Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shoenin posted:

and thats saying something cause Exvius' is jewery bullshit incarnate.

Um, holy poo poo. :stare:

That’s not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
figure of speech

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shoenin posted:

RK's rates made me ragequit once, but RK's gacha is basically a philanthropist compared to the triple layer gacha bullshit of FEH's.
Exvius' is honestly better in my experience as well, and thats saying something cause Exvius' is jewery bullshit incarnate.

lmao holy poo poo

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Exvius seems worse just because half the cast seem to be original characters - when the big appeal of this kind of game is the nostalgia of getting to use your favorite FF heroes.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Avalerion posted:

Exvius seems worse just because half the cast seem to be original characters - when the big appeal of this kind of game is the nostalgia of getting to use your favorite FF heroes.

To be fair, this game has characters like Shelke.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
That is Exvius' biggest flaw: a legion of OC's that make 95% of the FF cast pointless or irrelevant.

Plus some of the ones that are relevant are terrible choices to begin with. You remember RASSLER? Well he's better than 95% of FF characters in game because. Wana use some of your favorite FF4, 5, or 6 characters? Too bad they all suck/are irrelevant aside DK Cecil and Trance Terra, both 5* bases. Here's this fucker called Roy and you'll like it, if not TS.

FFT on the other hand they're always treated with respect. Its always FFT, Its Squeenix's way of compensating I guess.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I guess it's pretty telling of FF1 torment's difficulty when that 0 synergy was easier than IX 200 where I had some decent stuff.

Dude hurt and I had no breakman so had to RW wall and use Zidane BSB2 to buff the party.

Zidane bsb2
Steiner bsb
Kuja bsb
Garnet no SB healer
Beatrix no SB healer

Beatrix with Curada. The poo poo you see in these CMs...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Washout posted:

I play both and they both suck. I wish I could more easily find the character I want in FFRK and I want to get my orbs faster and more easily like I do in FEH, rates in both are poo poo and far too money dependant but they are both still the best games for mobile imo.

I mean they're both gachas so the business plan is to get you addicted then stick it to you, but FEH is on a whole 'nother level from FFRK. In FFRK if a banner for a character you like comes up you'll probably get something for them, if not their spotlight chase relic, in 1-3 pulls. It's also trivial to get any character in the game if you simply must have Wol on your team. In FEH if a banner for a character you like comes up it's more or less meaningless unless you've been saving funbux for 6 months.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I wonder how far you could get in this game without ever doing a relic draw.

I was gonna say there are people that do Core-Only (so no SB) teams, but I think they rely very heavily on equipment synergy.

You can rely very heavily on orb farming, good abilities and legend diving Dual-Casters I guess? You could probably make a decent Ninja team

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

(JP) Looks like the nightmare revamp is releasing new 6* spellblade and black magic abilities so enjoy continuing to farm power/black crystals forever :shepface:

New 6✭ Abilities to be added in January

Spellblade: Blast Strike, 4xST Fire/Earth physical dmg
Spellblade: Thunderstorm Strike, 4xST Lightning/Water physical dmg
Spellblade: Ultimate Blazing Strike, 5xST Fire physical dmg

New 6✭ Abilities to be added in February

Black Magic: Vortex, 4xST Ice/Water/Lightning magic dmg
Black Magic: Chain Firaja, 5xST Fire magic dmg
Black Magic: Chain Thundaja, 5xST Lightning magic dmg

Also it looks like 'realm synergy' is the new be-all end-all so just lol if you don't have a hyper optimized team all from one single realm, just give up already

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 9, 2018

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I like how all those new spellblades make Butts with USB better again. It's getting passively buffed all the time

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Update also features new Nightmare dungeons which are multi-tiered like Magicite is. Also this gem:

"Also, Dr Mog has obtained a new power, the "Great Wall Grimoire", which will automatically activate at the start of battle, granting the party increased defensive stats! Additionally, the effect lasts until the end of the battle as well!"

wow ok, they really regret wall

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pretty sure they regret it less than Cloud USB. At least Wall has other uses like bumping up Guardbringer/Earthbringer/Aegis Strike.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

uh gently caress off?

Shoenin posted:

figure of speech
extremely gently caress off

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attestant posted:

Update also features new Nightmare dungeons which are multi-tiered like Magicite is. Also this gem:

"Also, Dr Mog has obtained a new power, the "Great Wall Grimoire", which will automatically activate at the start of battle, granting the party increased defensive stats! Additionally, the effect lasts until the end of the battle as well!"

wow ok, they really regret wall

Yeah, seems like that's the point where you should just say, "no Wall" and lower the stats accordingly. Though I suppose they technically just said the duration is until the End of Battle so it's possible Ultimate Dispels might get rid of it, making you play around them or have to bring your own Wall (which everyone has at least on Tyro with the Library of Guidance update).

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
You guys missed the most important part in your JP update chat:

quote:

On Jan 19th, the FFT event "Reminiscence of the Have-nots" will be held focusing on the exploits of Ramza! Players can also obtain his "Mercenary" Dress Record in this event as well!

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

In FEH if a banner for a character you like comes up it's more or less meaningless unless you've been saving funbux for 6 months.
I get what I want at a decent rate in both FEH and FFRK, and I don't save up for more than a month at a time. Getting a single banner unit that you want in Fire Emblem, on average, is going to cost vastly less than 6 months of orbs.

The last 6 months in Fire Emblem were 1716 orbs.
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Orb_Distribution#2017

FFRK mythril, for anyone wanting to compare:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7ni7kc/2017_mythril_totals/

Pulling a unit from the current banner in FEH averages between 107 and 131 orbs, depending on the color.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7n4lsw/new_years_banner_orb_cost_analysis/

Sure, the 90th percentile for the red unit is closer to 300, but that's not 1700.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

saltylopez posted:

You guys missed the most important part in your JP update chat:

orran durai when

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Man, it seems like the days when I'm in the dailies specifically chasing 4* orbs to round out some of those skills are when the game won't stop throwing Magic Pots at me. I got 3 Black Crystals already this morning when all I'm trying to do is satisfy some completionist urges with some 4* orbs. Yet on the days when I need 5* and 6* orbs, I can't buy a Magic Pot to save my life.

Maybe I'll just focus on honing as many 4* skills as I can, and then accidentally get more Crystals than I'll ever need.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Almost have shelke dived for entrust battery shenanigans. I just need like 20 bravery motes. She'll be a good alternative to Tyro with LMR for content where I don't need native wall or Ramza when I'm taking Zack and Cloud with a RW Rikku USB.

I really need some more spirit and wisdom motes too because my next dives are probably Vivi and Rydia for dualcast summons or that trance.

Oh and I finally got r3 curada and Omega drive! 8 and 6 casts rocks and makes Vanille and Iris with LMR/LD powerhouse healers. Dualcast white is really strong.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anyone have tips for Omega Drive nightmare? Spent an hour last night trying to crack that nut. I have Orlandu, Norris and Locke for OSB, should I just do the hit and run cheese until I get 3 bars on each?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So I should probably not R4 Meltdown, and save for the new 6* abilities instead, right?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

This announced change is way more important than any new 6* abilities or wardrobe records:

New Hall of Rites Growth Eggs Trading System
In late January, there will be an update to the Hall of Rites where you can now trade in excess Memory Crystal lodes to Growth Eggs in multiple amounts!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
For bookkeeping:

First up is an VII event (12 - 22 January) featuring Ultimecia's debut!
They only specifically mention her Legend Sphere, so Quistis, Kiros, and Ward may still be left in the cold for now.
From official site words earlier, Seifer should be getting his USB2.

Next, from (19 - 29 January) it's a Tactics event where Ramza finally gets a wardrobe record (sorry, Delita, you gotta wait)!
As above, Ramza should be getting his USB2, too.

Final Fantasy IX is next (26 January - 5 February)
It's a Zidane/Amarant focused event, so probably a USB for a neglected Monk? We'll see.

Final Fantasy V closes the month's set on (31 January - 10 February)
It'll be a Bartz focused event.

New record dungeon stages in I and V.

This month's Endless Battle is against Demon Wall (XII).
This month's Crystal Tower is Holy Dragon (VI), Mindflayer (XV), Sapphire Weapon (VII) & strengthened Mateus & Ice Azers (XII) for the "boss."

And this little gem:
Hall of Rites QoL
- In late January, you can now have the option to redeem all Hero Soul & MC Lodes in one go

MEANWHILE

The New Torment Dungeons posted:

- Each Torment Dungeon has 3 stages
- First stage is between Apocalypse+ & 3* Magicite difficulty
- Third stage is higher than 4* Magicite difficulty
- Stages have no trash in them; you can play them again.
- As usual, you cannot use Continue in them

- The key to conquering this new Torment Dungeon is to gather the heroes from the same series as the dungeon
- From now on, it is important to build your realms for Torment Dungeons. And your elements for Magicite Dungeons
- While you are going to prepare your realms for this renewal, don't forget to fortify your elements for the upcoming 5* Magicite Dungeons!

- The first Torment Dungeon to be released is FFT

*Current Torment Dungeons will permanently end before this renewal
*Any uncleared missions will also be lost
*In order to access the Torment Dungeon, you have to complete Volume 7 of the Book of Trials

- Bringing heroes of the same realm will make them even stronger
- At the same time, the boss will have lower stat & elemental resistance depending on how many of same realm heroes you bring, plus your party will deal more damage

- Dr Mog provides 2 RW choices in this dungeon

- The first is Bond Historia
- This is a Limit Chain Soul Break
- Any attacks from characters in the same realm will generate a Chain Count
- Maximum is 150, and there will be a medium damage boosting Field
- You can still use your native CSB, but they cannot be activated simultaneously

- The second RW option is Original Eternal Grimoire
- This is a Sentinel's Grimoire that is automatically activated at the start of battle
- It will last throughout the fight

- You will be graded based on the amount of damage you have dealt to the boss
- This allows you to earn some rewards even if you cannot defeat the boss
- Since stamina cost is only 1, feel free to attempt continuously to improve your grade!
- Also, there are also grade bonuses based on your clear time
- You CAN re-attempt the fight after you have defeated the boss, so it possible to get the higher tier rewards you missed

- The amount of 5* & Job Motes in this renewed dungeon is the exact same as the old version.
- A new item "Ruby Record" is also obtainable here
- Using a Ruby Record will allow you to craft a 6* Ability Record
- In January, 3 new 6* abilities will be added to the game. 3 more will be added in February
As previously listed, the first two sets of new 6* abilities are

6* Spellblade, Blast Strike: 4 single-target Fire/Earth physical attacks
6* Spellblade, Thunderspell Strike: 4 single-target Lightning/Water physical attacks
6* Spellblade, Ultimate Blaze Strike: 5 single-target Fire physical attacks

6* Black Magic, Vortex: 4 single-target Ice/Water/Lightning magic attacks
6* Black Magic, Chain Firaja: 5 single-target Fire magic attacks
6* Black Magic, Chain Thundaja: 5 single-target Lightning magic attacks

(Edits with some needed clarifications on Torments)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 9, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

This announced change is way more important than any new 6* abilities or wardrobe records:

New Hall of Rites Growth Eggs Trading System
In late January, there will be an update to the Hall of Rites where you can now trade in excess Memory Crystal lodes to Growth Eggs in multiple amounts!

Wtf I literally just spent an agonising amount of time doing this the other week

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Randabis posted:

Oh and I finally got r3 curada and Omega drive! 8 and 6 casts rocks and makes Vanille and Iris with LMR/LD powerhouse healers. Dualcast white is really strong.

Do dualcast LMs use an extra ability charge when dualcast procs?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think if it says Chance to Trigger then it won't use a charge but Chance to Cast Twice will. The difference being the % Chance to fire.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Do dualcast LMs use an extra ability charge when dualcast procs?

Vanille's LD and Iris' LMR do not use an extra charge.

Stuff like Shantotto's USB does use an extra charge on witch abilities.

It's kinda a shame that I dived her because I ended up getting Ashe's USB and dived her because her dualcast lightning also does not use an extra charge so she shits out lightning damage with the chase proc. I could use them together but I also have a dived Lightning with her USB BSB2 and OSB so the only thing I would need Shantotto for is casting her chain if I ever pull it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So I should probably not R4 Meltdown, and save for the new 6* abilities instead, right?

Unless you have Vivi's USB, it's advisable to wait and at the very least see how the new abilities play out. I just got all the crystal I needed last week and thankfully haven't done it yet myself. Anyway, I think I've actually used it 6 times maybe once ever.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
That's funny, I just honed Meltdown to R4 this morning, oh well.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dear friends, what do I do with all these job motes? The only thing I made was a Snowspell Strike for runic Celes and Mug Bloodlust for thieves.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stitch in Time is really good now, it's instant cast and provides a nearly unique buff to ATK and MAG. Lifebane is also very good, but somewhat overshadowed by Omega Drive.

The rest aren't really worth bothering with imo, especially with new 6* abilities in the pipe.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

That's funny, I just honed Meltdown to R4 this morning, oh well.

While I stand by what I said, it's not a big deal. Dailies aside, I believe they game has been giving out a bunch of crystals in the last 6 months in JP, all of which we'll probably get. Their mythril pots got accompanied with a bunch of resource pots, 4* magicite, crystal towers, etc.

As for job motes, I think Snowspell and Allegro are probably the most relevant for new content but none of them are essential. I would just sit on them for now until you either need them or they make it clear the currently bad poo poo won't be buffed at all and it's safe to shatter.

Allegro's probably the only one we've gotten so many extra copies that you can safely make extras and shatter.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Randabis posted:

Stuff like Shantotto's USB does use an extra charge on witch abilities.

It's kinda a shame that I dived her because I ended up getting Ashe's USB and dived her because her dualcast lightning also does not use an extra charge so she shits out lightning damage with the chase proc. I could use them together but I also have a dived Lightning with her USB BSB2 and OSB so the only thing I would need Shantotto for is casting her chain if I ever pull it.

Yeah I've got Shantotto's USB but I dived Ashe instead even though my only Ashe relic is her enLightning BSB.

I haven't been playing long and don't have a ton of hones so If I use Shantotto she spends most of the fight casting 4* witch abilities whereas Ashe can doublecast my r3 chain lighting and r2 Valigarmanda plus her BSB

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I did it!

All magicite battles sub-30!

I didn't think I had this one, until Squall started busting out 140,000 damage per turn. Steely Blade with TG Mode is INSANE. I could definitely get this one even lower, because I whiffed a few Lowen Roars.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm really glad we get 6 months notice, I'll need to reevaluate my planned pulls after checking my ream synergy.

I'm really glad they are releasing 5* hastega so I don't have to pull for a hastega in every realm.

Synergy chain looks hilarious.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Stitch in Time is really good now, it's instant cast and provides a nearly unique buff to ATK and MAG. Lifebane is also very good, but somewhat overshadowed by Omega Drive.

The rest aren't really worth bothering with imo, especially with new 6* abilities in the pipe.

Check who wants SiT before honing it though. Even though it's an ATK buff phys ninjas probably won't use it because the blink combo takes both slots. I like it on Fujin when she's using BLK but not for much else

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Where does Mobius fall in this spectrum of gacha hell? I'e gotten a lot of pulls out of it from story rewards but I get the feeling that once you get through that the well dries up pretty drat badly.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The daily RNG has been kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Where does Mobius fall in this spectrum of gacha hell? I'e gotten a lot of pulls out of it from story rewards but I get the feeling that once you get through that the well dries up pretty drat badly.

I haven't played Mobius in about a year, but my problem with it was generally much more to do with the grindy gameplay than the gacha.

• Locked thread