Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Picked up a 375 of 3F gueuze last night for $18. Seemed like a not terrible price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

very stable genius posted:

Picked up a 375 of 3F gueuze last night for $18. Seemed like a not terrible price.

Not sure who you were but A+ username change

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

I love reading about US lambic prices.

Ordered a 5 pack de cam from biab for Christmas and all of them have been really loving good so far. The framboise and kriek really surprised me with how good they are considering they get exactly zero hype.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: Wrong thread!

Popete fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 6, 2018

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

I think that's around what it goes for here. the Bay Area got a huge shipment of 3F like a month ago. I was actually able to purchase an A&G cuvee off the shelf!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Quite pleased to find shelves full of these!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mediocre local brewery is being foreclosed on and the best closeout deal they can do is 4 dollar pints, cmon son

deadwing fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 7, 2018

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
This Mosaic dry-hopped Pseudo Sue is a pretty good hazy beer and cost it. Someone please explain to me why people would line up for something like this? Again.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Cheers, thanks for the other New Orleans recommendations. Looks like work's probably gonna put me there like half a dozen times this year, so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to check all that out. Here's hoping they're not all just at the same few hotels in the french quarter and I can check out some other parts of the city too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

deadwing posted:

Mediocre local brewery is being foreclosed on and the best closeout deal they can do is 4 dollar pints, cmon son

Lol which one?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Later this month I'm heading to a conference in San Francisco, any good food/beer recommendations by the convention center (right next to Mikkeller SF)? Preferably cheapish food, nothing too lavish since it's all a bunch of recently graduated students going with me.

I remember you guys talking about Toronado a lot and it sounds decent. We all may rent a car and drive up to Napa and/or Russian River so stuff up north that's worth visiting would be appreciated.

Cellarmaker is by far the best brewery in SF. Crafty Fox is good too if you want to try multiple breweries — better than Mikkeller but a bit further. City Beer is overrated.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

There’s been a barrel of 2014 BCBS on at a place here for a week now. Had it again today and gently caress it’s good.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I left a 2014 Parabola at a friend's place and I can't really ask for it back, but drat I'd like to at least try it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Hauki posted:

I left a 2014 Parabola at a friend's place and I can't really ask for it back, but drat I'd like to at least try it.

Beer night at your friends house, tell him to bring that poo poo out.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
"Hey can you save that bottle of beer until the next time I'm over?" seems pretty reasonable to me. Worst case you can come to philly and I'll crack mine with you, think I have a 2014 and 2016 still.

We did a pretty massive beer share last night that included Grey Monday, Black Tuesday, Mocha Wednesday, PB & Thursday, Chocolate Rain, Wineification III, and Black Tuesday Reserve. It was a rough morning.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Spanish Manlove posted:

Lol which one?

Guessing Lakeland?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Guessing Lakeland?

That'd be right

Today's their actual last day so I might pop by after work to see if they actually run a more substantial discount

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Lyon posted:

"Hey can you save that bottle of beer until the next time I'm over?" seems pretty reasonable to me.

unless someone specifically says, "yo, drink that," we always assume that you should hold onto it until the next get together. poo poo, my one friend probably has two shares worth of bottles in his basement from the last couple times our group got together.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
How much of a total poo poo show is the Veil going to be this weekend for the Jester King Event, funky? I'm thinking 9 out of 10.

Apache
May 11, 2004

deadwing posted:

That'd be right

Today's their actual last day so I might pop by after work to see if they actually run a more substantial discount

I still can't believe they folded before Brewpop over in Auburndale. At least Lakeland brewing had a decent location and okay beer. Brewpop doesn't really have either, just pretty good pizza. I guess they just took out too much in loans attempting to expand too quickly. I think this is just the 2nd brewery in the Tampa area to fold since I got here is 2012.

Also, anyone have Prague recommendations? Likely headed there in June for a kid free vacation.

Apache fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 9, 2018

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Prague: Keep an eye for pubs that say "pivo z tanku" = beer from tanks. Understand that you can ask for beer to be poured different ways. In general you're gonna be drinking a crapton of pilsner.

If you can pull off going to Pilsen, you gotta do the Pilsner Urquell tour.

U Sadu was my favorite local pub and get the pub exclusive Sadek 11.

The Lokal chain of pubs will always have tankova Pilsner Urquell (filtered, unpasteurized).

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Munkaboo posted:

How much of a total poo poo show is the Veil going to be this weekend for the Jester King Event, funky? I'm thinking 9 out of 10.

Dark Daze was surprisingly chill, so i dunno, but it'll probably suck because JK is name that still holds a lot of mystique for the "new money" crowd; Atrial and Nocturn are fantastic beers, but no way am i gonna stand in line with a hundred other assholes to maybe get a pour, and there's not much else in the lineup that speaks to me. we're releasing our Earl Grey beer on the same day and also pouring a bunch of Potters and Champion,* so if i'm in the neighborhood i will be in the back having a little bottle share with those folks (which you RVA dudes would be welcome to attend). we're also releasing our Bohemian pils this week and i'm pretty pumped about that, not to mention having our Idle Hands collab and Company Man in tanks and our doppelbock coming soon #neverstoplagering

*Andy from Potters created the beer with the Ardent guys before we had a brewery, then moved to Charlottesville and his friend who owns Champion made it there, so we call it a collaboration with both of them since we're all cool with each other

air-
Sep 24, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

Bohemian pils
Idle Hands collab

ISO

And yeah why bother standing in line when there's ways to get full bottles eh? :wink:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

funkybottoms posted:

we're releasing our Earl Grey beer on the same day and also pouring a bunch of Potters and Champion,* so if i'm in the neighborhood i will be in the back having a little bottle share with those folks (which you RVA dudes would be welcome to attend).

I actually saw that when I was in yesterday, I'll definitely swing by the release because the Earl grey sounds very much my speed.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

And yeah why bother standing in line when there's ways to get full bottles eh? :wink:

hmm, true...

Quorum posted:

I actually saw that when I was in yesterday, I'll definitely swing by the release because the Earl grey sounds very much my speed.

i like it- it's an easy-drinking brown with nice black tea and bergamot flavors, not a beer-flavored tea. still have no idea what Champion will be bringing, but i'm excited to try the cider Andy made with the weirdos from Pen Druid, and River City Wood Fire Pizza ain't bad, either

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Austin Beerworks killing it with the can design :drat:

https://twitter.com/AustinBeerworks/status/950515870178127872

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Ah yes, the fabled 7.5% abv session IPA

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

air- posted:

Austin Beerworks killing it with the can design :drat:

https://twitter.com/AustinBeerworks/status/950515870178127872

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Still waiting on the first beer can to take up Da Mother Fuckin Share z0ne's aesthetic

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ah yes, the fabled 7.5% abv session IPA

Session Imperial Stout, Session Barley Wine. If you can drink more than two of them w/out falling over, it's sessionable!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Papa John Misty posted:

Still waiting on the first beer can to take up Da Mother Fuckin Share z0ne's aesthetic

lol

i'm sure Wakefield will get around to it at some point

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Papa John Misty posted:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/738374752109219841

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

:discourse:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So what are the breweries to hit in LA?
Where in LA will I be, you ask? Well...I will be going from Santa Monica to Newport Beach on Friday so...all of it (nearish the water).

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

ChiTownEddie posted:

So what are the breweries to hit in LA?
Where in LA will I be, you ask? Well...I will be going from Santa Monica to Newport Beach on Friday so...all of it (nearish the water).

Stop by Torrance. It's on your way.

Monkish Brewing Co.
Smog City Brewery & Taproom
Scholb Premium Ales

Are the ones I would suggest.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
Monkish is very good, and in walking distance of The Dudes if you want super sweet fruit beers.

If you are a horror movie fan you should really stop by Phantom Carriage in Carson for pretty good sours and the best atmosphere of any brewery I've ever been to.

Brouwerij West in San Pedro is on the waterfront and usually has a good food truck or two.

Beachwood in downtown Long Beach is great both in terms of beer and food.

If you are going to do two things out of those listed I would recommend Monkish and Beachwood.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Great, thanks!

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

funkybottoms posted:

lol

i'm sure Wakefield will get around to it at some point

I assume you saw the "but my rights" free speech warriors whining today? Are you in IPOBH....?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

funkybottoms posted:

Dark Daze was surprisingly chill, so i dunno, but it'll probably suck because JK is name that still holds a lot of mystique for the "new money" crowd; Atrial and Nocturn are fantastic beers, but no way am i gonna stand in line with a hundred other assholes to maybe get a pour, and there's not much else in the lineup that speaks to me. we're releasing our Earl Grey beer on the same day and also pouring a bunch of Potters and Champion,* so if i'm in the neighborhood i will be in the back having a little bottle share with those folks (which you RVA dudes would be welcome to attend). we're also releasing our Bohemian pils this week and i'm pretty pumped about that, not to mention having our Idle Hands collab and Company Man in tanks and our doppelbock coming soon #neverstoplagering

*Andy from Potters created the beer with the Ardent guys before we had a brewery, then moved to Charlottesville and his friend who owns Champion made it there, so we call it a collaboration with both of them since we're all cool with each other

Cool. I'll hit you up if I go downtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Beer traders keep getting dumber by the minute