Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Rhyno posted:

All the talk about people owing money and whatnot, I just saw that the fuckstick who owes me money got evicted from his apartment and is now couch surfing. I'm sure he'll hit me up soon.

A friend of mine has owed me like $3000 for like 10 years, and now he's a bitcoin millionaire.
We're still cool though. One of these days I'm gonna call in that favor, and it's going to get me a new identity and out of the country to a beautiful beach in <redacted>

Coasterphreak posted:

Respect is earned, not given.
Yeah besides, the dude is apparently going to hell anyway so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I'm still thinking of getting that dirt cheap Versa, local dealer said they would match that price or get close if it is legit.

Let's talk roof racks, I love them and wish every vehicle came with them. The Versa only has aftermarket options (no factory mounting points for rails as far as I know). Does anyone offer permanent rails, like mounted drilled through the roof? I'm open to whatever on a $8k new car.

Also I install a hitch on every vehicle no matter what. They couldn't like say invalidate a warranty because of a hitch could they?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Welp, kicked off my job search today. Still employed, but my company is changing my position requirements.

Anyone need a systems engineer? :unsmith:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

CommieGIR posted:

Welp, kicked off my job search today. Still employed, but my company is changing my position requirements.

We do. I'll PM you.

If you get the job, I'm sorry in advance.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CommieGIR posted:

Condolences. Waiting on a call from a VP myself, I expect a similar outcome.

I think I will be taking a huge pay cut with whatever job I can find locally. Ohh well.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
MY local dealer can give me a stripper 17 Versa for $10.9 out the door all taxes Fees delivery tags included. (We have high taxes TN). It’s down the street versus another state. Probably low 9k vehicle price. Thoughts?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

We do. I'll PM you.

If you get the job, I'm sorry in advance.

Thanks man, applied!

rdb posted:

Condolences. Waiting on a call from a VP myself, I expect a similar outcome.

I think I will be taking a huge pay cut with whatever job I can find locally. Ohh well.

Yeah, I love my current employer, but they are covering their ears and screaming about the cloud while ignoring the need to actually understand infrastructure management in order to fully utilize AWS/Azure/etc.

They keep pushing me to be a Developer, and while I'd like to be more familiar, it won't be on the timeline they'd like

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

everdave posted:

MY local dealer can give me a stripper 17 Versa for $10.9 out the door all taxes Fees delivery tags included. (We have high taxes TN). It’s down the street versus another state. Probably low 9k vehicle price. Thoughts?

I always thought the Versa sedan had the right proportions to make a little ute.

Do you need a truck/own a sawzall?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

everdave posted:

Offer $10k closer to the end of the month.

$10,900 seems like a great deal for a reliable brand new daily driver with a warranty. With gas climbing again it makes me want one too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah on second thought take that deal.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Are there any CPO Mazda 2's kicking around in your neck of the woods? While a new Versa is decent, a last model year Mazda 2 might still be a better car.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

everdave posted:

What are your apprehensions? Price? Getting a good deal? The car itself?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CommieGIR posted:

Thanks man, applied!

Yeah, I love my current employer, but they are covering their ears and screaming about the cloud while ignoring the need to actually understand infrastructure management in order to fully utilize AWS/Azure/etc.

They keep pushing me to be a Developer, and while I'd like to be more familiar, it won't be on the timeline they'd like

Not software here. I was managing a plant for them that they closed. I knew it was going to close when I took the job. The kept offering me contract extensions and large bonuses/raises to stick around because of some specialized knowledge I have related to their processes. I haven’t been utilized much lately and I just kinda suspect its time. My last renewal went to Q1 of this year but it was verbal with said VP.

My biggest problem is I don’t have a degree and I am paid way too much. Doesn’t look good on a resume. I may just need to omit my salary, or just list what my starting was. I spent the last year paying off debts and preparing for this, so the pay cut really isn’t a big deal to me.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Are you not in the US? I'd never put pay info of any sort on a resume.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

What are your apprehensions? Price? Getting a good deal? The car itself?

Just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing for my life and my kids. Local Nissan has been surprisingly straight shooting. If we can legit get this in my driveway under 11 it seems like this makes sense. Taxes and stuff are probably close to 2k of this price. Will sleep on it.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are you not in the US? I'd never put pay info of any sort on a resume.

I am in the US and most of the positions I have been considering ask those questions on the application. Or they do something like ask what you expect to make etc. I think there is a service they can check as well to see what you were making if paid through adp and the likes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

everdave posted:

Just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing for my life and my kids. Local Nissan has been surprisingly straight shooting. If we can legit get this in my driveway under 11 it seems like this makes sense. Taxes and stuff are probably close to 2k of this price. Will sleep on it.

Under 11 and just drive the balls off of it... which will take YEARS, since it's an appliance and is coming with a warranty to start.

I hope I don't gently caress you up, but I've been looking for '13-15 Fiat 500 Turbos, and those fuckers are anywhere from $6.5-11k. Not all the goodies of an Abarth, but mostly the same guts after a tune. I kinda want a small, squirty car that I can mod and beat and not worry about.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

Under 11 and just drive the balls off of it... which will take YEARS, since it's an appliance and is coming with a warranty to start.

I hope I don't gently caress you up, but I've been looking for '13-15 Fiat 500 Turbos, and those fuckers are anywhere from $6.5-11k. Not all the goodies of an Abarth, but mostly the same guts after a tune. I kinda want a small, squirty car that I can mod and beat and not worry about.
I’d be tempted but I have the need for four doors and we are tall, my almost 8 year old almost 5 feet. Versa backseat room actually larger than Altima. I’ve seen $4-6k for Fiat 500e (electric) with less than 20k miles on eBay. Love the colors and stuff.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

everdave posted:

Okay, can you calculate what the out the door price of the out of state car is? It'd be good to know the price difference between the out of state dealership and the one down the street. Might still be worth going out of state.

There's one other thing you may want to do: look at used cars in about the same price range and see if anything catches your eye.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

everdave posted:

I’d be tempted but I have the need for four doors and we are tall, my almost 8 year old almost 5 feet. Versa backseat room actually larger than Altima. I’ve seen $4-6k for Fiat 500e (electric) with less than 20k miles on eBay. Love the colors and stuff.

I'm 6'3" and there is no part of a (first-gen) Versa I can't sit comfortably in, even the hatch space is roomy.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

Okay, can you calculate what the out the door price of the out of state car is? It'd be good to know the price difference between the out of state dealership and the one down the street. Might still be worth going out of state.

There's one other thing you may want to do: look at used cars in about the same price range and see if anything catches your eye.

In email it’s 9900 Plus $350 for a lot boy to drive it to me with a follow car. Or I pick it up and it is 7 hours round trip and would be a hassle. So it seems they are within $500 of each other.

That is good to know about the interior room I e had a. Let as a rental this is the sedan.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Bad:
Some guy intruded my house last Friday night. He knocked on the front door at 8 pm and I answered. He asked us this the Bradley residence? I said no he said oops sorry and left. Had a weird vibe so I watched him walk down the block. Ok fine. Five minutes later my back door opens and I meet him almost in the kitchen.
I shouted GTFO and he bailed out the back door. It’s been a long time since I felt that much adrenaline.
Called the law but of course he’s long gone. I think I will buy a couple of those little baseball bats. (And lock the doors/gates 24/7 now)

Good:
4th or 5th date night last night since we adopted our daughter (3.5 years old). Saw “Here Come The Mummies” and thoroughly enjoyed it, super great band. Entire place dancing for 2 hours.
Today, started recording two songs for a guy while my daughter at school.

2018 - jury still out.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So my younger brother informed me that he's been vomiting blood for two months. He doesn't have health insurance. He's finally seeing a doctor tomorrow. Everybody seems to think it's stomach ulcers, but I'm assuming they're going to want to do an upper endoscopy to get a look in there and I'm afraid at $800 he's going to bail.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Bullshit probes for hating fun suck a whole big old

Adiabatic posted:

Ballo'dicks

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

some_admin posted:

Bad:
Some guy intruded my house last Friday night. He knocked on the front door at 8 pm and I answered. He asked us this the Bradley residence? I said no he said oops sorry and left. Had a weird vibe so I watched him walk down the block. Ok fine. Five minutes later my back door opens and I meet him almost in the kitchen.
I shouted GTFO and he bailed out the back door. It’s been a long time since I felt that much adrenaline.
Called the law but of course he’s long gone. I think I will buy a couple of those little baseball bats. (And lock the doors/gates 24/7 now)

Good:
4th or 5th date night last night since we adopted our daughter (3.5 years old). Saw “Here Come The Mummies” and thoroughly enjoyed it, super great band. Entire place dancing for 2 hours.
Today, started recording two songs for a guy while my daughter at school.

2018 - jury still out.

That’s good re de-escalating that situation. If I found myself in the same position I hope it would go the same so I didn’t have to beat a man within an inch of his life and leave him for dead.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

DICK DICER posted:

Bullshit probes for hating fun suck a whole big old

This is super ill-advisable, friend. I suggest you quit.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whatcha all listening to tonight?

https://youtu.be/2Hf-B9Tqkss

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

This is super ill-advisable, friend. I suggest you quit.

SA should have a system where goons can eat a probie for other goons.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

SA should have a system where goons can eat a probie for other goons.

For what

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cause SOMEBODY keeps getting himself probationed.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Cause SOMEBODY keeps getting himself probationed.

That guy sounds like a huge dick

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Really, Adiabatic has been a super chill mod, hands off with few hard rules. There's no reason to force such a stupid issue.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

rdb posted:

I am in the US and most of the positions I have been considering ask those questions on the application. Or they do something like ask what you expect to make etc. I think there is a service they can check as well to see what you were making if paid through adp and the likes.

Just leave it blank. Every interview/resume sort of thing I've read or been two in the last decade emphasizes that those sort of questions are there so that the company can lowball you. If they like the rest of your resume they will call you in and give you an interview whether you answer this question or not. If they like your interview and want to know how much you want, have them make an offer, because if you tell them 50 and they had budgeted up to 75 for the position, guess what their offer will be?

Maybe hop on some websites and read up on that a bit and get some better advice than random dude in AI though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

Really, Adiabatic has been a super chill mod, hands off with few hard rules. There's no reason to force such a stupid issue.

Likewise, there's no reason to bring down the hammer because you got embarrassed in a dick measuring contest and your pee pee hurts

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:justpost:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I'm not entirely sure what you're attempting to accomplish here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im just saying its funny as poo poo every time you probate me for nothing thats all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

How'd everyone's weekend go? I just got to Colorado. About to go snowboarding with the Mrs.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Got the new head unit installed in the girlfriends car. In record high temperatures while being eaten alive by mosquitoes.

I cannot wait to have a garage!

Also about to have my first day off in 2018 so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GOD drat IT DAVE

• Locked thread