Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kim Jong Il posted:

You also shouldn't conflate Israeli governments with Likud. There was demonstrable progress under recent Labor and Kadima governments. If someone wants to improve the lives of Palestinians, stop doing stupid poo poo like BDS that empowers Likud, so the opposition can actually win an election.
Maybe the Israeli voters should stop doing stupid poo poo like making Likud and their coalition mates the government of Israel if they don't want to empower reasonable protests against apartheid like BDS and work to increase demand for the isolation of their country. They are grownups and should acknowledge the consequences of their actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Israeli suspected in organ trafficking arrested in Cyprus

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5067026,00.html

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

forkboy84 posted:

Maybe the Israeli voters should stop doing stupid poo poo like making Likud and their coalition mates the government of Israel if they don't want to empower reasonable protests against apartheid like BDS and work to increase demand for the isolation of their country. They are grownups and should acknowledge the consequences of their actions.

You're sincerely engaging a guy who's doing the "well if black people want to stop being disproportionately murdered and arrested by the police, maybe they shouldnt commit so many crimes!" bit

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

forkboy84 posted:

Turn back, forkboy. Go back to the safe posting haven of UKMT. There is nothing but suffering for everyone involved in I/P. Don't even get me started on the country.

Also KJI, kindly go gently caress yourself. If you wanna poo poo on people for supporting bds instead of helping an Israeli government that will actually do something for Palestinians I really hope you're out canvassing for Meretz or the Arab parties.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/01/arab-league-aims-nullify-trump-jerusalem-move-180107101530055.html

quote:

"We [the Arab League] will confront the decision by seeking a [UN] resolution, an international one, to recognise a Palestinian state on 1967 borders with Jerusalem as its capital," he said.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair, Bibi was poised to lose and then unleashed some major dirty tricks that would have impressed even the GOP.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VideoGameVet posted:

To be fair, Bibi was poised to lose and then unleashed some major dirty tricks that would have impressed even the GOP.

The dirty trick hinged on the bigotry of significant portions of the Jewish public, though.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The dirty trick hinged on the bigotry of significant portions of the Jewish public, though.

True. Sadly.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/theIMEU/status/950418333211426817
https://twitter.com/theIMEU/status/950444075559325696

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
wow im shocked that the comedian who has taken every opportunity when asked about empathy or charity to talk about how he loving hates the homeless and the poor and thinks people with wealth deserve it because they worked for it and he doesnt donate to anything because he thinks people who look for handouts are weak etc, also is a pedophile, im shocked that guy is a fascist who loves ethnic cleansing

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
seinfeld is a pedo?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

botany posted:

seinfeld is a pedo?

Well, ephebophile, as the joke goes. He dated a teenager for a while.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
He was 38 and she was 17. Not really pedophile, I'm exaggerating because he's still a loving creep using his wealth and power to influence a teenager.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah that's gross as hell. thanks, didn't know that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

This isn't some special privilege he got because of his wealth or fame, by the way. This is a standard tourist thing that anyone can attend. For $115 a person, you can watch brave IDF heroes demonstrate how they beat up protesters (including the use of guns and dogs), then pretend to be a brave IDF hero in a live counter-terrorism simulation where you get to roleplay being a soldier and shooting fake guns at cardboard cutouts of Arabs in heated anti-terror scenarios, and you can even go to a firing range to pretend you're a brave IDF hero with a real gun. They even have a summer camp program.

Look at these loving scum having a loving blast pretending to play colonial soldier.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Under the vegetable posted:

He was 38 and she was 17. Not really pedophile,

I'm not attacking you or anything and I know you're disgusted by it as well, but I want to point out that it's really likely they met way before the story broke

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm not attacking you or anything and I know you're disgusted by it as well, but I want to point out that it's really likely they met way before the story broke

You know, you're probably right. I don't know why I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kim Jong Il posted:

You also shouldn't conflate Israeli governments with Likud. There was demonstrable progress under recent Labor and Kadima governments. If someone wants to improve the lives of Palestinians, stop doing stupid poo poo like BDS that empowers Likud, so the opposition can actually win an election.

nothing to see here :tif:

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/950106517776289795

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
dont ruin seinfeld for me :(

to be fair he was the least funny part of the show, i'm a kramer man

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

dont ruin seinfeld for me :(

to be fair he was the least funny part of the show, i'm a kramer man

George or bust.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Send Larry David to one of those things instead. He would probably end up setting off an unpredictable and whacky chain of events that kills all the settlers and liberates a good chunk of Palestinian territory

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Labor had more support to form a government the last time around, but election law is the largest plurality gets the first chance to form a coalition. Netanyahu's dog whistle didn't change the total # of seats that the Israeli right was going to win in the last election, but it got Bennett voters to switch, giving Netanyahu the chance to form a coalition before Herzog. Likud has barely skated by, they only are in power to begin with because Kadima couldn't get everyone to stop bickering and form a government in 2009.

Your argument is a call for collective punishment, and analogous to saying that violence is okay against Palestinians for supporting Hamas. The idea that we're going to get peace as a result of unilateral hostility is loving stupid regardless of whether it's Bennett or Barghouti saying it.

Under the vegetable posted:

You're sincerely engaging a guy who's doing the "well if black people want to stop being disproportionately murdered and arrested by the police, maybe they shouldnt commit so many crimes!" bit

This is a pathetic loving bullshit lie.

Miftan posted:

Also KJI, kindly go gently caress yourself. If you wanna poo poo on people for supporting bds instead of helping an Israeli government that will actually do something for Palestinians I really hope you're out canvassing for Meretz or the Arab parties.

Or you could actually cast a vote that has a chance to leading to peace and support Yesh Atid, Labor, or Kulanu. Anti-Zionists already tried "resistance" against Israel in the second intifada and it was a miserable failure - one that got a lot of people killed, which directly caused settlement construction and right wing governments to take power.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kim Jong Il posted:

Labor had more support to form a government the last time around, but election law is the largest plurality gets the first chance to form a coalition.

What evidence do you have that Labor had more support to form a government? And while traditionally the party with the largest plurality gets the first chance, what actually happens is that the President hosts representatives from all parties who then suggest the prime minister they'd like (this usually follows some preliminary inter-party negotiations). In 2009, Kadima had the plurality, but Likud's head (Netanyahu) ended up forming the government, ironically enough with Labor (which came in fourth, after Kadima, Likud, and Israel Beitenu).

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kim Jong Il posted:

This is a pathetic loving bullshit lie.

Don't sign your posts.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

Or you could actually cast a vote that has a chance to leading to peace and support Yesh Atid, Labor, or Kulanu.

The parties which focus almost entirely on domestic issues and whose position on Palestine is a vague, handwavey "status quo but with less terrorism"?

Donald J Trump
Jan 8, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
stop talking about kadima you bastards. stop breaking my heart

Donald J Trump
Jan 8, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
btw it's my third wedding anniversary tomorrow

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Kurtofan posted:

i'm a kramer man

I mean, there was that thing...

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

The parties which focus almost entirely on domestic issues and whose position on Palestine is a vague, handwavey "status quo but with less terrorism"?

Yes but don't forget they promote the status quo and love racist dogwhistles, which I assume is why KJI likes them. If any of those parties get into power literally nothing will change for the Palestinians and considering how populist they can be it might even get worse.

E: this is even more true of labour now that Gabai is in charge. The other 2 are sock puppets with no ideology beyond 'neoliberalism is great but we'll make some noise about helping the poor'. Lapid thinks religious people get too much free poo poo as well?

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

Your argument is a call for collective punishment, and analogous to saying that violence is okay against Palestinians for supporting Hamas. The idea that we're going to get peace as a result of unilateral hostility is loving stupid regardless of whether it's Bennett or Barghouti saying it.

This part strikes me as particularly wrong. Can you elaborate on your thoughts here? Can you explain what collective punishment is, why it's wrong (if you think that it is), and how individuals choosing to boycott, divest, or sanction Israel for the actions of its elected government constitutes collective punishment?

E: Also how was Donald J Trump not already taken as a username after all of these years.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

captainblastum posted:

This part strikes me as particularly wrong. Can you elaborate on your thoughts here? Can you explain what collective punishment is, why it's wrong (if you think that it is), and how individuals choosing to boycott, divest, or sanction Israel for the actions of its elected government constitutes collective punishment?

E: Also how was Donald J Trump not already taken as a username after all of these years.

Choosing not to give your money to people who do things you disapprove of is like collective punishment. That's why you have the moral imperative to buy pilfered antiques from Daesh, fresh ivory from poachers, and drugs from Mexican cartels.

Donald J Trump
Jan 8, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
it has been exactly three years today since the final passing of arik king of israel, love of my life, and also (i found out recently due to my dads' genealogy research) probably my second cousin

i love you regardless ariel, nothing will ever part us!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/951449003530571776

Sounds like a party.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

Sounds like a party.

Probably a very trashy party.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I don't think the prime minister's son reflects on the values of the party.

Member of Knesset Oren Hazan, on the other hand...

(Also google "Oren Hazan prostitutes" and note just how many stories come up :allears:)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think the prime minister's son reflects on the values of the party.

Maybe not but when he literally says 'my dad hooked your dad up with 20 million dollars, help me out here' it's concerning. Also Yair is a poo poo regardless.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miftan posted:

Maybe not but when he literally says 'my dad hooked your dad up with 20 million dollars, help me out here' it's concerning. Also Yair is a poo poo regardless.

How does this imply that Likud's party/fundraiser is going to be have strippers or whatever "trashy" means in this context?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How does this imply that Likud's party/fundraiser is going to be have strippers or whatever "trashy" means in this context?

Have you ever seen the Likudiada? It's trashy. The fact that their current leader is an ashkenazi millionaire doesn't matter, but it's nice to see that Bibi and his family has embraced the trashiness even if they're outwardly all business.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miftan posted:

Have you ever seen the Likudiada? It's trashy. The fact that their current leader is an ashkenazi millionaire doesn't matter, but it's nice to see that Bibi and his family has embraced the trashiness even if they're outwardly all business.

But it's trashy because Likud is a trashy party, not because an entitled millionaire's son is trashy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But it's trashy because Likud is a trashy party, not because an entitled millionaire's son is trashy.

I think that since that millionaire is the leader of the party it's fair to say they reflect on each other though?