Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I'm the

$69 ERROR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I legit wonder if corporate donors are making up a lack of personal donors since the donations are getting really back heavy

Speaking of heavy, LOSE WEIGHT UYAMA SO YOU CAN LIVE TO SEE THIS EVENT GROW MORE TO HELP PEOPLE.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
neat piece of history: donation tracker for the ff6 names at the first GDQ, 8 years ago.

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
GDQ artifacts from 8 years ago.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I told UA in the 2014AGDQ thread after the marathon was over that they needed to appoint directors to help the schedule stay on track and he responded and said they were planning on doing that

What I'm trying to say is: you're welcome, everyone, for making GDQ the incredibly polished event that it is today

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Is there an "Obama" on that paper? :allears:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Cool, I'm gonna be up for the awful block, excited to see some Mike

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

...Uyama Is running again? Lol

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

axeil posted:

and yet people are still going to post conspiracy theories about fake donations and how the gdq organizers are all secret millionaires or some poo poo

I'm not smart enough to make pizzagate jokes but with speedrun terminology instead but let's just say Mikuyama paid a high price for all those "PBs" and "WRs" and I dont know what that means

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

C-SPAN Caller posted:

...Uyama Is running again? Lol

he's getting gassed after the second minute

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

timp posted:

I told UA in the 2014AGDQ thread after the marathon was over that they needed to appoint directors to help the schedule stay on track and he responded and said they were planning on doing that

What I'm trying to say is: you're welcome, everyone, for making GDQ the incredibly polished event that it is today

thank u

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

timp posted:

the true hero, you

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

funmanguy posted:

which one is UA?

From the left,

Darkman78 (that really is his name), Mike Uyama, Cool Matty

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

CharlestonJew posted:

he does?

HEY LOSE SOME WEIGHT ITS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR HEALTH

You're doing a good job with the charity but you should probably go for a few more walks!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Awful games hype!

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

timp posted:

thank you you hero you

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

timp posted:

I'm glad I have paid this paywall to avoid the AGDQ paywall

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Darkman78 (that really is his name)
in real life? drat

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

Bless

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

timp posted:

f

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

timp posted:

dude he reads this thread!!

Psst, be sure to read pages 170-185 or so

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

From the left,

Darkman78 (that really is his name), Mike Uyama, Cool Matty

yeah i know, i missed UA on the couch, ill have to catch it later

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

timp posted:

My hero!

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

pretty funny how folks that have never run an event bigger than a lan party are AGHAST at the 10% overhead on a week long event like this

timp posted:

thanks timp

thimp

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Otacon back on top. Let's go boys.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I can't wait for new reddit hot takes on how GDQ sucks because the charities are corrupt and Mike is a thief

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

in real life? drat

Oh I dunno. He's pretty funny, he was on the couch for the legendary bonesaw 2am run

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm realy pumped to see my favorite sneak man snake uncover the Mysteries of shadow moses island.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Otacon back on top. Let's go boys.

Otacon's a top man? I never would have guessed.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

uh oh pancho! posted:

pretty funny how folks that have never run an event bigger than a lan party are AGHAST at the 10% overhead on a week long event like this

yep, running fundraisers isn't cheap at all and frankly, for an event the size of the GDQs 10% is flabbergasting

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Doomsday Zone's music is some of the best in the Sonic franchise

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Oh I dunno. He's pretty funny, he was on the couch for the legendary bonesaw 2am run

Was that the run where he got banned for poo poo talking an airline, which is hilarious considering how nobody in America actually likes airlines.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm realy pumped to see my favorite sneak man snake uncover the Mysteries of shadow moses island.

An episodic phone game where Snake solves mysteries by finding all the hidden items in a scene.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

JerikTelorian posted:

I can't wait for new reddit hot takes on how GDQ sucks because the charities are corrupt and Mike is a thief

there's nothing new about those takes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Why don't people want to save Meryl. Otacon is saved in both endings do people just hate Meryl

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Psst, be sure to read pages 170-185 or so

You mean the Great Collective MMX4 SA Fever Dream of 2018? Yes, what of it?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
that mustache is a crime

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

uh oh pancho! posted:

Hell, having recently hosted a freaking BIRTHDAY PARTY I'm amazed at what they do with so little.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly I just prefer the SGDQ charity to PCF but it's not like I donate during these anyways since I want company matches lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
aw yeah this is gonna be good

• Locked thread