Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The actual spells in question still suck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I remember them doing a pile of damage with a not-so-great range.

Then again I was an insane man who ground a lich to augment fire 7, so maybe I should shut up.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Then again I was an insane man who ground a lich to augment fire 7, so maybe I should shut up.

:catstare:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

There's a specific setup where you get a map with 3 clerics and set your mage to auto-battle. The mage will throw their lamest, weakest version of elemental *missile*, the clerics will outheal that but not actually hurt the mage, you go wander off and make a sandwich and come back to your powerful crazy town nukers.

I didn't manually grind it out, that's insane.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Ah, the (auto) element grindfest.

:getin:

You want to talk about the definition of insanity? Grind Steal ranks.

Don't do this

mauman fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 9, 2018

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mauman posted:

Ah, the (auto) element grindfest.

:getin:

You want to talk about the definition of insanity? Grind Steal ranks.

Don't do this

There is a reason I've not leveled any thieves

What a painful process

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Do I have to shill for One Vision again?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You sure do!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

tithin posted:

There is a reason I've not leveled any thieves

What a painful process

I wouldn't sell off thieves just because of leveling steal.

For one, the only reason to level steal is somewhat questionable in value vs the amount of effort you have to put into it, you can do most of the important things that require stealing (like getting knight commander marks) with a steal score of zip.

Thieves are also a great combat class with REALLY good skills and decent weapon proficiencies (daggers for melee, and 2handed crossbows for ranged).

They're one of the few classes that remain useful vs the unique classes as you get to the higher levels.

I have Harborym set up as a thief crossbowman, and he's one of my primary 12.

Seriously, they're a great class.

mauman fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 9, 2018

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

I'll just leave this here.

_C0 Skill Exp Modifier x2
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073040
_C0 Skill Exp Modifier x4
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073080
_C0 Skill Exp Modifier x8
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000730C0
_C1 Skill Exp Modifier x16
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073100
_C0 Skill Exp Modifier x32
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073140
_C0 Skill Exp Modifier x64
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073180
_C0 Skill Exp Modifier x128
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000731c0

No particular reason. Don't ask why I have this.
>.>
<.<

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

akkristor posted:

_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073040
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073080
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000730C0
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073100
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073140
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073180
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000731c0

>.>
<.<

I have a no cheat all title run going and knowing what rank 8 steal does for you in regards to obtaining a crafting material needed for post game shennaigans, never have I been so tempted to cheat just once.

Also thieves really are a good class. Part of that is the class and part of it is because daggers are so good.

And regarding super high level augment element stats, it's not that bad if you use a ninja dual wielding elemental katanas, and then change that person back into a mage.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

waah posted:

I have a no cheat all title run going and knowing what rank 8 steal does for you in regards to obtaining a crafting material needed for post game shennaigans, never have I been so tempted to cheat just once.

Also thieves really are a good class. Part of that is the class and part of it is because daggers are so good.

And regarding super high level augment element stats, it's not that bad if you use a ninja dual wielding elemental katanas, and then change that person back into a mage.

And 2handcrossbows. I will forever harp on how awesome they are.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

akkristor posted:

_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073040
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073080
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000730C0
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073100
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073140
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073180
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000731c0

>.>
<.<

I asked a youtuber for their cheats.db last night because he had a completely different one to me (he's been streaming One Vision) and got this overnight

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp1hez22s5iw5gi/ULUS10565.ini?dl=0

this is gonna save me so much reloading holy poo poo

Tallgeese posted:

Do I have to shill for One Vision again?

I was't joking btw, it's a good mod, feel free to wax lyrical on why it's so good and what you enjoy about it.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Let me add a few that I have that yours is missing.

_C1 Always Show Trajectory
_L 0x20011774 0x00000000

_C1 Skill Points Do Not Decrease
_L 0x2000DEA8 0x00C0280A
_C0 SP Doesn't Decrease OFF
_L 0x2000DEA8 0x00C52823

_C1 Steal Cost 0 TP
_L 0x1048BEB7 0x00000000
_C0 Steal 100%
_L 0xC003496C 0x34040000
_L 0xC0034998 0x34040100

_C0 Recruit Skills Cost Nothing
_L 0x8048C757 0x000F0060
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000
_L 0x8048C758 0x000F0060
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

tithin posted:

I was't joking btw, it's a good mod, feel free to wax lyrical on why it's so good and what you enjoy about it.

Honestly the best thing about it is the removal of mandatory skills.

No Strengthen, Fortify, Swiftfoot, Trueskills, et cetera. Swiftfoot is built-in. Lets you actually have the slots to use all those weird TP skills.

The second best thing is that Cleric healing actually scales with their magic, which staves off them being completely eclipsed by Lobbers.

The third best thing is that you can forge any classmark you have, including special classmarks, with the exception of Golem and Dragon classmarks.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 10, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

You can't get one vision running on a non homebrew vita can you?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://youtu.be/-OGd4gplxQM

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

akkristor posted:

_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073040
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073080
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000730C0
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073100
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073140
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073180
_L 0x20035FF0 0x000731c0

>.>
<.<

Yo, 32x doesn't work, it stalls skill growth

but 128x is loving incredible

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 65 - Apocrypha Sidequest Part 2 - Water Temple

I'm going to split the following Apocrypha episodes up per temple, so these updates will be "shorter" than usual for you guys.

There's not a ... huge amount of story in these temples, it usually goes -> entryway, 4 or 5 floors, last floor against a guardian boss who then has a guaranteed drop of ONE Apocrypha scroll, and a chance to drop some Oracle class marks. The first few fights are usually with a small 6 man roster, and the roster size increases as you progress through the fights.

Between the last update I grabbed a new, more robust cheat file and boosted our skill learn by 128x, as well as giving myself one of every recipe book.

I won't be using the books for a while, I don't need them just yet, but once we get past the gardens, I'll crack those bad boys open.

-----------//-----------

Ah gently caress it's the water temple.

No interesting drops in this room.

-----------//-----------

The golden enemy is basically an Octopus Mark 2 - tougher, stronger, but the same overall gimmick and weaknesses.

He has a chance to drop a Darkscale Tome. It's a non unique caster weapon and that's uhhhh all I remember about it.

-----------//-----------

The Red Reptile

is a "Blood Gavial" - to my knowledge they're simply a stronger version of the lizardman.

-----------//-----------

A somewhat irritating map this one. Directly to our north and south (not shown) are an archer on each side that are conveniently hidden behind some pillars, as well as having a height advantage.

Not impossible, just, annoying.

Most of our guys hit rank 8 in their primary weapons / augments around this map. The skill boost applies to enemies also so lots of "skill up" messages to go around.

-----------//-----------

The penultimate map does in fact have good loot.

This lizardman here drops the shield enchiridion. The enchiridions are recipe books that craft very powerful items.

How are you supposed to know this guy drops the shield?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If he's not there when you start the map, retreat from the battle / reload and go back in until he shows up. Then kill him / chariot until he drops the actual book.

-----------//-----------

Final floor!

The temple guardians have utterly insane defences and insane offenses.

Old mate has close to 500hp at level 25. Levels go up to 50.

Nerraw is our hardest hitter. Those bolts do ~150hp to other opponents (Sherri's does about 100hp).

Grimoire Vaporisateur is the Water Apocrypha. It teaches the Water Spell Dread Vapor, a 90MP multitarget spell that

Deals heavy Water damage to multiple targets. May also inflict 'Water Averse'

The quote from the spell on use;

Atomies of water drifting, into scalding white mist turn; blast and boil, scald and burn!

It can be learned by the following classes, and at the following levels:

Lich (Lv.25), Lord (Lv.27), Princess (Lv.27), Dark Priest (Lv. 28), Astromancer (Lv. 26), Shaman (Lv. 26), Wicce (Lv. 27)

Coming back here in the post game with a party level greater than 35 drops the second level version of the spell, which costs 140mp.

White Knight is now on par with the rest of our classes.
Knight Commander isn't far off and has been an exceptional tank for us in this dungeon.

Next up: Lhazan Fortress & whatever element THAT is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even though Levi has yet to fire a gun, he's still getting Fusiler skill points right?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

Even though Levi has yet to fire a gun, he's still getting Fusiler skill points right?

Sp is independent of class, Levi's sitting on like 3.5ksp so he could use that on whatever class he wanted so long as the class had the level to learn the skill

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just caught up on this LP and I wanted to say how happy I was to see it, especially taking the other major story path, after the previous Chaos LP fizzled out. Thank you for going to so much trouble, Tithin.

If it would be useful for anyone, I own the very attractive, very large strategy guide to this game if something needed to be looked up or whatnot.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JustJeff88 posted:

I just caught up on this LP and I wanted to say how happy I was to see it, especially taking the other major story path, after the previous Chaos LP fizzled out. Thank you for going to so much trouble, Tithin.

If it would be useful for anyone, I own the very attractive, very large strategy guide to this game if something needed to be looked up or whatnot.

You're very welcome.

I just spent $60 usd on the strategy guide I didn't know exist. There was a copy for $350usd :|

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Eeeh, the strategy guide tries hard, and it's pretty. But there's a lot of nitty-gritty stuff it doesn't explain well.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Andyzero posted:

Eeeh, the strategy guide tries hard, and it's pretty. But there's a lot of nitty-gritty stuff it doesn't explain well.

It's a fine reference but not a great guide, if that makes any bloody sense. Like the game, though, beautiful graphics and production values.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not that fussed, so long as it's a good looking book, I lost my cards from the collectors edition from back in the day and would love to get them back - I'm vaguely considering going and just... collecting the games, like, buying all the variations of it that came out. SNES, PSX, Saturn... the prices are expensive, but they're not unduly so

I had intentions to do that with the resident evil series as well, but uhhhhh, too big.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh and for reference, my controller ran out of power while playing today, so a minor delay on the next rivetting episode of Tac-Tics Oh-Gre Zed

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 66 - Apocrypha Sidequest 3 - Ice Temple

Welcome back to the story that never ends!

Like last time, this is a brief episode showing what's here, and what's looty looty.

Oh yeah, we got a title for killing the water temple.

Not even remotely difficult

A Couple of Octopus, an archer, a Hydra and a few Fusilier's. Fusiliers have a chance to drop Fusiliers marks after you recruit Lyndl or whatever the hell his name was.

-----------//-----------

A Terror Knight, A Knight, A Fusilier completely seperated from everyone on the other side of the map.

For some weird reason, the Hydras climb around the outside of the map then immediately drop in front of my frontline. Hydras are classed as Dragons, not Beasts but lack the defenses of either, so Dragon Slayer utterly destroys them.

-----------//-----------

Tricky-ish map, because the enemy are, with 3 exceptions, entirely ranged and do not insignificant damage especially when you're carrying two lowbies, one of which is on healer AI, which of course means run towards the nearest enemy and throw a bomb at them, not chuck a mana leaf at your nearby mage equivalent.

No sir.

-----------//-----------

A somewhat tricky map where you start surrounded and under assault by a front of Hydras, Dragons, and crossbow archers who have skill level 6 finishing move which is a single target move that hits like a loving ton of bricks, several times in a row.

Gorgon: A wielder of ancient magic with a gaze that can turn those who draw too near to stone. Of the many tribes of gorgon, the Medusa, Stheno and Euryale tribes are most famous

Like the Water Temple introduced Lizardman v2, Ice Temple introduces Medusa's V2. They have a unique TP move that has a chance to turn anything within it to stone.

Fusilier is level 15 so we can start using guns at last :toot:

Levi gets a skill reshuffle, losing Divine Magic / Fortify / Rampart Aura / Hammers and Constitution which were remnants from his time as a Knight.

He gains Fusils / Trueflight / Sharpshoot and Strengthen1. He's still a ways away from contributing, but we can now start building his skills with the use of that skill boost cheat I enabled beforehand.

-----------//-----------

2 Gorgons, 2 Hydras, and a shitload of Medusas. This is an incredibly easy map as everything is so spread out you can concentrate your firepower and they can't.

One of those two Gorgons (don't ask me which, I'm pretty sure it's the one on the left) drops the Cudgel Enchiridion.

Don't lose track of them, and do the chariot shuffle in order to guarantee the drop and you'll be fine.

Now that we have Fusilier15, Lindl is out, and Ocionne is in. We're going to need a Dragon Tamer very soon which she is absolutely built for.

While I can deffo get away with cheating for Glass Pumpkins, I cannot do the same with Dragon recruitment sadly.

-----------//-----------

There's two interesting drops of note here;

First, the obvious ones covered in the last update being the Grimoire for the Ice school, as well as Oracle class marks.

Second are the "Hoarfrost" greaves off the boss.

These are a special set of boots that are basically custom made for Ozma, giving an extra rank to Augment Ice, giving you the Sleepproof skill, and you also take less damage from Faerie, Reptiles and Golems on top of it. They're a high level drop though, so this is one of those "come back in the postgame" items.

code:
    Lv.34
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Ice +1
    Debuff Resist: Sleepproof
    Special: Numbing Cold
    DEF +44 STR +3, DEX +1, AGIL +2, INT +2, MIND +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Crushing 2%, Piercing 3%
        Racial - Faerie 3%, Reptile 3%, Golem 2%
        Elemental - Ice 30% 
    Equipped by - All classes except Astromancer 

Lygenstezel: A chimera with the body of a bird, shell of a turtle and tail of a snake. It is said that Lyuneram, Goddess of Ice, turned a cruel king into this creature as punishment.

Guess we found King Rodrick hey?

Enemy Composition Guesstimate

3 Regular Cockatrice
4 Medusa
1 rear end in a top hat masquerading as a Chimera

With so many beasts in the enemy ranks our two big hitters are going to be Jeunan and Ozma.

I cannot put into words how strong that is.

A commensurate named character, who has good stats for her class, does not hit as hard as Nerraw, a generic who has less augment skill rank than she does (now).

It's almost a shame what fate has in store for him :greenangel:

I think I've mentioned something about Niche's before, but Jeunan's damned good at his.

That's a non-crit counter on Levi, and a cragfall from a decently statted Sherri.

Let's peek at his stats will we?

Mid 300 strength physical and ranged offense. Low 300 melee defense. High 400 magical defense.

loving hell.

Nerraw, whos basic Cragfall does ~130 damage, and whos Vulcan Lance 3 can do up to ~170 dependant on the target, has a 35 damage Vulcan Lance 3 on a target with Earth Averse.

Yeah, this guys magic defense is through the roof.

It's a good job that his physical defense isn't higher or we'd really be struggling.

No Enchiridions, but the Codex of Jewelry is a primo drop. We will, again, see items in these manuals be broken out in the postgame.

Grimoire Grandfroid teaches "Ice Requiem", same mana costs as the other one with the following quote:

Wyrm-King come from northern sea, give to my foes their crowns of ice, turn all to frozen earth!

Next up: Quadriga Fortress and the Lightning Temple.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I'm kinda curious how Nemraw hits so hard.

Normally, Sherri would blow a generic's damage out of the water.

Also, Gorgon's are absolutely horrible and THE reason to equip spell evade skills.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mauman posted:

I'm kinda curious how Nemraw hits so hard.

Normally, Sherri would blow a generic's damage out of the water.

Also, Gorgon's are absolutely horrible and THE reason to equip spell evade skills.

He got every int card that we found during one runthrough of Phorampha in act 2, and another in act 4. Maaaaaaaaaaybe 15 int cards total?

Still don't understand why that magic offense score is so high though, his int isn't that much higher than hers

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 14, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Yesssssss Earth temple is still waiting on you. Hope you are ready to throw a controller or 3.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

tithin posted:

He got every int card that we found during one runthrough of Phorampha in act 2, and another in act 4. Maaaaaaaaaaybe 15 int cards total?

Still don't understand why that magic offense score is so high though, his int isn't that much higher than hers

Is it the the Ring of intellect that he has on? Based on those pictures Sherri's base intellect is 3 points higher than his, so if you gave her that ring it should catch her up. With that Ring on her, she'd have a higher int than he would with the ring on.

Also, did Sherri ever learn spellcraft?

mauman fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 15, 2018

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mauman posted:

Is it the the Ring of intellect that he has on? Based on those pictures Sherri's base intellect is 3 points higher than his, so if you gave her that ring it should catch her up. With that Ring on her, she'd have a higher int than he would with the ring on.

Also, did Sherri ever learn spellcraft?

Yes.

now

She's up to 317 to his 370, so she hits harder now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Another good thing One Vision does: nerfs special unit RT bonuses to make it so generics aren't totally outclassed.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So are these temples/drops good for anything beyond super obscure bragging rights or simply to make completionists suffer?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hm, I just realised stat up cards aren't giving me stats anymore. How odd.

wedgekree posted:

So are these temples/drops good for anything beyond super obscure bragging rights or simply to make completionists suffer?

They're useful for battles, titles, characters.

It's mainly bragging rights, but they do come in handy for the postgame stuff which is legitimately grindy, so anything that makes the grind easier is appreciated.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

Another good thing One Vision does: nerfs special unit RT bonuses to make it so generics aren't totally outclassed.

I disagree with this one on principle.

Story characters SHOULD be better than generics.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

mauman posted:

I disagree with this one on principle.

Story characters SHOULD be better than generics.

Nah, the special snowflakes that I made and named and raised from level 1 birth should absolutely be just as special as the special snowflakes that some developer named and wrote some lines for and gave a special sprite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Split the middle. Maybe generics should have a randomized RT reduction determined on creation. Just as some uniques are better than others. There's no reason you shouldn't find an exceptional lizard warrior (or other random character classes/races) in your travels.