Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

I maintain lack of an endgame is everything wrong with Eververse. I'm seeing now there's deeper issues with microtransaction implementation in cases, for sure, but a Destiny 2 that played like Destiny 1 wouldn't be getting this heat. Few would care. Not to say it would be good for the game, I just don't see how this exact iteration of Eververse would be a problem in any way if D2 played the way everyone wanted on release.
Putting everything in Eververse into the loot pool would help. Like the Vex armor, which can drop as armor with current light, but have it in the shop as 10 light too. Have options to directly buy stuff for silver AND dust. Also have a substantial endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Policenaut posted:

It's been awhile but didn't Bungie only ever update D1's icon for the yearly expansions and at the very end for Age of Triumph?

If I recall starting with Dark Below, everything got a new screen.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

^burtle posted:

No?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

^burtle posted:

I could be wrong, but I think it was Taken King onward that got us new screens/title music.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

Putting everything in Eververse into the loot pool would help. Like the Vex armor, which can drop as armor with current light, but have it in the shop as 10 light too. Have options to directly buy stuff for silver AND dust. Also have a substantial endgame.

Item types put into the loot pool, yes. Which Faction Rally will be addressing in the next go with Ghosts and Sparrows, I believe. Merely a start, but it is one. Great ideas here, and infinitely more productive than anything close to getting rid of the store.

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys
Whose dick do I have to suck to get transferred to Big Dum Space Mans? The overflow clan I'm in seems dead.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh, does it require a trip to the lighthouse or whatever it's called now?

poo poo, is Trials going now? I don't even know.

It's still going, Trials runs from Friday until the reset. Purpose drops from a Trials engram you get from the lady at the Spire. Cards with 3 & 5 wins get you an engram that can drop Trials weapons or Armor. A Card with 7 wins gets you a choice of 3 Trials weapons, but Purpose isn't in that choice this weekend. Getting a Flawless card gets you a choice of 2 armor pieces. You also get 4 tokens for each Trials win along with additional tokens for each Challenge you complete, so by the time we are finished with a single Trials run I usually have enough tokens for 2 additional Engrams.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

cvnvcnv posted:

This, and icon on the home screen. Like, Bungie. Hey, guys. Maybe the giant as gently caress 2 over the burning ruins of everything we fought for in D1 is bad branding and you should get away from it. Maybe? :downs:

Seems fitting, actually

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
A giant number 2

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

What's so bad about the eververse? It's the reason we don't have shader/ship/sparrow kiosks. Ok, annoying, but what else?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wazzit posted:

It's still going, Trials runs from Friday until the reset. Purpose drops from a Trials engram you get from the lady at the Spire. Cards with 3 & 5 wins get you an engram that can drop Trials weapons or Armor. A Card with 7 wins gets you a choice of 3 Trials weapons, but Purpose isn't in that choice this weekend. Getting a Flawless card gets you a choice of 2 armor pieces. You also get 4 tokens for each Trials win along with additional tokens for each Challenge you complete, so by the time we are finished with a single Trials run I usually have enough tokens for 2 additional Engrams.

Hm, maybe I should try to talk a couple of friends into slamming our dicks in the door that is me trying to do competitive Destiny PvP for a little bit.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rubellavator posted:

What's so bad about the eververse? It's the reason we don't have shader/ship/sparrow kiosks. Ok, annoying, but what else?

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone.

Lol

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone.
Deep...

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Well, it is a quote from Eisenhower's Chance for Peace speech.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol yeah but that’s basically the most famous instance of someone smart telling everyone that dedicating resources to thing A tends to take resources away from thing B, even in the abstract.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
humanity, hanging from a cross of relic iron

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
The real is that we have 7 or 8 billion people when we should have about 2.

Infinite growth is not possible. It will be the end of us but no one has the balls to address it, except for China, not even sure if that's still a thing though.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

I appreciate this

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Whatever happened to the moana clan? Are they still going?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Whatever happened to the moana clan? Are they still going?

It exists, and has several members, but activity is scarce. It's mostly the first two Big Dumb clans that have anything going on, with Moanas being the bench.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

The real is that we have 7 or 8 billion people when we should have about 2.

Infinite growth is not possible. It will be the end of us but no one has the balls to address it, except for China, not even sure if that's still a thing though.

Wtf is this???

There is a sanctity to human life, you psycho, an abstract Harry Potter magical loving quality that makes us above the reproach of having to live in accordance with the entirety of the observable universe, from dealing with the categorical fact that humans are weak meat and we shouldn't be allowed to gently caress ourselves to extinction from ten thousand sources just because me wanna cum.

How the gently caress dare you. You're sick.

vvvvvvvvvvvv

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

and other times I think I would just shoot myself in the face instead

He means me, everyone.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 9, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If I had to hang out in real life with the posters of any SA Thread, sometimes I think it would definitely be this thread and other times I think I would just shoot myself in the face instead

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Need more gay people to convert others and thin the herd

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If I had to hang out in real life with the posters of any SA Thread, sometimes I think it would definitely be this thread and other times I think I would just shoot myself in the face instead

¿Por que no los dos?

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

- Agent Smith

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Neo was a lag switcher.

Prove me wrong.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Drain 001 posted:

I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

- Agent Smith

I’m AIDS

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

CheeseFactory posted:

Neo was a lag switcher.

Prove me wrong.

Nah, the Matrix was just console based, and he simply bought a Xim.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Coldforge posted:

Nah, the Matrix was just console based, and he simply bought a Xim.

Mind = Blown

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SlimGoodbody posted:

But also yeah I'd love a bunch of weapons that were explicitly designed to be fun in a videogame that remembers that fun is the ultimate goal of videogames, but instead we got the D2 spreadsheet meta

The Gears of War and Ratchet & Clank games were really good at this, creating unusual weapons that you wouldn't see in other games. It's disappointing that Destiny, with all of its potential, just relies on a lot of standard weaponry that you'd see in a COD game.

I wish Bungie would spice the game up and make it so that current exotics are legendary and then introduce some exotic gear that actually significantly impacts playstyle. The current exotics aren't very exotic, their perks are really weak and should be the kind of thing you find on legendary gear instead.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
https://youtu.be/QEtVoVAF1Uw

destiny 2 should do a similar vid except 2 people are awkwardly fired from the squad (garcia and the nerd lawyer) to meet 4x4 PVP requirements

Someone tweet this at Luke Smith

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Still lolling at this

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

wintrrmute posted:

https://youtu.be/QEtVoVAF1Uw

destiny 2 should do a similar vid except 2 people are awkwardly fired from the squad (garcia and the nerd lawyer) to meet 4x4 PVP requirements

Someone tweet this at Luke Smith

I'm sure they would leave voluntarily

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm sure they would leave voluntarily

They should do that commercial but at the start it’s a bunch of bros playing destiny 2 and they all get recruited to play Fortnight

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm opening up some slots in Boat Drivin Space Moanas.

On a side note, if you have any suggestions for Boat Drivin Moana-con 2018, we are taking hotel recommendations this week.

These are both serious statements.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the division update is pretty fun

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Speaking of xims and aids...

https://youtu.be/TBqT9i9EH2k

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm opening up some slots in Boat Drivin Space Moanas.

On a side note, if you have any suggestions for Boat Drivin Moana-con 2018, we are taking hotel recommendations this week.

These are both serious statements.

Motel 6 on century boulevard near LAX

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Legs Benedict posted:

Motel 6 on century boulevard near LAX

Noted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck