Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the exceptional cuteness of these rats (plus actually meeting ((and making friends with :3:)) a pet rat for the first time this week) has been reson8ing with my zodiac signs and the fact that they are totally legal and require no exceptional license  unlike those chitty chatty kinda batty squirrels i adore :allears:  is rly temptin me to spend some govermit cheez on gettin rats to liven things up and to do like, silly rat things i guess? i miss having a pet, and idk if i could get one rn or not (but i kinda think maybe since its way more copacetic than the house filled with snakes my cousins got :sweatdrop:)

i am sure if things look positivish i will have more questions but rn i have 2: do rats tend to like music or at least not get all scared / bugged out by it ? do you have any advice for a total noob that wooden be covered in a howto or told by the person at the pet store?

a glitch posted:

Would also be interested to know this. My only pet experiance is with cats, who generally didn't give a poo poo about noise with the exception of Red Dead Redemption, which would freak them out.

The new rats are adorable! :3:

I love having rats as pets :3: they're generally low maintenance pets for the most part and I've found that the only things they really need are food/water, cleaning, exercise, and lots of love. They can be taught little tricks and come when you call them too. Rats like solving problems and playing games followed by treats as a reward. From having Coffee & Cream I really don't think they were ever terribly bothered by noise- if anything they would sometimes become curious and, I could be wrong, but they could even probably like music given the right rat and the right tune. If nothing else, I leave my TV on pretty much all day and they sleep/carry on with their business just fine.

Hell, I'm finding Vanilla to be the sleepiest/laziest rat I've encountered yet and she didn't mind at all resting with her eyes closed in my jacket hood on my shoulder while we watched Vegeta blast Dodoria to smithereens.

e: the rat thread in PI is a great starter read for people curious about getting their own ratties. I got pretty much all of the info I needed before I bought mine from the OP.
Honestly, if I can give any advice for things I would have liked to have known when I first got them it's only that (as I've said multiple times before) that they have short lives (only about two years) despite having such big personalities and forming strong bonds, and they can be prone to things like cancer and strokes. But even after Cream having a stroke and her passing I still wanted more :love: Plus it was helpful having a cage big enough for not just two (you'll want two), but three rats, so I could get another pair instead of just one (this way I'm not buying one new rat every year).

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 8, 2018

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
just found a bunch of crappy dvd movies in a glowing space geode

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Putty posted:

just found a bunch of crappy dvd movies in a glowing space geode

Hey cool come stream them for us. I want to know what a 90's space erotic thriller is like.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Hey cool come stream them for us. I want to know what a 90's space erotic thriller is like.

this is one of the DVDs which can be summed up as "space jumanji from the guy who wrote jumanji"

Other include Spy Kids 2, Shrek 2, The Lion King 1.5, and something about a horse

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Is lion king 1.5 like a Timon and Pumbaa spin off series?

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Is lion king 1.5 like a Timon and Pumbaa spin off series?

here is the cover for that except it doesn't contain ms paint star fox characters which are in this picture for some reason

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

You guys I just got a job as an in-home caretaker for a sweet little old lady and her adorable jack russel dog! I'm so excited

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I really wish the starfox/Timon and Pumbaa crossover would come through though...

Putty, what are you going to do with your treasure of space trash?

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the starfox thing is from some youtube thing called "Pooh's Adventures" and from what i researched it is just darkness

i've never streamed movies before so i don't exactly know how to do that and it would probably put my youtube in jeopardy

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Putty posted:

the starfox thing is from some youtube thing called "Pooh's Adventures" and from what i researched it is just darkness

i've never streamed movies before so i don't exactly know how to do that and it would probably put my youtube in jeopardy

Oh yeah, best not to then. You'll have to tell us how the jumanji rip off by the jumanji guy is though.

I Dunno

Poor jumanji guy doomed to make jumanji forever

Africa jumanji
Space jumanji
Hell jumanji where you unleash demons upon the earth, get dragged to hell, then escape only to have the devil pursue you to the ends of the earth demanding a fiddle-off

What other cool jumanjis are waiting to be made?

Manifisto

Scathach posted:

You guys I just got a job as an in-home caretaker for a sweet little old lady and her adorable jack russel dog! I'm so excited

congratulations! that sounds really rewarding, good little old lady times, good pup times!

ty nesamdoom!

Duckbox

Hello byob how are you tonight? I actually wandered in a couple months ago, but never posted a hello.

I was gonna post some pictures of my adorable cats and various backyard critters, but imgur hates my phone.

Anyway, I bumped into a skunk the other day while I was outside smoking and it was very judgemental.

Starman Super DX

Duckbox posted:

Hello byob how are you tonight? I actually wandered in a couple months ago, but never posted a hello.

I was gonna post some pictures of my adorable cats and various backyard critters, but imgur hates my phone.

Anyway, I bumped into a skunk the other day while I was outside smoking and it was very judgemental.

maybe he thought that he smelled a friend :3:

Tell me more!

Duckbox

He got like 5 feet away and did the little stomping and huffing routine, but was just like "hey dude" and he wandered off.

Starman Super DX

Duckbox posted:

He got like 5 feet away and did the little stomping and huffing routine, but was just like "hey dude" and he wandered off.

Another BYOB success story!***

***Successes include but are not limited too:
-Finding a loose nug on the floor
-Encountering a skunk and not getting sprayed by it
-Sleeping through work and then realizing that it's a day off

Tell me more!

sb hermit

I Dunno posted:

Poor jumanji guy doomed to make jumanji forever

Africa jumanji
Space jumanji
Hell jumanji where you unleash demons upon the earth, get dragged to hell, then escape only to have the devil pursue you to the ends of the earth demanding a fiddle-off

What other cool jumanjis are waiting to be made?

oregon trail jumanji

meat was not preserved with salt
so mayhem upon your intestines is wrought

you get dysentery

punchymcpunch

Scathach posted:

congrats thats awesome

Duckbox posted:

whoa

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

I've always wanted to know what birds like that get out of dropping things.

----------------

punchymcpunch

drilldo squirt posted:

I've always wanted to know what birds like that get out of dropping things.

its a lot of fun, try it rn

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
is space jumanji zathura. I think I saw that

the astronaut is one of the kids from the future

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

I Dunno

el dorito posted:

oregon trail jumanji

meat was not preserved with salt
so mayhem upon your intestines is wrought

you get dysentery

This is a good jumanji

Freakbox

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
The ring came! :dance: I wanted to show it off before I went to bed. it's a bit simple but I think she'll love it, and the opal is lovely.

please excuse my desk crumbs. :blush:

PS- Starman your new rats are adorable! Did you know scientists discovered that rats "laugh" when you tickle them? it's just not at a frequency we can hear without machines. :3:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 8, 2018

Scroon

That ring is a nice ring!

Way better than the ring I got:

Manifisto

Freakbox posted:

The ring came! :dance: I wanted to show it off before I went to bed. it's a bit simple but I think she'll love it, and the opal is lovely.

PS- Starman your new rats are adorable! Did you know scientists discovered that rats "laugh" when you tickle them? it's just not at a frequency we can hear without machines. :3:

wow that is lovely!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

v nice ringu

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Freakbox posted:

that's beautiful, and best of luck to you <3

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Robot Made of Meat

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

that's beautiful, and best of luck to you <3

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Starman Super DX

Freakbox posted:

Yes! I did know that :3: Rats are so smart! Compassionate too- I've been told that they've done tests on rat empathy as well which have shown that (after learning the association) rats won't take food or do tasks that might cause indirect harm to rat pups.

And good luck! The ring is gorgeous!

Tell me more!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
tailgating at the forum games
Representing forum 268! Woot woot! Let me hear you chill, everybody!

alnilam

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

tailgating at the forum games
Representing forum 268! Woot woot! Let me hear you chill, everybody!

who wants to do bong stands

ty manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

i will do the thing

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

Duckbox posted:

A box of ducks you say?

Fake edit: some one got the guys off a bunch of ducks coming off a truck saying "sorry"

sockingtonsworth

by the way, someone posted this in a discord I’m in. I’m amazed, they say they live in some little city and then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SAyt2m4FUw

sb hermit

sockingtonsworth posted:

by the way, someone posted this in a discord I’m in. I’m amazed, they say they live in some little city and then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SAyt2m4FUw

Those sheep are really quiet!

I expected there to be a lot more vocalizing.

sockingtonsworth

el dorito posted:

Those sheep are really quiet!

I expected there to be a lot more vocalizing.

they have a job to do, socializing is for later

Starman Super DX

am I the only one that feels like an evil wizard when wearing a Slanket?

...just checking.

Tell me more!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

I will take up the slack for our team.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Grace. Style. Cat bottom.

This is Jekyll, he lives with me now.