Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Derek Smart being called in as expert witness. Calling it now.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

ortwin's also incorporated a shitload of weird businesses for his friends which I can only loving assume have some kinda tax loophole or shady poo poo of some goddamn kind because none of them actually have a physical address besides a bev hills PO Box at http://www.beverlyhillsmailbox.com/

I mean, what the gently caress is the producer of a chinese financed picture staring samuel l jackson about the world turning upside down including some digital effects by some people working in the games industry in germany and LA that cost $120m to make opening a loving bounce house business with a single employee

Would these Digital Effects guys in Germany and L.A. also happen to be working on two simultaneous games at the same time?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

no_recall posted:

If he does, I swear to Christ that I will fly out there and have a camera crew follow me there.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

I thought it was intentional. Like as in "Yo! Ima gonna barf yo!" or something. Then again grammar was never my strong sut.

Well it garnered an image of it, so that was probably funnier than me not misspelling it or my auto correction killing it. So I’ll call it an on accipurpose.

If you wonder how to use this word, here is an example out of the Oxford dictionary:

While not thinking or considering very well if his actions would be a breach of contract, Chris Roberts accipurposely switched engines to Lumberyard.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

no_recall posted:

Chris Roberts clutches his chest with curled fingers and gasps for breath so hard his hair bounces off his head slightly to the left as definitely-not-a-toupee will do.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Please? That would be awesome. The Four Freedoms were always a favorite of mine. I learned how to draw from my granddads old Time magazines that had these in them.

working on it at the mo :newlol:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

no_recall posted:

Is there anyone else with experience developing space games that also has an obsessively deep knowledge of Star Citizen?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I wonder what the Intel CEO would do if he were in Chris Roberts’ shoes right now.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Well it garnered an image of it, so that was probably funnier than me not misspelling it or my auto correction killing it. So I’ll call it an on accipurpose.

If you wonder how to use this word, here is an example out of the Oxford dictionary:

While not thinking or considering very well if his actions would be a breach of contract, Chris Roberts accipurposely switched engines to Lumberyard.

A very cromulent use of the word accipurposely tbh

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Smoked salmon with caviar

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The case is thrown out on a technicality as no one can bother reading the July blog after it's submitted as evidence.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

If the July blog were translated to Xi'An would it become citizen lore?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chris probably mandated that it is impossible to spell Derek or Smart in any SC language.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

A very cromulent use of the word accipurposely tbh

I don’t defenestrate just anybody these days you know!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Galarox posted:

Dunno - what do you have in mind? If it's a pshop idea you want created then I have time yes :newlol:

Court scene with Chris on the witness stand in his "yeah, no poo poo" pose. Plaintiff asking the witness if he intentionally wears his rug exclusively. Along those lines.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Legal catch 22 Posts make me go all :flaccid:

Kudos to Beet and the Agent who spice the thread up with some dark insights of questionable but potentitally hilarious origin.

Heres my favorite BMW Color and a little self Doxx

E: the one i restored last year

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 9, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Golli posted:

The white van belongs to Ortwin.

MinorInconvenience posted:

Nope. I don't see "Free Candy" written on the side.

I hear it has 'Free tickles' spray painted on the other side

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

It appears all is not lost in BDSSEland

^ To the Skadden paralegal reading this thread... Don’t let Ortwin pull the “old guy turns his pockets inside out, pops the lower lip out and shrugs pathetically” maneuver. They gotta lotta bucks you gotta believe!

Combat Theory posted:

Kudos to Beet and the Agent who spice the thread up with some dark insights of questionable but potentitally hilarious origin.

Epic jobs and bitchin’ wheels yo!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 9, 2018

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Star Citizen: The sickening and heartbreaking truth behind the exclusivity clause

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Do your thing Maestro!

Voila:

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Goddamn dude.. That is amazing

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I cannot believe that I live in a time where you walk among us

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Pure :five::five::five: gold, Galarox!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Abuminable posted:

Court scene with Chris on the witness stand in his "yeah, no poo poo" pose. Plaintiff asking the witness if he intentionally wears his rug exclusively. Along those lines.

I was thinking I would do "12 Angry men" for a court thing... but I won't finish it tonight. (4.00am UK time at the mo & I'm fading fast... I'm almost out of beer)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Xaerael posted:

What's with the American obsession in bleaching everything? Teeth, assholes.... they're meant to exclusively be that colour!

When there's not enough wars Americans instead bomb themselves to make someplace whiter

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

OH MY GOD! You are a true artist. I am humbled.

I am totally printing this out on canvas if you don't mind.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Combat Theory posted:

We joked about what happens if the judge is a backer

What if the judge is a goon...

Are there stairs in your prison?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Yeeeeees this is the good stuff

E:

Mr.Tophat posted:

Are there stairs in your prison?

I wanna know the back story to this... Unless it's a fuzzy modem kinda back story in which case I'll just imagine that the stairs of prison are a metaphor for Crobberts career after CIG

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 9, 2018

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

no_recall posted:

The Crobbler learns that juries are sometimes sympathetic to defendants with disabilities.

"Mr. Smart, do you see your arch-nemesis in the courtroom today?"

"That's him in the wheelchair!"

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

MinorInconvenience posted:

When the lawsuit was originally filed, I said I wanted to see the whole GLA, because I thought CrySkadden looked like they were burying the lede a bit. And I think this is it.

While section 2.1.2's use of "exclusively" could be ambiguous, section 2.4 blows that all out of the water. Taking out the unnecessary words makes the section read: "During the Term of the License... and for a period of two years thereafter, Licensee, its principals, and Affiliates shall not directly or indirectly engage in the business of.... licensing (directly or indirectly) any game engine... which compete with CryEngine." Lumberyard clearly competes with CryEngine. RSI/CIG/Whatever are all affiliates. Oh boy!

Unless CIG/RSI can prove up a material breach of the agreement by CryTek, they are TOAST! I suspect CrySkadden didn't focus on section 2.4 to rope-a-dope Croberts into doing exactly what he did--file a weak-rear end MtD.

I know people are about to murder me for harping on about the implied definitions of words, so I'm just going to make this one post on this section and then go back to lurking.

Do you think in the context of this section that licensing refers to CIG being the Licencee or the Licensor? The entire section is talking about CIG won't make another engine that competes with CryEngine (design, develop, create, support, maintain, etc), so I would assume that would mean that CIG can't license out a new engine they've created after looking at how CryEngine works, not that the entire company is locked to CryEngine for everything, for the life of Star Citizen and two years after that. The section looks to me like an anti-competiton section, not an exclusivity section.

That said, I would assume they fall very much foul of "promoting" in that section. They heavily talked up how good the switch would be from CryEngine to Lumberyard. This wasn't contractually obliged logos to inform users what engine is being used. These were videos they published with interviews they made talking about how easy it was to make the switch and all the new advantages of doing so. I think they could have been good if they just said "We made the change to LumberYard. No further comment", but they couldn't help themselves from talking up how awesome to future will be compared to now.

Also maybe "developing"? Does it count as developing an engine if you modify it for your own use? After all, if those changes don't make it back into LumberYard, the LumberYard hasn't developed in any way, and while CIG are cutely calling their mods Star Engine, it's not a commercial engine in competition with CryEngine. I guess you'd look at their interactions with Amazon, because part of the support Amazon gave to CIG may have been to develop enhancements to LumberYard to support CIG better, which would be based on knowledge they took from CryEngine. But if not, then it might be that they are developing their game, not the engine (unless again, they are sending improvements to Amazon like they were supposed to with CryTek).

I'll go back under my rock now.

Ubik_Lives fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 9, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

what a oval office way to get the last word

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't know what happened. We used to have actual arguments/debate that encouraged some back-and-forth. This is why my "just posts" are actual poo poo now; it's almost as if I don't care?!

BTW.. CryTek's GLA and case is utter shite - calling it. Now please tell me about how my dick has fallen off, my parents are dead, and all of that utterly stupid poo poo half of you spew.

Like, 8 pages back but your posts have always been poo poo. Maybe they are intentional poo poo now, which is indeed better.

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin

Combat Theory posted:

E:

I wanna know the back story to this... Unless it's a fuzzy modem kinda back story in which case I'll just imagine that the stairs of prison are a metaphor for Crobberts career after CIG

Probably this:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=517

instead of asking if someone was a goon

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Art

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Combat Theory posted:

E:

Terminology originated from an old ICQ prank done by Lowtax: http://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/2/

This turned into the goon identification phrase ‘Do you have stairs in your house?’, with the correct response being ‘I am protected’ (from the terrible secret of space).

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Combat Theory posted:

Very nice work. I once restored the front wings on my old Golf. Loved that thing. Mk III. I was sad when it died and had to be sent away. Haven't owned anything quite as nice since, it just felt great.

That is my car restoration story thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

holy poo poo lmfao

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

When developing doesn't mean developing, maybe.