Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Nuevo posted:

Hahaha, that owns. Somebody please translate the Japanese, I'm super curious.

Also, van album linked to more another van album in the comments. The image captions are kind of ...eh, but there's some more crazy interiors.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gmFml

The red and blue text is "Pop Team Epic" (well, actually, "Poptepipic"), the name of the show. No idea about the kanji on the license plate area, I'm terrible at reading kanji and it's too stylized for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

The symbol in the lower left moves it from reality to dream?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Transports from a more civilised age.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nuevo posted:

Also, van album linked to more another van album in the comments. The image captions are kind of ...eh, but there's some more crazy interiors.

One of the captions does raise an important question though.. How DO you get the weed smell out of shag carpet?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

One of the captions does raise an important question though.. How DO you get the weed smell out of shag carpet?

Incense and/or pachouli duh :rolleyes:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Be the change you want in the world

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Fo3 posted:

the shaggin wagon in australia was always a panel van. That's a van based on a ute for all youse.

GM/Holden

Ford

Chrysler

Funky Hearses

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

These are all amazing but,

I wonder how much action they got with making GBS threads Pants.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nuevo posted:

Hahaha, that owns. Somebody please translate the Japanese, I'm super curious.

Pop Team Epic

otaku69
May 18, 2003

Collateral Damage posted:

Weren't most pop-up headlights of the era vacuum operated and like everything vacuum operated a complete bastard to keep working properly?

I know the ones on the Plymouth Superbird were vacuum operated

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
My parents had a (bought new)green '77 Thunderbird. The headlight doors always made the hiss when opening and didn't take long for them to creak also. My favorite was my Uncle's Opel GT, big lever in the center console. He drove like a maniac and I barfed in it riding in the back, no back seat back there just carpeted deck.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's like the guys in Letterkenny but in real life.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Shrapnig posted:

It's like the guys in Letterkenny but in real life.

Pin ‘er! What the dick!?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I was gonna reply with something along those lines until I scrolled down and saw your post. Maybe I'm just tired, but it blows my mind that I'm not looking at something that actually exists.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Someone tell me the name of this skin/livery so I can go and download it.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Page 7 horrible failure to take advantage of opportunity to run exhaust pipes out the top of the car. It's so obvious it hurts.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

That is Kyle Busch's GMG Pantera isn't it?

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

BigPaddy posted:

That is Kyle Busch's GMG Pantera isn't it?

Yep, the description is in the link on page 7.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is the right thread for this:
https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/950361112524083200

Fight me if you disagree. :colbert:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

iospace posted:

This is the right thread for this:
https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/950361112524083200

Fight me if you disagree. :colbert:

I really WANT to disagree, but I don’t think I can.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The pipes painted like filter-tip cigarettes @ 2:03 made me laugh (more.)

Powershift posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxByLO_6cA

Tractor puller goes nuts and keeps pulling after the weight hits the front of the sled

...just going to go ahead and take the sled home, apparently. Literal earth-moving torque, there.

How is that guy still alive? That's a test dummy, right?

davebo posted:

How can you have a pop-up headlight montage, include a Camaro but not a single C2/C3/C4/C5 Corvette? They have an over 40 year tradition of pop-ups.

And every RX-7 ever made.
Those are the most reliable pop-ups I've ever seen. Miata used basically the same mechanism, when it still had pop-ups. The second-gen RX-7s even kept the headlight itself vertical, so you could use them as flash-to-pass through special lenses in the bumper, without opening them. My AE86 has pretty much the same setup as the first-gen RX-7 as well.
Fun part is getting the Mazda to wink or wig-wag by fiddling with the manual pop-up button:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4dcBlGXHg

That's peak pop-up (or out, I guess) right there.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Darchangel posted:

How is that guy still alive? That's a test dummy, right?
Judging from the other YouTube footage of him, he is absolutely trashed at all times. Gotta stay loose, brah!!

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
New MCM is the best ever!!!!! S30 Gang!!!!!!!

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Back towards the end of November, I was invited to check out this hidden little gem of a garage here in Seattle. I meant to post these earlier, but life got in the way and I just forgot. All the cars here are stored by owners of this car club. They have an in-house mechanic that maintains all the vehicles and they are all road legal and road ready.

BTTF inspired cars

Awesome E30 M3 with cage

Mercedes SLR

It's successor, a brand new AMG GT

G-Wagen 4x4^2

65 VW Type 2? Notch

My buddy had one of thes Landcruisers in nearly the same setup. This one was mint

Not a big Porsche fan, but this is my inspiration. So great to see these color combos in the flesh because I'm painting my project car this Irish Kelly Green and having the tan interior.

Size comparison between the new Rolls Royce and the Lincoln Continentals

Lamborghini Jarama. It's in tip top shape and regularly driven by an old woman; who appearently owns one of the hotel skyscrapers here. From the garage I was at, they said there were only about 5 of these left. Not sure how credible that is but still an interesting oddball.

This Imperial was really interesting. It's a Secretary model so the passenger seat swivels backward so that the secretary can take notes on the typewriter while en route.

Here's an oddball Subaru Legacy. Not sure how it's got Colorado plates, considering this beast is RHD.

These are hilarious. They are owned by Macklemore. According to the garage, they are stored here because Macklemore's wife refuses to allow these on their home property.

And the rest

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 9, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
randy_marsh_I_came.jpg

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Memento posted:

randy_marsh_I_came.jpg

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh my jesus

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Solar Coaster posted:

These are hilarious. They are owned by Macklemore. According to the garage, they are stored here because Macklemore's wife refuses to allow these on their home property.

Downtowwwn!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
this is how i imagined Jay Leno's garage

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I love everything about this post.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Slid on black ice, crossed over the median strip and got t-boned.

I'm posting it here because the driver walked away with no injuries.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

Solar Coaster posted:

65 VW Type 2? Notch

Type 3. Also :shepspends:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That vw is so goddamn perfect.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Got drat.

That green 911 is perfection, holy mama.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:fap:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That photodump is unbelievable.

I sincerely hope they have 12,000 sprinkler nozzles and test it at least once a month.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Midniter posted:

That photodump is unbelievable.

I sincerely hope they have 12,000 sprinkler nozzles and test it at least once a month.

follow your heart

and realize that all of them are on trickle chargers on extension cords that are probably daisy chained together

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That e30 is absolutely gorgeous.

I am completely infatuated with the grey/orange combo on that lambo. It might be my favorite paint job I’ve ever seen. How much to make the paint on my magnetic mustang look like that lol?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Memento posted:

randy_marsh_I_came.jpg

DAD LOOK A REAL 356

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:lol: