Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Phi230 posted:

Discovery will not be the lolapalooza the thread thinks it will be. It will be the long, dark times for the thread

Why do you think this? We've long known the choicest morsels would be in any financial records, even minor ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

MoMA tox your account on it.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Loxbourne posted:

Why do you think this? We've long known the choicest morsels would be in any financial records, even minor ones.

We aren't get the details amount of info you're expecting

Best case scenario is we get tiny things that people will speculate as to their meaning but I feel like people are expecting out of discovery like a bank statement from CIG that says they have like $12 left

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

God when you think about it Chris was literally set up for success at every turn and just pissed it away. He got the money, team, popularity, fandom, etc. needed to make a really sweet game and he's squandered it so methodically it's almost unbelievable.

It’s almost like watching a miracle in reverse. :allears:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

I'm not going to post anything because that would literally be doxxing, as some of this stuff contains personal, not company, phone numbers and addresses

what I'm really afraid of is the people out 50 or 100k when this poo poo goes belly up, because you fuckin bet if I can find all these poo poo, so can they

Ortwin was attached to the lawsuit because he's been siphoning off cash from RSI to his managment company and that's the only way to get back that cash. Short of disgruntled Citizens going up to his door and asking for it back personally.

You've made this wank pod, Ortwin. And the door doesn't work so you're trapped in a hell of your own making. Might as well rub.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Also, I’m just gonna say preemptively, no more ad hominem. Simply adress the merits of the complaint as-written, vis-a-vis the GLA. Explain to me like I’m stupid, because when it comes to legal, I am.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Loxbourne posted:

But isn't discovery just a bunch of highly indebted first-year associates toiling away in a windowless basement looking at emails, YouTube videos, phone records, and bank statements (being billed out at $75+/hour)?

It's not a Wikileaks dump to Drudgereport. There will be more leaks to be sure, but it will still be hearsay accounts of what people have seen, right?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Toops posted:

Also, I’m just gonna say preemptively, no more ad hominem. Simply adress the merits of the complaint as-written, vis-a-vis the GLA. Explain to me like I’m stupid, because when it comes to legal, I am.

vis-à-vis

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

I'm not going to post anything because that would literally be doxxing, as some of this stuff contains personal, not company, phone numbers and addresses

what I'm really afraid of is the people out 50 or 100k when this poo poo goes belly up, because you fuckin bet if I can find all these poo poo, so can they

I see you are not familiar with the common star citizen...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lovely. Quarterly updates, promised network improvements by June - finally. At least it's an expected outlook.

Just like last time.

Oh hey Chris is in; you can see his Limited Edition Porsche in the parking lot.

TheAgent posted:

Now that you've indicated there's something to look for don't be surprised if they haven't already found it.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Chalks posted:

It would have been trivial to clarify the exclusivity term unambiguously but they did not, it is shite.

I fully agree. Considering that the thread is going full throttle burn on "exclusive" stuff should make it clear that we're all idiots it's not well written.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sabreseven posted:

Remember Toops, you are trying to converse with someone who willingly put $8k into star citizen dreams. :downs:

Money spent on Star Citizen ships is the original CryCash.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheAgent posted:

They have 50 to 100k in Star Citizen. They might be a lot less Smart than you or Dr. Smart are.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh hey Chris is in; you can see his Limited Edition Porsche in the parking lot.

:lol: a small, crowdfunded start-up taking on big publishers only after money

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Now please tell me about how my dick has fallen off, my parents are dead, and all of that utterly stupid poo poo half of you spew.

That's a weird kink you've got there.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Aesaar posted:

It's funny because the prevailing opinion of Star Citizen in the FS2 modding community is pretty much the same as it is here.

Also he's the guy who wrote the tool used to port models into the game. Said tool is complete poo poo and it being poo poo is the driving force behind efforts to get the game to accept new file formats for models.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kilmers Elbow posted:

i'm the chamoix leather fashion accessory

How else is :cig: going to polish this mess?

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Phi230 posted:

We aren't get the details amount of info you're expecting

Best case scenario is we get tiny things that people will speculate as to their meaning but I feel like people are expecting out of discovery like a bank statement from CIG that says they have like $12 left

If discovery finds that CryEngine is still being used and the LY switch never happened, it doesn't need to be described in detail. Still going to be hilarious. Calling it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

hot balls man no homo posted:

That's not the biggie one. Also if you look on the street view you'll see a new Cayenne (which looks like some stripped model brand new) with the suspension cranked up to Rubicon levels.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Titanic posted:

It’s almost like watching a miracle in reverse. :allears:

Star Citizen: it's like watching a miracle in reverse

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's not the biggie one. Also if you look on the street view you'll see a new Cayenne (which looks like some stripped model brand new) with the suspension cranked up to Rubicon levels.

That's actually a loving old, 1st gen, even pre-facelift Cayenne (9PA).

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Both CIG and Crytek are lovely companies. I hope Crytek win and get a token $1 damages award personally.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Now please tell me about how my dick has fallen off, my parents are dead, and all of that utterly stupid poo poo half of you spew.

I'm sorry your dick is dead. Please call your parents.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBPgJQhQHc

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tuo posted:

That's actually a loving old, 1st gen, even pre-facelift Cayenne (9PA).

God dang your right. Amazing how not in the rust belt things age. Like Cuba.

How did they ever sell that abortion?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

God dang your right. Amazing how not in the rust belt things age. Like Cuba.

How did they ever sell that abortion?

Don't know, I dislike both the first generation Cayenne (boring design, the two sister cars Q7 and Touareg looked much better, but it had awesome interior) and the second generation (back looks loving bad). The new one is quite nice though, and finally fits into the Porsche design philosophy imo...then again, I ain't a Porsche fan anyway.

All I know that the first generation aged terribly when it comes to used-car-prices...at least in Germany, one can get them pretty cheap.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hur-dur. A knee-slapper, man. I had to notch open my belt for that one.

I thought your belt didn't have any notches. I thought that was the whole point of your belt.

I don't know what's real anymore.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I'm just glad to be here :yayclod:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Citizen slams Crytek suit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KBPWF-Llcs

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

hot balls man no homo posted:

So it looks like someone got a new Panamera that is parked next to the ragtop.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Need a car to fetch the kids

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
So the super best outcome for CIG is they ruthlessly screwed a partner that was absolutely critical for getting crowd funding going and gave them a sweet deal on a game engine but through happenstance and legal luck aren't found to be legally liable. That would be some victory worth celebrating.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's no 500mil investment in Turkey. There's no extreme extra capital from assets sold at a fraction. What there is, however - is a company desperate to pay off the various workers suing them for unpaid wages. A company so desperate that they're even trying a hand at cryptocurrency, or selling off entire forks of their engine for a quick cash infusion. Instead, you get a company that is doing exactly what you do when you're flailing about and think you have an opportunity at quick cash while thinking you've been wronged by a business partner: you sue the gently caress out of them with everything you can possible think of and see if any of the poo poo sticks to the wall. I've seen this tactic with small business, with landlord/tennant disputes and with small construction jobs contracts. It looks and smells like a cash grab and hope for a settlement.

are you talking about CryTek, crytek, Crytek engine Inc, Cryengine, CryEngine, CryEngine Inc - You need to make sure you are talking about the correct company here.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tuo posted:

Don't know, I dislike both the first generation Cayenne (boring design, the two sister cars Q7 and Touareg looked much better, but it had awesome interior) and the second generation (back looks loving bad). The new one is quite nice though, and finally fits into the Porsche design philosophy imo...then again, I ain't a Porsche fan anyway.

All I know that the first generation aged terribly when it comes to used-car-prices...at least in Germany, one can get them pretty cheap.

It looks like a drat Rav 4 with $500 leather optioned key fobs or something. Go turbo or stay at home.

DapperDon posted:

Maybe, the front end is blurred out and the rims are different. Doesn't have the slope nose and the grill while blurred is prominent. I get where you are coming from but the chrome stripe behind the front tire makes me think (combined with the rims) is a Bimmer 6 series. Grand Coupe 4 door. 2015 probably.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Amazing.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Colostomy Bag posted:

Maybe, the front end is blurred out and the rims are different. Doesn't have the slope nose and the grill while blurred is prominent. I get where you are coming from but the chrome stripe behind the front tire makes me think (combined with the rims) is a Bimmer 6 series. Grand Coupe 4 door. 2015 probably.

The backers will never know.

Like seriously, they will never know. There will be an unfortunate fire the weekend before the 9th.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

It looks like a drat Rav 4 with $500 leather optioned key fobs or something. Go turbo or stay at home.

Yeah, looks like a 6series, and going by the rims and the front, it looks like an Alpina. It's hard to buy a more expensive BMW, actually. The M6 used to be most expensive BMW, with only the Alpina topping it. (before the i8 took that spot for a short time regarding base price, but a well equipped M6 easily tops the i8 as you can't add that much to make an i8 more expensive)

tuo fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 8, 2018

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
dear chris,

please hire james damore and the dumb guy trying to sue bitcoin

thanks and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

What a monster buys an M6/Alpina when they offer 6 speed manuals for the m5. Heresy