Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Soup du Jour posted:

I’ve got good news for you about friday night

Yeah that is gonna be awesome. I don't think they've ever done a Megaman relay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

LAY-ZX posted:

Wait did that actually happen

yea it owned, it was this big """""impromptu""""" speech that entirely came out of nowhere because he didn't even win the fuckin race lmao

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

yes

also someone show eonwe my post whenever he shows up he'll like it

and they say romance is dead

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Incoherence posted:

I watched a bit of tyler1 when he resorted to playing Dota for a couple weeks and can't understand his appeal. He's the very model of a modern toxic shitlord.

I'm angry that this guy has so many viewers right now and now it's gonna throw off the #1 on Twitch twitter bot.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I love the song "? - ?"

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm not a big Mega Man fan but I'm a fan of goonfriends.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zivilyn Bane posted:

GDQs are fun when we realize how old some of the games are and then remember we played them as kids and oh god we're so old

Remember the Half Life run where the guy running it was younger than the game?

What's half life, old man?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dias posted:

MMX and Battle Network are the two best Mega series, followed by ZX, Classic and Zero (Zero is bad)

man i'd kill for a battle network run some year

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
tyler1 has more than 80% of the total League of Legends stream audience atm what the gently caress

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zivilyn Bane posted:

GDQs are fun when we realize how old some of the games are and then remember we played them as kids and oh god we're so old

Remember the Half Life run where the guy running it was younger than the game?

I disagree- we actually realize we're old when some grown rear end loving man with a beard and a mortgage gets on astream and says "omg yeah I'm speedrunning halo 3 today because I played it all the time on my xbox 360 as a kid!"

gently caress THAT

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

man i'd kill for a battle network run some year

i think we had this exact conversation in the last sgdq thread

and you're still right

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Monathin posted:

MMX came out before MM7. hosed up, but true.

Hell, it only came out a month after 6 in Japan

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

tyler1 has more than 80% of the total League of Legends stream audience atm what the gently caress

He just got unbanned, so I'd imagine a lot of it is novelty.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Ramos posted:

What's half life, old man?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

the moba community is flaming garbage so i'm not surprised they love some shitlord

or at least that's what i think is going on here, i have no idea who this tyler fellow is

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

alright, I guess I’ll stick around for this. you guys better not have burned me like the f-zero GX recommend, though!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Hellioning posted:

He just got unbanned, so I'd imagine a lot of it is novelty.

he's making roughly infinity$ off donations and subs which is really great and not rewarding lovely behaviour at all

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what's a tyler and why should i care

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

i think we had this exact conversation in the last sgdq thread

and you're still right

lmao that's probably why i had to hesitate before posting and go check gdq vods to make sure i wasn't forgetting an old run because this seemed familiar

i think i concluded by saying there was a run at ESA or something

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I understand different people are different but I don't get how mobas pull such a big audience because I would rather read the magazines in the waiting room at the dentist than watch a moba stream.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Isn't Tyler like a "lives in the gym roid rager" type? Or am I thinking of someone else?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

axeil posted:

the moba community is flaming garbage so i'm not surprised they love some shitlord

or at least that's what i think is going on here, i have no idea who this tyler fellow is

Nah you've more or less got it right.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey what did you play on your saturn? If I'm not justr springing a cruel diabolical trap I had NiGHTS, Christmas NiGHTS, Sonic 3D Blast (best special zones int he franchise before Sonic Mania), Legend of Oasis/Story of Thor 2 (this game was SICK), Fighters' MegaMix and Sonic Jam (where I discovered anime)

hope you're not fuckin with me :negative:

very, very good list

i had to look up legend of oasis just now because I thought you were talking about one of my favourite genesis games Beyond Oasis but no it's a fuckin SEQUEL!!! I've gotta find Legend of Oasis now

I had sports games (early FIFAs and baseball games primarily) and poo poo and then like

Nights
Alien Trilogy
Toshinden
Virtual On

I had that fuckin Iron Man game that I was so excited to get after playing an in store demo (it was bad)

Probably the latest game in the lifecycle I got was Shining Force 3--I wish like hell we got a stateside release of the other discs of it since Shining Force 2 is my all time favourite game

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Isn't Tyler like a "lives in the gym roid rager" type? Or am I thinking of someone else?

calebhart

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ganson posted:

For a second I thought you were saying that Bonesaw was back :-(

isn't his ban up this summer? or is it already up and he didn't show this year?

iirc bonesaw was more of a "if we don't enforce a ban on this it sets a bad precedent and gives people with actual malicious intentions wiggle room that we can't afford them" situation, he was understanding and I'm 100% sure he'll be let back in any time he wants to come back because there doesn't seem like there's ill will

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

grand theft grotto posted:

I understand different people are different but I don't get how mobas pull such a big audience because I would rather read the magazines in the waiting room at the dentist than watch a moba stream.

I just had a thought...I was thinking about how every single moba looks the same to me and there are prbably 892483924 meta things going on every given second that I'll never bother caring about and then I realized

do I like lttp rando for the same reasons other people like mobas? :psyduck:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, gently caress this, Zero 3 is a BAD GAMETM, time to get outside and enjoy the scant bit of sunlight afforded to me left in the day.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Majuju posted:

he's making roughly infinity$ off donations and subs which is really great and not rewarding lovely behaviour at all

He is, theoretically, reformed, which is why he got unbanned in the first place.

Mind, I haven't actually watched him stream, so I don't know how much better he is acting, if at all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

he screams a lot and blows out his mic and people like that so they give him money

i don't get it either

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nerdbot posted:

iirc bonesaw was more of a "if we don't enforce a ban on this it sets a bad precedent and gives people with actual malicious intentions wiggle room that we can't afford them" situation, he was understanding and I'm 100% sure he'll be let back in any time he wants to come back because there doesn't seem like there's ill will

yeah his ban is up and he'll be back I'm sure. He took his ban like a man :canada:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

i have literally never played a moba because it seems like it's just people screaming at each other and trying to find excuses to get angry and no thanks

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Majuju posted:

calebhart

Maybe Tyler too?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Maybe Tyler too?

does he have a tummyache

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

I just had a thought...I was thinking about how every single moba looks the same to me and there are prbably 892483924 meta things going on every given second that I'll never bother caring about and then I realized

Don't think this way man it ain't the same

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

very, very good list

i had to look up legend of oasis just now because I thought you were talking about one of my favourite genesis games Beyond Oasis but no it's a fuckin SEQUEL!!! I've gotta find Legend of Oasis now

I had sports games (early FIFAs and baseball games primarily) and poo poo and then like

Nights
Alien Trilogy
Toshinden
Virtual On

I had that fuckin Iron Man game that I was so excited to get after playing an in store demo (it was bad)

Probably the latest game in the lifecycle I got was Shining Force 3--I wish like hell we got a stateside release of the other discs of it since Shining Force 2 is my all time favourite game

oh poo poo I'm really honored and happy for you that I got to tell you there's a sequel to the genesis game. Seriously Legend of Oasis loving RULED and I didn't even kow anything about the first one till years later.

If you can find the rom I was able to easily emulate the game on a saturn emu back in like 2009 so I'm sure it's even easier to do then!!! :D

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Also on the subject of Saturn games, Mr Bones was Cool and Good and you should check it out or a playthrough if there is one

And Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of the best JRPGs ever

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

nerdbot posted:

Yeah, this is more or less exactly how it went down. Bonesaw seems like a cool dude.

Hellioning posted:

He is, theoretically, reformed, which is why he got unbanned in the first place.

Mind, I haven't actually watched him stream, so I don't know how much better he is acting, if at all.

I just turned him on for a minute just to see WTF this was all about. He made a loud screeching noise when he killed someone or he died or whatever, so I turned him off. I don't think I'm missing anything.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

no, lttp rando is not about getting irrationally angry at things you can't control. it's about laughing your rear end off at things you can't control and rolling with it.

plus memes about a cane

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mega Man and DKC are the games where I just tune out and do something else while they're going on.

Looking forward the MGS runs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

nerdbot posted:

He's unbanned, and he submitted a run for this event but it wasn't accepted.

e: Also it wasn't really a matter of him like technically doing something wrong, basically the first thing he did once he got on the mic was tell people to go spam Air Canada's twitter, which is a really lovely thing to do and probably the actual reason he was banned as opposed to all of the other silliness

• Locked thread