Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'd be happy with monthly if they all had 8+ guests and were 3 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm still holding out that his new project is the Mike Detective show he showed a picture of on social media.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Tomato posted:

He's been hinting at a big project in the works, so maybe he has another tv project coming up. I'd be fine if cbb was pushed down to monthly (not happy, but I'd live) it it mean Scott could have more recognizable success

For those who actually listened to the Best Of episodes, he's hinted at several big projects in the works, and even hinted one or two people that are a part of it, if I remember correctly.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Franchescanado posted:

The Mr. Microphone bit in the best if was worth it because you get stories of Scott being terrible at buying Christmas presents, which was fun

To be fair Kulap sounds awful to buy presents for.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

da beeper king BABY posted:

No one has time to listen to the best ofs, they should make a best of the best ofs!!

If you go back in this thread far enough a soundcloud link was posted and I listened to it, because I think they're banter is sometimes better than the clips. It was 7 hours long or somesuch.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't listen which episodes won

4) Morzouksnick Interruption (aka Bob Ducca Returns)
3) Holiday Special 2016
2) Eighth Anniversary Special
1) Episode #500

Scott said these 4 were always in the lead from the start of voting.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 5, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Episode 500 was good overall but really #1 should have just gone to Gabrus because that tangent about being a 'bait boy' for the Catholic Church was seriously the funniest thing I think I've ever heard.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
It’s probably because they’re all slap-happy by that point but the Norm Hamer/Ming/Keith Jones stuff destroys me. There’s just something about those guys showing up with the thinnest of premises and everyone else losing their poo poo in response.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Anything with Bob Ducca is #1 in my book.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

It’s probably because they’re all slap-happy by that point but the Norm Hamer/Ming/Keith Jones stuff destroys me. There’s just something about those guys showing up with the thinnest of premises and everyone else losing their poo poo in response.

Ming getting defensive and angry always gets destroys me, and Drew Tarver escalates the dumbest premises hilariously.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Man when Ming caught that he donated money to the victims of 9/11 I was laughing like mad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Man when Ming caught that he donated money to the victims of 9/11 I was laughing like mad

imo, there were plenty of living victims. every living american, for one. for two, the enormous amount of new yorkers and first responders not immediately killed in the collapse but still affected by it

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

Are you trying to make Ming sound like a fool?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

If you go back in this thread far enough a soundcloud link was posted and I listened to it, because I think they're banter is sometimes better than the clips. It was 7 hours long or somesuch.

I listen to the Best Ofs solely for Scott and PFT.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Man when Ming caught that he she donated money to the victims of 9/11 I was laughing like mad

Uh, Keith Jones is a woman.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
The best part of that bit is: raffle drawing to actual drawing to seeing who could run around the car the best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hate commercials, but glad that Thomas Middleditch is on a good thing it seems with Verizon. I had to laugh as I have Universo (NBCs Spanish channel) on, and there’s a Spanish equivalent of his adverts but he appears too and asks his counterpart who he is. Double money!

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hate commercials, but glad that Thomas Middleditch is on a good thing it seems with Verizon. I had to laugh as I have Universo (NBCs Spanish channel) on, and there’s a Spanish equivalent of his adverts but he appears too and asks his counterpart who he is. Double money!

You'd think they'd try to make them funny though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah :(

Still, my reaction is ‘good for him’ when I see him on those things, rather than trying to throw my shoe at the ‘Can you hear me now?’ or whatever it was guy that Sprint poached. The worst.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I had to laugh

Folks,

You gotta laugh!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My number one moment was on the Halloween episode.

Messmore: "I just found out that the forests surrounding my father's dementia care ward are on fire."

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Peecast blast episodes are up on Stitcher.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Is todays episode worth it? Not impressed by the guests...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll listen just because of Alison Rich, I don’t recognize the other names. Sometimes that’s led to good things at least.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s intriguing but unnecessarily dirty, Scott is definitely being pushy on the interview but Ego is solid.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was a little put off by these new guys not stifling their laughter before their characters were introduced, but it's worth pushing through. I liked everyone by about the middle of it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 17, 2018

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wasn't a fan of these guys. I could see any of them working individually I guess, but all together there just wasn't really any chemistry. More than that the characters didn't really seem all that fleshed out at all. I mean say what you will about Zooks and Scott bullying Andy Daly into ridiculous "Yes and-ing", but at least he's skilled enough to tie everything together in a way that was funny and made some kind of sense. In this episode they just made up numbers and all the sudden she had a gun in her pussy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Drew Tarver killed it this week. He took a character from "This seems pretty one note" to "This is an all-timer" by the end (Thanks to Zeke Nicholson throwing him an absurdity that he just ran with.) I really enjoyed returning to the original details of his story right before they wrapped up with a "Huh, none of that makes sense, does it? Guess we don't have time to cover it!"

Also, after binging through the 2013 tour eps on Stitcher Premium it was great to hear the return of "Would You Rather?"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of Zeke Nicholson, he was great this week, too. I think he's one of my favorite new guests of the last year or two.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Womp It Up! did a live show. Lots of guests including Andy Daly, Seth Morris and Mantzoukas.

Womp those jams, everyone!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

Also, after binging through the 2013 tour eps on Stitcher Premium it was great to hear the return of "Would You Rather?"

What are you talking about? They play this game every week.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
DALTON MOTHERFUCKIN WILCOX

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Am I a what?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow I was going to post something pissy but there's no Jason maybe it's good and not 30 minutes of asking if he's ever met cactus tony in international waters.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I really like how I pay for Stitcher Premium so I got a repeat of the Ben Schwartz / Horacio episode but if I didn’t pay I would get a new one that’s the mark of a quality service.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

mennoknight posted:

I really like how I pay for Stitcher Premium so I got a repeat of the Ben Schwartz / Horacio episode but if I didn’t pay I would get a new one that’s the mark of a quality service.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I get the Jason hate, don't participate it, but I really love when Andy's allowed to do his own thing. What a great episode.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I love Jason Mantzoukas and I also hope he's never on another episode of CBB

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Seaniqua posted:

I love Jason Mantzoukas and I also hope he's never on another episode of CBB

I just think the whole 'pushing all of Andy's characters to suicide or Satan' thing came to a great conclusion and shouldn't be revisited. Plus he's taking over the show and Scott's marriage when Scott dies, you can't cut him out completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I think some of the complaints about Jason re: Andy episodes are overblown. Jason wasn’t in this one and we still got 5+ references to other Andy characters, including Andy himself direct referencing his last character, AND the one he was playing turned out to be a murderer. It felt like a pretty standard Andy episode.