Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
https://youtu.be/UXp-jhVGiZc

Jesus Christ.
A 11,5k pieces minifig scale Ghost from Star Wars Rebels.

On a less insane note, there's these beauties
https://youtu.be/webxi_LxdIA
Original Trilogy TIE fighter and interceptor in, again, minifig scale.
I'm seriously considering buying the instructions to at least the interceptor. 16 bucks doesn't seem that bad for such a lovely rendition.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
That Ghost is apparently $1700 USD worth of parts, too.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Oh yeah, the Ghost is just pure insanity.

But the TIEs are seriously tempting to me. 16 bucks a pop for instructions, and about 70 part seems rather all right. The fighter looks better than the UCS one, while being just over half its height.
And there's not been an interceptor that doesn't look like rear end since, well, ever from Lego themselves.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
The smooth wings make all the difference to me, if Lego made them like this instead of leaving studs all over the place I'd probably get one.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Electromax posted:

I have this weird grey baseplate that's bigger than the modular baseplates. It's great for playing around but storing it is a pain and it's too big to actually build stuff on that I want to display. I guess if the usuals are 32x32 this is probably 48x48?

I need to get a big table and make some kind of stadium MOC on it.

Yeah, it'll be 48x48. Lots of people (including myself) like them for building big things, but they don't integrate with 32x32 plates that nicely. It can be a pain in the rear end for things like big city or spaceport displays, because you'll generally have roads/landing pads etc, and all of those special baseplates are 32x32.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

48x48 is perfect for building a department store. This was done a few times as I was growing up. It's begging for someone in the modular community to do something like that.

They're also good for "base wars" stuff, buddy and I would get our own at each end of the table and connect our fortresses with 32x32 road plates.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Well, it's died out a bit, but there was something called the 'Moonbase standard' back in the day. It was based on a 48x48 plate with hatches build to a certain universal standard and no overhanging parts, but other than that anything goes.

It was a great way to have an easy collaborative build where everyone could build a module and combine them really easily on a display.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I remeber somebody proposing a building challenge some time ago but it never came to be. Lego just teleased a 10€/£/$ creativity kit that might be good for this:

Fun Future Set

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

tomapot posted:

Finally got around to building the new AT-ST, fun build with some different techniques. Got my little family line up now.

There is also at least one tiny AT-ST that came in the advent calendars if you want to expand your collection further :)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah there is one OT AT-ST from I wanna say 2 years ago. This year had one from the new trilogy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

While the Rogue One AT-ST is the best one they have done by a mile, I still feel like each version is charming in it's own way. Unlike some other SW sets where the older version just looks hideous compared to the newer one.

Hopper posted:

This year had one from the new trilogy.

That thing is legitimately one of the worst sets I've seen Lego produce though. Who on earth wants an AT-ST without the top?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Related picture from r/lego:

I really like the rogue one atst, but I some how managed to leave out the pins that lock the legs to the head and it kept flipping over. Had to reread the instructions a couple times until I found the missing step.

duz fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 6, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haha, oh my god that's awesome.

On the subject, does anyone have a Battle of Endor set they'd be willing to sell or trade?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

duz posted:

I really like the rogue one atst, but I some how managed to leave out the pins that lock the legs to the head and it kept flipping over. Had to reread the instructions a couple times until I found the missing step.

My brother in law did this- I fixed it for him immediately when we went to their house for Christmas. Puzzlingly the pins were there, they just hadn’t been pushed in. That step must be pretty unclear.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

duz posted:

Related picture from r/lego:

Amazing

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

My mom called me up before Christmas and wondered if I wanted to keep my childhood Lego or surrender it to my nieces and nephews. I told her I didn't really care, but after getting the Eiffel tower for Christmas and following this thread I kind of regret it, especially because my Lego stan brother in law apparently sorted the entire, huge collection by color.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I like the way the legs and head swing together on the Endor AT-ST. I know they do not actually work that way (in real life, ha) but I like the way they are connected.

veni veni veni posted:

On the subject, does anyone have a Battle of Endor set they'd be willing to sell or trade?

i'm sitting on two Endor sets I'm looking to move.

8038 Star Wars: The Battle of Endor $75
  • AT-ST
  • Building
  • Catapult
  • 2 speeders
  • Wing assy
  • Instructions
  • 9 Minifigs: 3 Ewoks, Chewbacca, R2-D2, 2 Scout Troopers, AT-ST Driver, Hans Solo

8038 Star Wars: The Battle of Endor $35
  • Building
  • Catapult
  • 1 speeders
  • Wing assy
  • 1 Minifig: 1 Ewok not-matching set

The $35 one is more dinged up, has more play wear. I tried to price them fairly based on eBay and Bricklink listings.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tomapot posted:

I like the way the legs and head swing together on the Endor AT-ST. I know they do not actually work that way (in real life, ha) but I like the way they are connected.

i'm sitting on two Endor sets I'm looking to move.

8038 Star Wars: The Battle of Endor $75
  • AT-ST
  • Building
  • Catapult
  • 2 speeders
  • Wing assy
  • Instructions
  • 9 Minifigs: 3 Ewoks, Chewbacca, R2-D2, 2 Scout Troopers, AT-ST Driver, Hans Solo

8038 Star Wars: The Battle of Endor $35
  • Building
  • Catapult
  • 1 speeders
  • Wing assy
  • 1 Minifig: 1 Ewok not-matching set

The $35 one is more dinged up, has more play wear. I tried to price them fairly based on eBay and Bricklink listings.

Is the first one complete then (minus the box I'm guessing?)

Edit: So just missing Leia and the rebel troopers? God looking at that set really shows how stingy lego has gotten with general set content. All of that stuff would have been spread out over 3-4 sets nowadays.

Any interest in trades? $75 seems fair though I'd likely take you up on that.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 6, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Black Griffon posted:

apparently sorted the entire, huge collection by color.

What an idiot

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Is the first one complete then (minus the box I'm guessing?)

Edit: So just missing Leia and the rebel troopers? God looking at that set really shows how stingy lego has gotten with general set content. All of that stuff would have been spread out over 3-4 sets nowadays.

Any interest in trades? $75 seems fair though I'd likely take you up on that.

Correct complete except those 3 MFs. I’m trying to pair down so less likely to be interested in trade but send me a PM.

Agreed, that was what $100 original retail? It’s a ridiculously great value, 12 minifigs and an AT-AT, etc.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I finally saw the Ninjago movie and it was kinda lame but oh man do I wish I had the money and space for that huge-rear end city set now

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Cojawfee posted:

What an idiot

He's a Kiwi, probably has something to do with that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Okay, these Black Panther sets are cool looking.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I built the royal talon fighter yesterday and it absolutely embarrasses the jet in the previous set. Also the mini figures are rill good. I kind of want the rhino set just for the figs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Batman-Movie-Series-2-COMPLETE-SET-OF-20-MINIFIGURES-SEALED-71020-/112740891622?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Not sure if that is a pricing error or what. But the whole series 2 of batman CMF, sealed, for $31 is not a price you aren't going to beat every day.

At the worst you have to deal with a bad seller and get your $$$ back in a couple weeks. At best, you're welcome.

E: listing has been removed. hopefully he honors it.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 8, 2018

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Anyone looking to pick up a full box of the Batman series? I'll go in for a full set if that's the case.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Latest ideas up for review were revealed.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/eb30a864-2ad5-46d9-804b-121383e684df

While the boathouse, lighthouse and dive shop are all cool I don't think any will make it. And it is stupid to have 3 from the same designer (who already got the fishing store).

Pop up book is the neatest idea. Car looks good. I have no idea what they'll pick.

Ship in a bottle is also coming soon according to the e-mail.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Just give the fishing store guy his own line, I’d buy all of those.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, hire the guy and have a Coastal village theme or something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Yeah, hire the guy and have a Coastal village theme or something.

Yeah.

But don't keep giving him ideas sets. Let other people get in.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kinda hope that car makes it in. The large scale creator cars have become one of my favourite lego things.

Speaking of: Is there a typical time frame the reveal the year's creator car?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
That Jaguar e-type needs to come in blue Union Jack livery.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That’s a funny way to spell British racing green

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s a funny way to spell British racing green

Thanks to the Mini, we know they have BRG down pat.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The_Doctor posted:

The seaside area of your modulars town. I had the same thought...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Scipiotik posted:

Ship in a bottle is also coming soon according to the e-mail.

Yes please, I have already been designing my ship for the bottle.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

Funnily enough I just got done completing the fishing store yesterday, best set I've ever had, without question, and I was thinking a lighthouse would go really well with it. Maybe in 2020 then... (Hell, maybe Lego could make a set that can be used to make either of the three options in the latest group? I bet they could!)

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Marmaduke! posted:

Funnily enough I just got done completing the fishing store yesterday, best set I've ever had, without question, and I was thinking a lighthouse would go really well with it. Maybe in 2020 then... (Hell, maybe Lego could make a set that can be used to make either of the three options in the latest group? I bet they could!)

A 4000 piece 3 in 1 modular would be a genius move by Lego, because so many people would buy three.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hermsgervørden posted:

A 4000 piece 3 in 1 modular would be a genius move by Lego, because so many people would buy three.

Don't give them ideas. No pun intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Dug up different colors while sorting. Missing some I don't have in this size...