Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Your Computer posted:

isn't it a little early to be this angry

You're misreading the emotions there, friendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I'm the single visible person in the audience clapping

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually the developer

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Oh boy, a wavedashing game.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Developer on the couch hype

fake edit: First time a whole dev team has been on the couch? epic

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
A game based on a movement exploit from a fighting game. Should be good, especially with the dev team on the couch.

Edit: the movement and invincibility during dashes is cool, but I couldn’t imagine playing that world with invisible spikes

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 8, 2018

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
"Invisible Spikes" 🤔

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
eww, melee players

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Gotta give props to that one visible guy in the audience. Keep shining on you crazy diamond.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What time is it in the US even? It's 9am here, I'd be waking up right now if I hadn't fallen asleep early yesterday. Can't fault hungover nerds for taking it easy.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What is it about the tiles for the artsyle in this game that makes it look odd? Is it the resolution, the colour pallette? It reminds me of second tier japanese platformers but i'm not sure why.

Dias posted:

What time is it in the US even? It's 9am here, I'd be waking up right now if I hadn't fallen asleep early yesterday. Can't fault hungover nerds for taking it easy.

Where do you live? Iceland?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CJ posted:

What is it about the tiles for the artsyle in this game that makes it look odd? Is it the resolution, the colour pallette? It reminds me of second tier japanese platformers but i'm not sure why.
They feel kind of GBA-ish for some reason. Probably the shade of green used.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJ posted:

Where do you live? Iceland?

Brazil, GMT -2 right now. USA has so many stupid timezones that they REFUSE to use GMT for I can never tell what time it is there.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I like the sounds the cubes make when they float to the portal to the nightmare worlds. I guess this is a time for relaxing, zen-like indie platformers.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Dias posted:

It's just after 6am at the event.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dias posted:

Brazil, GMT -2 right now. USA has so many stupid timezones that they REFUSE to use GMT for I can never tell what time it is there.

US is -5 to -8, the event is east coast so it's 6am now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, it's Early As gently caress then. Anyone awake is either the earliest of early birds or a fuckin' insomniac.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Dias posted:

...what? literally every timezone in existence has a GMT offset, the venue where they are hosting this year's AGDQ is GMT -5.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

CJ posted:

US is -5 to -8, the event is east coast so it's 6am now.

Hawaii is -10 and Alaska is -9 :eng101:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dias posted:

a fuckin' insomniac.

hi

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

postmodifier posted:

...what? literally every timezone in existence has a GMT offset, the venue where they are hosting this year's AGDQ is GMT -5.

They have GMT offset but Americans just refer to timezones as Eastern or Central or Mountain or Pacific or Trump and when they have five different timezones (with DST added to the mix) it's a pain to keep track of it as a foreigner.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
this is a foreigner pleading americans to actually add the goddamn gmt time to their stupid local nomenclature every now and then when they expect people from other places to watch that poo poo

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Judging by the applause volume, there are a bunch of people in the audience but everyone except that one single guy seated themselves in the half of the room where they won't be visible on cam.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tyblazitar posted:

Judging by the applause volume, there are a bunch of people in the audience but everyone except that one single guy seated themselves in the half of the room where they won't be visible on cam.

Maybe they're afraid of being caught wolfin' down that free continental breakfast waffle in three bites.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is that final destination?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

That was a cute and enjoyable run

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh poo poo the next run is a CavemanDCJ run.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Good morning goons. Always nice to wake up to Advance Wars music.

Anything good last night since Blaster Master?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Production value right here.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
#unmuteblechy

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
who is the midget?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if making the chat sub only will lower donations, not like chat was ever good anyways, but would suck if it raised less money for it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
TMR is looking well-kempt.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wonder if making the chat sub only will lower donations, not like chat was ever good anyways, but would suck if it raised less money for it.

No one in Twitch chat is donating anything.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Came back in my room and heard the dulcet tones of Blechy on the mic :swoon:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nice, I'm back in time for Blechy, Mexicanrunner and upcoming Gunner's Heaven.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
TMR's accent is my life.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

C-SPAN Caller posted:

It's $80k behind the last event, but i don't think you can justify attributing that to the chat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Alisia Dragoon is an underrated Genesis game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It might be because there wasn't a particularly HYPE runs so far except for Skyrim, where you can see a clear viewer and donation spike.

Dias posted:

Alisia Dragoon is an underrated Genesis game.

Also tough as nails, but that's nothing new.

• Locked thread