Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Maybe Tyler too?

I've never seen this man before but I would 100% rock that ownage rear end tank top to the gym and irl and at the beach and on runs and on dates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
lol well I've watched about 3 minutes of tyler1 and he's self-satisfied shouting "gg ez, this is what happens, you still get shitstomped" so I definitely believe he's reformed

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mobas kinda make sense as spectator sport where there's peaks and valleys of excitement and the team aspect means there's more personalities to root/jeer for and the top-down view makes it easy to understand what's going on at any given time

now playihng mobas, that's where i'm completely baffled

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I've never seen this man before but I would 100% rock that ownage rear end tank top to the gym and irl and at the beach and on runs and on dates

No you wouldn't, it's not Sonic.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Majuju posted:

lol well I've watched about 3 minutes of tyler1 and he's self-satisfied shouting "gg ez, this is what happens, you still get shitstomped" so I definitely believe he's reformed

Welp. This'll lead to some fun discussion in-game.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

beep by grandpa posted:

I just had a thought...I was thinking about how every single moba looks the same to me and there are prbably 892483924 meta things going on every given second that I'll never bother caring about and then I realized

do I like lttp rando for the same reasons other people like mobas? :psyduck:

I like LTTP rando too but I don't feel it's the same. It's not a team game and while it doesn't make sense if you don't know the vanilla game there aren't tons of characters with tons of abilities it's just a couple dozen items and you'd know the function of each of them if you played through the game once.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

mobas kinda make sense as spectator sport where there's peaks and valleys of excitement and the team aspect means there's more personalities to root/jeer for and the top-down view makes it easy to understand what's going on at any given time

now playihng mobas, that's where i'm completely baffled

I enjoy Heroes of the Storm.

I dropped League shortly after starting.

I can't even watch DOTA.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

No you wouldn't, it's not Sonic.

I've posted about this before in the sonic thread but I have this sonic shirt that I bought when I was fat and it was too small for it and my goal was to run a lot and lose weight until it fit and now it fits and now I get lots of attention from women now. Basically Sonic helped me get laid.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

axeil posted:

no, lttp rando is not about getting irrationally angry at things you can't control. it's about laughing your rear end off at things you can't control and rolling with it.

plus memes about a cane

yeah yesterday I forgot peg cave existed and wasted a solid 20 minutes doing ped and searching everywhere and it was a great time

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mega Man the Zero the Third

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

There is nothing sonic cannot do.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Just got home from work gang, should I catch up on Sonic Adventure or watch this MegaMan thing

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

I've posted about this before in the sonic thread but I have this sonic shirt that I bought when I was fat and it was too small for it and my goal was to run a lot and lose weight until it fit and now it fits and now I get lots of attention from women now. Basically Sonic helped me get laid.

Toot toot

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

oh poo poo I'm really honored and happy for you that I got to tell you there's a sequel to the genesis game. Seriously Legend of Oasis loving RULED and I didn't even kow anything about the first one till years later.

If you can find the rom I was able to easily emulate the game on a saturn emu back in like 2009 so I'm sure it's even easier to do then!!! :D

hell yes

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

You're an inspiration, beep :patriot:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i like the idea of mega man zero a LOT but a fatal flaw is that it's a GBA game and there's just not enough screen real estate to go as fast as you wanna, enemies just pop up outta nowhere it feels like

but i played zero 1 and 2 a fuckload when they were new and you can't take that away from me

loved that the final boss of zero 1 was X that blew my mind

guys i love mega man

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i'm watching dkc rbom i'm a minute in and already at full :stare:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

i like the idea of mega man zero a LOT but a fatal flaw is that it's a GBA game and there's just not enough screen real estate to go as fast as you wanna, enemies just pop up outta nowhere it feels like

but i played zero 1 and 2 a fuckload when they were new and you can't take that away from me

loved that the final boss of zero 1 was X that blew my mind

guys i love mega man

my hot take is that pre 3DS handheld games are bad except for rpgs and nostalgia

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

i'm watching dkc rbom i'm a minute in and already at full :stare:

let your kong expand

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
the guy playing this mega mens game looks like jared from silicon valley

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Yo did he loving cut that boss in half down the middle? This game is way more hardcore than I remember.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Your Computer posted:

let your kong expand

The best Donkey Kong is still DK5.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ThePagey posted:

Yo did he loving cut that boss in half down the middle? This game is way more hardcore than I remember.

Mega Man X is like Mega Man But Edgy right? So is Mega Man Zero like Mega Man X But Edgier?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ThePagey posted:

doktor wily turned off zero's pain inhibitors

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I never got mega man. It just did nothing for me.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
the visual echos on the mega man are making me feel like ive got the drunk double vision

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThePagey posted:

yea if you kill a boss with a sword slash you cut them in half

Your Computer posted:

Mega Man X is like Mega Man But Edgy right? So is Mega Man Zero like Mega Man X But Edgier?

more or less, zero take place in more or less a desolate wasteland where humans i think are basically extinct (i forget, it's been a while)

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Theres something about GBA games that look so ugly to me. I dunno what it is but the fidelity of the sprites, background and pallets always look dull and blurry. And this is across a lot of games.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

WHO WILL LIVE AND WHO WILL DIE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dork457 posted:

Theres something about GBA games that look so ugly to me. I dunno what it is but the fidelity of the sprites, background and pallets always look dull and blurry. And this is across a lot of games.

AGREE

I've never played the sonic advance & metroid games on there just cause the screen resolution is so bad it looks hideous to me. I'd probably like them too.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Dork457 posted:

Well it's a 240 × 160 resolution with 512 colors

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Waffles Inc. posted:

my hot take is that pre 3DS handheld games are bad except for rpgs and nostalgia

Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dork457 posted:

they're just not designed to be played at this high a resolution

also a lot of the palletes are real drat bright because the first revision of the gba didn't have a backlight

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
You guys sure have opinions on the pronunciation of オタコン.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

they're just not designed to be played at this high a resolution

also a lot of the palletes are real drat bright because the first revision of the gba didn't have a backlight

did not know this, that makes sense

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dork457 posted:

hard agree

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also if you don't like elite beat agents you're barely human

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
Meryl>Otacon. sorry nerds

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I feel like the runner is sitting at a weird angle with his head way back. Anyone else see this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
donation goes to donator's choice

sure does, doesnt it

lmfao

• Locked thread