Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
2500 posts in the time I was asleep, nice.

Anything must see since infamous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Vaah posted:

Goodnight crew. I'm leaving the stream running overnight so I can sleep in fits and starts with AGDQ in between like some hosed up fever dream

That sounds like a terrible loving idea.

I'm gonna do this too.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Was that before or after Skyrim? If after, then emphatically no.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

It's weird seeing a Battleblock run without head swapping.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Skyrim was the next game after Infamous.

The Skyrim run involved rocketing off the back of a horse, warping time and space in the process.

And a wedding.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Skyrim was the next game after Infamous.

The Skyrim run involved rocketing off the back of a horse, warping time and space in the process.

And a wedding.

Poor marcurio had his heart broken twice

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skyrim had a good couch, the others had some good runs but pretty dull commentary at best.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

yea skyrim ruled. i've been in and out of everything since but ehhh.

i'm sure it'll pick up though. i believe in gdq

e: i'm excited for Gunner Heaven in a few hours, that games dope.

Ceramics fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 8, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hello posting friends was there anything good between F-ZzzzZzzzzZzzero and now? :)

that is to say, was yooka-laylee fun or a trainwreck?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Poor marcurio had his heart broken twice

But he just can't stay mad at the Dragonborn. Forgiveness is a trait of Mara after all. :kiddo:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Studio posted:

Greetings.... TO Germany :getin:

:vince:

As for GDQ picking up, I'm pretty sure it will.. I know a ton of people who won't arrive till Tuesday or Thursday or whatever, so I expect there to be a constant influx of audience members, viewers, donators and everything else.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Good morning to all y'all.

Looks like I didn't miss anything world-shattering. Here's hoping this day will be good, I'm looking forward to the NES/SNES block this afternoon!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Battleblock theater looks fun but it has a real tough job to top that PJ/Mecharichter run from a few years back.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TeaJay posted:

Good morning to all y'all.

Looks like I didn't miss anything world-shattering. Here's hoping this day will be good, I'm looking forward to the NES/SNES block this afternoon!

heck, same :hfive:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Your Computer posted:

hello posting friends was there anything good between F-ZzzzZzzzzZzzero and now? :)

that is to say, was yooka-laylee fun or a trainwreck?

It was a trainwreck, in that the stream crashed at the beginning, and most of the rest dropped so many frames it was the first live speedrunning slideshow podcast.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It was a trainwreck, in that the stream crashed at the beginning, and most of the rest dropped so many frames it was the first live speedrunning slideshow podcast.

a bold but risky way of shaving off frames, I see :thunk:

shame, I had high hopes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Your Computer posted:

a bold but risky way of shaving off frames, I see :thunk:

shame, I had high hopes

The run itself seemed alright. Apparently the frame dropping will be fixed when they upload the vod on youtube.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Thanks for the too tired;didn't watch recap.

I feel like tracking donation stats and doing analysis numbers, right now, it's just the hourly values and the pace it puts us on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3KTgd6Qz5c5PMPKSqdUjZmcq4EbsNPk5gGa0EIfkSo/edit#gid=0

Anything anyone particularly would be curious about? I'm thinking each hour's average over the week (ex: 1-2 AM each day, 1-2 PM each day), whole day average, game by game amounts, and maybe some kind of formula that gives a "balanced" amount per game based on the hourly averages (basically, games in the middle of the night don't get as much, even if they are good, what would they get if they were midday).

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Football is correct, only americans call it soccer

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I’m awake and ready for another day of AGDQ. This couch is really cool and I appreciate Active couches. How was Yooka Laylee? Anything worth watching between now and F Zero?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

So I’m awake and ready for another day of AGDQ. This couch is really cool and I appreciate Active couches. How was Yooka Laylee? Anything worth watching between now and F Zero?

Scroll from the top of this page

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this

Slickdrac posted:

Thanks for the too tired;didn't watch recap.

I feel like tracking donation stats and doing analysis numbers, right now, it's just the hourly values and the pace it puts us on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3KTgd6Qz5c5PMPKSqdUjZmcq4EbsNPk5gGa0EIfkSo/edit#gid=0

Anything anyone particularly would be curious about? I'm thinking each hour's average over the week (ex: 1-2 AM each day, 1-2 PM each day), whole day average, game by game amounts, and maybe some kind of formula that gives a "balanced" amount per game based on the hourly averages (basically, games in the middle of the night don't get as much, even if they are good, what would they get if they were midday).

If it's not too much trouble I'd love to see this plotted against previous AGDQs, with lines for when each game starts maybe (though at a point with short games you just get a blob of colour)?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Remember when Stamper got the donation reader to read a "loved one died from cancer" in an excited voice by accident? Good times, good times.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Any funny runs so far? I'm being told that Skyrim VOD is worth checking.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Rirse posted:

Battleblock later in the night reminded me of the funniest moment from two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Qt64qpHHw

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Skyrim best run of the event so far. Probably a good candidate 'til the end.

That happy cancer message was so hilarious and awful at the same time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TeaJay posted:

Skyrim best run of the event so far. Probably a good candidate 'til the end.

That happy cancer message was so hilarious and awful at the same time.

I like how the reader realized his fuckup as soon as he finished reading that sentence and just rushed through the rest of the message.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
BBT is an oddly chill run to wake up to.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dias posted:

BBT is an oddly chill run to wake up to.

Yeah I'm having breakfast and it's this nonchalant platformer I've never seen, just heard, before thing with weatherman commentary. Odd but I can't say I dislike it, makes for a nice morning.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fun fact: next game on the list (Environmental station alpha) is a Finnish-made indie metroidvania style game ... and that's about all I know about it. And the runner R3DninjaJOSH is the #1 on the leaderboard.

Need to get my shopping done but I'll wait until after that one.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People say good poo poo about ESA (not that ESA) but I never played it. It's early as gently caress here so it's not like I have anything to do, I'll probably just go grab a Coke at the bodega and enjoy my lazy Monday with some Not-Metroids.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

ATM Machine posted:

If it's not too much trouble I'd love to see this plotted against previous AGDQs, with lines for when each game starts maybe (though at a point with short games you just get a blob of colour)?

Plotted both of last years against it (without pace). Pretty sure I can't really do game start/end markers just doing this in Excel. Also, not going to do game analysis level data at this point for previous GDQs. That seems like exponentially more effort.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Isn't it about time this guy upgrades to GameGuyHD in tyool 2018?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

abraxas posted:

Isn't it about time this guy upgrades to GameGuyHD in tyool 2018?

Skip to QHD imo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i bet this guy can't even run in 4k

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

also is that guy playing a platformer on the keyboard? I can only kinda-sorta watch and only without sound so I dunno if there's a reason beyond personal preference but man I can't do platformers with a keyboard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

abraxas posted:

also is that guy playing a platformer on the keyboard? I can only kinda-sorta watch and only without sound so I dunno if there's a reason beyond personal preference but man I can't do platformers with a keyboard.

I beat Guacamelee with one, other than bindings it's usually comfortable enough.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

ATM Machine posted:

Psst:
http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq18/
(Feel free to change it to 17, 16 or sgdq for those)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

abraxas posted:

I'm not much of a platformer guy but keyboard didn't cause me any problems in Rogue Legacy, Super Meatboy, and few other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Mind you, I grew up playing on...a perfectly legal SNES/Genesis Keyboard Controller, so I'm pretty used to using keyboard for platformers.

• Locked thread