Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

First quest down. This was the first time I've actually beaten the original TLOZ, I always petered out some time in the last few dungeons. I'm not sure if I'll tackle the second quest

Congrats!
Do you like solving puzzles that aren't actually puzzles but are just randomly burning down every tree in the game until you find the dungeon entrance? If so then the 2nd quest is for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My first time beating this game!

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

elf help book posted:

thank you S.MIYAHON

Dandruff gamer Win

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Didn’t take much convincing but I’m in. I’m still good on time so I’ll work on it this week.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
second quest level 9 wasn't so bad it just tricks you into into keep looping around until you figure out where the false walls are. kinda like the second quest overall -- it's more obnoxious than just straight more difficult. i don't normally do second quest (did it once as a kid and once on an old 486 PC w/nesticle) so it was fun to revisit.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just accidentally lost an hour and a half of progress when trying to make a save state at the end of my gaming session :doh:. I'll have to start from the top again...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna stream more zelda in a few min

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

gonna stream more zelda in a few min

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/StrongInterestingSashimiTBCheesePull

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

level 5 is where the game starts taking the gloves off i guess. the blue darknut clumps are brutal and then there's just even more of them in the next room.

i also stumbled into 6 and immediately got destroyed by the wizzrobes lol. might grind up for the blue ring before the next stream

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

One week left for Zelda 1, everyone. I'll put up a poll for the PS1 game some time later today.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Second Quest Complete! I never found the letter to the old woman, luckily level 9's enemy layout wasn't as brutal as I was expecting.

Really enjoyed revisiting the second quest, it's making me want to jump back into the randomizer and play more fanmade 2d Zeldas. So I'm going to go do that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got +50 rupees on the right for the third time in a row in MONEY MAKING GAME and stumbled into one of the 100 rupee secrets tossing flames at bushes. i now have double hp

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:siren:Game 2 Poll is up!:siren:
http://www.strawpoll.me/14791528

Game 2 (PlayStation 1)

-Symphony of the Night
-Metal Gear Solid
-Crash Bandicoot
-Intelligent Qube
-Jumping Flash
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

If I missed a suggestion or if anyone didn't get theirs in let me know and I'll reset the poll. Whichever game is winning at midnight on January 15th will be Game 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lot of good games on that list, voted for Crash simply because I've never played it and wouldn't mind a reason to check it out. MGS1 would be cool too, to try and do a challenge run.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
BADGES

Badge 1: Legend of Zelda (3DS virtual console)

Badge 2: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Xbox Live Arcade)

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 24, 2018

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

voted for thps2, since i already planned to play symphony of the night soon and beat mgs1 not too long ago.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I voted SotN because once again I've never actually beaten it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SOTN is epic and I play through it a few times a year now since it's so quick.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm also voting for SOTN.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've also never played SOTN, I'd do that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is the version that you can unlock in Dracula X Chronicles a decent port or should I just go with the PS1 Classic version? I know the Dracula X port has new voice acting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard it's good but haven't played it myself. I'll be playing the Saturn version.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've also never played SOTN, I'd do that

I know why you didn’t vote for MGS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Orville posted:

Lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
beat the level 1 boss last night. wandered around some and found the way through the woods to level 6 as well as a letter for a lady (who will sell me potions now). this game is tough, but i looked at the map in OP so now i know where to find the level 2 dungeon. gonna go home tonite , put agdq on the chromecast, and game :cheers:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I’ve beaten sotn before, so I’ll vote for mgs which I haven’t played but I wouldn’t mind playing sotn again. I’d rather play that over crash anyway

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

The Orville posted:

Hahahaha

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Orville posted:

*psyche gauge drops sharply*

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Squeezy Farm posted:

beat the level 1 boss last night. wandered around some and found the way through the woods to level 6 as well as a letter for a lady (who will sell me potions now). this game is tough, but i looked at the map in OP so now i know where to find the level 2 dungeon. gonna go home tonite , put agdq on the chromecast, and game :cheers:

My Man

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Orville posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i forgot to suggest this earlier but legend of mana or vagrant story might be cool for this too. maybe next time psx comes around

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
--

Voted Crash because it's the one of those I've played the least of but I can't be mad about playing SOTN for the billionth time especially when some of y'all haven't???

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

voted sotn too, think i'm gonna try the 99 luck bad stats game this time around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i forgot to suggest this earlier but legend of mana or vagrant story might be cool for this too. maybe next time psx comes around

Threads of Fate would be a cool choice too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
crash bandicoot sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
voted SotN instead of MGS but spent a few minutes deliberating between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

rediscover posted:

voted SotN instead of MGS but spent a few minutes deliberating between the two.

i voted tony hawk 2

• Locked thread