Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh nice, this thread has that weird glitch where the first post on a new page is all hosed and the notifications are haunted!

Fitting tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

esperterra posted:

Oh nice, this thread has that weird glitch where the first post on a new page is all hosed and the notifications are haunted!

Fitting tbh

Good, it's not just me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The question is, is this a mytharc thread or a MOTW thread?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

McSpanky posted:

The question is, is this a mytharc thread or a MOTW thread?

It's a mytharc-MOTW hybrid. It is also Mulder's brother.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
This thread was created when the CSM impregnated Something Awful with science. RAPE ALIEN SCIENCE.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Supersoldiers ITT

RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Vakal posted:

At least Reyes is still looking pretty good after all these years.

She had a good run on the last two seasons of Halt and Catch Fire.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oh poo poo I never realized she was Diane in HaCF

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

She was also Ben's sister in the episode of Parks and Rec when they go back to Ben's hometown. And in a couple episodes of Pretty Little Liars too, I think, early on.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I finished season 7 in my rewatch and just started season 10. We finished "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster" last night.

My fiancé loved that one, and after this rewatch I'm considering that one of the best episodes ever made. Possibly my favorite one just for how it's everything I want in an X-files episode: weird, funny, a little scary, and it makes you think.

I also totally missed a gag the first time I watched the episode. Mulder goes to meet Guy Mann at the cemetery after talking to Guy Mann's shrink. Guy breaks a bottle, trying to get Mulder to stab him in the appendix and kill him. He then tosses away that bottle and pulls out ANOTHER bottle, which he sets on the tombstone. After the story, Mulder pulls a bottle out of his own pocket. I missed that somehow, and just thought Guy had the bottles. So Mulder heard the shrink's bullshit "green glass lance" story and thought "Eh, maybe I should take it just to be safe." Freaking amazing.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

CelticPredator posted:

It’s good that the rape monster was loved by all.

If you take that episode apart and look at the pieces separately there is no way in hell it should work, but somehow it does, and does magnificently.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I finished season 7 in my rewatch and just started season 10. We finished "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster" last night.

My fiancé loved that one, and after this rewatch I'm considering that one of the best episodes ever made. Possibly my favorite one just for how it's everything I want in an X-files episode: weird, funny, a little scary, and it makes you think.

I also totally missed a gag the first time I watched the episode. Mulder goes to meet Guy Mann at the cemetery after talking to Guy Mann's shrink. Guy breaks a bottle, trying to get Mulder to stab him in the appendix and kill him. He then tosses away that bottle and pulls out ANOTHER bottle, which he sets on the tombstone. After the story, Mulder pulls a bottle out of his own pocket. I missed that somehow, and just thought Guy had the bottles. So Mulder heard the shrink's bullshit "green glass lance" story and thought "Eh, maybe I should take it just to be safe." Freaking amazing.

thats my favorite episode for sure

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

Oh, wait, did you skip 8 and 9?

Despite their reputations, there are at least a dozen episodes between them that are worth watching.

(It's the three Vince Gilligan ones, Via Negativia, the Burt Reynolds one, and most of the back half of season 8 starting with This Is Not Happening, for anyone keeping score at home.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Looks like Guy Mann is back sometime this season, if a commercial I just saw is to be believed.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I hope not. I can't think of an episode where bringing back the MotW actually worked well, except maybe 'Tooms'.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The one MOTW that occurs to me who I've always been surprised didn't come back was Mark Sheppard's guy from season one who could start fires with his mind.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, I actually quite liked that episode, but I'm not sure if the concept ever came up again.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

The one MOTW that occurs to me who I've always been surprised didn't come back was Mark Sheppard's guy from season one who could start fires with his mind.

Wasn't he originally intended to come back? I vaguely remember that from The X-Files Files episode about that episode.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Octy posted:

I hope not. I can't think of an episode where bringing back the MotW actually worked well, except maybe 'Tooms'.

I didn't mind the one where Donnie Pfaster came back. But yeah, every MotW return or sequel has been a step down from the first, so why bother?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember thinking the second Donnie Pfaster one was a real letdown after the first; the first one is really creepy but the second one had all that boring stuff with the priest.

Same as the "Pusher" sequel episode.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh, wait, did you skip 8 and 9?

Despite their reputations, there are at least a dozen episodes between them that are worth watching.

(It's the three Vince Gilligan ones, Via Negativia, the Burt Reynolds one, and most of the back half of season 8 starting with This Is Not Happening, for anyone keeping score at home.)

Yeah, we'll probably revisit them at some point. But my fiancé wants to get through Season 10 this week so we can catch up to Season 11. It's taken us over a year to get through everything and we're looking forward to watching Season 11 with fresh eyes together.

Regarding MOTW sequels - Tooms was good, and I liked the return of Pusher, the guy who could mentally push people to kill themselves.

I would be 100% on board with a return of the inbred freaks from Home (in fact, I thought Home Again in season 10 would be about them) or whatever the hell alien intelligence/AI/government program was going on in "Blood".

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Bring back the jaguar spirit from Teso Dos Bichos but do it right this time. With budget and good scares. "Vengeful animal spirit takes over the pets of small town" is way too cool an idea to be lost forever.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also I miss the early x-files trope of "loving terrifying thing in nature that can't be stopped" - Ice, Darkness Falls, Firewalker. Our planet is spooky!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hedrigall posted:

Bring back the jaguar spirit from Teso Dos Bichos but do it right this time. With budget and good scares. "Vengeful animal spirit takes over the pets of small town" is way too cool an idea to be lost forever.

I hated this episode. No more killer animals.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hedrigall posted:

Also I miss the early x-files trope of "loving terrifying thing in nature that can't be stopped" - Ice, Darkness Falls, Firewalker. Our planet is spooky!

Hell yes, these are always the best. I’ve had enough of supernatural humans and aliens. I demand a flukeman for 2018.

ed. Apparently a comic revealed flukeman was a mutated human all along. I thought the episode kept it vague and non-human?

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 10, 2018

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I think it was implied (or speculated by Mulder) in the show that radiation from Chernobyl had created it.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
The weird Mulder head Bladerunner narration thing was bad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the one with the invisible killer elephant.

Unless that was an episode of Fringe.

I can't remember.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was a season 2 one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I liked the one with the invisible killer elephant.

Unless that was an episode of Fringe.

I can't remember.

That’s the one where Mulder concludes that aliens turned it invisible for fun.

A good episode.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's a lot of MOTW episodes of Fringe and MOTW episodes of X-Files (especially in early seasons of both) that I get confused.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s the one where Mulder concludes that aliens turned it invisible for fun.

A good episode.

They turned it invisible after impregnating it with alien science, too.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

What is this. :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

meatpath posted:

What is this. :allears:

Good X-Files?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

This plot is stupid dumb but it's still better than last week's ep.

Editing's still bad though, it looks like Paul W.S. Anderson cut these episodes together. :v:

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I still love this show. I like the banter, the action, the Scully spank bank. :angel:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

That was a good episode. Not great, but good. A cool way to have one of the Gunmen back and a legit creepy ending.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It felt like a really solid mid season stand alone episode, which I suppose it was, so good job there x-files.

The opening sequence, spank bank icon, and Hannibal shout out were all good too.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

LesterGroans posted:

That was a good episode. Not great, but good. A cool way to have one of the Gunmen back and a legit creepy ending.

I thought it perfectly encapsulated the Silicon Valley nightmare world we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Dmitri-9 posted:

I thought it perfectly encapsulated the Silicon Valley nightmare world we live in.

Now this makes me want an X-Files episode about Silicon Valley tech giants who are doing that young person blood transfusion thing and end up turning into monsters.

• Locked thread