Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak posted:

every country is racist and lovely in it's own special way, hth.

ahem, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

geeves posted:

Cool Hand, Luke

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if a seastead ever actually gets off the ground it's going to be entirely white but only because white people are the only ones dumb enough to try seasteading

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ate all the Oreos posted:

if a seastead ever actually gets off the ground it's going to be entirely white but only because white people are the only ones dumb enough to try seasteading

they won't be white for long; there will be a distinct tan or in the worst (best) case blue tinge within a few weeks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/MikeWehner/status/950089795908366343

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sapozhnik posted:

idk why my fellow britposters are always so sour about everything but i moved to new york and it's fairly enjoyable here i guess

then again i'm white and i hear that helps a lot

it probably matters less in new york than anywhere else in the entire world tho

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im @SuggestedTweet5

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I had math a teacher from France in university who just openly wished someone would bomb paris/france as a whole and end it for good.

sour french expats seeking refuge in quebec are a fun bunch

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I know a guy that takes his family to Paris annually and has been staying in an apartment for the trip since before that was the cool thing; I’m pretty sure, judging from social media about it, that he’s a Francophile and it’s basically him cosplaying being a cosmopolitan Parisian every year

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My college French teacher was an 80 year old old school French communist lady and it was so fun watching the Waukesha kids have their conservative world view assaulted bilingually.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i took french in high school and i think my sinus cavities or vocal chords are shaped completely wrong for the language

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sapozhnik posted:

idk why my fellow britposters are always so sour about everything but i moved to new york and it's fairly enjoyable here i guess

then again i'm white and i hear that helps a lot

yospos: i’m white and i hear that helps a lot

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fits my needs posted:

mods new subtitle for this thread please.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fits my needs posted:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

cis autodrag posted:

My college French teacher was an 80 year old old school French communist lady and it was so fun watching the Waukesha kids have their conservative world view assaulted bilingually.

Waukesha Blackshirts

eschaton fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 8, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cis autodrag posted:

mods new subtitle for this thread please.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

and whooo wee you do not want to get them started on the gypsies

my understanding is that this goes in just about all of europe

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i like the show gypsy sisters and my big fat <nationality> gypsy wedding

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

Voulez vous douchebag avec moi, ce soir?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yyyep. my old brit friend (of roma ancestry) always told me about how people would immediately just loving know he was one and sometimes call him slurs or stare at him and poo poo.

like the dude looked like a normal white guy with a light tan how do you europeans even tell :psyduck:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

fits my needs posted:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Xaris posted:

dash cams are pretty useful tho, i dont see how its an awful nerd gizmo? i also don't see how it supports vigilante fantasies, its funny to see youtube videos of people flipping their car or other dumb poo poo

i put one in my company car after several near misses with idiots almost hitting me bc california drivers are always on their phone. its mostly for insurance.
And yet there is no insurance company in the US that will offer you a discount for carrying a dashcam.

Such discounts are super common elsewhere though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Russian dash cam compilations rule

Except for the ones where people get super hosed up those suck

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it probably matters less in new york than anywhere else in the entire world tho

america in general, but new york in particular, is probably the best place in the world to be british. certainly a fuckload better than being british in britain, that's for sure.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
this is a bit tech bubbly

https://twitter.com/GordyPls/status/950271341797638144

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

like the dude looked like a normal white guy with a light tan how do you europeans even tell :psyduck:

Gitano t-shirt?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

yyyep. my old brit friend (of roma ancestry) always told me about how people would immediately just loving know he was one and sometimes call him slurs or stare at him and poo poo.

My mother is Puerto Rican and people around here think I'm Italian. My last name is Slovak. *shrug*

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

lancemantis posted:

I know a guy that takes his family to Paris annually and has been staying in an apartment for the trip since before that was the cool thing; I’m pretty sure, judging from social media about it, that he’s a Francophile and it’s basically him cosplaying being a cosmopolitan Parisian every year

to be fair doesn't being a french cosplayer just mean that he eats a bunch of cheese and wine? sounds like a good rear end week to me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ShadowHawk posted:

And yet there is no insurance company in the US that will offer you a discount for carrying a dashcam.

Such discounts are super common elsewhere though.

they will however give you a discount if you install a remotely accessible gps device in your car!

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the stage where you ask your buddies who do blacksmithing as a hobby how much it would cost to make a guillotine blade

they’ve definitely had at least a couple of white supremacists on Forged In Fire so they could totally do a guillotine special and have some willing participants.

anyways,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

duz posted:

they will however give you a discount if you install a remotely accessible gps device in your car!

my understanding on that one is that despite all the big data promises of better risk categorization from acceleration and GPS data, the only thing that actually turned out to be useful is the timestamps. take a trip at 2:30am and your rates will skyrocket because it thinks you are a drunk driving home from the bar.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

lol at voluntarily surrendering your location data to corporations because you think it benefits you

sent from my android smartphone

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Looking forward to the grimdark cyberfuture where people eagerly trade the ownership and licensing rights to their own genetic information for some swell coupons

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol jokes on them if they pay me for this genetic shitpile

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

23andmebates

now flip that around

"pro-alcoholic mutation? take an extra 25% off their first purchase of any 26 or 40 oz bottle"
"blackout monday sale: oakley now charges only a 50% surcharge to those with ocular disorders"

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

flakeloaf posted:

lol at voluntarily surrendering your location data to corporations because you think it benefits you

sent from my android smartphone

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fishmech posted:

I've heard the French love trucker country music lol

hell who doesnt

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My mother is Puerto Rican and people around here think I'm Italian. My last name is Slovak. *shrug*

don’t racist old white men chat you up on the T complaining about Hispanic people and black people lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/949831212326993920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

they're going to close it within a year when they find it a bit shameful that it turned out the most profitable division of tesla

• Locked thread