Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Holy crab that owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

None of us will ever be as cool as Knife Crab or the crab who ripped off he own claw.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

They're total badasses. I'm getting a new respect for crabbos.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
ah, good morning, sir - you're looking especially crabby this morning

why thank you jeeves, i'm chuffed as a fiddler crab in july

very good, sir

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Get stabbed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Merry Crabmas! Have some EDF style crab action.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFLvR4TaOI

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Art by DeimosRemus!

The Ushi-Oni is a monster from Japanese folklore. It usually has the head of a cow or bull. One of the most famous of the Ushi-Oni is a massive sea creature that resides off the coast of Shimane Prefecture! It has that bull head, but the body of a massive crab or spider crab, and it attacks fishermen for funsies.

Giant crabs exist in other mythologies, too! Greek mythology has Karkinos (or Carcinus or Cancer), a giant crab that came to the aid of the hydra as it battled Heracles. Heikeigani crabs in Japan are said to bear the souls of fallen samurai. Tihtipihin is the Native American god and father of all hermit crabs. Tambanokano is a giant crab of Mandayan folklore, and he's said to be the child of the sun and moon; when he leaves his hole in the sea, the tides go low, and when he returns to his hole, the tides rise.

Neat!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

my cat is norris posted:

Heikeigani crabs in Japan are said to bear the souls of fallen samurai.

They say the crabs evolved this way, but perhaps samurai masks did instead

edit: fixed

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 29, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

lol i love this video. i love the accent because even beyond the way he's dressed and the fact that he's missing a tooth or two you can just tell he's gonna do something kind of dumb and kind of rad, and sure enough he sticks his whole body in that crab hole and yanks out a crab that would probably break his finger if it got hold of him

and the camera man is "waaaa mate GOOD JOB"

do you eat those kinds of crabs or do you just catch them for fun?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

ekuNNN posted:

Some marine biologist made the multiple crab cycle in response to the other one:

Man, that must have really sucked.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tumble posted:

lol i love this video. i love the accent because even beyond the way he's dressed and the fact that he's missing a tooth or two you can just tell he's gonna do something kind of dumb and kind of rad, and sure enough he sticks his whole body in that crab hole and yanks out a crab that would probably break his finger if it got hold of him

and the camera man is "waaaa mate GOOD JOB"

do you eat those kinds of crabs or do you just catch them for fun?

I think it takes a special kind of courage to dive headfirst into a hole that has a massive angry crab.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bell_ posted:

They say the crabs evolved this way, but perhaps samurai masks did instead

edit: fixed

Nah, there used to be normal ones too but fisherman would throw back the samurai faced ones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hasselblad posted:

Man, that must have really sucked.

it really pushed actually

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m watching Planet Earth II on Netflix and the very first episode is about islands and there’s some AMAZING crab stuff going on here

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

nice crab, sis!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Powerful

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

That little crab looks like it is the embodiment of evil.

naem
May 29, 2011

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

crabland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCtAv0h0Qtg

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Need more crab in my life. You all probably do too... Here is Jojo trusting me(can't remember if I posted this or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeQcVGtC6Q

Also, Jojo used to fit into shells no bigger than a ping pong ball, but now he's a big boy and still growing. And with that, his tank is too small for exercise or enrichment, so I've been letting him roam around the room, since hermit crabs normally roam freely easily up to hundreds of feet. I can't always be around to supervise, so I finally got him a little exercise machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVRw2OwaTIk

ContraBoss fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 10, 2018

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ContraBoss posted:

Need more crab in my life. You all probably do too... Here is Jojo trusting me(can't remember if I posted this or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeQcVGtC6Q

Also, Jojo used to fit into shells no bigger than a ping pong ball, but now he's a big boy and still growing. And with that, his tank is too small for exercise or enrichment, so I've been letting him roam around the room, since hermit crabs normally roam freely easily up to hundreds of feet. I can't always be around to supervise, so I finally got him a little exercise machine.

I am getting a video unavailable message from youtube on your first vid. JoJo is looking cute

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Applesnots posted:

I am getting a video unavailable message from youtube on your first vid. JoJo is looking cute

Fixed!

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
crab made me realize i am afraid of hair not spider

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I had one wish, it would be for an entire Planet Earth series about various crabs and their hijinks.

Keli
Dec 30, 2017
This is my fetish.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was thinking they had a dearth of crabs in PE2 but then the last episode features crabs murdering a bunch of baby turtles and I was conflicted...

until I saw how cute der widdle claws were!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ContraBoss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeQcVGtC6Q

So is that actually something you bought? They sell hermit crab treadmills somewhere?
? And there's no risk he won't crawl on it until dangerous exhaustion?

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

It’s literally a hamster wheel from Petsmart. I got the idea from when he likes to endlessly walk on my hands as I overlap them, and also from a few sporadic anecdotes from other crab owners. He climbs into and out of it on his own free will, so when he gets tired or bored, he just gets off of it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Who What Now posted:

If I had one wish, it would be for an entire Planet Earth series about various crabs and their hijinks.

Somebody make this happen.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
tiny crab vs. giant starfish :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyU27qG9I68

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

mods pls change my name to unacceptable lobster tia

Neophyte