Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Vasudus posted:

Biscos was a lot more justified when it was a 1ex item. At 15ex you would be foolish to keep it. You're giving up one of the biggest damage spots for something that requires thousands of maps to break even. Even if you don't need the damage, go run a Sadimas for the same return and pocket the sale money.

Or spend a few ex on a nice shaped amulet with flat quant on top of life and resists and other useful things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
How reliable of a leech item would Berek's Grip be? I'm running an EK/BV/Lightpoacher full conversion inquisitor shortly, so things *should* be shocked/frozen all the time. I don't want to run Warlord's on a ring.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

The Locator posted:

I guess I am searching wrong, because when I put in Chaos Orb and search it gives me this URL - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Abyss/xejrfo

Which looks like this:

Chaos Orb Listings

:iiam:

Click bulk item exchange up top.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Phobophilia posted:

I'm kinda in a weird position, I'd been intending to sell my Bisco's for a long time, but I've been generating a ton of currency from just regular play as I work through my cheeves. Hell, it's even sitting unused on a character that I only occasionally log on to, while all my other characters are forced to use other neckpieces.

Sold mine today for 16ex and it went in less than 5 minutes pretty early in the morning.

Magus42 posted:

Click bulk item exchange up top.

Thank you.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Also if there's room in the guild, character name Shimotohi

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm trying to get my shaper orb that will turn a t8 into a t13, but I did the first 7 two weeks ago. Do I need to spread the grey or the black influence on the board?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zotix posted:

I'm trying to get my shaper orb that will turn a t8 into a t13, but I did the first 7 two weeks ago. Do I need to spread the grey or the black influence on the board?

Grey.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
If you're getting your last few shaper orbs I recommend just buying a shaped version of a yellow map that's already under Elder influence.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vasudus posted:

How reliable of a leech item would Berek's Grip be? I'm running an EK/BV/Lightpoacher full conversion inquisitor shortly, so things *should* be shocked/frozen all the time. I don't want to run Warlord's on a ring.

it's a staple for spell builds iirc, go hog wild

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Well Lightpoacher is amazing lmbo

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Magus42 posted:

Also if there's room in the guild, character name Shimotohi

Guild is currently full.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ciaphas posted:

Well Lightpoacher is amazing lmbo

Yeah, it fuckin owns

Wanted to share this build I've been working on that I tried to conceive on my own (using a lot of general wisdom from other builds) that's based around making the best use of Shroud of the Lightless.

lightlesstron: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/voltron131/characters

I wanted to play EK, but obviously the standard Inquisitor doesn't work since it wastes the main benefit of the Shroud, so I landed on Pathfinder instead and its going really well! To sorta make up for not being Inquisitor I tri-balanced my resists for maximum Wise Oak efficiency and that combined with like 10 abyss jewels seems to be getting me some pretty decent deeps. If I'm doing the math right, with my flask effectiveness and the Nature's Boon node it also gives me the equivalent of like +5% max all resistance so its not even that squishy. Not that it's tanky by any means, and bossing above low red maps is probably not advised, but as a map clearer its absolutely killing it. One thing to note is that the +30% cold resistance on the Hrimsorrows is the only required single resistance, everything else can be just + to all resist. So I could balance the cold resist with a perfect Brightbeak (switching out the rings) for maximum go fast, but it doesn't really seem worth it right now. The Doryani's gives an absolute ton of damage since there isn't much % increased scaling on the tree and I don't wanna give it up yet. For leech I'm sustaining totally off of Assassin's Mark kills for mana, which surprisingly works fine in like 95% of situations thanks to the decent mana pool I have from the scaling on the Shroud. When I stack up a bunch of Lightpoacher charges I can basically start clearing just by shield charging, which not only is fast but also uses like no mana. For bosses I just manually cast Warlord's like a goddamn noob. I'd love to have the boot leech enchant of course but I opted to use Bubonic Trail boots to keep with the abyss theme and those get pricey as hell if you want an enchant.

Overall, I'm loving this build and would def recommend something similar to anyone with like a dozen ex burning a hole in their pockets. Worth noting though that the actual best use of Shroud of the Lightless is probably to stack another penetration gem on top of it and go like molten strike or something.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

:pwn:
Where the gently caress is that "80 exalt" number coming from? I feel like I saw it on Reddit off of some really bad dumb math, but wherever it's from is dumb and bad.

Saying biscos is "never worth it" is really god drat dumb and sounds like some poo poo coming from someone who's never used the thing in a reasonable manner. I can tell you personally in legacy league I almost tripled the amount of currency I generated because of the insane quant bonus it gives. Provided you aren't doing something really stupid like running maps with no mobs(strand) or awful layouts (excavation, cells, spider forest to an extent but it's probably worth it with a biscos) you are going to Hoover currency and maps (which you can sell for more currency) like it's nothing.

I feel like the amount of maps you have to run is overstated but yeah, if you're not running a decent number of them you won't see as many immediate returns

As far as "wear other mf gear" nothing comes close to biscos. You'd have to wear multiple pieces like windripper, sadimas and ventors(completely ignoring the part where well rolled ventors are also stupid expensive) to come close to the iir biscos gives, and that's not even counting the iiq, which nothing else in the game touches.

ahh yes the average goon who rerolls before or at level 90 is sure going to see a return on investment by using that biscos :goonsay:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
So regarding Bisco. If you have one and don't need the neck slot for your particular build or the currency you'd get from selling it now, put it on and sell it later when you do need the currency.

If you're sitting on 16ex and can fit it in your build, buy it and use it. Sell it again when you want to use that currency for something else.

Apart from a minor dip over Christmas, It hasn't gone down in value at any point and it's probably not going to until the end of league is announced.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I just went ES / low life on my ED occultist. I have Shavronne's Wrappings, rares focusing on ES, and the power from within Jewel. I also found a unique ring with decent resists and some bonuses while on low life. I know there's a very expensive low life ES necklace, but I'll never be able to afford it. Are there any other uniques I should look into? Right now I'm sitting at 6k ES, but I see videos of people with like 8-9k.

Also, is the super frosty ES shield that looks like it's bleeding into the health portion of the globe just from huge amounts of ES, CI, or something else entirely?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The orb changes based on your total Life:ES values. It's supposed to give you a better idea of how important it is. A famous HC streamer died in the top occultist spot in Turmoil because he forgot he was CI and not hybrid anymore, so get used to thinking ES=life!

Generally speaking from now on all your gear choices should be with ES in mind. You'll get up to 8-9k eventually.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

hawowanlawow posted:

I just went ES / low life on my ED occultist. I have Shavronne's Wrappings, rares focusing on ES, and the power from within Jewel. I also found a unique ring with decent resists and some bonuses while on low life. I know there's a very expensive low life ES necklace, but I'll never be able to afford it. Are there any other uniques I should look into? Right now I'm sitting at 6k ES, but I see videos of people with like 8-9k.

Also, is the super frosty ES shield that looks like it's bleeding into the health portion of the globe just from huge amounts of ES, CI, or something else entirely?

There is a cheap version of that ES necklace that will at least prevent stuns. Probably want that and a rare shield with lots of ES.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think the veil of the night should be updated to provide bonuses against abyss monsters

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Veil of the Night should be updated in some way to not be total garbage.

If there were ever zones/maps that didn't include elemental damage it would maybe have a place, but there's always a mix of phys/ele everywhere you go, so it will never get any use.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

Veil of the Night should be updated in some way to not be total garbage.

If there were ever zones/maps that didn't include elemental damage it would maybe have a place, but there's always a mix of phys/ele everywhere you go, so it will never get any use.

In theory you can do some shenanigans with blood of corruption, but it's still garbage.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I came up with a lazy HC SSF build that actually kicks rear end and is mostly all defense nodes and trash gear.

Cast While Channeling + Charged Dash + Desecrate + Volatile Dead + Cascade Support

You'd need a five link, or it works well with the Oni sword or Tabula. I'm using the Oni since I'm SSF.

How it works is:

- Go get a high level, high HP spectre if you can

- optionally put down a Decoy Totem at the pack you want to kill

- hold down the Charged Dash button in the pack's direction

This will drop piles of corpses (15 at a time, some of them will be your spectre type+level) and then fire off 9 Volatile Dead. As long as you keep Charged Dash held, you'll keep cycling between the two spells, carpet bombing the area. Scorching Ray would dramatically increase damage but this already shreds everything and Charged Dash gives you an always-ready escape, or lets you advance as you slay. You can tell when it's safe to dash forwards because you'll see the Volatile Dead orbs will stop homing in on enemies.

Since Volatile Dead explosions scale with corpse life it requires no damage nodes (I grabbed Arsonist since it includes a nice life regen for some reason) and holding down charged dash takes practically no mana at all so I run 70% aura reservation.

For extra tanking I grabbed the minion nodes near Templar so my Zombies / Stone Golem / Spectre / Animate Guardian are all beefed up and survive most bosses.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Zero VGS posted:

I came up with a lazy HC SSF build that actually kicks rear end and is mostly all defense nodes and trash gear.

Cast While Channeling + Charged Dash + Desecrate + Volatile Dead + Cascade Support

You'd need a five link, or it works well with the Oni sword or Tabula. I'm using the Oni since I'm SSF.

How it works is:

This will drop piles of corpses (15 at a time, some of them will be your spectre type+level) and then fire off 9 Volatile Dead. As long as you keep Charged Dash held, you'll keep cycling between the two spells, carpet bombing the area. Scorching Ray would dramatically increase damage but this already shreds everything and Charged Dash gives you an always-ready escape, or lets you advance as you slay. You can tell when it's safe to dash forwards because you'll see the Volatile Dead orbs will stop homing in on enemies.

Since Volatile Dead explosions scale with corpse life it requires no damage nodes (I grabbed Arsonist since it includes a nice life regen for some reason) and holding down charged dash takes practically no mana at all so I run 70% aura reservation.

For extra tanking I grabbed the minion nodes near Templar so my Zombies / Stone Golem / Spectre / Animate Guardian are all beefed up and survive most bosses.

Clever. Necro ascendency I assume?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

How it works is:

video?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

regulargonzalez posted:

Clever. Necro ascendency I assume?

I was building a Scion towards Deadeye without realizing that Spark was nerfed, but since my buffs were pretty much all defensive I was able to pivot into this build. I'm thinking with Scion I might take the ascendancy for the second Stone Golem, can never have too much taunting/regen.

I'm at work but I googled and found a video of someone using Cast While Channel + Charged Dash + Volatile Dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hq16FYbnvc

So, my build plays like that, but Cascade gives 3 times the corpses, 3 times the explosions, 3 times the orbs.

Edit: Also I can't overstate how much damage it'll do when you put down a Decoy Totem... the range for the totem and the Desecrate are about the same, so all the mobs walk into this perfect killzone. Laser-targeted carpet bombing is the best way to describe it.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 8, 2018

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Is the +1 VD Corpse enchant not in PoB right now? I want to add it to see how much of a DPS increase it is, but it's not an option even when I click the "all skills" checkbox in the enchant window.

Zero VGS posted:

I was building a Scion towards Deadeye without realizing that Spark was nerfed, but since my buffs were pretty much all defensive I was able to pivot into this build. I'm thinking with Scion I might take the ascendancy for the second Stone Golem, can never have too much taunting/regen.

I'm at work but I googled and found a video of someone using Cast While Channel + Charged Dash + Volatile Dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hq16FYbnvc

So, my build plays like that, but Cascade gives 3 times the corpses, 3 times the explosions, 3 times the orbs.

Edit: Also I can't overstate how much damage it'll do when you put down a Decoy Totem... the range for the totem and the Desecrate are about the same, so all the mobs walk into this perfect killzone. Laser-targeted carpet bombing is the best way to describe it.

This looks fairly effective and real, real boring.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Golem buffs don't stack with themselves, unfortunately. If you run two golems you're better off having them be two different golems, unless you really really want another source of taunt.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

The Wonder Weapon posted:

This looks fairly effective and real, real boring.

It's not super fun when you're playing it safe in the storyline, but when you have to fight boss battles in arenas, it's very interesting because you're planning out your dodges in advance with Charged Dash, which doesn't feel like any other kind of mobility in the game since you're stuck in place while prepping an instant teleport.

The one downside to Charged Dash is that there doesn't seem to be any way to cancel it, so occasionally you'll see a situation where you're channeling in place and get ambushed, but the place you're committed to dash to is also bad news.

McFrugal posted:

Golem buffs don't stack with themselves, unfortunately. If you run two golems you're better off having them be two different golems, unless you really really want another source of taunt.

Thanks, I had assumed they'd stack. Guess a Chaos Golem for more phys reduction then. I just got Soul of Tukohama which synergizes very well with channeling since you're stuck in place.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Is there any way to know when the next stash tab sale will be? I want to pick up a maps tab, maybe a cards tab, and convert some of my existing tabs to premium and/or get a quad size tab or three, but I've very much like to maximize my money spent.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They're done every 3 weekends, and the last one was over Christmas, so it should be this weekend.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

whypick1 posted:

They're done every 3 weekends, and the last one was over Christmas, so it should be this weekend.

nice

I regret every non-tab purchase

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

nice

The only non-tab stuff I bought was the Spark Spiders and the Win Fireworks and those are both pretty great.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If you ever want to buy weapon effects, grab a supporter pack with the effect you want - support pack weapon effects apply to both weapons if you're dual-wielding, while normal effects are per-weapon which sucks and is stupid.

Abyss Jewels are utterly insane and make every build imaginable actually workable. Next league when they remove them is going to be lovely.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

sushibandit posted:

If you ever want to buy weapon effects, grab a supporter pack with the effect you want - support pack weapon effects apply to both weapons if you're dual-wielding, while normal effects are per-weapon which sucks and is stupid.

I got like $80 worth of coins a few years back with a purchase of a GTX card, which makes it kinda bullshit that all these packs can only be bought with real money... they should offer some without included coins that I can buy with coins I have. GGG already got paid for these, after all.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

sushibandit posted:

I got a pack because it came with the same dollar amount worth of coins so that I could then later buy tabs with the coins, and also because my weapons were boring. As a bonus I've got a cape now.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

So, do you (or anyone else) know what time the weekend tab sales start and end? This coming weekend I'm going out of town from Saturday morning early until late Monday evening.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They go Friday-Sunday NZ time, so late Thursday to late Saturday (looks like 7PM PST).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 9, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hawowanlawow posted:

nice

spoken like someone without a celestial hood

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Here's a quick video of my actual build... my gems are kind underleveled since I changed the build 4 hours of playtime ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOLFBN5GITI

By the way, any idea for a better 6th link than Poison? I can't come up with anything else and I don't want to blow through Chromatics trying to get 3B 3G on the Oni.

Edit: Nevermind, Poison doesn't even work with that. I switched out Oni for a Scepter and my 5-L body armor. Doing way more damage now and I'm able to smoke the Abyss stuff now since this attack is perfect for bombing the rifts quickly.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 9, 2018

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

They go Friday-Sunday NZ time, so late Thursday to late Saturday (looks like 7PM PST).

Awesome, thanks! Have to remember to grab them on Thursday.

Also just caught my first soul to buff my pantheon thing, and finished my 2nd ascendancy trial. Only died once! Woo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I have a Blade Flurry Raider built around dealing a shitload of cold damage and crits. If I wanted to use a Blasphemy aura, would it make more sense to use rear end Mark or Frostbite?