Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Got carried away with a glamour.

Now we just need to unsync Saint Mocianne's Arboretum until the coat drops for you, and we can be fashion siblings.

I wish that 4.2 would have given us dyeable Arboretum/Pharos HM gear instead of dyeable 4.0 stuff. It'd seem less :effort: and the gear from those places is solid at worst (Defiant Duelist, Ghost Thief) and amazing at best(Plague Bringer/Doctor, Daring Duelist).

HenryEx posted:

Is there a reason why queues for Dun Scaith seem to be even longer than for LotA? Been trying to get into it for the first time for days now but i always end up giving up on the queue. and doing something productive instead.

With Alliance Roulette being a thing, I wouldn't think the queue would be too terrible. Try sweet-talking a goon healer never trust goon healers into running it with you if you're going as DPS or tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HenryEx posted:

Is there a reason why queues for Dun Scaith seem to be even longer than for LotA? Been trying to get into it for the first time for days now but i always end up giving up on the queue. and doing something productive instead.

LotA is the first raid sprouts will unlock, Dun Scaith the second-to-last. Also way more lowbies are eligible for Crystal Tower than they are Shadow of Mhach, so the queues naturally lean that way as people use raid roulette to level up.

Mechadestroyer
Jul 22, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Might be worth it to set your duty finder to join in-progress groups too, every Dun Scaith i've done has had at least a couple of people drop out over the course of the run.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Funnily enough, i've only ever seen the raid roulette give bonus to DPS roles. Alas, i don't really have any DPS roles leveled. Always queueing Tank or Healer.

I'm always doing in-progress joins and even so, people really don't like Dun Scaith, it seems.

I actually got into Dun Scaith shortly after that post (complaining always helps) but the raid wiped a couple of times on Scathach and then vote abandoned.
(They also wiped on proto ultima)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Actually, speaking of...

The guide i watched mentioned some kind of handmaiden mid-boss, but no proto ultima. Did they actually change the raid after release, and if so, why?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

HenryEx posted:

Actually, speaking of...

The guide i watched mentioned some kind of handmaiden mid-boss, but no proto ultima. Did they actually change the raid after release, and if so, why?

The proto ultima fight was a fanfest thing and they added it into the raid as a way to incorporate the fight plus get some extra gear.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Basically, the Proto Ultima fight was a stand-alone raid showcased at the fanfest and it was really popular there, so lots of people asked the devs to implement it in the live game. Unfortunately the devs decided the best way to do that was to turn it into a mini-boss in an existing raid that had no thematic connection to Proto Ultima, which was a peculiar choice.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The 'why' is a good question that hasn't been asked/answered yet to my knowledge.

Could be that the Handmaiden was always filler in there (in addition to having oodles of health and mechanics which made you stop DPS on her for a bit she also did an unusual thing of dropping loot. Just a Blood Sword you can buy from the saucer, but still.) Since they made the Proto Ultima fight, but before release someone was like 'nah man, we gotta save this for the fanfest!' and they had to stick something else in there.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

WrightOfWay posted:

Only at max, but they scale linearly down to a minimum potency at around 30% iirc so if you are at 99% you're only losing like 1 potency.

(if they make blue mage a tank this is how white wind should work)

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm kind of curious if it's possible to design a tank that's mechanically different from 'high defenses, and has cooldowns to reduce incoming damage' that wouldn't gently caress over existing encounter design.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
My only disappointment with BLU in FFXIV will be that there is no goddamn way that BLU gets Bad Breath as an actual usable skill.

Best case scenario is that it's their LB3, and debuffs the poo poo out everything that isn't your group into achieving the same kind of damage reduction.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Nah, the class gauge resource is going to be halitosis. You build up your meter by using attacks to take bites out of enemies and spend it on big debuff cooldowns, single-target Burp and AoE Bad Breath.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Now we just need to unsync Saint Mocianne's Arboretum until the coat drops for you, and we can be fashion siblings.

Done! Abi thinks her glam is better tho.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

My only disappointment with BLU in FFXIV will be that there is no goddamn way that BLU gets Bad Breath as an actual usable skill.

Best case scenario is that it's their LB3, and debuffs the poo poo out everything that isn't your group into achieving the same kind of damage reduction.

Self Destruct will be the best BLU skill.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I took aggro from the first Connola spawn in the Scathach fight as a BLM, used Lucid Dreaming to get him off, and quickly regained aggro, thereafter the main tank brought Scathach over to deal with the Connla, after which the raid promptly wiped because they were too close and I got kicked from the party for it. Never been kicked before, super fun.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Shoutouts to Phenomenal Ajstyles, Hihimuko Pepemuko, Nill Gryzon, Alice Martel, Buffy Blackwood, Comfy Mom, and Sylvana Esperson for choosing all of the right (well sometimes center and left) doors.

https://i.imgur.com/YI6rdwD.mp4

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

One thing I miss about Alexander is the trash and the bits leading up to the boss fight. They really felt like it added to the sense of place you got, like you're actually exploring a giant colossal robot.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Note Block posted:

I took aggro from the first Connola spawn in the Scathach fight as a BLM, used Lucid Dreaming to get him off, and quickly regained aggro, thereafter the main tank brought Scathach over to deal with the Connla, after which the raid promptly wiped because they were too close and I got kicked from the party for it. Never been kicked before, super fun.

That fight is just a clown show whenever I get that in roulette now. It was like pulling teeth earlier trying to get people to deal with the add, but now it's something else entirely.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is there a quick way to change from a trade/gathering class to a combat class? Like, what if I get jumped on by a mob while gathering lumber?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there a quick way to change from a trade/gathering class to a combat class? Like, what if I get jumped on by a mob while gathering lumber?

You can't switch in combat, but to switch class all you need to do is equip the right primary weapon. You can create a gear set from the character panel to save equipment as well, so just click on the gear set you want to equip to change.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Schneider Heim posted:

Roll with your bird. (This is part of why they give you stealth though)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

vOv posted:

One thing I miss about Alexander is the trash and the bits leading up to the boss fight. They really felt like it added to the sense of place you got, like you're actually exploring a giant colossal robot.

Tbh that's still in omega, just in the solo instances you do while unlocking.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mymla posted:

Tbh that's still in omega, just in the solo instances you do while unlocking.

I don't remember doing any solo instances to unlock Omega.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You can't switch in combat, but to switch class all you need to do is equip the right primary weapon. You can create a gear set from the character panel to save equipment as well, so just click on the gear set you want to equip to change.

Can you hotkey your gear sets?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

You can put them on your hotbar, so yes. I just have mine tucked up in the upper-left of the screen though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I did the Binding Coil of Bahamut storyline with friends tonight.

I'm not proud to say that the scenes with Louisoix and the kids had me bawling like a baby. It hit on a lot of stuff I've been dealing with the death of my own grandfather, and it was just super emotional and well done in general.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Schneider Heim posted:

Yeah, just drag your gearset from the gearset list onto your hotbar, and assign a hotkey to it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

It was the thing you did fighting alongside Cid and Nero and Biggs and Wedge.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HenryEx posted:

I actually got into Dun Scaith shortly after that post (complaining always helps) but the raid wiped a couple of times on Scathach and then vote abandoned.
(They also wiped on proto ultima)

People still disband Raids on pre-Stormblood content? :psyduck:

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not proud to say that the scenes with Louisoix and the kids had me bawling like a baby. It hit on a lot of stuff I've been dealing with the death of my own grandfather, and it was just super emotional and well done in general.

Loiusoix is the real MVP.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's a pretty short thing that ends with a fight against a Behemoth.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

People still disband Raids on pre-Stormblood content? :psyduck:

my last (and only) doon skooty run post stormblood involved people wiping to the first boss 3 times and then vote abandon.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Never gonna Dun Scaith again, pubbies suck and I got the minion.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Dun Scaith has sucked since it launched because in general people are completely incapable of beating the last two bosses. Even when it goes to completion, it's usually a shitshow on one or the other. I'm glad I never have to run it again and that 24dr always plops me in Labyrinth. I'll take hilarious Ancient Flare wipes over the long drawn out death during the final boss.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm curious, how did you guys accomplish it? Unsync'd charging through?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I actually got a competent dun scaith run the other night. Lucky me, they're usually horrifying shitshows.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Most Dunny Skets are competent and complete without issue. The problem is that even then, it's much longer than any other option you can get in that roulette and not especially remarkable in terms of interesting fights, unless you find the entire lack of them remarkable.

Syrcus, LotA and Void Ark are all 15-20 minutes long and extremely easy to space out and complete. Anything else is bad luck.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 8, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Dun Scaith at least has an embarrassment of good music, though. Ferdiad, Proto Ultima, the Dragonball beam battle with Diabolos... goddamn.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Finally got back on the horse of levelling. Dinged DRK 68.

Turns out all I needed was to shell out for Edda weapons! x.X;;;;

Is it just me, though, or is Myste becoming an obnoxious little poo poo?

I want to grab him by his stupid pointy ears and sit him down for a good long lecture about how life has no meaning beyond the one that we craft for it, that we do what we do in memory of those that we have lost, and for the sake of those we may yet serve, and that ultimately even though sometimes it's all that we can do to look after ourselves that we make our legacies by looking after others. Also, prayers and thoughts are useless, actions speak louder than words.

edit: ....Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick with Mary and Judas, I'm turning into my mother.

edit edit: I believe I have made a mistake, with buying the whole pack. The scythe looks good on DRK, and it looks good on BLM, but it is way too skinny on WAR, like it would snap on the first Heavy Swing and I'm just bashing people with random parts with it on DRG and not actually using the blade. I am undecided on how it looks on WHM, I think I have to put together a glamour specifically for it.

Mymla posted:

I still have no idea how they'd implement dragoon in an MMO like this. The classic style of jumping and being gone for half the fight is untenable.

You're in luck! They rectify this with MMOs by having DRGs be dead half the fight!

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 8, 2018

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mymla posted:

I still have no idea how they'd implement dragoon in an MMO like this. The classic style of jumping and being gone for half the fight is untenable.
To be fair, falling off is less punishing since HW.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Got carried away with a glamour.

what helm is that?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

what helm is that?

The imperial shadow visor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I just have the base game form when it first came out, and I do not see a option to buy heavensward. If you upgrade to Stormblood, does it come with heavensward?