Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I will protect Amber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You gotta go full neon hair as if you bought a plastic wig before I assume you're insane. Just a streak or patch or whatever isn't enough.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Cant wait for the silicon valley shitheads to discover ultrapure water and end up dissolving themselves from the inside

(Ultrapure water is what they use to clean impurities and excess dust from newly printed CPUs)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
A cholera outbreak in silicon valley would be hilarious.

Now that all the 80s and 90s John Birch militia poo poo is being repackaged for SV dipshits, I guarantee raw milk and homeschooling will be a thing in the bay area soon.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Cant wait for the silicon valley shitheads to discover ultrapure water and end up dissolving themselves from the inside

(Ultrapure water is what they use to clean impurities and excess dust from newly printed CPUs)

Does it dissolve human flesh?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

prefect posted:

Does it dissolve human flesh?

It leaches out nutrients you need to survive.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's so important to defend the chapo trap house podcasters, lol

It is when she's right and the DSA and the left in general is clearly dealing with a problem with hosed up manipulative people who seem a lot like agents provocateur right now.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

It leaches out nutrients you need to survive.

no biggie, they'll just add them to soylent

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Under the vegetable posted:

It is when she's right and the DSA and the left in general is clearly dealing with a problem with hosed up manipulative people who seem a lot like agents provocateur right now.

They truly do, and I don't get how expending all the effort of the movement to accommodate them helps anyone get forward in the world. It's incredible. How does someone, whose reaction to misspelling their own email address and missing an email because of it is to literally scream and cry and hyperventilate, contribute to a movement when their reaction is so toxic?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

They are sometimes the same people who demanded that FYAD poster get banned for ableism because she suggested that people go out and volunteer for feminist causes in a feminism megathread :ssh:

I seriously don't get how these people can exist without constantly weeping in the fetal position. I saw one of these people once say they were offended by James Adomian's Gorka impression because it made him seem of greater significance than he actually was.

It's amazing because it turns out if you actually get involved with organising or politics there probably already is a ton of poo poo you can do even if you are disabled and cannot leave the house/go canvassing whatever. Like in my local Labour party we have a bunch of disabled people who do stuff like data entry, social media presence, writing, packaging leaflets etc.

We even got a cool talk from a local disabled activist recently, who was telling us about direct action campaigns by disabled people in the UK in the 1990's, where they would throw paint or dirty protest places that refused to improved accessibility until the law got changed to make it mandatory.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

https://i.redd.it/0gru87hk6k801.jpg

This is the person Amber tilted.

Along with the non natural hair colour league of America.

I don't give a poo poo what this person looks like, go back to /pol/

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Serf posted:

the guy looks like a goober, but there's nothing wrong with looking like a goober

Gooberism is a set of ideas and beliefs, not a race!

Breadallelogram posted:

The salt in this post leads me to believe you might be extremely physically similar.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
you're a really bad poster dude, you should go away

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Breadallelogram posted:

Nor I. You know who cares? The people who look at that and go 'oh, right, the left is actually literally everything I thought it was. I WAS going to give them a chance over here to convince me about the circumstances with which we can better society but instead I'm just gonna call 'em fags and roll my eyes because one of them just flipped out over a microaggression and is having a hyperventilating fit on the ground like he didn't get his McDonalds szechuan sauce.'

Optics matter. Getting what we want necessitates some consessions to make the movement palatable to normies. The loving crazies kill movements. They're doing it right now.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 8, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Nor I. You know who cares? The people who look at that and go 'oh, right, the left is actually literally everything I thought it was. I WAS going to give them a chance over here to convince me about the circumstances with which we can better society but instead I'm just gonna call 'em fags and roll my eyes because one of them just flipped out over a microaggression and is having a hyperventilating fit on the ground like he didn't get his McDonalds szechuan sauce.'

Optics matter. Getting what we want necessitates some consessions to make the movement palatable to normies. The loving crazies kill movements. They're doing it right now.

people who look like normies can also accomplish the same thing tho

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No doubt. I'm talking about a specific thing, though, that this weekend has put into focus.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

excuse me sir this is a KFC kitchen how did you get back here?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

lol, this guy

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Was literally anyone paying attention to this spat besides other leftists?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

Was literally anyone paying attention to this spat besides other leftists?

thousands of dsa members have left and joined the proud boys over this

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Shedding a tear for the masses who are sympathetic to our cause but see an internal party squabble involving a guy with dyed hair and never return.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Breadallelogram posted:

Shedding a tear for the masses who are sympathetic to our cause but see an internal party squabble involving a guy with dyed hair and never return.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol, this guy

That dude is certainly sees things very clearly lol

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Talk optics to me baby

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I project my own feeble self esteem onto an entire political movement, I'm normal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

*putting on my splinter cell goggles* we need to get these loving crazies out of the DSA disability committee

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
After this whole debacle I'm now a liberal and I demand to speak to everybody's manager.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Do you also think protesters should wear suits and ties?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Protesters should carry ARs and fire them recklessly at police and politicians.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Tim Kreider did this once, but I can't find the picture he posted. :eng99:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Protesters should carry ARs and fire them recklessly at police and politicians.

This, sincerely.

Serf
May 5, 2011

respectability politics but for people with purple hair

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Is the disability the hair coloring?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

https://i.redd.it/0gru87hk6k801.jpg

This is the person Amber tilted.

Along with the non natural hair colour league of America.

cool, cool, great stuff. could you do me a favor and never post again?

posting an essay about the (((wreckers))) and corn cobbing for three days is a weird way to be right

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

padijun posted:

cool, cool, great stuff. could you do me a favor and never post again?

posting an essay about the (((wreckers))) and corn cobbing for three days is a weird way to be right

Lying about what happened like a fuckin loser cop like you're doing is exactly what she was talking about.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pomplamoose posted:

But doesn't red kahina already do it for free?

Where do I get those? Phil Graves blocked me, but she and I can bond over our mutual respect for Elio Petri.

Trabisnikof posted:

This is why social media is horrible. Every post is interpreted as performative, nothing can be kept private and the only context that matters is the reader's context, which is completely outside of the control of the author. It completely obscures the intentions of strangers and ensures stupid petty drama like this continue.

The process part of this, one WG previews a new guide and another WG says "we'd like to be involved" and then a mistake about contact info gets straightened out, that's nbd (other than DSA should probably have an accurate list of WG contact info).
I keep hearing about how forums are dying in favour of social media and Internet 2.0, but Twitter and Tumblr are awful formats for having a conversation. I need someone to explain why that's where the conversation happens because I've been a cranky old man since I was 12.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 8, 2018

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Good job implying James loving Baldwin, one of the foremost black writers on race, economics, and anti-Semitism, is himself a Jew hater, too, you loving weirdo.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

this is the new left
reading anything beside hot n fast twitter takes is haraam

how else do you explain the "anti-semitism" poo poo in response to that piece
like, how dumb can you be

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"I can't believe what you say, because I see what you do."
- James Baldwin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm going to keep defending amber by making fun of this dude for having dyed hair