exclusivity refers to different things, because we understand the context behind each of them. Xbox is the exclusive in the first, being the only ones to release Halo. The pop music is the exclusive in the second, and Bob, when he listens to music, listens to nothing else. And in the last, it's the action of shitposting to the exclusion of other things I could be doing that is the exclusive, not that I am the only one, or the target. But any of them can be read differently. Xbox is releasing Halo to the exclusion of all other games. Only Bob can listen to pop music. Etc.

Because of a lack of punctuation, and a desire to keep the same sentence structure as the sub-sections either side of it, it's not made absolutely clear what the exclusivity is referring to.

"...Crytek grants to Licensee a world-wide, license only: to exclusively embed CryEngine in the Game and develop the Game which right shall be sub-licensable pursuant to Sec. 2.6"

Has been read as, even if some don't make practical sense, the following:
CIG must use the license to embed CryEngine in the Game, to the exclusion of other engines.
CIG, to the exclusion of others, may use the license to embed CryEngine in the Game
CIG, may embed CryEngine exclusively into the Game, and no other games, and develop the Game
CIG has exclusive use of CryEngine, no-one else can use it, which they may use to embed into the Game

Again, not a lawyer, but I think that agreement could have used some commas (and the one they did use seems out of place) if they wanted to make things clearer. It doesn't seem to me that there's a one true way to read that section, and it's compounded by the sub-sections either side of it which use the exact same structure.

Ubik_Lives fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 8, 2018

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Lol at Yela being a fully realized planet, just seems to be a streamed in crymap using some kinda trickery to me?

In ED, you could actually see the render distance and the planetiods internal mesh if you did go into it back in the day.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mangoose posted:

This god drat bullshit response is doing nothing for my space court blue balls. gently caress all of it.

I've been doing some soul-searching these last 30 pages or so, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm rooting for CIG, and I hope this case gets dismissed.

We're already going to see loving Chris Roberts blubbering about how he wasted hundreds of hours engaged in this stupid lawsuit, hours he could have spent on THE GAME etc, so no 3.1 until 2019, sorry backers. Crytek's fault. Pledge more.

If they settle and are on the ropes cash-wise already and run out of juice it's going to be a wet fart, the dream dies, sorry backers. Crytek's fault.

A jury trial is just more of the same, likely even more frustration.

If I'm going to be blueballed like this it might as well be until 2022 when I get to see them admit that their lovely 300 million dollar 10 fps boring piece of unplayable poo poo is in fact the MVP and they are held accountable by the rabid loving cultists in their community. That is my ELE, not this nonsense

I personally wouldn't mind an additional 5 years of gameplay. This thread is the best of timekillers.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Mangoose posted:

This god drat bullshit response is doing nothing for my space court blue balls. gently caress all of it.

I've been doing some soul-searching these last 30 pages or so, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm rooting for CIG, and I hope this case gets dismissed.

We're already going to see loving Chris Roberts blubbering about how he wasted hundreds of hours engaged in this stupid lawsuit, hours he could have spent on THE GAME etc, so no 3.1 until 2019, sorry backers. Crytek's fault. Pledge more.

If they settle and are on the ropes cash-wise already and run out of juice it's going to be a wet fart, the dream dies, sorry backers. Crytek's fault.

A jury trial is just more of the same, likely even more frustration.

If I'm going to be blueballed like this it might as well be until 2022 when I get to see them admit that their lovely 300 million dollar 10 fps boring piece of unplayable poo poo is in fact the MVP and they are held accountable by the rabid loving cultists in their community. That is my ELE, not this nonsense

This game is the Tim Buckley Thread all over again. The wet fart and death dream will also happen to the thread, and it'll be like the end of cheers

I do not mind the end of cheers at all

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661
2017-12-27 $149,847
2017-12-28 $141,118
2017-12-29 $143,248
2017-12-30 $128,102
2017-12-31 $135,254
2018-01-01 $105,806
2018-01-02 $108,695
2018-01-03 $100,408
2018-01-04 $95,074
2018-01-05 $100,820
2018-01-06 $127,076
2018-01-07 $114,727

Current tally: $2.198M

:rip:
Phi230
EminusSleepus
Lack of Gravitas
Sarsapariller
Drunk Theory
Mr Fronts
Quinntan
Thirsty Dog
VealCutlet
Golli
Jum-Jum
Goredema
D_Smart
intardnation

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lladre posted:

Blood Bowl is one of their more fun games they abandoned. Like Hero Quest.

It's back. And well supported.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fargin Icehole posted:

This game is the Tim Buckley Thread all over again.
Guess who backed Star Citizen.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

does anyone have the "here is how many citizens have died waiting for star citizen" image?

thaaank yooouuuuuu

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Ubik_Lives posted:

Oh, I totally get that. The question is what they are excluding, and they haven't made it clear.

Take the following sentences:

Each of those sentences have the same structure, but the exclusivity refers to different things, because we understand the context behind each of them. Xbox is the exclusive in the first, being the only ones to release Halo. The pop music is the exclusive in the second, and Bob, when he listens to music, listens to nothing else. And in the last, it's the action of shitposting to the exclusion of other things I could be doing that is the exclusive, not that I am the only one, or the target. But any of them can be read differently. Xbox is releasing Halo to the exclusion of all other games. Only Bob can listen to pop music. Etc.

Because of a lack of punctuation, and a desire to keep the same sentence structure as the sub-sections either side of it, it's not made absolutely clear what the exclusivity is referring to.

"...Crytek grants to Licensee a world-wide, license only: to exclusively embed CryEngine in the Game and develop the Game which right shall be sub-licensable pursuant to Sec. 2.6"

Has been read as, even if some don't make practical sense, the following:
CIG must use the license to embed CryEngine in the Game, to the exclusion of other engines.
CIG, to the exclusion of others, may use the license to embed CryEngine in the Game
CIG, may embed CryEngine exclusively into the Game, and no other games, and develop the Game
CIG has exclusive use of CryEngine, no-one else can use it, which they may use to embed into the Game

Again, not a lawyer, but I think that agreement could have used some commas (and the one they did use seems out of place) if they wanted to make things clearer. It doesn't seem to me that there's a one true way to read that section, and it's compounded by the sub-sections either side of it which use the exact same structure.

I keep seeing this coming up and I don't see what the issue or confusion is. "to exclusively embed CryEngine in the Game" means to embed it exclusively, at the exclusion of any other engine. That's a restriction of the license.

It is explicitly stated right there what the exclusivity is referring to, it is referring to CryEngine, "exclusively embed Cryengine".

Lots of people going round and around in circles on this, it's really simple and I don't agree that it's poorly written either. "exclusively embed Cryengine" means to exclude any other engine, "in the game" refers to the game which is defined, CryEngine is already defined, everything is there as clear as day and I don't know where all the confusion is coming from.

The word 'exclusive' is rooted in 'exclude', this is very basic stuff and I'm amazed to see such discussion taking place over a really honest to god straightforward piece of text written in the english language. You can unfold "exclusively embed CryEngine' into 'embed Cryengine at the exclusion of all other engines' but the meaning remains exactly the same.

This isn't even lawyering guys, this is basic communication in the english language. Jesus.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Potato Salad posted:

does anyone have the "here is how many citizens have died waiting for star citizen" image?

thaaank yooouuuuuu

Gosts posted:

My magnum opus is done

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Reddit person posted:

Just got the 3.0 starter package and took out my ship for a quick flight. The fact you can actually land on a moon and get out, walk around etc is AMAZING. The attention to detail in this game is superb. I am hoping this is just a small taste of what is to come but at the same time how can they hope to make a game that is actually THIS big like wow....

Even if this is a cash grab I feel like I got my $45 worth just being able to technically fly in space and land on a moon, good job RSI, I veteran backed this game 5 years ago I never thought it would actually manifest into something tangible.
Why do people hate their money so much?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
I need a Paaarrrrpppman shoop on this PLEASE!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Martman posted:

can't buy you love

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

that chatroll was hilarious lol

e: taxxe of Kayak being a good boy and helping me carry my purchases around Lowes last night

"I'm carryin' all this crap, and all you give me is a 'lil niblet?"

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Ubik_Lives posted:

Makes no sense. Perhaps you meant 'Halo is being released as an XBox exclusive title' which means it excludes other platforms other than XBox.

Ubik_Lives posted:

Means Bob is listening to pop music at the exclusion of other types of music

Ubik_Lives posted:

Means you are shitposting to the internet, excluding all other locations where one might shitpost

"to exclusively embed Cryengine" means to embed Cryengine at the exclusion of other things which might be embedded, and on top of that the terms of embedding Cryengine requires the logo to be displayed amongst other things, so by the loving build having the LY logo means that Cryengine is not embedded which is a clear breach of the contract on its face - and on top of that Cryengine is defined somewhere else in the document if I remember correctly.

I absolutely cannot see how any of this is going over people's heads but there you go. In the examples you give above what is being excluded is implicit, in the GLA what is being excluded is implicit in the term and explicity defined in what Cryengine is.

Now lawyers can go ahead and do lawyer stuff and dance around with all of this but the basic meaning of the term isn't up for discussion in my eyes, it's absolutely clear and straightforward imo. You don't need to be a lawyer to read and comprehend any of this, an education will suffice.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Martman posted:

The same reason someone thought this was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

no, your honour, i'm afraid you have the wrong man. i'm chris robert