Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Darkman Fanpage posted:

taylor swift is a fascist
Well then, hail to the ducessa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dreddout posted:

Also, Tay Sway has no creative control over her media output, and her public face requires her to be absolutely apolitical. She doesn't have a choice in the matter. How do you not get this?

she could always quit, if it bothered her

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

got any sevens posted:

Why exactly should she be bothered by not being a #Woke #Brand? I thought that stuff was what we despised about consumerism, so why this weird hang up re. Swift?

Although it was tasteless when she partnered with Microsoft and went on a Nazi tirade on Twitter.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

Also, Tay Sway has no creative control over her media output, and her public face requires her to be absolutely apolitical. She doesn't have a choice in the matter. How do you not get this?

got any sevens posted:

These two things are simultaneously true, but not necessarily her fault. :capitalism:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Dreddout posted:

But they don't, and can't matter

The worse thing to happen to comedy was the absurd belief that it mattered in any real sense

Who said it did? It's only naive Americans and their ingrained false hope who think that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Umm, excuse me, Beyonce is political (for some forced reason)

When she had her backup dancers do black power cosplay, racism was declared immediately dead.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Whorelord posted:

Who said it did? It's only naive Americans and their ingrained false hope who think that.

I read this as native Americans and it seemed like a very weird sentiment

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Why exactly should she be bothered by not being a #Woke #Brand? I thought that stuff was what we despised about consumerism, so why this weird hang up re. Swift?

Although it was tasteless when she partnered with Microsoft and went on a Nazi tirade on Twitter.

she is a multimillionaire and that makes her human scum

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Terror Sweat posted:

she is a multimillionaire and that makes her human scum

Yes, so what exactly makes her different from any other celebrity?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

eat them all i say

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

eat them all i say

she's all bone and gristle, not good to eat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I fuckin love Tay Tay

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Whorelord posted:

Lmao that an Englishman thinks he has a distinct cultural context from Americans in the 21st century

The English speaking world has been a monoculture since at least the 80's

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dreddout posted:

The English speaking world has been a monoculture since at least the 80's

yes yes, Hong Kong and Edinburgh are peas in a pod

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

"IM NOT LIKE YOU, I SPELL COLOR WITH A U!" screams the anglo, as he listens to American popstar Taylor Swift in his lorry

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Subjunctive posted:

Nice to know we have victorian time travelers in cspam

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I fuckin love Tay Tay

unironically same

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ScrubLeague posted:

unironically same

A thing I did at one point and immediately erased was a one take live to cassette EP if me doing covers of lady vocals pop in my full throated howling punk voice and lol if u don't think u belong with me was on there

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
every time i go to a place with a touch tunes i play bad romance and shake it off i'm a 35 year old fat man

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ScrubLeague posted:

every time i go to a place with a touch tunes i play bad romance and shake it off i'm a 35 year old fat man

My old roommate used to get mad at me because the rhythm of the bridge in shake it off reminds me of the intro to baby got back so I'd yell that instead

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
MY EX MAN BROUGHT HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND AND SHES LIKE OH MY GOD BECKY LOOK AT HER BUTT

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I only listen to Radiohead b/c of the purity of their politics

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I only listen to Radiohead b/c of the purity of their politics

you have palestinian blood on your tiny trump hands you monster

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i guess taylor swift is another thing that goons can't talk about without causing long thread derails. i shouldn't have edited my post

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

nothing on the pop charts is political
i was referring to those godawful thinkpieces weeks before the election saying that she needs to take a side in the election. but katy perry's gone big into "music as resistance" in her latest album

steinrokkan posted:

Umm, excuse me, Beyonce is political (for some forced reason)
it's because she subverted mandatory sex appeal for a progressive political statement or some nonsense. that's one argument about her from my sister, who bonded with her fiancee over love of beyonce. while they're great for each other and i'm happy for both of them, that's the most white millennial poo poo ever

and don't forget the kanye west stans that think he's a revolutionary in spite of loving ben carson in the primaries and meeting trump at his evil lair before the inauguration

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

iirc kanye congratulated trump for winning and offered to play at the inauguration but trump's people told him he wouldn't be performing because they wanted (((american music))) or something

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

steinrokkan posted:

I think the girl who started out as a starlet in the conservative country music circuit should embrace radical Maoism, it is the logical step in today's political climate.

oh that poor little multi-millionaire with no agency, how does she cope?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I mean, kanye also checked himself into a mental institution around that time, so

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the best thing that's ever been said about Kanye was by Bomani Jones, who called him a theater kid. when you accept that theory it all makes sense'

speaking of woke entertainment, what happened at the Golden Globes?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

the best thing that's ever been said about Kanye was by Bomani Jones, who called him a theater kid. when you accept that theory it all makes sense'

Oprah and Seth Myers made speeches in which they took the brave stance 'sex crimes are bad'

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Crane Fist posted:

Oprah and Seth Myers made speeches in which they took the brave stance 'sex crimes are bad'
that'll show THEM!

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

get that OUT of my face posted:

She's running.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://twitter.com/HickeyDevon/status/950203490185433088

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

420 Gank Mid posted:

oh that poor little multi-millionaire with no agency, how does she cope?

Steven Spielberg should start making snuff films featuring prominent billionaires to show the power of his agency. Is it too much to ask for?

ITT people asking for more woke brands, but unironically. I for one am just happy that I can safely ignore celebrities and brands in the political realm, and do not want them to intrude into it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Subjunctive posted:

Hong Kong is China.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
much to the dismay of the people who live there

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
And fans of their previously-awesome film industry.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Steven Spielberg should start making snuff films featuring prominent billionaires to show the power of his agency. Is it too much to ask for?

ITT people asking for more woke brands, but unironically. I for one am just happy that I can safely ignore celebrities and brands in the political realm, and do not want them to intrude into it.

If Steven Spielberg started filming himself murdering prominent billionaires I would join his presidential campaign team

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

moller posted:

sorry you can't appreciate Wolf Warrior 2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

moller posted:

that's -100 on your personal credit score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

trump is president mate