Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I need to watch Crybaby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I use Kissmanga when batoto doesn't have something for whatever reason so I guess that for now?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Does Kissmanga have as many viruses in it like I've heard Kissanime does?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Knorth posted:

I use Kissmanga when batoto doesn't have something for whatever reason so I guess that for now?

Kissmanga uses bots to take stuff from batoto though, people can’t upload to it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Never been to kissanime so can't compare but I haven't had any problems with km, although I've got the adblocker so maybe that's helping

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

El Burbo posted:

Kissmanga uses bots to take stuff from batoto though, people can’t upload to it

Ah, well. At least they'll have the old stuff until a proper replacement comes along

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

browsing the internet without an adblocker installed sounds horrifying

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Kissmanga is a solid site,, I’ve used it for years since they upload at native res with full chapter view option. I hate clicking through pages on stuff like batoto. At that point I’d rather just download the manga and use Quivi

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been on Wikia without an adblocker and the site was literally unusable.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's also dangerous these days. Advertisers have been harvesting people's login details (they say they're only after usernames, but loving lol, literally anyone can buy ads), because so many people have auto-fill forms with remembered passwords enabled, and there's exploits that'll allow you to steal them from displayed ads.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I use mangago (but make an account and only visit with an adblocker it's got pretty awful ads otherwise)

People can upload directly to it because a lot of BL translator groups use it for that purpose plus it has more or less the same content as batoto, probably scraped directly from them or other aggregator sites :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I just use kissmanga.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

batoto never worked with any reader apps so I didn't use it even though I knew in my heart that it was the best

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wark Say posted:

poo poo, I forgot that dealio! Sometimes I forget that the only Takakura by birth is Shouma.

Someone with a better grasp of the English language has gone on to lengths to explain the strengths and flaws of Utena but yeah, it's pretty dang good.

As far as TBBT, I can tell you that, to this day, is the one show I cannot fathom how my mom still enjoys taking into account that she seems to be the furthest from the demographic

OK, that's the best thing I've seen today and you're awesome for bringing it up. :rock:

Only good zombie movie ever made.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Doge turned 12 today!

Yes that doge.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Maken X Another loving owns

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's also q hayashida as gently caress

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hidive looks good. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Maken X Another loving owns

now play the game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

now play the game

my pc can't handle good dc emulation or i would have played sword of the berserk

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Doing my 2 or 3 year check to see if anything else on the level of Lovely Complex for a romcom has come out in anime. I just want another from the girl's point of view and she's at least somewhat confident and not just a giant timid ball. Anything?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Someday I will finish Ouran

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DisDisDis posted:

It's ok. I do like the ending parts better than the beginning parts personally, but I'm the minority whose only read the manga

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

DisDisDis posted:

Be wary, brave watcher, for if you wander into the Host Club without caution, you may find that Ouran will finish you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Phones still can't adblock.

Which is loving poo poo because there a lot of legitimate sites that run ads that force open a Play Store popup, and even some good old fashioned "ur deviece has a viruz clik hear 2 scan" popups recently.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Allarion posted:

It's ok. I do like the ending parts better than the beginning parts personally, but I'm the minority whose only read the manga

oreos....... my brethren

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Which is loving poo poo because there a lot of legitimate sites that run ads that force open a Play Store popup, and even some good old fashioned "ur deviece has a viruz clik hear 2 scan" popups recently.

firefox for mobile supports ublock origin, works great on my lovely droid work phone from like 10 years ago. :shrug:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Don't forget WAP billing, too! That's lots of fun.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Almost certainly. I remember tons of dodgy popups when I once tried to open it on my phone.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Truga posted:

firefox for mobile supports ublock origin, works great on my lovely droid work phone from like 10 years ago. :shrug:

Also if you're on Android, Tachiyomi is a very good free manga reader.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you are a nerd you could set up Pi-hole to block poo poo at DNS level.

Helter Skelter posted:

Also if you're on Android, Tachiyomi is a very good free manga reader.

:agreed:

I mostly use it for stuff on Bato :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

horriblesubs literally only got stuff that was picked up by streaming services cause they directly rip from them
Uh, I remember at least 3 animes I got from Horriblesubs that wasn't in Crunchy back in 2013. Maybe it was only available for certain countries? Oh well.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They'd rip from other sites too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, back in 2013, I only ever used Crunchy and Netflix. It wasn't until... like 2015 that I subscribed to anything else.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Willsun posted:

Doing my 2 or 3 year check to see if anything else on the level of Lovely Complex for a romcom has come out in anime. I just want another from the girl's point of view and she's at least somewhat confident and not just a giant timid ball. Anything?

Have you watched Kamisama Kiss?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Willsun posted:

Not from the girl's pov, but Oremonogatari (My Love Story) is very good and sweet.
Sorry I'm not fully up on romcoms :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also the girl in it didn't seem v confident either, tho granted I didn't like it so I bounced off fast.

• Locked thread