Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bob NewSCART posted:

To add onto this actually, I’m doing some testing once I’m done going through and cleaning the DLCs with tes5edit to see if I can only have the tweaks to leveling and stuff that SPERG offers, while using the perk trees from ordinator. It just depends if I can disable the SPERG trees in its options or not. Anyone know if this is possible? Also are still people making bash patches?

I make bash patches, but i still play Oldrim.

I also still use Climates of Tamriel. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lid posted:

I mean date of installation

Pretty sure you still can.

EDIT: Yep!

Right-click on the column headers at the top, make sure "Installation" is checked. :randpop:

Randaconda posted:

I make bash patches, but i still play Oldrim.

:randno:

(Somebody's real salty about those smileys.)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 8, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Pretty sure you still can.

:randno:

(Somebody's real salty about those smileys.)

It's kinda cute how mad they are. :3:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

The Skeleton King posted:

Are there any mods that add spears and have animations that don't have you swinging the spear around like a dingus? I love spears.

There are but last I checked they were kinda janky because adding brand new animations for weapons to Skyrim is really hard. But the last I checked was years ago so :v:

Don't remember their names but idk Google probably "skyrim spears" I guess?

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Bob NewSCART posted:

To add onto this actually, I’m doing some testing once I’m done going through and cleaning the DLCs with tes5edit to see if I can only have the tweaks to leveling and stuff that SPERG offers, while using the perk trees from ordinator. It just depends if I can disable the SPERG trees in its options or not. Anyone know if this is possible? Also are still people making bash patches?

Id like to hear some opinions on this too. I'm using Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition at the moment.

I think Matorsmash is the new thing for patches. I don't understand enough to know why but it seems to do a good job. It makes my levelled lists work well with different mods that add to them. I think it does more than that but I dont use many mods that conflict.

For ordinator you can just use that and the skyrim uncapper to tweak levelling rate, perk rate, max perk ranks. There is an optional file for the uncapper on the ordinator page that slows levelling and modifies max skill to 125 for example.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Matorsmash, last I checked, is cruddy. Im pretty sure development has ceased.

Im going to make a huge thread confession: When Im ready for a new playthrough, I just sort with loot, make a few adjustments, and then make a TESEdit Merged Patch. I don't obsess over my load order or conflicts too hard, and I trust Loot to sort it right.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Im going to make a huge thread confession: When Im ready for a new playthrough, I just sort with loot, make a few adjustments, and then make a TESEdit Merged Patch. I don't obsess over my load order or conflicts too hard, and I trust Loot to sort it right.

Pretty much the same. There's like one conflict that I have to sort out manually (or add a rule to LOOT) for but otherwise, I just TRUST THE MACHINE and it usually works out.

I do still make bashed patches (and a TESEdit Merged patch though I remove leveled list stuff from it after) and it all seems to work.

TRUST THE MACHINE.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I just sort in LOOT from NMM, I don't even make patches

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I just randomly click things in Steam Workshop

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
(don't do this)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I agree, using Steam Workshop is a bad idea

Agents are GO! posted:

Matorsmash, last I checked, is cruddy. Im pretty sure development has ceased.

I used it to combine several plugins that I always use in a group or not at all, so it saved some slots in my load order. I think it was Matorsmash. One of Mator's things. It worked fine for that. I also make merge patches in tes5edit because it works. I've made bashed patches but I'm not sure it does a fuckin' thing because nobody seems to add bash tags to anything, so I stopped doing that and haven't seen any difference. Maybe it's just my particular set of mods, but ehhhhh.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 8, 2018

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I found what I was after with the true spear combat mod. It looks promising.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Psion posted:

I agree, using Steam Workshop is a bad idea

I used it to combine several plugins that I always use in a group or not at all, so it saved some slots in my load order. I think it was Matorsmash. One of Mator's things. It worked fine for that. I also make merge patches in tes5edit because it works. I've made bashed patches but I'm not sure it does a fuckin' thing because nobody seems to add bash tags to anything, so I stopped doing that and haven't seen any difference. Maybe it's just my particular set of mods, but ehhhhh.

Thats the Merge Plugins utility, which is different and useful as hell.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Reason I asked about bashed patches is because I’m running morrowloot and then a few other weapon mods that don’t have comparability patches so I was going to find a way to make their levelled lists work with each other.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

funkymonks posted:

Id like to hear some opinions on this too. I'm using Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition at the moment.

I think Matorsmash is the new thing for patches. I don't understand enough to know why but it seems to do a good job. It makes my levelled lists work well with different mods that add to them. I think it does more than that but I dont use many mods that conflict.

For ordinator you can just use that and the skyrim uncapper to tweak levelling rate, perk rate, max perk ranks. There is an optional file for the uncapper on the ordinator page that slows levelling and modifies max skill to 125 for example.

It was specifically the quest reward perk points, changes in how you gain skill, etc, that SPERG adds that I was interested in running alongside ordinator

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Same. Same. In the special edition, no less. I just like the colors better, ok?! DON'T JUDGE ME, GOONS. :ohdear:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

It was specifically the quest reward perk points, changes in how you gain skill, etc, that SPERG adds that I was interested in running alongside ordinator

There is a patch out there that basically combines Ordinator and SPERG into one perk mod that seems to fit what you're looking for. I think the link is in the OP somewhere.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Quest reward perk points are a thing in SPERG? Which quests?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Reason I asked about bashed patches is because I’m running morrowloot and then a few other weapon mods that don’t have comparability patches so I was going to find a way to make their levelled lists work with each other.

Just running Wrye Bash and making a Bashed Patch will get stuff on the levelled lists as far as I know. Compatibility patches generally deal with other things as far as I understand. However, I’m not sure how well that would work in your case, since the hand placed nature of Morrowloot largely displaces a lot of levelled lists I think.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Raygereio posted:

With "comfortably" I mean consistent high fps with no noticeable slowdowns. Skyrim I keep capped at 60 fps. But while my hardware can easily get way higher fps then 60 (120+), I prefer to keep it capped there. That way I'm sure the framerate stays consistent and never get any slowdowns.

Cool, this is the info I was looking for. My hardware is slightly better than yours (7600k/GTX 1060 6GB) so I should be good. Thanks!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know what I wish was a mod? Something that made dragon corpses persistent. I think it'd be cool to have their skeletons stick around forever as a reminder of the fights you have with them.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You know what I wish was a mod? Something that made dragon corpses persistent. I think it'd be cool to have their skeletons stick around forever as a reminder of the fights you have with them.

Arthmoor could probably make it. :sterv:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Not until TES6.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Does any of the Dwemertech destruction magic count as a specific element or is it all element-less like vampire drain? I'm wondering about it wrt things like the Ordinator destruction perks that proc on certain elements of spells, like the fire ones causing explosions. The staff I have doesn't specify and I haven't gone gathering enough dwemer bits to make tomes yet.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Alright, so the True Spear Combat mod looks promising, but the animations are kinda awkward, and I can't seem to find where the two handed spears are in game. There's also an issue with the kill-cam animations putting me under the floor.

Hopefully there might be alternatives or maybe the modder will continue to improve it. I really want spears that dont swing like bats.

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78347
The mod in question.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Vivid weather makes this game real pretty.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Any recommendations for an SE friendly mod to transfer enchants from one item to another (without having enchanting skill) and/or allow for npcs to craft such things for a fee? I know there used to be some options but wasn't sure if those kinds of mods made the jump yet with SKSE being as delayed as it was. Saw a few things (mostly for oldrim) in my search but nothing immediately jumped out as being thoroughly tested and implemented so I thought I'd ask for any suggestions.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So if anyone's curious, there is an option in sperg to disable its perk trees on a tree by tree basis(there is a disclaimer saying it's "minimally supported" but it also says that you should only do so if you plan on replacing the perk trees with another mods, which is exactly what i'm doing) and you can then put ordinator after sperg in the load order and have it replace all of spergs perk trees while benefitting from all the other random stuff sperg does. I haven't tested it thoroughly but it seems to work so far.

Does anyone have any weigh ins on which perk trees they prefer between the two mods?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bob NewSCART posted:

So if anyone's curious, there is an option in sperg to disable its perk trees on a tree by tree basis(there is a disclaimer saying it's "minimally supported" but it also says that you should only do so if you plan on replacing the perk trees with another mods, which is exactly what i'm doing) and you can then put ordinator after sperg in the load order and have it replace all of spergs perk trees while benefitting from all the other random stuff sperg does. I haven't tested it thoroughly but it seems to work so far.

Does anyone have any weigh ins on which perk trees they prefer between the two mods?

Speech is way better in SPERG than Ordinator.

I also prefer SPERG Conjuration, Abjuration and Enchantment.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do any of you guys have Mihail's various monster mods installed? I'd like to add some more creatures to the game but there isn't much to chose from for SE that also seems to work. This Mihail guy has made tons of creatures but I can't tell if they are actually good additions just form screenshots so I'm wondering if any of you enjoy them.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Do any of you guys have Mihail's various monster mods installed? I'd like to add some more creatures to the game but there isn't much to chose from for SE that also seems to work. This Mihail guy has made tons of creatures but I can't tell if they are actually good additions just form screenshots so I'm wondering if any of you enjoy them.

Are those the immersive creatures ones?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Internet Kraken posted:

i got the aurochs one and it just adds a huge hostile herd of them in whiterun hold who charge at you and send you flying whenever you get within 100 metres of them

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

The harvesters are nearly unkillable and have pretty weak animations - engine limitations I'm sure - but they are also found near places you usually go pretty easily (Nightcaller temple entrance for instance) and will usually 1 shot you even with 75% magic resist :V

Some of them are nice though but many just add a bunch of very, very difficult enemies in places they shouldn't be in.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

is there a mod that allows you to assign followers to the Companions in the same way you can assign them to The Blades? Jorrvaskr is pretty desolate once the questline is over

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Whorelord posted:

is there a mod that allows you to assign followers to the Companions in the same way you can assign them to The Blades? Jorrvaskr is pretty desolate once the questline is over

You can use My Home is Your Home to make them hang out/sleep at Jorrvaskr (or anywhere else).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7096

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bob NewSCART posted:

Are those the immersive creatures ones?

I don't think they are in immersive creatures. They all are listed as seperate mods.

I'm gonna try installing immersive creatures. Hope it doesn't cause my game to explode...

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't think they are in immersive creatures. They all are listed as seperate mods.

I'm gonna try installing immersive creatures. Hope it doesn't cause my game to explode...

The fact that it has customizable options for pretty much everything with regards to the creatures looks nice. Haven’t tried it yet.

Any tips or recommendations for optimizing my performance, for lack of a better word? The game isn’t running poorly by any means, just looking for any ways I can get the game to run better through any means

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Disclaimer: I've only used the Oldrim version of Skyrim Immersive Creatures (SIC).

SIC is nice, but it has some of the same problems as the other mods you mentioned, IE putting powerful creatures where there weren't any before. It also had a minor issue of, when it incorporated another mod, didn't incorporate the latest version of said mod :randno: (Dwemer Spectres.) (This is easily rectified, install the latest Dwemer Spectres and disable the SIC version in the MCM.)

I might also recommend the SE version of Warzones, which was kind of neat and makes a decent replacement for ASIS if that's your kind of thing.

EDIT: Also SIC doesn't have aggressive Cliff Racers. :randno: They're in there, but they're just reskinned hawks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the sort option in Mod Organizer automatically place mods in what it thinks should be the proper load order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I believe it has an internal version of Loot, but I just use the external version to be safe.